[Drama 2021-2022] The Second Husband, 두번째 남편

Lmangla

5 hours ago, sal2 said:

Based on the synopses she is not gonna go back to SH as he dump her and their baby for personal ambition. I suppose he gonna marry JK wanting to get into a rich family. After loosing her baby and being falsely accused for murder she meet Jae min and he falls for her. Drumroll... he is JK stepbrother, so she clearly gonna use him for revenge... but I think she gonna be thorn between falling in love with him and her revenge.

Of course she won’t go back to him. I think this one drama where FL’s ex husband will actually love his second wife. lol It isn’t like the other revenge drama Miss Monte Cristo. Clearly the cheater was attracted to the home wrecker. 
@Lmangla I really hate this kinda part in the drama. It makes me feel that they don’t respect marriages at all. I felt bad for the fl. To be honest I am not feeling the male lead. He seems so weak and so desperate to be musician but has no presence. 

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Of course she won’t go back to him. I think this one drama where FL’s ex husband will actually love his second wife. lol It isn’t like the other revenge drama Miss Monte Cristo. Clearly the cheater was attracted to the home wrecker. 
@Lmangla I really hate this kinda part in the drama. It makes me feel that they don’t respect for marriage at all. I felt bad for the fl. To be honest I am not feeling the male lead. He seems so weak and so desperate to be musician but has no presence. 

Agree, he is clownish. How could our pathetic FL get help from him? This actor has been a straight, tough guy in the shows I have seen. It might be his first attempt at been 'irresponsible and rich' character. The FL has been playing the second fiddle character in many shows that I've seen. She was completely overshadowed in  Man in a veil - BTW I still have not figured out the title.

I hope she does better.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Wow! The gall of the man! He gets two women pregnant before marriage and is reluctant to take responsibility! Also he ML! Is he really the ML? He is such a weak character. How do we put our trust in him? :crazy: I like the pace of the drama (fingers crossed). hope they don't drag it too much. But they should definitely do something about the ML. I didn't even know he was the ML.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, confusedheart326 said:

Wow! The gall of the man! He gets two women pregnant before marriage and is reluctant to take responsibility! Also he ML! Is he really the ML? He is such a weak character. How do we put our trust in him? :crazy: I like the pace of the drama (fingers crossed). hope they don't drag it too much. But they should definitely do something about the ML. I didn't even know he was the ML.

kekekke.... welcome to the world of daily dramas. don't worry, he is not the ML ML. meaning he is more likely to go through all sorts of drama where he is more the villain or anti-hero type character. daily drama writers will usually give a much nicer guy to FL at the end -- someone who is more sane and loyal. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, confusedheart326 said:

ML is the half brother of the SFL

SML is the first (ex) husband soon to be the husband of the SFL

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

wow, he have the audacity to ask SH if their baby gonna grow up well without him... yes, his mistress is pregnant so he just gonna leave them without even being honest about his affair.... I guess his mother gonna be happy he gonna marry a rich girl as she was mean toward SH for being poor..  

• Unamused 2
  • Naughty 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kekekke.... welcome to the world of daily dramas. don't worry, he is not the ML ML. meaning he is more likely to go through all sorts of drama where he is more the villain or anti-hero type character. daily drama writers will usually give a much nicer guy to FL at the end -- someone who is more sane and loyal. 

He may not be ML but if he is so good at being bad like the woman in Man in a veil, we may have to watch him till the last episode.

I don't find the ML particularly engaging to watch. So why are all the man chasing him? 
i think it's his doting grandfather, (the chairman of a huge corporation, second only to Samsung) who sent those men. I saw a similar scene in a few shows. He happens to be the half brother of the wretched woman whose mother I'm guessing was the mistress. The SML's mother is rather crude. Bad character runs in the family? :grimace:

edit: she said otoke. 

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1

39 minutes ago, maribella said:

I don't find the ML particularly engaging to watch. So why are all the man chasing him? 
i think it's his doting grandfather, (the chairman of a huge corporation, second only to Samsung) who sent those men. I saw a similar scene in a few shows. He happens to be the half brother of the wretched woman whose mother I'm guessing was the mistress.

so I noticed that jae kyung called the chairman's wife "omoni" instead of 'omma'. so I think the chairman's wife is actually her stepmother. it may be a twist but the chairman's wife may be a nice lady -- she took sun hwa to the hospital. she also seems to be under the impression that her son jae min is in the US and has been for a few years. jae min also said that he sang a OST song for a drama 5 years ago but then couldn't pursue music again for a few. so a small mystery there on what he was doing for 5 years and why he didn't pursue music. he also seems to be 'hiding' at the confectionary shop house. not sure how he knows them or whether they are all related. 

