Jump to content

[Drama 2022] Green Mothers Club, 그린마더스클럽


larus
 Share

Recommended Posts

'Green Mothers Club' Choo Ja-hyun reunites with Lee Yo-won after being released from prison... Kwang-Rok Choi, Embroidery

 

XRG5VUTQEAOYN24ZZISAPRDKX4.jpg

 

'Green Mothers Club' Choi Gwang-rok surrendered to Kim Gyu-ri's case, and Choo Ja-hyun, who was released from prison, reunited with Lee Yo-won with a smile.

In the final episode of JTBC's Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Green Mothers Club' (written by Shin Yi-won/directed by Rahana), which was broadcast at 10:30 pm on the 26th, the truth of the death of Seo Jin-ha (Kim Gyu-ri) was revealed.

more

https://biz.chosun.com/entertainment/tv/2022/05/26/FOQBTKUZWDXOCGPWZF3C6N3GGQ/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, that really wasn't about the struggles of child-rearing at all, although they did touch on the fact that excessive pressure is not great for the kids. Great, thanks for that message. I'm sure it will make zero impression on the moms who really need to hear that, because none of these families are even close to normal. So all the attendant problems end up affecting their kids' lives negatively. (Let's see, abusive pervert stepfather, drug-dealer and gambling addict, and Eun-pyo. Well, I guess both of Su-in's parents are semi-sane, and she happens to be the most well-adjusted child.)

 

Eun-pyo may be the dumbest and nosiest character I've seen recently. She comes off as a concern-trolling and attention-hungry hypocrite. She just enjoys being the star of the K-drama playing in her own head. I guess she's a good frame to get the action on this show moving, but as a person - not very relatable. She doesn't seem to care about her husband or either of her kids, not if they interfere with her various s**t-stirring adventures. Dong-seok only gets better by spending time away from her.

 

And if she's going to obstruct justice by helping a criminal flee the country, then at least do it properly. Calling Chun-hee while her detective husband is in the house? Ha ha, come on.

 

And when confronting someone about possible murder/manslaughter, maybe you should not be in his house alone with him, at the site of the possible killing. Common sense, girl.

 

Anyway, I'm glad Chun-hee did her time and she is out. She really is the best character and the actress did a great job. Obviously she made a lot of bad choices in life, but her complexity and struggles were interesting to watch. And she wasn't annoying and whiny.

 

I really don't understand how her terrible husband never went to jail, but I guess she didn't tell anyone where she got her drugs. She may have decided that one of the parents needed to be not in jail so that her kids would be taken care of. Also, no one believed her, anyway, which was sad.

 

I guess I should care about what happened to Luis-Jinha-Rhea, but I don't. I feel terrible for Henri, but that's all. And Kim Gyuri did great playing two different people.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Well, that really wasn't about the struggles of child-rearing at all, although they did touch on the fact that excessive pressure is not great for the kids. Great, thanks for that message. I'm sure it will make zero impression on the moms who really need to hear that, because none of these families are even close to normal. So all the attendant problems end up affecting their kids' lives negatively. (Let's see, abusive pervert stepfather, drug-dealer and gambling addict, and Eun-pyo. Well, I guess both of Su-in's parents are semi-sane, and she happens to be the most well-adjusted child.)

 

Eun-pyo may be the dumbest and nosiest character I've seen recently. She comes off as a concern-trolling and attention-hungry hypocrite. She just enjoys being the star of the K-drama playing in her own head. I guess she's a good frame to get the action on this show moving, but as a person - not very relatable. She doesn't seem to care about her husband or either of her kids, not if they interfere with her various s**t-stirring adventures. Dong-seok only gets better by spending time away from her.

 

And if she's going to obstruct justice by helping a criminal flee the country, then at least do it properly. Calling Chun-hee while her detective husband is in the house? Ha ha, come on.

 

And when confronting someone about possible murder/manslaughter, maybe you should not be in his house alone with him, at the site of the possible killing. Common sense, girl.

