[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

1 hour ago, YuSanSeul said:

Haha so after all that, he was at her place to (fix the shower?) and managed to enter because Mi Seon let him in, and I suppose had engaged his help too :hahah!:. I can see why Dad was less impressed, not the best first run-in huh? (Then again, DS did help Dad and his wife when they arrived in Gongjin. Hmm)

Still, it doesn't warrant DS to declare himself as her bf? Even if he does honestly tell Hj's Dad that he has been in and out several times. After all, she did address him as Chief Hong. Now to watch what follows on from there tonight!

I think DS meant to say male friend but YJ's dad misinterpreted it as his daughter boyfriend.

Anyhow can't wait for tonight episode :eats:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

10 hours ago, Tamara Oliveira said:

IMO, DS was't hesitant about his own feelings for HJ. Nor in the movie, or in the drama. The point of the movie -and in the drama this seems even more obvious- is that he is afraid of losing people.

In the drama he couldn't even take Bora's hedgehog home with him because he feared growing too fond of it and having to let go at some point "I don't take anything that's alive home" He's going to the psyquiatic and even having terrible nightmares of being left behind. Let's remember HJ always said she wanted to go back to Seul at some point, and for DS It's almost imposible to leave the village. In the movie he also mentioned he has his grandpa boat on the top of the Hill just in case it could sail away in the sea. He's just too afraid of loving and having to let go.

yes actually I forgot that DS said to the movie that he's afraid to lose someone he loves. the grandpa wasn't his grandpa in the movie. he only adopted him. that's why his hesitant on her feelings with HJ.

can't wait for tonight's episode! today is they day and tomorrow! :fullofhearts: 

• Like 6

Oh no! With his high EQ, Chief Hong shouldn't have been so tactless towards HJ’s dad. Even if he didn’t know it is her dad, Korean manners would require him to be polite to elderly, none of the hugging and handshake etc. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Doesn't it seem like DS already meet HJ's father and step-mother somewhere before meeting them in HJ's house? I mean they might bump into each other in Gongjin while HJ's father searching for her place or something like that? If not how can DS greet him like that :sweatingbullets:

Wish I could understand Korean :D

• Like 9
  • Blob 2

58 minutes ago, EInfinity said:

Doesn't it seem like DS already meet HJ's father and step-mother somewhere before meeting them in HJ's house? I mean they might bump into each other in Gongjin while HJ's father searching for her place or something like that? If not how can DS greet him like that :sweatingbullets:

Wish I could understand Korean :D

You are right! The Chinese sub version indicated that DS met the parents at the petrol kiosk and helped them with their refueling. So the dad definitely recognized him, and he asked if DS goes to HJ’s house often. But dunno what transpired such that the dad is so antagonistic towards him. I feel that DS was rude on purpose. He is so well mannered towards the old ladies that he shouldn’t make this type of social faux pas without reason.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, bearcreek said:

Saturday mean HomCha Day!!

OST 4 WISH just out on spotify

:getmygrooveon:

the song is so sad! but I love it! can't wait for the next episode. only few hours left! :fullofhearts:

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote videos & tweets! Thanks!
  • Like 3

Omomo, everyone!  Hye Jin is going to confess to Du Sik in the next episode based on the episode 10 preview

And then Seong Hyun confesses to Hye Jin! I feel really bad for him because he wanted to ask Hye Jin on a date in the past but she already had a boyfriend. I hope that before Hye Jin confesses to Du Sik, Seong Hyun can at least confess to Hye Jin and hear a proper response from her!

But omg we gotta talk about the epilogue. I had a feeling that it had to do something with losing the person that Du Sik loves, but what they revealed is even sadder :crybaby: Du Sik thinks that he brings death to all the people that he loves and they all leave him…First his parents, then his grandpa and finally someone else they haven’t revealed. I’m thinking it’s a really good friend or something because based on the slight glimpse we saw of the person’s funeral photo that Du Sik, it seems like it’s a male? (I could be wrong but this is what I think) It makes sense that Du Sik only “thinks of Hye Jin as a friend” and I put that in quotes because he obviously has feelings for her but he is denying his feelings for her and doesn’t want to accept it/start loving someone else again because of his trauma. I’m glad we got to know this in today’s episode and I’m curious how Du Sik will respond to Hye Jin’s confession.

Episode 10 was mainly focused on Hye Jin’s father and stepmother coming down and visiting Hye Jin. Okay so what I was thinking was right and Du Sik was just pretending to be Hye Jin’s boyfriend because of the circumstance he was in. The town people were soooo awkward about the whole situation and didn’t do a good job talking to Hye Jin’s father, lol! :lol: Hwa Jeong was the only normal and natural one… But Hye Jin’s father doesn’t seem to like Du Sik in the beginning and even said he’s an orphan and has flaws, but he quickly realizes his mistake and apologizes to Du Sik. After Hye Jin’s father explained why he acted like that, I don’t hate or dislike him for it at all and I’m glad that he quickly apologize and admits his mistake & rashness. When Du Sik says that he hopes Hye Jin meets a good person that she deserves and Hye Jin’s father said that person can be Du Sik, I was literally thinking the same thing!! Also I laughed when he called Du Sik out for speaking banmal (informally) but still smiled when driving off :D The father totally came to like Du Sik in the end.

The last thing I want to mention is about the second love triangle we got going on in the village, although, Choi Hui basically rejected Young Guk.. I already knew that there was a bigger or deeper reason why Hwa Jeong wanted to do a divorce with Young Guk. It can’t be simply because he had his socks the wrong way or something like that and frankly, even Young Guk himself doesn’t seem to realize what the reason is. Maybe it has to do with the way Young Guk was at home and didn’t take care of their child..