1 hour ago, sal2 said:

wow, he have the audacity to ask SH if their baby gonna grow up well without him... yes, his mistress is pregnant so he just gonna leave them without even being honest about his affair.... I guess his mother gonna be happy he gonna marry a rich girl as she was mean toward SH for being poor..  

am a little confused because I thought jae kyung knew he was seeing someone. so I guess he didn't tell her that he was actually married and there was a baby on the way. every time she asks where he was, he ducks. considering she said lets have a fling at the beginning, when does she think they became exclusive and he dumped his girlfriend? when sun hwa asks what he is up to, he answers 'business'. so he sees jae kyung as a business opportunity to trade up his status in life. he took so long to answer her question -- she should know that the guy isn't really interested in her. guess, she was taken in by his pretty face? 

• Shocked 1
  • Insightful 3

Oh I meant that musician guy only! He is such a weakling. I cannot imagine him to be the ML. In fact I didn't connect that the step brother and the musician are one and the same. Then it struck me the same names. So I connected the dots and concluded he and the step brother are the one and same.  The byte size episodes are good. I can keep up with 30 mins a day. The baby is so cute. I wish they didn't 'kill' the baby. :tears: The 'first' husband has disappointed me. So was he just playing hard to get or did he finally give into temptation? He thinks he is too smart. Let the revenge begin!:naughty:

• Like 3
  • Naughty 1
  • Awesome 1

So, while I was waiting for other stuff to finish getting subbed and all I decided to give this a shot and also see if Miss Otoke could be fun to watch. Probably will have to choose which show I will end up sticking with. Since this is the beginning, I can clearly say that it is a bit interesting but will have to actually wait till the revenge taking part actually starts because then this may also become a disappointment.

For instance, the current drama that I am watching (The Red Shoes) kind of had an interesting plot and all but when it came down to the execution of the Revenge plot it has kind of started feeling just meh. Atleast that is for me. Just look at its predecessor aka Miss Monte Cristo over there the female lead had numerous enemies that she wanted to take down and for each of them she had intricate plans to do so. Even if she sometimes lost the flow, she remained true to her path most of the time. While I will honestly admit that I didn’t enjoy the ending and parts near the end it was a decent drama otherwise. But in Red Shoes the Female Lead seems to even lack a clear plan or we aren’t privy to it. She is sloppy and whatnot. Did hear that episode 17 leaves us with an interesting plot point. something that I am averse too but if dealt with correctly I guess it can make the show better. Will have to wait and see how that turns out then doesn’t it.

Now moving on to my main post itself.

Spoiler

We are introduced to bunch of characters over here some we are going to like others not so much as well as guess why the Female Lead even had to be locked up for a crime that she clearly didn’t commit.

Frankly speaking I just hope that the Second Female Lead wasn’t so vile enough to kill of the Grandmother and her baby just so that she could have her man and all. Though by the end we do know that grandmother isn’t going to last till the last episode. So, all of you that are thinking about getting attached to the character be warned and harden your hearts. Will get down to my reasoning in a bit.

Moving on there is the Cheating Husband who I see everyone is ready to crucify for a bunch of reasons. Now over here while I certainly do agree with some of the things that he is accused of I also feel like he should be given a pass in a few of them. No, I certainly don’t condone cheating if that is what any of you are thinking and all but facts should probably speak over here. For instance, the two things that come clearly to my mind at the moment are about how he didn’t excuse himself when he has a pregnant wife back home and that he had to rush there and the fact that he was so busy enjoying himself at the club that he failed to pick up his phone calls that he was receiving from home to inform him that his wife was in labour or the fact that nobody bothered to send him a message via SMS or even WhatsApp.

