[Drama 2022] Pachinko, 파친코 - Lee Min Ho, Youn Yuh Jung, Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai, Kaho Minami - Streaming on Apple TV+ | Season 1 & 2

syntyche

Lee Min Ho: "On days without filming, I'm mostly at home ... Self-quarantine."

Lee Min Ho took the time to answer questions left by fans in the comments.

On the 3rd of Esquire Korea's official YouTube channel, “What is Lee Min Ho looking for every day? A new video has been uploaded titled "What do you want to ask the fans?"

On that day, when Lee Min Ho was asked, "What Olympic sport are you confident or want to learn?" first place in the high jump. There are many fencing alleys these days and they are cool. So if I learn this, I want to learn swordsmanship one day. "

14627014_686548_3756.jpg

Capturing video from the official Esquire YouTube channel

Then, when asked about what was most important about Go Han Soo's character in Pachinko, Lee Min Ho said, “First of all, I wanted to express a little sincerity, so I focused on the despair of having to survive that era still Little ". I survived this despair and met the woman I loved with all my heart in such dark times, but I was greedy to express such love in a way that could reflect the masculine image of the time, ”he said.

He also referred to Kim Tan from the SBS drama "Descendants" as "the character I want to live among the roles I've played so far." He said, "I want to go back to high school and have fun for three years without worrying about the entrance exams."

In addition, to the question: “What do you usually do on those days when you don’t shoot?”, “It seems to me that I tend to self-isolate a little. When I'm at home, the time goes well. Rather, when I'm outside, it feels like a long day. It's so short, ”he said.

Finally, when asked, "Who do you talk to a lot lately?" Lee Min Ho replied, "I'm mostly at home, so talking to myself?" He replied, “It looks like it's mostly just a joke. stories, not deep conversations. We talk about the people we meet or what we do. We're mostly talking about these shared stories. "

Meanwhile, Lee Min Ho recently finished filming the drama "Pachinko"...

Kim Chaeyeon reporter@topstarnews.co.kr

Translation from korean google

http://www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=14627014

[Pop-up ] Lee Min Ho "I spend more time at home than outside."

Posted by: Jung Hye Young

202109031559488886230_20210903171309_01_

[Herald POP = Reporter Jung Hye Young] Lee Min Ho was ranked # 1 on the list of housewives.

On the 3rd of Esquire Korea's official YouTube channel, “What is Lee Min Ho looking for every day? A video titled "What do you want to ask the fans?"

In the video, Lee Min Ho was asked if there was any Olympic sport that he was confident or would like to learn, and he said, “In fact, when I was in high school, I took first place in the high jump in our school. I was once at a competition in Seoul, so I am confident in the high jump, and these days there are many fencing alleys here, which is cool. If I learn this, I want to learn swordsmanship. "

Lee Min Ho, who appeared on Apple TV's Pachinko program, said, “I wanted to express my sincerity well by playing the character of Ko Han Soo. I had a desire to express well the method of love that reflects the male image of a person. times, - he explained.

Lee Min Ho, who self-isolates on non-filming days, said, “I've been in quarantine for quite some time, so my time (at home) is going well. When I am outside, the day is long and at home, the day is short, so I spend a lot of time at home. "

He continued, “Since I spend a lot of time at home, I talk to myself a lot. I speak much more in a playful way than in deep conversations. We seem to be talking about general topics such as personal work, the people we meet while filming YouTube videos, and each other's work and work, ”he added.

On that day, Lee Min Ho said, “It's been a long time since I took the photo. It seems to have a different texture than the tone I used before, so it was a very enjoyable project for me personally. "

On that day, Lee Min Ho said, “It's been a long time since I took the photo. It seems to have a different texture than the tone I used before, so it was a very enjoyable project for me personally. "

Finally, he concluded the interview by saying, “After filming Pachinko, I am working on post-production. This is a job that will open next year, but I hope it will be a job that can pay back the fans. "

Hyeyeon Jung popnews@heraldcorp.com

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003473215

• Like 5

As a villain, Lee Min Ho talks about characters and love lines in the latest Korean drama "Pachinko"

Asri Auliya Rachmavati
- September 3, 2021

1546502576.jpg

Actor Lee Min Ho Reveals Character And Romance In Patchinko's Latest Korean Drama // Twitter

INFOSEMARANGRAYA.COM, - Handsome actor Lee Min Ho recently spoke about the characters and storyline in the newest Korean drama, Pachinko, which is slated to air.

Not only will he also reveal reasons for wanting to play the villainous character in the Pachinko drama.

