[Drama 2021-2022] The Second Husband, 두번째 남편

Lmangla

1 hour ago, tofumochu said:

Writers trying to give Sangmi a redemption arc, but I'm ain't buying it.

People like her who drop years of friendship over money don't deserve a Seojoon in their life and that's final.

Wait, what did SangMi do that was bad?  I thought she had no part in all the unimaginable sins her mom and brother committed.  She didn't willingly take part in any of it, and I thought she only raised questions on what they were doing whenever she was around.  But she gets the blame for being wimpy and not trying to find out what they were doing.  Finally she did something good though, with that phone recording.

Did I miss something bad that SangMi did?  She dropped friendship over money? With whom?  (Sorry if I simply forgot some stuff from earlier episodes)

• Like 6

Well Sang mi did spy on Seon hwa on JK's bidding/blackmail and thus JK was able to find out about Hanok's Bakery's plan to join the TV show. She also completely switched on JK's side when she found out she'll have a sister in law who is rich though she felt bad for SH. N one forced her to go when they met JK's family before the wedding, she was even excited and went with her mom to buy new clothes. She's not that evil compared to her mom, her brother  and JK though so she's redeemable I guess haha. But I never seen her dropped a fried due to money issues....I think you might be refering to Sang mi's Omma friend who lives with them. She ran away with Bok soon's money that's why she's hiding from her

Glad SH finally revealed to JM that SH knows she's Sharon. Though I don't think JM fully grasp what she said since the fact that SB is alive is much more important

• Like 9

4 hours ago, lhynne said:

Well Sang mi did spy on Seon hwa on JK's bidding/blackmail and thus JK was able to find out about Hanok's Bakery's plan to join the TV show. She also completely switched on JK's side when she found out she'll have a sister in law who is rich though she felt bad for SH. N one forced her to go when they met JK's family before the wedding, she was even excited and went with her mom to buy new clothes. She's not that evil compared to her mom, her brother  and JK though so she's redeemable I guess haha

Ah you are right (and @tofumochu) about that.  I did forget some of those things that SangMi did.  Not too consequential in the end, so it didn't stay in my mind.  I think they are trying to show her as just a shallow brain earlier, who has now become more mature and assertive enough to take the right stands on the issues.   Hmmm... I can see why we can't buy it all that easily.  Okay, somewhat redeemable, as she was not that evil and wasn't aware of all the truly evil things going on.

• Like 6

I don't think SM is evil but she's the daughter of the family that sold BSH for JK's money. Both mum and brother got high on the smell of money. 

It would be tragic  for bakery mum to end up with an utterly vile daughter and shallow mercenary DIL. What has she done to deserve both women?

• Like 7

I am going to defend SM.  To me she is mostly a grey character. She is not bad but she is not an angel. She is more gullible/naive more than anything. She wasn’t even around when everything went down with SB and they have kept her in the dark about everything. 
 If she was a truly bad egg she would not help BSH with anything. She would  tell on her in an heartbeat and work with her bad egg family against BSH.  She is starting to get an idea about how heartless and money grubbing they are. Just because her family are a bunch of bad eggs doesn’t mean she is one. She can date the baker boy but she would have to figure out how to deal with her rotten family. 

• Like 7

SM is only helping BSH because her job and her mother's shop are still secure. She was absolutely delighted as her mum in the early episodes when they found out that JK was a chaebol, knowing that BSH was brokenhearted. Wait till she has to choose. She has worked with JK against BSH before and nothing had happened to her for a 180 degrees change of heart.

Of course, the writer may turn her into a penitent with concience woman just to fit storyline. As it is, she will choose money.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, lhynne said:

Ohhhhh so HR's going to find out about Sharon's identity.... Hope the three of them unite against JK....

Yes she is close to finding out... But the preview seems to only shows her wondering why JM is close to BSH like he is to Sharon, and then why he took a wedding photo with BSH also. Maybe JM can still say that BSH is now Sharon's best friend, the three of them are tight now and whatnot, just to stretch it for an episode or two more.  But HR is close to figuring out that Sharon and BSH are one and the same. 