Okay so regarding the first issue I guess this is more of a Cultural thing from my observations of K-Dramas and all. Normally if you are living in a place like the States asking to be excused may make a whole lot of sense. But when you work in a place where hierarchy is more important you end up in a slightly sticky situation. The superiors might think that you are looking down on them or think that you are better than them and that is why you don’t want to join them. This may further mean that your job prospects/promotions may be further affected. To avoid this the workers, tend to attend any Team Diners even if they are uncomfortable. This can probably be seen best during some of the drinking scenes in these shows and how the interns at times feel slightly uncomfortable during all of this or when their superiors try and make a drunken pass towards them. Therefore it makes sense that he would want to remain on the good side of his Superior thus he would have to attend the Team Diner over here.

As for the missed phone calls and messages I can easily attest to the fact that a person can’t always hear the phone bell ringing especially if there are a lot of loud noises going around you. What about vibration you may say. Again, while that is helpful it doesn’t always work. I have had a few missed calls and I haven’t heard or felt anything when they happened. Probably for me it might be because I tend to carry a ton of junk in my pockets so that might be the reason why they might become muffled for me. Regardless of all this I feel like we can give him a pass in regards to this atleast.

But what happens next is not the same. He ends up cheating on his pregnant wife. Okay while that was certainly bad, I guess one can perhaps blame it all on the drinks that were consumed and the fact that his boss seduced him that night. Mistakes can happen even when they shouldn’t. I would probably say that this is something that the husband and wife need to work through and feel that if there is no way to repair their marriage perhaps because the trust has been lost forever, they should go for a divorce. But that is something for another time. Regardless of all this what really irked me about him and the reason why I can’t absolutely forgive him for his transgressions is that he is continuing his affair with his boss even after becoming a father. Well technically he was already a father when his wife was pregnant but with the actual baby delivered and all it changes everything. He now has certain responsibilities and all to fulfill. So, at this point atleast he should have called of the affair or in this case the one night stand and moved on. Instead, this guy is letting his ambition lead his choices and is more than willing to accept his boss’s proposal to get married and whatnot. Sorry but you don’t get any kind of pass over here. Justice needs to be served at all costs.

Some have brought up the fact that the boss is going to end up loosing her own kid so she will end up raising Miss Otoke’s kid. Whether this is by her own choice or she is tricked into doing so by her husband. Nope still not okay by either of you for what you did to her and her family. I guess this news might affect the Female Leads revenge down the line but I really hope that isn’t the case. Also, this development is really not going to surprise me since I have already witnessed it in a few shows.

Now as to why I don’t think that the grandmother is not going to make it till the end of the show. If there is going to be a baby swap, I don’t think that it is going to be possible as long as the baby as a legal family to look after it even if the mother is locked up behind bars. This means that one of the grandmothers will have to pick up the slack in this department. Following this logic then it is simple who that is going to be. It can’t be Scummy’s mother for the obvious reason. He has been keeping his relationship to Miss Otoke a closely guarded secret so he isn’t going to tell anyone that he has already become a father etc… so keeping the baby at his place is a big no as that would reveal the birth secret right of the bat and ruin his chances of marrying anyone else including his boss and all. This means that only Miss Otoke’s grandmother is left. But does anyone think that she is simply going to allow her grandchild be taken away even if they promise him a better future with his new family. Even if she did which is highly unlikely you know that once the female lead leaves jail and returns home, she will ask about the fate of her child. If the grandmother is still alive, she will reveal that he is with the birth father. Miss Otoke will then do her best to get the child back using any means necessary. But like I said she may feel that part of her revenge needs to be toned down because her Ex atleast took good care of their child while she was locked up and all. Therefore, I feel that if they want to keep the tension up the grandmother needs to sadly pass on.

The other thing that we have to remember is that since this is a drama there are no wasted characters and that we all need the characters to be connected to each other in someway or the other. In this case we need to focus on the bakery and the family that tends to run it. They know Miss Otoke and her grandmother and for further bonus points they also know about the male lead as well (sort off). Am not a 100% sure though if he is boarding with them or just tends to hang out at their place and they have sort of accepted him as a part of the household. Cleary they aren’t aware of the fact that he is from a rich family and all since he is keeping his identity a secret from everyone for obvious reasons. Again, will get into that in a bit. But as I was saying if the grandmother passes away then where is Miss Otoke going to stay. She is also going to need allies or those that feel sympathetic towards her or her cause. This means that this family is going to end up playing this part. This also allows the main leads to better get to know each other and all. Not sure where I stand on her using him for her revenge plot but that is probably going to be when she discovers his true identity and all. Frankly I am always against that but whatever.

