Director: Jo Young-Gwang

Writer: Jung Bo-Hoon

Network: SBS

Episodes: 16

Release Date: May 31, 2021 --

Runtime: 22:00 KST

Language: Korean

Plot Synopsis 

Ra Young-Ja (Oh Na-Ra) was a legendary badminton player. She now coaches a middle school badminton team. She has charisma as a coach. The badminton team consists of 16-year-old boys and girls, but they are not very good. The team grows as they take part in a junior athletic competition.

Cast

Lee Jae-In - Han Se-Yoon

Kim Sang-Kyung - Yoon Hyun-Jong

Oh Na-Ra - Ra Young-Ja

Tang Joon-Sang - Yoon Hae-Kang

Son Sang-Yeon - Bang Yoon-Dam

Choi Hyun-Wook - Na Woo-Chan

Kim Kang-Hoon - Lee Yong-Tae

Lee Ji-Won - Lee Han-Sol

Source: Asianwiki | MyDramaList  | Dramawiki

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.

02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.

03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.

04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods.

05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Thanks for this thread. Lost my post from the original thread. But glad there's one again.

My fav child/ tween actors cast in this drama

I mentioned before this drama is coming from the one who directed Defendant and Queen of Ambition and the writer is from Prison Playbook.

Lee Jai In (currently in Undercover drama) and my fav Lee Ji Won. My fav from From Sky Castle also was in to Romance is Bonus and Uncanny Encounter. 

And..... child actor who will be future Daesang winner, Kim Kang Hoon. If you don't know who is this future of kdrama. He's the child in the Mouse (the one in the poster) He always plays young version of male leads and is always on good dramas like  Mr. Sunshine, Children of Nobody, HDL, WCB, Mr Queen, Kingdon. etc.

Looking forward to this drama.

ctto twt

• Like 3

• Lmangla changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Racket Boys, 라켓소년단, Mon & Tues @22:00 KST - Premiers May 17

https://zapzee.net/2021/04/30/first-teaser-for-upcoming-series-racket-boys-revealed-already-exciting-viewers/
First Teaser for Upcoming Series ‘Racket Boys’ Revealed, Already Exciting Viewers

by willow

The first teaser video for Racket Boys has been revealed, showing the racket boys’ members.

SBS’s new Monday-Tuesday series is about the coming-of-age of sixteen boys who dream of playing badminton. With a farming village as its background, the series tells a warm and touching story. Moreover, the show is written by scriptwriter Jung Bo Hoon from Prison Playbook and directed by producer Jo Young Kwang from innocent Defendant and Heart Surgeons.

The teaser is a 40-second long clip that captures the energetic members, including Tang Joon Sang, Sun Sang Yeon, Choi Hyun Wook, Kim Kang Hoon, and Lee Jae In. As the head of the village (Woo Hyun) and the school principal (Kim Ki Cheon) narrates the teaser, they introduce the Racket Boys. “The dark one with big eyes and the youngest” is Lee Young Tae (Kim Kang Hoon), while “The one who is always on his phone” is Bang Yoon Dam (Son Sang Yeon). Furthermore, the friendship between the unique characters is eye-catching. While the boys seem confident, a voice says, “I heard that the school is disbanding the Badminton team.” Could the Racket Boys overcome their crisis?

5A54547C-ED2D-4316-8DED-FE220FC07237.jpg
Credit: SBS

Despite being only 40-second long, the teaser is attracting a lot of attention as it hints at the start of what seems to be a hit show. Viewers of the clip left enthusiastic responses such as, “I’m already falling for the members,” “It’s cheerful, it’s refreshing, it’s cute! I’ve been waiting for this kind of show!,” and “Already feels like I’m on vacation! It’s Racket Boys for me this year.”

With the enthusiastic comments, Racket Boys will air in the first half of the year.

Source (1, 2)

• Like 4

ExUho_wWEAMOVgQ?format=jpg&name=small

Their real ages (but in this drama they played middle school students of almost same ages ) 

From Top Left:

Tang JoonSang 17

Choi HyunWook 19

Son SangYeon  19

From Below Left :

Kim KangHoon 11

Lee JaeIn 17

Lee JiWon 14

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

ac2911a1005c4510b0ced307ff7c16fd.jpeg?s=

SBS’s New Sports Drama “Racket Boys” Previews The Passion, Friendship, And Rivalries Of Its Young Cast

May 7, 2021

by C. Hong

SBS’s upcoming sports drama has released new stills and a poster of the young cast!