It would be better if JM just tells HR what is going on.  She may get upset at first but if he says that the marriage was all fake, and was only to catch JK in her crimes, HR shouldn't have a problem with it.  She already feels that BSH might have been truthful and it was JK who was lying to her, so she is probably ready to soften up towards BSH anyway.  Yeah, the three of them ganging up against JK will be terrific.

• Like 9

I'll join the minority in defense of Sang Mi. As others have mentioned, naive, gullible - yes, evil - no. 

- First, I'm gonna play the age card - at the start of the drama she's either late teens or early 20's

- Her brothers actions in leaving BSH are his alone, Sang-Mi didn't encourage it

- BSH & JK marriage, you can't expect a late teen/early 20 something to abandon family over a relationship break up that she had no say or control over ... this is a kdrama remember ... Korean family

- Even after MSH & BSH breakup, Sang-Mi never shunned BSH as her Mom and Brother did ... still calls her Unni

- She had no hand whatsoever in the murders or framing of BSH

- Spying for JK was more about self preservation after Sang-Mi was USED by either BSH or SC to spread the computer virus - JK threatened her first, Sang-Mi didn't up and volunteer.

- Sang-Mi was utterly shocked by what her Mom and Brother did with SB, and didn't hesitate a moment before sending BSH the recording.

- After confronting her mother about SB, Sang-Mi was ecstatic about leaving that home and being on her own. 

I think Sang-Mi is headed for a crisis of character - either side with her scheming family, or reject the money and influence and do whats morally right.  If she sides with BSH, then I have no qualms about her and Bakery Oppa if he's willing

JMHO

• Like 7

This has to be one of the best daily dramas, and it never amazes me at how many LOL moments there are despite it being a revenge theme.  The side characters are not necessarily interesting, but mistress Mom has a real clownish persona.  Do you notice the bassoon music in the background during her face time?  The bassoon is considered the clown of the orchestra.  Some cute editing there.  ;)

• Like 10

6 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

think Sang-Mi is headed for a crisis of character - either side with her scheming family, or reject the money and influence and do whats morally right.  If she sides with BSH, then I have no qualms about her and Bakery Oppa if he's willing

She is the ' blonde bimbo with a good heart' that I usually see in Hollywood shows, not offensive or endearing to me. But I am thinking of sweet loyal bakery lady who should get a DIL that gives her total happiness. I have never met anyone who does not show his/her family background in her character, even some who have rejected the family entirely still shows the family trait. Eg. I knew a woman from a well off restaurant whose father built it from humble means. Even though she portrays a don't care attitude with money, she will look at trips and even buying just an SK II moisturiser through dollars and sense that to me was awesome. I am bad, my father was a government servant. Koreans only seem to move out when they get married, family traits have to be stronger. But why not make SM the voice of conscience of the mercenery Moon family? the writer may have a good storyline for her. 

I find the show to have too many side stories now, with the lounge woman -Dae Kook and now SM and Hanok bakery. Yes it looks like we need to wait for the penultimate episode for Bit Na to reunite with her mum. This time, I am going to get the 3 ommas.:hwaiting2:

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

Okay, just finished latest episode ...

- If BSH/JM have talked themselves into the JK miscarriage secret, then the very next 2 words out of their mouths better be "Tae" and "Yang" ... JK misscarriage + SB still alive = Tae Yang ...  stay focused!

- Hae-Ran is having a ball tormenting JK ... and I'm just fine with that

GIF gata mouse maus - animated GIF on GIFER

- Sang-Mi is gonna need some help putting those flames out ... damn ... crash and burn :lol:

failed crash and burn GIF by truTV’s Bobcat Goldthwait’s Misfits & Monsters

8 hours ago, maribella said:

Koreans only seem to move out when they get married, family traits have to be stronger.

Uh, MSH & JK stayed in the parents house after marriage - Sharon & JM stayed too.  Only our intrepid Oppa smitten love hero has decided to venture out into the wild wild world ... you go girl!

8 hours ago, maribella said:

This time, I am going to get the 3 ommas

As disappointing as it may be, I won't argue this one with you, you may indeed get your 3.   But the question remains ... which Mother will get those 3 coveted "Omma's"?

loop perfect loops GIF

• Like 2
  • LOL 5