Then we have Sleazebo’s family. We already know how most of them are going to be like. As of now only his sister seems decent. Don’t like her outfits that much but when it comes to her SiL she is currently awesome. Always trying to defend her from her mothers’ comments or trying to contact her brother even when her mother prioritizes the son’s work above all else. If she atleast stays like this to the end I feel like we may have some good news. But even then, not so sure how much of the female leads antics she is going to put up with when they are affecting her brother and family. Atleast in Miss Monte Cristo the sister wasn’t on speaking terms with her brother and his wife the moment they decided to get married and forget about her BFF and to be SiL. She was even willing to support her in her revenge plans but even she had the part of not messing with her brother down the line since he was also a potential victim. But this isn’t the case over here. So, it is kind of hard to gauge her reaction to all of this. Perhaps she is going to be bribed with an official position at the company or something since it doesn’t appear like she is doing any kind of job at the moment and all.

As for the mother well, she will come as no surprise since she comes from the standard K-Drama MiL Cookie Cutter. She disapproves of her current DiL thinking that she isn’t good enough for her son due to her humble origins but is currently forced to approve of her because she is going to give birth to her first grandchild (okay that has been done) and the fact that the two of them are already married. She also likes to dress up fancy as could be seen when Miss Otoke gave her a shirt as a gift. She was initially happy that she must have gotten an expensive shirt because it was from a department store. But that clearly turned to disappointment once she discovered that it was an item from a sale. Now tell me what is going to happen when a woman from a rich and well off family approaches her and informs her that she is not only romantically interested in her son but also wants to marry him. She is going to see the $$$ signs and be more than willing to approve her as her DiL. This means that she is going to get an upgrade in her life but will not only be able to afford all those expensive designer clothes but will also be gifted some of them by her DiL. She will probably try and convince Miss Otoke to give up on Sleazebo for his potential future and whatnot and that she shouldn’t be a hindering block towards him etc…. As for the marriage problem it will actually be interesting to see how the writers deal with it.

I mean are Miss Otoke and Sleazebo even legally married. As someone here pointed out the marriage is only legally accepted/binding when they have it registered in a certain place (the name sadly slips my mind at the moment). So, this means that Korea doesn’t accept a marriage is void even if they hold a religious wedding or where guests are invited and all. Kind of does make sense. Frankly it sort of makes sense. Best outcome is to either first register the wedding or do so at the wedding ceremony instead of postponing it as that may cause problems further down the line and all. Anyway, as I was saying the only wedding scene that we were a witness too was at the start of the episode at that empty church and all. Perhaps they simply think that if they are married in the eyes of God that is sufficient but that is not how the world works sadly. Also, I keep wondering about the fact that Miss Otoke has recently been sort of excited about her upcoming marriage and all. It is kind of puzzling after all on one hand she lets the world know that she is already married and on the other it is all about her getting married in a few months. What the heck is up with that. Is it like someone earlier mentioned how they perhaps got married first and then registered their marriage later or the other way round? Hopefully they had registered their marriage but since no guests and family were invited to their wedding this second round is to address that issue. I would frankly prefer they go this route as this would mean that the second female lead would have complications in her desire to get married and all.

As I was saying some people do wonder what is the point of getting married. If you like someone just stay with them as your partner and all. Now in the short run I believe that may be okay but what about the long term. Let’s say that one of the partners after 20+ years decides not only are they tired of their current partner but have also found a replacement for them as well. This means that one of them will have to leave and they may also end up with nothing to their name even if they have been sharing the expenses and all. But if you are married it serves as a shield and protection from being unfairly treated in this manner. The court is also hopefully more on both parties’ side equally and according to your customs and laws the property/wealth/kids can be separated in a fair and just way. But this might not happen if you are merely partners. Oh well none of that is probably important over here or what my thoughts regarding marriage are. Do as one likes and feels is better.