“Racket Boys” is about a group of youths from a rural town who dream of playing badminton. Directed by Jo Young Kwang (“Defendant,” “Heart Surgeons”) and written by Jung Bo Hoon (“Prison Playbook”), it stars Kim Sang Kyung, Oh Na Ra, Tang Joon Sang, Son Sang Yeon, Choi Hyun Wook, Kim Kang Hoon, Lee Jae In, and Lee Ji Won.

In the first set of stills, Tang Joon Sang, Son Sang Yeon, Choi Hyun Wook, and Kim Kang Hoon star as the four members of the ragtag badminton team.

tang-joon-sang-son-sang-yeon-choi-hyun-w

Tang Joon Sang plays Yoon Hae Kang, a fiercely competitive student who used to play baseball in Seoul before forced to transfer schools to the countryside against his will. The actor said, “It’s fun to be able to bring this character to life onscreen after only showing his voice through the script reading. It feels like I’ve been released somehow? I’m excited for all the scenes ahead, including the badminton scenes.”

tang-joon-sang-racket-boys.jpeg

Son Sang Yeon plays Bang Yoon Dam, the captain of the badminton team, who has strong leadership skills and overflowing energy. He has a bit of an attention complex and dreams of getting 100,000 Instagram followers and is always looking at his phone. The actor said, “I was nervous and excited for the first filming. Since we have such a great cast and crew, our chemistry was good from the start. We’ll do our best to bring laughs, warmth, and sincerity to people during these difficult COVID-19 times.”

Spoiler

son-sang-yeon-racket-boys.jpeg

Choi Hyun Wook plays Na Woo Chan, who is acknowledged as the “hip hop boy” and “fashionista” of the school. However, his sweetness and warmth make him the mediator between the contrasting personalities on the badminton team. The actor said, “I’m both excited and nervous to be working on such a great project. This drama will be fun for all to watch regardless of age, from children to grandparents.”

Spoiler

choi-hyun-wook-racket-boys.jpeg

Kim Kang Hoon plays Lee Yong Tae, the moodmaker of the team, who knows everything there is to know about badminton and talks too much. He is a huge fan of the badminton player Lee Yong Dae and tries to copy him in everything he does. The actor said, “I was half-excited, half-afraid to star in a sports drama about badminton. I’m working hard at practicing my badminton, so please watch over me kindly.”

Spoiler

kim-kang-hoon-racket-boys.jpeg

In the next set of stills, Lee Jae In and Lee Jae Won appear as the star members of the badminton team of an all-girls middle school that is ranked No. 1 in the nation for badminton. Lee Jae In stars as Han Se Yoon, the ace of the youth national representative team who dreams of becoming the youngest-ever national representative for South Korea. She works hard to hone her badminton skills and achieves near-perfect games with her intense focus and competitive streak.

Lee Ji Won stars as Lee Han Sol, who is described as a normal teenage girl who falls in love at the drop of a hat, likes to have fun with her friends, and has a lot of interest in makeovers and celebrities. However, when she is playing badminton, she shows a charismatic side as a tough senior who doesn’t let her teammates and juniors take things easy.

Spoiler

lee-jae-in-lee-ji-won-racket-boys.jpeg

lee-ji-won-lee-jae-in-racket-boys.jpeg

lee-jae-in-racket-boys.jpeg

lee-ji-won-racket-boys.jpeg

The two characters are described as both partners and rivals who train together as well as compete against each other. Lee Jae In said, “I’m happy to be able to participate in a project with such a great story, as well as play such a cool character as Se Yoon. There are so many great actors in the drama that I’m excited to work with them and learn from them. I’m also grateful to be able to take on a new challenge like a ‘sports drama.’ I want to make the badminton competition scenes as realistic as possible, so I’m working hard to practice.”

Lee Ji Won said, “I’m excited and happy to play Lee Han Sol, who is a middle school student close to me in age. I like sports in general, but this was a chance for me to learn badminton properly, and I feel like I’m becoming healthier physically and mentally while filming.”

The drama also shared its first poster with the six young characters heading off to their bright future behind their village bus. The caption reads, “Welcome. This is your first time in a village at the end of the world, right?” (The Korean title of the drama is a play on Bangtan Sonyeondan, and the poster caption is also a rephrased version of BTS’s opening line in their hit song “Dope.”)

“Racket Boys” premieres on May 31.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1467788wpp/sbss-new-sports-drama-racket-boys-previews-the-passion-friendship-and-rivalries-of-its-young-cast

• Like 5

On 4/28/2021 at 3:48 AM, jongski said:

child actor who will be future Daesang winner, Kim Kang Hoon

I totally agree with this! He's so good in When the Camellia Bloom. I think he is too young compared to other cast in this show, though. 

About the show itself, the premise looks interesting and refreshing. Can't wait to watch it.

• Like 3