In an interview with the South Korean magazine Esquire, Lee Min Hoo answered all the questions about his life. This 1987-born actor also gave an explanation of the plot line in the Korean drama Pachinko in order to answer the curiosity of his fans.

Yes, in the Pachinko drama, Lee Min Ho will play the character of Ko Hansu. Yes, this figure is a wealthy and powerful trader with ties to organized crime. He is a mysterious character hiding secrets and haunting a forbidden romance.

Not only that, Lee Min Ho also leaked the most important information when he played the character Ko Hansu.

“I wanted to be honest with him. I tried to focus on the despair they were in. How they survived at the time. I wanted to show a man who desperately wanted to survive and survived. And I met the woman I fell in love with, ”said Lee Min Ho.

Responding to the curiosity of his fans (Minoz), Lee Min Ho also talked about romance in the plot of the character of Ko Hansu in the Korean drama Pachinko. The figure of Ko Hansu fell in love with her partner so much.

“I really wanted to show how one person can love another. Reflecting the male image of that era, ”added Lee Min Ho.

Previously, Lee Min Ho portrayed his character as a villain in Pachinko.

“When I was offered to audition for Pachinko and I reviewed the script, I was sure that with this project I could try it. What I wanted to try. I think it was thanks to this belief that the audition was successful, ”said Lee Min Ho.

Lee Min Ho also named another reason why he wanted to star in "Pachinko." The guy said he was interested because the Korean story would be filmed through the eyes of foreigners.

Note that Pachinko is a drama based on the popular novel of the same name, which follows four generations of Korean immigrant families. In this drama, their story is set in Korea, Japan, and the United States.

Meanwhile, Pachinko is a global project featuring Korean, Japanese and English and more than eight episodes aired. According to Lee Min Ho's leak, this drama will air sometime in 2022.

Translation from Indonesian google

https://infosemarangraya.pikiran-rakyat.com/hiburan/pr-1602522335/perankan-penjahat-lee-min-ho-beri-bocoran-karakter-dan-alur-percintaan-drama-korea-terbaru-pachinko?page=1

• Like 5

Being A Villain, Lee Min Ho Talks About His Character In 'Pachinko'

Lee Min Ho recently had an interview with Esquire Korea magazine. The 1987-born actor answered various questions about his life. Lee Min Ho also talked about his latest drama " Pachinko ".

Lee Min Ho plays the character Koh Hansu as a rich and powerful merchant who has ties to organized crime. He is a mysterious character who hides secrets and pursues forbidden romance.

In his interview, Lee Min Ho was asked to reveal the most important thing when he played the character Koh Hansu. "I wanted to be honest with the characters, so I focused on how desperate they were. To survive that period. So I wanted to express a man who really desperately wants to survive and meet the woman he loves," said Lee Min Ho. .

Interestingly, Lee Min Ho also leaked a little about the romance of his character "Pachinko". "I really want to describe well how they fall in love with each other. Describe the image of men in that era," added Lee Min Ho.

Previously, Lee Min Ho had portrayed his character as a villain in "Pachinko". "When I got an offer to audition for 'Pachinko' and review the script, I was sure that with this project, I could try it. That I wanted to try it. I think thanks to this belief, the audition went well," said Lee Min Ho.

Lee Min Ho also revealed another reason for wanting to star in "Pachinko". He said he was interested because Korean history would be filmed through the eyes of foreigners.

"Pachinko" is a drama adapted from the popular novel of the same name that follows four generations of Korean immigrant families. This drama tells their story that unfolds across Korea, Japan, and the United States.

Meanwhile, "Pachinko" is a global project that will be featured in Korean, Japanese, and English, and will be broadcasted over eight episodes. According to Lee Min Ho's interview, this drama will air around 2022.

https://www.wowkeren.com/berita/tampil/00383253.html

• Like 6

Lee Min Ho Reveals His Role in Pachinko is the Most Beautiful Gift for Fans

spacer.png

Actor Lee Min Ho shared his views on his role in his latest drama, Pachinko .

This was conveyed in an interview session from Esquire Korea magazine recently.

When asked about his role in the Korean drama Pachinko, Lee Min Ho, who plays Hansu, revealed that he tried his best to focus on the role of Hansu, who was told full of despair but had to survive.

"I focus a lot on how desperate they are to survive," said Lee Min Ho .

At the end of the interview, Lee Min Ho revealed that he had finished filming the drama Pachinko. For that, he hopes that all his fans look forward to the new drama he is starring in.

Lee Min Ho is aware of his fans who have been waiting for him to return to star in a new drama.