Moving on to Singing Oppa aka main lead aka brother of Second Female Lead. One would think that he is on the run from Loan Sharks/Gangsters when this is probably not the case. This guy clearly loves performing music more than anything and that probably includes working in the family business/company. That is the reason why he is constantly covering his face or trying to conceal his identity. The dad has probably sent his guys to track him down and bring him back to the family and all. Atleast there doesn’t seem to be a birth secret behind him for the time being. I can only assume this because the dad misses him a lot and the wife tries to humour him and all and so far she hasn’t been shown to be the devious plotter evil stepmothers have been descripted as in these shows. Then again it simply might be because she doesn’t consider him a threat since he isn’t in town or is trying to run the company. Since her daughter seems extremely capable, she is satisfied about it. I guess we will also have to wait and see how this turns out as well later on. As for her she apparently runs a Foundation like any good Chaebol wife in these dramas. She also seems to be considerate enough to help a random stranger in need aka a pregnant woman aka Miss Otoke. But just how long will this last.

Who wants to bet that down the line we will discover that she is probably trying to conceal a Slush Fund being operated through her Foundation? Not only that if she behaves like any other drama mother who thinks that the life of their child is far more important than that of a random stranger and thus helps in the framing of Miss Otoke just so that her daughter can end up having what they want regardless of how many other lives are ruined. The father as of now seems okay for the time being. Sure, he misses his son but that is too be expected if he hasn’t heard any news about him for over a year or so. As of now I guess I should give him a pass. Will be interesting to find out about his reaction when he discovers that his daughter has feelings for one of her subordinates or is pregnant with his kid or if he does a background check on him and discovers his secret. Though that department generally falls on the mother’s side. (in these dramas).

Surprisingly I still haven’t come across any of those trusty secretaries that are sure to pop up in these dramas that are responsible for either helping one of these villains (parents or second lead) that do all of these background searches on said characters on the order of their bosses or do something illegal just so that they can maintain their power and position. But I guess as of now none of that is important since they are trying to show that this family is currently above board and all.

Doubt that will last long though considering that their son is going to be probably be working/living with their potential rival and they will try to do their best to get rid of them. Either this is because of them posing a business threat or simply because the female lead is with them and they want to get rid of her for various reasons. (Threat, Don’t approve of her, Business Rival etc…)

Sleazebo is frankly already on shaky ground and he doesn’t realize that yet. He has promised Rainbow Brite that he will get some famous chef or baker to endorse their product. There is no guarantee that is going to work and if he can’t provide results his position is going to be in jeopardy. Problem here is that while he promised her that he is confident and will try his best it should have been left at that. But she tried to make him look good infront of her fathers’ eyes so she informs him that the deal is good as done and that they are at 90% chance that he will deal with them. Why do I get the feeling that not only is he going to refuse to endorse them but instead sign the deal with the other bakery where Singing Oppa likes to hang out. Hopefully that is the case because I don’t want Sleazbo to get a victory of any kind he doesn’t deserve it at this point. Nor does he deserve a loving and devoted wife like that.

Speaking of Miss Otoke I do like the fact that currently she is portrayed as someone that doesn’t take nonsense from anyone and if she sees any kind of injustice she tries to speak out against it. Sure she gets physical but how else does one apprehend creeps like that. But sadly, I do wonder just how long that attitude is going to last. I have seen characters that had such fighting spirit but when confronted by a bunch of gangsters they suddenly become the Damsels In Distress aka DID (from Hercules). Then they have to be rescued by the male lead which probably makes them fall for them. Oh well I guess that this is part and parcel of these shows so I should be prepared for all this and accept it as it is.

Her in prison I was half expecting some of her cell mates to suddenly get physical against her telling her to shut up or something along those lines. Glad that didn’t happen atleast. I do hope that jail time only ends up toughening her as well as making her smarter. Perhaps she can learn the tricks of the trade over there and use them to outsmart her enemies. Again, that is probably too much wishful thinking on my part.

Either way Revenge part should be hopefully interesting because as of now she has no allies that she has actually interacted with so who is going to help her out in her revenge and why

Anyway, while I certainly do feel that I am forgetting a bunch of stuff I feel like I should end my post over here for the time being. Till then take care all of you and keep posting. Hopefully this drama will be able to surprise all of us over here at some point and actually turn out to be a good drama. If I don’t catch any kind of Drama Logic Fails, I guess that is an even better sign.

As for a side note here are some of the nicknames that I have come up with for some of these characters. Let me know of your thoughts regarding them and what better ones you can come up with.

Female Lead: Miss Otoke – simply because that is what she became knows as in the last drama around its final leg. Till someone comes up with a better name we can stick with that. Or since she likes to ensure that justice prevails we can also go with Miss Justice, or a variant of it. Then again she knows martial arts as well so Karate Girl can also be perhaps used unless any of these names are already taken in a drama.