 

Anyway, I'm glad Chun-hee did her time and she is out. She really is the best character and the actress did a great job. Obviously she made a lot of bad choices in life, but her complexity and struggles were interesting to watch. And she wasn't annoying and whiny.

 

I really don't understand how her terrible husband never went to jail, but I guess she didn't tell anyone where she got her drugs. She may have decided that one of the parents needed to be not in jail so that her kids would be taken care of. Also, no one believed her, anyway, which was sad.

 

I guess I should care about what happened to Luis-Jinha-Rhea, but I don't. I feel terrible for Henri, but that's all. And Kim Gyuri did great playing two different people.

I agree. This show was just..I don’t know if it was trying to encompass a lot of genres or...that’s the thing, it has no solid thing about it to be like okay this isn’t the essence of the show...this is the point of the story. None of that. Example: the twist Louis is having an affair his step sister. And same issue with characters. EP, who’s supposed to be main lead where usually main leads are likable or at the very least relatable...but she’s neither of that and I love the actress so I really, really tried to enjoy her screen time but I couldn’t. Her goals are ever changing and so is her identity and intentions. One moment it’s about her inferiority complex, then her gifted child, and then her frenemy. You can’t tell me that you would do the same as CH, miss EP, when you contradicted yourself the moment you endangered your own kids helping her. Nothing is ever important to her that seems like it was two episodes ago. Her job as professor, her art, her kids, etc

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, chickfactor said:

 

Eun-pyo may be the dumbest and nosiest character I've seen recently. She comes off as a concern-trolling and attention-hungry hypocrite. She just enjoys being the star of the K-drama playing in her own head. I guess she's a good frame to get the action on this show moving, but as a person - not very relatable. She doesn't seem to care about her husband or either of her kids, not if they interfere with her various s**t-stirring adventures. Dong-seok only gets better by spending time away from her.

 

And if she's going to obstruct justice by helping a criminal flee the country, then at least do it properly. Calling Chun-hee while her detective husband is in the house? Ha ha, come on.

 

And when confronting someone about possible murder/manslaughter, maybe you should not be in his house alone with him, at the site of the possible killing. Common sense, girl.

 

Absolutely concur with your review about EP, which will never happen in real life. How could a woman protects & defend a friend, who was once badmouthing her, to go against her own husband & the law.

TBH, I find Lee Yo-Won's acting really boring with no life, not charismatic which doesn't leave a good impression esp. her facial expression unlike her previous dramas when she was young like Bad Love. 

Choo Ja-hyun is a better actress, she acts with lots of feelings. She acted in another similar motherly role in Beautiful World.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vaiduakhu is right about Louis.

 

Indeed, the drama is not so much about mothers & children, but rather between the relationship of moms, and how they treat one another impacting the consequences.

 

This couple Louis&JH has started for all the wrong reasons from the beginning.  One going for a replacement, while the other having not the best intention in mind.  Her demise is not totally his fault.  The result is tragic, leaving a child behind parentless.

 

It’s understandable the detective didn’t believe in CH (yet) regarding to her husband for manslaughter offense when she had in fact betrayed and deceived EP.

 

Glad to see Yoon-su sharing her foods and getting along well with her cousin.  Also, having a happy marriage now.

 

Nice to know Young Mi doing well.  Sweet of her for giving EP an extra jar of jam.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

“Green Mothers’ Club” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet As “Love All Play” Dips To All-Time Low

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 27, 2022
by E. Cha
 

JTBC’s “Green Mothers’ Club” went out with a bang!

On May 26, “Green Mothers’ Club” achieved its highest viewership ratings yet by far for its series finale. According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of the drama scored an average nationwide rating of 6.1 percent, setting a new personal record for the show.

Meanwhile, KBS 2TV’s “Love All Play” dipped to a nationwide average of 1.0 percent, marking the lowest ratings of its run to date.

Are you sad to see “Green Mothers’ Club” come to an end? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1528157wpp/green-mothers-club-ends-on-its-highest-ratings-yet-as-love-all-play-dips-to-new-all-time-low

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is the ratings for the last episode *Ep 16* :).