When he finishes filming the new drama, of course he hopes that through Pachinko , this new drama will be a wonderful gift especially for his fans.

"I know that my fans are waiting for my next project," said Lee Min Ho .

"I hope this drama will go well and be a good gift for my fans," he said.

https://karawangpost.pikiran-rakyat.com/karawangin/pr-1422535620/lee-min-ho-ungkap-perannya-di-pachinko-jadi-kado-terindah-untuk-fans?page=3

Lee Min-ho on portraying Hansu in ‘Pachinko’: “I wanted to stay true to the character”

spacer.png

The South Korean actor has opened up about his role in the upcoming Apple TV+ adaptation of Min Jin Lee’s critically-acclaimed novel

Lee Min-ho has shared his thoughts on bringing the character Hansu to life in Apple TV+’s upcoming adaptation of Min Jin Lee’s novel, Pachinko.

Pachinko follows the trials and tribulations of Korean immigrants in turn-of-the-century Japan, which unfolds over four generations. It stars Minari actress Youn Yuh-jung as the main protagonist Sunja, whose life intertwines with a man named Hansu.

In a recent interview with Esquire Korea, Lee opened up about playing the character Hansu and how he wanted to reflect “the male image from that era”. “I wanted to be true to the character,” he said. “So I tried to focus on how desperate they were to survive in that period [of time].”

The actor added: “I wanted to express the man who has desperately survived and met the woman he loved. And I really wanted to portray well how one can love one another.”

The Apple TV+ adaptation of Pachinko reportedly involves dialogue in English, Japanese and Korean, and features a star-studded cast of South Korean and Japanese actors, including Jung Eun-chae, Jung Woong-in, Soji Arai and Kaho Minami. A release date for the series has yet to be announced.

https://www.nme.com/en_asia/news/tv/lee-min-ho-portraying-hansu-in-apple-tv-adaptation-pachinko-min-jin-lee-3037870

• Like 6

‘Pachinko’ TV adaptation: release date, plot details, cast and everything we know so far

Min Jin Lee’s critically acclaimed novel comes to life with a star-studded cast

By
Daniel Peters
6th September 2021

leeminho-younyuhjung-jungeunchae-pachink

Lee Min-ho, Youn Yuh-jung, Jung Eun-chae cast in Min Jin Lee's Pachinko tv series

Pachinko, the beloved epic historical novel by Min Jin Lee, is getting a television adaptation. Thanks to Apple TV+, we can soon expect a show of similarly lofty ambitions. A stacked list of actors and directors, including Korean icon Lee Min-ho, has already been confirmed.

Lee’s novel follows the trials and tribulations of Korean immigrants in turn-of-the-century Japan, which unfolds over four generations. The 2017 book was praised for its depiction of institutional racism, prejudice and gripping intimacy under a distinct Asian lens.

The list of talent involved ensures this upcoming series will be one to watch. Here’s what we know so far.

What is the plot of Pachinko?

Pachinko details the journey of a Korean family who move to Japan in a period of the country’s occupation of a then-unified Korea and their involvement in World War II. The story begins in 1883, but the bulk of the novel’s story takes place between 1910 to 1989.

The main appeal of Pachinko is Lee’s effortless weaving of individual characters within this timeline. Its main protagonist is Sunja, whose journey to Japan in the midst of poverty reveals a deep-rooted undercurrent of intolerance towards Koreans in the country. Her story entwines with the life of Hansu, a mysterious Korean merchant born into a rich Japanese family, along with a host of characters that are both Korean and Japanese.

What ensues is a multi-generational tale that The Guardian pronounced a “rich tribute to a people that history seems intent on erasing”.

Pachinko Apple TV plus series Min Jin Lee actor Lee Min Ho
Min Jin Lee. Credit: DPA Picture Alliance/Alamy Stock Photo

How long is Pachinko?

While the novel stands at a hefty 490 pages, per Deadline the show is currently booked as a limited eight-episode special. It’s not yet confirmed if showrunner Soo Hugh (The Terror) will diligently follow the events of the book or add any new plot elements.

min-jin-lee-2018-credit-dpa-picture-alli

Who will act in Pachinko?

With the show involving dialogue in English, Japanese and Korean, and with set locations across several continents, according to Deadline, the talent on board spans from established Asian stars to Hollywood upstarts.

The main cast of the show was revealed last October, led by beloved South Korean actor Lee Min-ho. The star of The King: Eternal Monarch will play Hansu.

