[Drama 2022] Green Mothers Club, 그린마더스클럽

larus

On 5/13/2022 at 8:30 AM, chickfactor said:

Kim Gyu-ri is back! Her name is Leah Bunuel. How does she have the same last name as he does? Is she his sister or something? So mysterious.

Anyway, I knew that the Jinha mystery isn't over.

--

My prediction:

Chun-hee went to Jinha's place that night due to Jinha's threat to report her to the police. But when she arrives, she witnessed Jinha's murder by Creepy Director. She's keeping quiet about it because she doesn't want anyone to know why she was at Jinha's place.

I know Chun-hee did some very bad things, but I hope that she somehow ends up okay, at least for the sake of her kids.

Hopefully the police will catch all the drug dealers and Dr. Jerk and throw them all in jail. In the same cell with Creepy Director, please.

Sorry for cutting your post...

I also think new girl resembling Jin-ha is his sister (not blooded, maybe both of them were adopted). That explains why he looked surprised at EP's ceremony when he saw Jin-ha stepped in. 

If that's true, it's a bit creepy that he dumped EP and got married to a girl resembling his sister. "Oedipus complex" or what? :blink:

I don't think CH killed JH or witnessed JH's murder, as she looked so shocked in the rainy morning when she learned abt JH's death. She scared for her life that she was the last person meeting JH and giving her drugs.

Btw, I wonder what drugs CH is selling? police didn't find anything abnormal after performing autopsy on Jinha. 

Usually, in detective stories, the most obvious suspect is not the murderer. So, I think Creepy director is not the one. With many twists here and there in this drama so far, it won't be shocking to me if the real murderer is someone else, like CH's ex or better yet, CH's husband. :sweatingbullets: The top priority now is sending this jerk to hell by express. 

CH is bad, but I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel for her, although she's so deep in her own $h!t.

On 5/13/2022 at 4:25 PM, philosophie said:

Keep trying to make sense of how she faked her death, but literally people saw her corpse in the rain. I don’t know how that she didn’t get hypothermia or die from faking her death in that weather.

I also hope JH only faked her death. Henry insists on staying instead of leaving for France with Louis, maybe he knows his mom is still alive? The kid is not so shocked abt his mom's death, btw.

But with her corpse and autopsy, look like she's long gone... Except the case she cooperated with the police to fake her death to help them find out the supply of the drugs. 

Writer-nim, bring it on and surprise us more! B)

• Like 1

That would be good twist if CH’s husband is a murderer.  They get rid of him for CH.  What about Young Mi’s man?  Hmmm… maybe there’s something can kill two birds with one stone.  Like both of them commited crime in JH’s case. 

If Rhea is not real sister of Louis and he couldn’t marry her, then… did she have a family already, didn’t want him or what’s up writer-nim?

• Like 1

I've been trying to figure out why Chun-hee would make a deal with Dr. Jerk to marry her.

But after thinking it over, I guess the answer is that the hospital would try to blame her anyway for the patient's death, because it will be less liability for them to blame a nurse than to admit that one of their doctors screwed up.

So she decided that she will be blamed anyway, so she might as well get something out of it.

Anyway, her life is much bleaker than I assumed, and honestly, I still like her and hope things turn out okay for her.

I do like how they introduce much heavier-than-expected storylines, but still also manage to work the burdens of motherhood stuff into it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chickfactor said:

I've been trying to figure out why Chun-hee would make a deal with Dr. Jerk to marry her.

But after thinking it over, I guess the answer is that the hospital would try to blame her anyway for the patient's death, because it will be less liability for them to blame a nurse than to admit that one of their doctors screwed up.

So she decided that she will be blamed anyway, so she might as well get something out of it.

Anyway, her life is much bleaker than I assumed, and honestly, I still like her and hope things turn out okay for her.

I do like how they introduce much heavier-than-expected storylines, but still also manage to work the burdens of motherhood stuff into it.

Besides, she came from a poor family. Even her mom told her to be good with Dr. Jerk's family although that family treats her badly, just because that family could raise a doctor (a $h!tty one). Her priority in life is to make her kids become doctors. What a stressful and sad life! 

I don't know, I just can't dislike her at some points. Now CH and EP seem to be back on good term after they found sympathy with each other abt their kids' mental problem. But I'm not sure if it's permanent, or CH has another motive to take advantage of EP, a police's wife, later. 

• Like 1

So, the theory JH was jealous of EP is correct.  She snatched Louis on purpose. 

And what in the world happening in Young Mi’s mind… in believing her man is a victim?!!

With all the twists & turns maybe I shouldn't be surprised but I’m a bit stunned that CH asking Man-su to leave with her when she’s free from her awful husband.