Second Male Lead: Sleazebo – this is due to him abandoning his wife all of a sudden for the sake of his ambitions. Not only that but doing it at the worst possible moment when she was pregnant or had just given birth to his first child. Like I said he doesn’t deserve her

Male Lead: Singing Oppa – Since he has a love for singing even if he is getting scammed all he wants to do is simply to sing rather than run the family business. Or one might go with the title Singing Prince (since nobody seems to know that he is from a rich family)

Second Female Lead: Rainbow Brite – Yes I know that I am that old to be aware that was an animated show back in the 80’s if I am not mistaken. Not that I can recall what it was about since I wasn’t really interested in it. I think it was about a magical girl that traveled via rainbows on her horse. But that is the most that I can remember at the moment unless I am mixing up stuff. The other reason being that the actress over here was in a girl band called Rainbow. The only time I watched them perform was when they popped up in a drama where one of their bandmates was part of the cast and someone pointed out that she didn’t perform alongside them. LoL. Not that I could recognize this actress over there but that isn’t important, I guess. Then again people might not like this name so they can come up with whatever suits them.

The rest can be named as more time goes by and we get to know them better. Anyway like I said take care all of you and till next time.

• Like 6

Well first of all I want to apologize for the double post and all. Perhaps someone else will post by the time I am done over here or I might wait another hour before I post this. We will have to see. Anyway, as this episode got subbed first, I thought that I should add some of my thoughts that I picked up from this episode.

So lets get into a few new discoveries that we make over here as well as the reassessments that need to be made over here because of that.

Spoiler

I guess I was partially wrong about Foundation Mum. Apparently, she isn’t going to be as nice and innocent as she was initially portrayed. Well, it shouldn’t really come as a major surprise to anybody, I guess. When are rich people actually innocent in these shows? To be fair she hasn’t done anything illegal so far but the signs are there. Turns out that she may very well be Rainbow Brite’s stepmother something some of you clearly picked up before me. Over here she is trying to convince her son to return/join the company before his sister gains more influence over there. A clear sign that she wants him to inherit the company. Again, this shouldn’t have been an issue if both children were her own as she wouldn’t care which one of them inherits the company as it would still have been run by family of sorts. So, from her intent we can easily assume that she will be bound to try something shady down the line. Again, it is wrong of me to be so judgmental and I would love to be proven wrong.

Next let’s move onto the other discovery that is clearly hinted over in this episode. Not a 100% sure of how to make it out and I may very well be wrong over here about part of it atleast. What is it? Well, the answer to that is simple. Birth Secret. What good K-Drama doesn’t have one and it might be sometime since we may have seen one. Apparently two were hinted in this drama so again this is merely assumption on my part. The first one happens to be when Singing Princes father wonders where he gets his obsession for music when neither of his parents like it. While this is by no means a guaranteed sign that this means that he probably has a birth secret the chances become high considering that this is a drama. If this is true then it would probably mean that Foundation Mum was pregnant with another mans child but she pretended that it was the chairman’s child in someway or the other and got him to marry her. It wouldn’t surprise me if that is the case.

The second birth secret that we can assume from this episode is the fact that concerns Miss Otoke herself. She brings up the fact that it would have been nice if she had pictures to see what her mother looked like. The grandmother’s reaction at this point is interesting. She angrily tells her that there were no pictures because they were conveniently destroyed in a fire. Really reminds me of the same excuse Carrie Jung used to explain why there were no pictures of her daughter when she was young. (She kidnapped her remember). So now we have to ask ourselves just why isn’t there any picture of Miss Otoke’s mother. Yes, it is extremely possible that the pictures were indeed destroyed in a fire as the grandmother mentioned and it isn’t like a person is going to try and grab anything while a fire is happening. They are supposed to leave with just the basics etc… Now back to the point that I was trying to make. If her mother is someone totally unimportant and is actually dead then a picture would suffice even if it is of some random actor. But not doing this means that her mother is probably someone we know or will easily recognize.

Clearly this isn’t the Baking DiL since Grandmother wouldn’t be treating her in such a manner and also why isn’t Miss Otoke living with them. This clearly means that the only other female old enough has to be her mother. In this case it would probably mean Foundation Lady matches the description. Gasp I know this would probably make the main leads related by blood in some manner if this is indeed the case. Scandalous I know. So I guess I am probably wrong in one of this department correct.