Anyways I need Episode 10 ASAP because I want to see these confessions happen and then I’ll die of waiting for the next episode… I’ll be honest though, I don’t think Du Sik will accept Hye Jin’s confession right away because of his trauma. I think Du Sik won’t accept it but later realize he shouldn’t let his trauma consume him and he’ll be the one to confess to Hye Jin. I mean I could be wrong but with the way Du Sik has been acting, I won’t be surprised if he doesn’t accept Hye Jin the first time around.

Also guys, we’re at episode 9 and we’ve only one kiss scene, a drunk kiss scene in fact. I want to see a passionate kiss scene between Du Sik and Hye Jin!!!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Why do i feel like riding a roller coaster while watching ep 9?

Edited: I now understand why I felt that after reading @ferilypost. :sweatingbullets:

And I also think that DS might not accept HJ confession, but base on the teaser Gamri will provide him a pep talk that can probably change his mind. 

Spoiler

and is it just me or did we already know who the village maniac on this episode :unsure:

• Like 11

The storyline is a bit tad too slow for me and we keep looking forward what is the mystery behind Du-Shik sadness.  This drama do have many layers like an onion and each characters do have their backstory. In each episode we keep getting new story from different characters right? For today's episode it is about Hye Jin parent. 

At the end of today's episode, isn't the boat is back in the water? Or it's different one?

I read fan's twitter post about this drama is actually darker (not that bad one) than we expected. Everyone keep guessing what is the mystery but again we are reaching 10 episodes by tomorrow. Not sure after the mystery reveals, the next one will be only focusing on love triangle or probably another slice of life from other characters?

• Like 5

it was a good episode, can't wait for episode 10, i want to know the past of ou ML

19 minutes ago, ned_lee said:

And I also think that DS might not accept HJ confession, but base on the teaser Gamri will provide him a pep talk that can probably change his mind. 

ML will probably reject her and feel remorse after and she will want to go at seoul

For the second male lead i see the woman who work with him to be his future love interest after be rejected by FL, he will fall in love with the girl who work with him

• Like 6

I should also mention that when Hye Jin asks Du Sik why he lives like this, this is only a time of rest to plan the future and won’t live like this forever, he says that he is content with his life right now. I think Du Sik decided to come back to his hometown because he thinks he’s to blame for the death of all his love ones and wants to avoid making any more close or deep relationship that leads into a loving relationship. Basically it’s due to his trauma and belief that he wants to avoid loving anyone else. Someone mentioned here on the forums that all of Du Sik’s relationship with the village is pretty close but nothing goes beyond that and he really has this fine line of closeness as a friend but nothing to a loving relationship.

Also @ned_lee I felt the same way with the episode being a roller coaster, specifically with Du Sik, because he clearly likes Hye Jin but his words say otherwise.. so I’m just like Du Sik!!! Why do you say that.. luckily Hye Jin’s father said what I was thinking. At the same time though, I understand why Du Sik is acting like this.

• Like 12

episode 9 is all about HJ's family with our DS! DS still sweet to HJ even though they're just pretending. :fullofhearts:

I think the one who died on the last part was a man. and this shows now why DS will, I think, reject HJ's feeling. because he was afraid to lose someone he loves. he blames himself for the death of his loved ones. :bawling::bawling::bawling:

• Like 8

I have a feeling that the man that died was his brother. Why else would he keep a photo of his best friend and his wife? I'm glad the reason why he keeps a distance between himself and Hye Jin is not because of some abnormal reason like he killed someone or anything but a normal (yet psychological) and sad reason: he believes everyone around him will die. He's afraid that he might kill the person he loves: Hye Jin.

I laughed out so loud when Dad Hulk smashed Du Shik at the end of the visit. Throughout the entire visit I felt as if Du Shik had an unfair advantage over Dad, because he was good at everything and Dad sulked (albeit adorably) all the time. Just like Du Shik and Mom pointed out father and daughter are so alike its scary. But I enjoyed their visit more than I expected to, and when Du Shik confessed the pretense I expected him to come clean with Hye Jin and Mom too, but both of them said nothing AND the best thing is Dad actually wanted Du Shik to pursue Hye Jin as more than a friend. I'm so glad that the visit ended on such a high note. I didn't expect to even like stepmom but I absolutely loved her. 

When Eun Cheol rejected Mi Seon I felt as if my heart broke into tiny little pieces. I have experienced the same before, so many times (yes, I was that type of girl who would confess to my crush head on and scare them senseless) and yet when Eun Cheol basically said no I felt it. I didn't like the fact that the writer made a joke about it later when Hye Jin comes home and stares at Mi Seon who has mascara smeared all over her face, because I felt the rejection deep in my soul, and they made it a light situation. But when Eun Cheol followed her all the way to Seoul I realized that Mi Seon is infact not me or living my lifestyle, cause my crushes were never that interested in me like that. Seems like Mi Seon will win her crush after all.

Kim Seon Ho oppa is so gorgeous right? I keep staring at him so much even when other people are in the scene. I cant='e believe how someone like that exists in this world. Even if we are thousand meters away, oppa, I will sarang you.

• Like 9
  • Love 4
  • Blob 1

We were wrong for the reason why dad rejected DS (at first). haha 

It'd be too predictable if HJ confesses and then DS rejects her like that. so I hope it's something unexpected from the writer. 

Agree that the story is going in slow pace and kinda dragging. I think HJ has no involvement at all to DS's past. 

It's 7 episodes left but there are only 3 things unknown.

1) what happened during the 5 years? 

2) who won the lottery?

3) what is the story of the 2nd love triangle?

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2