 

 

JTBC’s “Green Mothers’ Club” went out with a bang!

On May 26, “Green Mothers’ Club” achieved its highest viewership ratings yet by far for its series finale. According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of the drama scored an average nationwide rating of 6.1 percent, setting a new personal record for the show.

 

“Green Mothers’ Club” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet As “Love All Play” Dips To All-Time Low | Soompi

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My review, the drama gets 3 stars out of 10. The writers are seriously mediocre and brand new. You still smell the milk out of their breath. The only had one experience as of writer and it was some shoddy BL web saeguk drama I think for Viki since Viki is dedicated to being full of woke now which is the reason I canceled my subscription with them and never look back even when I was offered a free one. The story had potential but it struggled with discovering what it wanted to be. It was a disaster with a great cast. It was not the worst disaster, but it should cause directors and networks to think twice before hiring rookie writers before they prove their work to handle a drama like this.  There are veteran writers who still manage to have a job and get dramas and their writing is horrid. Those rookie writers need to perhaps write daily dramas for a while to get them some practice or they need to be break down writers for a daily drama, but definitely not head writers anytime soon or perhaps just sticking to web dramas there are no longer than 8 minutes per episode.

 

Eun Pyo: I think the problem with this character is more so the actress as well. I have seen her in another drama called White Knights and found it difficult to get through because how the actress plays her personality. No she's not a beauty, but it's no excuse. Every drama she's in she has this long - constricted, monotonous face that even when she's happy, her face looks schizoid(flat). And as an actress, she is going to have to work on that face especially since she's not attrative or appealing in anyway. Skilled and smart actresses know how to make their beauty, average, or other work for the character roles they're trying to seek. Your character should not be your personality, it should be the character's personality.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

Eun Pyo: I think the problem with this character is more so the actress as well. I have seen her in another drama called White Knights and found it difficult to get through because how the actress plays her personality. No she's not a beauty, but it's no excuse. Every drama she's in she has this long - constricted, monotonous face that even when she's happy, her face looks schizoid(flat). And as an actress, she is going to have to work on that face especially since she's not attrative or appealing in anyway. Skilled and smart actresses know how to make their beauty, average, or other work for the character roles they're trying to seek. Your character should not be your personality, it should be the character's personality.

Same sentiments here, she does have a boring, monotonous expression similar acting with White Knights. Can't be due to scripts, purely boils down to attitude. Actresses regardless of looks must be appealing & able to draw viewers. There are many unattractive actresses with good acting skills.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally I finished this drama. Even though this is not my genre but I don’t know why I keep continue watching until the end.

 

Perhaps because I interested in the messages of this drama.

 

1. That we should share kindness to people around us because of we would not know that they really need it.

 

2. To not be too negative to people around. Positive vibes is a must. 
 

3. To be married for love

 

4. To not give too much pressure to our children and just let them to be happy more.

 

5. Say no to drugs


6. That woman needs to work and be creative

 

and more.. 

 

This is a very good drama <3 I love Eun Pyo character. Want to type more but my 2 yo son acrobating on my body. I am going to make him cry so he would sleep. Hahahha

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/5/2022 at 6:45 AM, Gumiho said:

Finally I finished this drama. Even though this is not my genre but I don’t know why I keep continue watching until the end.

 

Perhaps because I interested in the messages of this drama.

 

1. That we should share kindness to people around us because of we would not know that they really need it.

 

2. To not be too negative to people around. Positive vibes is a must. 
 

3. To be married for love

 

4. To not give too much pressure to our children and just let them to be happy more.

 

5. Say no to drugs


6. That woman needs to work and be creative

 

and more.. 

 

This is a very good drama <3 I love Eun Pyo character. Want to type more but my 2 yo son acrobating on my body. I am going to make him cry so he would sleep. Hahahha

 

 

I love that you got such positive vibes from the drama!

 

I do think all those messages are a part of this drama, too, aside from all the mystery and intrigue. And I also think they are all true - good messages to keep in mind.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..