OMG the preview… is that creepy director grabbing EP from behind?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, QSD said:

So, the theory JH was jealous of EP is correct.  She snatched Louis on purpose. 

And what in the world happening in Young Mi’s mind… in believing her man is a victim?!!

With all the twists & turns maybe I shouldn't be surprised but I’m a bit stunned that CH asking Man-su to leave with her when she’s free from her awful husband.

OMG the preview… is that creepy director grabbing EP from behind?

Yeah she was jealous EP so she took Louis.

That guy is so creepy.

• Like 2

I try to like and understand Eun-pyo, but she really isn't a very mature person and her emotional intelligence is not very high.

She really has only one mode of operation, which is to immediately barge open doors, march up to people, and confront them, regardless of time or place. Her drama-queening ways can be satisfying when she's telling off the gossip-moms, or when she told off Dong-seok's tutors. But it's getting old, and that isn't always the best way to do things.

And her self-righteous, smug attitude is going to lose her this lecturing position after she's already been blackballed from that other university. Is it really worth it? For Jin-ha's dignity? Why? I mean, to be fair, those professors were being completely gross. But they are the people who are going to give or take her job away.

When she told Jin-ha off and slapped her, she knew very clearly that Jin-ha was a toxic friend. She can feel bad that Jin-ha died, but crying at her grave and believing that she misunderstood Jin-ha who genuinely loved her? That's delusional.

Has she forgotten how Jin-ha deliberately humiliated her at her art show? She doesn't have to hate Jin-ha for the rest of her life, but she shouldn't jeopardize her career over something that really isn't any of her business.

And why does she even care? It's not like anyone is grateful to her for defending Jin-ha's good name. I believe this is called "concern-trolling." In a way, it's almost like Jin-ha is gaslighting her from the grave.

Okay, didn't Yeong-bin *just* start violin lessons recently? Right when his sister began therapy? So now he's a musical genius? Wow. I'm happy for him. Not because he's a genius, but it's wonderful to see him not emotionally broken.

Hurray to Chun-hee for going to see a divorce lawyer.

Boo to Chun-hee for asking Man-su to run away with you. He is married! (from preview)

Haha, Geon-wu is such a LOSER. I don't know how I feel about Luis, but I loved how he made Geon-wu grovel at his feet.

Yeong-mi, you are so terrible. I can't even articulate how horrible you are as a person and as a mom.

(But I just noticed that her daughter Sae-bom is being played by the actress who played young Seon-ja in "Pachinko!" What a great little actress!)

Luis and Rhea: I guess she's not his sister!

--

From the preview: It looks like Eun-pyo finds a piece of paper in the dumpster which says, "My Jeanne Hébuterne" on it. That may be the piece of paper the maid found in Jin-ha's studio.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Lee Yo Won Faces Off With Jang Hye Jin Over Rumors About Kim Kyu Ri In “Green Mothers’ Club”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 18, 2022
by E. Cha

Lee Yo Won will get personally involved in the swirling rumors about Kim Kyu Ri in JTBC’s “Green Mothers’ Club”!

“Green Mothers’ Club” is a drama about the dangerous relationships between parents at a local elementary school—and the hidden dark side of a seemingly friendly community. Lee Yo Won, Chu Ja Hyun, Jang Hye Jin, Kim Kyu Ri, and Joo Min Kyung star as five very different mothers who belong to the same parents association at the school.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Green Mothers’ Club,” Lee Eun Pyo (Lee Yo Won) overheard students gossiping about the late Seo Jin Ha (Kim Kyu Ri) at the school where she is currently teaching. After hearing the rumors about the scandalous reasons for her suicide and the nude photo of her that is supposedly making the rounds amongst students, the shocked Lee Eun Pyo couldn’t help interrupting their conversation to ask about what they were discussing.

In the upcoming episode of the drama, Lee Eun Pyo will embark on a quest to figure out what happened and how the rumors regarding Seo Jin Ha came about. Newly released stills from the episode capture Lee Eun Pyo personally seeking out students to ask them about the photo and find out where it came from. In one photo, she looks angry as she interrogates a male student with her arms crossed; in another, she appears troubled as she looks at something on another student’s phone.

Lee-Yo-Won1.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Yo-Won-21.jpg

All of Lee Eun Pyo’s ferocious digging also leads her to end up in a fierce conflict with fellow mother Kim Young Mi (Jang Hye Jin). As a mysterious photo of Seo Jin Ha was discovered in her husband Oh Gun Woo (Im Soo Hyung)’s folder, it becomes impossible not to suspect Kim Young Mi and Oh Gun Woo’s involvement in the source of the rumors.