I guess if we want to avoid this mess, we could perhaps say that there was a baby swap that happened somehow this could possibly resolve this messy situation but how that would work remains to be seen. The other weird theory that I could come up with is that almost every male in this show dead or alive were a bunch of cheaters. Nope sorry scratch that theory after considering it, that won’t work at all.

I was thinking that maybe missing dad could be Singing Princes birth father but that just doesn’t make sense. In this case I was saying that Baking Ladies husband who is dead now could have actually been Singing Princes actual dad. He died in some accident and since Foundation Mum wasn’t legally married to him got nervous and went ahead and seduced the Chairman in someway by pretending that she was pregnant with Dancing Prince who was his son and all. But if this was the case then the grandma wouldn’t be on good terms with Baking Lady or her family aka FiL.

But at the rate that we are going it won’t surprise me one bit if it does turn out that either Foundation Mum or her husband were somehow responsible for her husband’s death.

So Sleazebo wants to breakup with Miss Otoke because he sees the $$$ signs by marrying Rainbow Brite who also is conveniently pregnant with his kid as well. Found it amusing that Singing Prince figured out that the guy must have done something to take responsibility for. Again, the guy is making things worse he doesn’t want her to have a heads up. The closest that he came up with was asking if she was brave and strong enough to raise their kid on her own. Ah no you don’t get out of it this way you stinking weasel. It takes two to tango and you are equally responsible for your actions buddy. Not only this but since she isn’t getting a heads up she is busy spending money to prepare for her married life. If she has a warning, she can easily use that money elsewhere where it is needed or invest in something to help her out. Frankly she needs to wisen up a lot.

Her trusting nature is going to doom her eventually. I wonder just how much we should blame Rainbow Brite for this entire mess and just how guilty is she actually. Sure, she went after Sleazebo and even offered to marry him and all. But from what she is aware the guy was merely interested in another woman and to her knowledge they weren’t exclusive or married. In this case she probably thought that he was then fair game. As long as he hasn’t signed the dotted line, he could be swayed to join her as he is more or less free at this point and couples do tend to breakup over small things. Perhaps she thought that he would handle matters cleanly with the girl that was interested in him. Regardless now that she is pregnant with his kid, she might just take matters into her own hands. Never a good sign. Nor does she seem as innocent as one would like to think.

It seems like I had a few more theories but they have sadly slipped my mind at the moment. So, I will be ending my post over here for the time being. Be sure to let us know if you think if my theories make sense or if you have a better one. Am sure to have also missed out other signs so don’t forget to add them as well.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

so I noticed that jae kyung called the chairman's wife "omoni" instead of 'omma'. so I think the chairman's wife is actually her stepmother.

Maybe she's adopted. I need to get their names but really so difficult to remember.
The wife helped out at the foundation and maybe brought her home? If true, this would be interesting. The SML's mother will be so delighted to have a rich DIL, then it all crashes... I like it when people in dramas get their just desserts. Hard to see that in real life.

9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

a little confused because I thought jae kyung knew he was seeing someone. so I guess he didn't tell her that he was actually married and there was a baby on the way

He was being evasive in the beginning. ' seeing someone' he said instead of being a father and was planning a wedding.

That's why I asked about his DIY 'marriage' with her.  It's like agreeing to have a conjugal relationship, accepted by his and her families, but living separately, having a baby !!! but he can marry another woman legally. They 'married' in what looked like a church. 

Just curious, is this only a kdrama scene or is it common in real life Korea? 
There is a Beyonce song that makes more sense to me.:blush:

• Like 4

Wow. Them players and their super sperms. Popping out babies one after the other.

Dude needs to relearn his contraception skills - is he even wrapping his willy?

With every episode, I want to burn the mother-in-law, bring her to the alleyway and fork her.

She's in no position to demand a mink coat nor a Hermes. Like witch, come back with your tacky-RickRoll'D, simpleton faux-rich wannabe list when you can actually afford that shirt yourself. Ha. You live in a single floored apartment and you're acting like a hauty Penthouse owner. Your son's a nobody. He's not even a CEO or an executive. He's just a manager? at most bc he forked his way up. So frickin' laughable.

episode 6 nbc GIF by The Good Place

• Like 3
  • LOL 3