[Drama 2021-2022] The Second Husband, 두번째 남편

Lmangla

4 hours ago, lhynne said:

Are they going to steal JK's money next episose? I hope they succeed

Yep, yep!  That is coming... Haha, this is so much fun.

michael jackson halloween GIF by Vevo

I have not seen any drama where the villain got tortured this comprehensively by the victim!  She was made to cook food for Sharon.  That was crazy.  Now her money will be gone from the vault...  JTown will go up in smoke... Then SH will steal her husband and her fake son... Then she will throw that wimp husband out on the street...  She will take the chairman's company that JK so badly wants.   Finally she will throw JK in jail too.   Can't wait!!

The funny thing is that all of those things are rightfully SH's!!  Everything.  The company, the husband (whom SH has the right to steal and throw in jail), the son, the mom... Everything.  What a story.

• Like 10
  • Blob 2

43 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Wow , she look nice in  leather :wub:

I think she can look nice in pretty much anything :) ... Looking forward to her leather avatar now!

But there is a lot of stuff to carry out from that vault.  Are they taking a forklift or something with them?  Bags won't do.  Way too much cash and gold bars.  They never told us how JK amassed all that so quickly after coming back from abroad.

(What is with gold bars these days in dramas?  The other drama I am watching, gentleman and lady, also has a silly gold bar story going on!  I see the gold bars and they look like chocolate bars!)

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

22 minutes ago, jayakris said:

But there is a lot of stuff to carry out from that vault.  Are they taking a forklift or something with them?  Bags won't do.  Way too much cash and gold bars. 

Shopping trolley most be available :joy:

money save GIF by safefood

• LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

57 minutes ago, jayakris said:

(What is with gold bars these days in dramas?  The other drama I am watching, gentleman and lady, also has a silly gold bar story going on!  I see the gold bars and they look like chocolate bars!)

sign of the times! in many economies around asia, people turn to buying more gold to combat recession, inflation worries, interest rate falls etc. it is quite common that people want something tangible they can hold to as gold can easily be converted to cash at any point of time. especially people of the older generation are far more attached to gold because they have been through times where money was lost overnight (banks collapse, political uncertainity, currency devaluation etc). 

also, the price of gold keeps rising which means the money you invested to buy that gold will still increase and be relatively higher than inflation. also as economies develop, interest rate drops and is often lower than inflation which just keeps rising. so for those who are not comfortable with investments like stocks, tangible assets like real estate and gold are far more attractive. 

in my place, the amount of people pawning their jewelry at the bank (gold loans) has increased during the pandemic. while jewelry acts as a collateral for these loans, there is still some loss for the consumer as they will deduct the value a little due to copper. whereas with gold bars, you get more for re-sale as well as loans. so many interested in investing in gold prefer to buy gold bars as opposed to jewelry. there is also a far less sentimental value to the bar which means people find it easier to sell or take out a loan on. no one is going to be crying tears for a gold bar but their hearts do ache when they have to pawn their wedding jewelry in contrast. 

so given that context, you can understand the following economic articles:

headline: Gold prices rising amid inflation concerns - article - may 19 2021

headline: Gold rush underway as Koreans seek safety, and a bargain -- article - april 15 2021

headline: Asian Shoppers Snap Up Gold Bangles to Bars Amid Price Slump - article - march 22, 2021

• Like 1
  • Insightful 4

51 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

sign of the times! in many economies around asia, people turn to buying more gold to combat recession, inflation worries, interest rate falls etc. it is quite common that people want something tangible they can hold to as gold can easily be converted to cash at any point of time. especially people of the older generation are far more attached to gold because they have been through times where money was lost overnight (banks collapse, political uncertainity, currency devaluation etc). 

Thanks @Lmangla, for the articles and details.  Yes, it makes a lot of sense.  Sign of uncertain times, indeed.  Who said dramas aren't a reflection of the society?  But where I came from originally (India), this was nothing new... They were always into gold, and bought a lot of it; especially so in my home state (Kerala).

----

On another topic, it was funny today that the fake Sharon-mom came up with a quick excuse on why JK looked familiar to her.

The Voice Television GIF

Haha, she said JK looked like the "talent" (Konglish for the kpop/hallyu idols under talent agencies) that she had seen on TV.  The most beautiful "talent" in Korea, she said, to make JK feel better.  It would've been funnier if she said that JK looked like somebody from the group "rainbow"...

But then SH immediately quips, "JK just works for her dad's company. She is no talent".  Haha.  I spilled my coffee. :)

oh my god omg GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

On 12/2/2021 at 12:01 PM, youngae said:

@Ameera Ali Contracts are made to be broken.

What contract? Get Pregnant Salma Hayek GIF by The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard

My question -> making babies GIF

If so, SH-> Tear Up Young And Restless GIF by CBS

Then, JM ->

Spoiler

Get Pregnant 90 Day Fiance GIF by TLC

And we->

Spoiler

Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Edited by ferily
Maximum 3 gifs per post, please put any other media in the spoiler tag. Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1