As the two mothers share a heated exchange in public, the intense look in Kim Young Mi’s eyes suggest that whatever they’re arguing about is deadly serious.

Lee-Yo-Won-Joo-Min-Kyung.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Yo-Won-3.jpg

Jang-Hye-Jin.jpg

The next episode of “Green Mothers’ Club” will air on May 18 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1526934wpp/lee-yo-won-faces-off-with-jang-hye-jin-over-rumors-about-kim-kyu-ri-in-green-mothers-club

• Like 2

JTBC’s “Green Mothers’ Club” achieved an average nationwide rating of 3.593 percent, also recording a dip in ratings from the previous week’s record of 4.406 percent. The drama remained the No. 1 Wednesday-Thursday drama of the night.

“Green Mothers’ Club” Remains No. 1 In Ratings Despite Dips Across The Board | Soompi

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chickfactor said:

She really has only one mode of operation, which is to immediately barge open doors, march up to people, and confront them, regardless of time or place. Her drama-queening ways can be satisfying when she's telling off the gossip-moms, or when she told off Dong-seok's tutors. But it's getting old, and that isn't always the best way to do things.

I agree. She has not developed at all except for her inferiority complex with JH. But she has not gotten smarter, wiser or more cunning. When the directors wife first told her to about jinha ‘stalking’ her husband, if EP were more clever she would have pointed out 1) If he was stalked, why did he never mention this in the investigation?(louis was actually smart and brought this point up later) 2) if he sent this pic to his friend after she sent it, then why didn’t this forwarding of her nudes happen when she was alive and the time she sent it vs now months later since her death and maybe even longer since she sent it if it wasn’t right before her death 

god anyone shocked Louis and his sister are already banging?! I thought maybe she would be oblivious to his feelings, or that their siblingationship would be platonic since I don’t know...they’re (adopted?) siblings?! I guess my confusion is if he got to have his sister, why did he marry and impregnate his sisters lookalike? Or did they start hooking up after he was with JH? The sister realized his feelings when she saw him marry her lookalike and then they started an affair? Did JH know she was a doppelgänger/twin? Why did she sus EP and Louis having an affair if she was aware of his obsession with his sister then?

• Like 1

While I complained yesterday that Eun-pyo butting into Jinha's nude photo issue was probably not smart, it sure did move the story along. Wow, I really enjoyed seeing the s*** hit the fan on this one. Trash people getting their just desserts.

I really feel terrible for Yeong-mi's kids. But at least their nightmare is out of their lives.

Yeong-mi apparently gave a USB drive to Eun-pyo - who is looking at it on her computer, but we don't see what's in it.

Just want to give major thumbs up to Chu Ja-hyeon, the actress playing Chun-hee. She is so good.

• Like 1

EP is such a busy body. Quite an annoying character to get involve & being over-sensitive regarding JH. She is creating unnecessary attention to pry & poke into other ppl's doings. Similar attitude towards her husband from the way she is controlling her children & the high expectations she is expecting from her gifted son. She can't even resolve her kids' problems, instead she goes round criticizing others.

Suspecting that it's more likely Rhea & Louis who are behind the killing of JH so that both of them can be together.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

“The Killer’s Shopping List” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “Green Mothers’ Club” Hits New All-Time High

Meanwhile, JTBC’s “Green Mothers’ Club” also earned its highest ratings to date last night, scoring a nationwide average of 4.6 percent for its latest episode.

“The Killer’s Shopping List” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “Green Mothers’ Club” Hits New All-Time High | Soompi

• Like 2

Good to see Yunsu taking care of her cousin and having some happy time with her family. 

Now that Young Mi’s husband is prosecuted we should know what really happened to JH’s case whether she killed herself coz of that fake nude photo which could be threatened by him to post online, or it was a homicide instead.

The last scene is touching.  Don't know how they gonna resolve to give CH a happy ending or not. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

If Eun-pyo somehow agreed to Yeong-mi's request to keep Geon-wu's photo secret, Yeong-mi would continue to protect her (and Geon-wu's) reputation at the expense of her kids' safety.

Things only escalated after Geon-wu attacked Eun-pyo. And Yeong-mi's final red line only came when he said she wasn't pretty enough for him from jail. So that's where her priorities lie.

I will enjoy seeing Yeong-mi go scorched earth and release all the evidence she has against him. But I think Yeong-mi should also lose her kids. They should go live with their father, because their mother looked the other way while they were being abused.

And I will always wonder why Eun-pyo doesn't consult her husband, a police detective and the best husband on this show, when she receives incriminating evidence about people around her. The biggest mystery of all!

• Like 1