For the role, Lee auditioned for the showrunners – which, the actor told GQ Korea, as reported by Soompi, he hadn’t had to do in a decade due to his surging popularity since 2009’s Boys Over Flowers. “I felt very pressured about having to do well. I was really nervous and excited, and I was really happy when I got the part,” he said. Lee’s The King co-star Jung Eun-chae joins him on this project, playing the supporting role of Kyunghee.

https://www.nme.com/wp-content/uploads/
Lee Min-ho. Credit: Alamy

The novel centres on the main protagonist Sunja, who will be played by Minari star Youn Yuh-jung, her agency Hook Entertainment confirmed. In a February interview with Los Angeles Times, the veteran actress said that she enjoys taking on new projects and challenging herself. “I read the novel and I was really touched: ‘It’s me, and I can play this role really well.'”

Meanwhile, teenage Sunja will be played by Kim Min-ha. Known for his roles in Netflix’s Devs and the Chicago production of Hamilton, the Korean-American actor will play Solomon, an ambitious young man tied up by his family’s past.

Japanese actors Soji Arai and Kaho Minami will portray Mozasu and Etsuko, respectively. The former is a successful businessman and father of Solomon, while the latter is an independent woman in search of her estranged daughter. Japanese-New Zealand actress Anna Sawai, who has an upcoming role in the ninth Fast & Furious film, will play Naomi, a tenacious careerist making her way in the male-dominated world of finance.

Actor Jung Woong-in is also expected to join the cast, JoongAng Daily reported in January.

Directors Kogonada and Justin Chon are set to direct four episodes each, with Kogonada – praised for his artful film essays and 2017 debut Columbus – locked in for the show’s pilot episode. Both directors will also serve as executive producers alongside Min Jin Lee herself.

Has Pachinko started filming?

Yes, Panchiko has already begun filming. At the end of March, several fans spotted actress Kim Min-ha in costume on set. She appeared to be filming at the same location where Lee Min-ho was seen earlier.

On March 17, fans shared photos and videos of Lee Min-ho on set. The actor was spotted shooting a scene at the Britannia Shipyards National Historic Site in Canada. Check them out here:

Speaking to LA Times in February, Youn Yuh-jung confirmed that she had arrived in Vancouver, Canada to begin filming for Pachinko.

What has the cast said about the television adaptation of Pachinko?
In a September 2021 interview with Esquire Korea, Lee Min-ho said that he wanted to portray his character Hansu truthfully by properly reflecting “the male image from that era”.

“I wanted to be true to the character,” he said. “So I tried to focus on how desperate they were to survive in that period [of time].”

The actor added: “I wanted to express the man who has desperately survived and met the woman he loved. And I really wanted to portray well how one can love one another.”

(ENG CC)이민호가 매일 검색해보는 것은? 팬들에게 묻고 싶은 것은? l  LeeMinho, 에스콰이어, Esquire Korea

When will Pachinko be released?

There is no confirmed release date for the series yet. With the show currently being filmed, more news will surely emerge soon.

Is there a trailer for Pachinko?

No, a trailer for the series has not yet been released. It will most likely arrive closer to the premiere date.

How can I watch Pachinko?

Since Pachinko is an Apple original, it will be released exclusively on the tech giant’s on demand streaming television service Apple TV+. The service is available on the Apple TV app, which comes for free on any Apple device for one year. See more details about the service here.

https://www.nme.com/en_asia/news/tv/panchinko-tv-adaptation-min-jin-lee-apple-tv-release-date-plot-trailer-2902269

• Like 5

Lee Min Ho Shares His Thoughts About 'Pachinkio' & More

spacer.png

Lee Min Ho recently participated in an interview for Esquire magazine. In the interview uploaded on the magazine's YouTube channel, Lee Min Ho answered various questions asked by fans about his career, hobbies, and personal life.

He was also asked what he focused on while acting as Hansu, his role in the upcoming drama “Pachinko.”

Lee Min Ho replied, “ I wanted to stay true to the character, so I focused a lot on how desperate he (Hansu) was to survive during that time. ”

Lee Min Ho ended the interview asking fans to look forward to 'Pachinko'.

“I've finished filming for 'Pachinko,' and (now) in post-production, so I'm looking forward to it being released next year, ” he said.

" I know that my fans are waiting for my next project, so I hope this drama will do well and be a good gift for my fans, " concluded Lee Min Ho.

'Pachinko' itself tells the hopes and dreams of four generations of Korean immigrant families. The storyline starts from forbidden love and expands to war and peace between Japan and the United States. This drama will be colored by Chinese stories, loss, and revenge.

The drama is scheduled to premiere on Apple TV early next year. Are you ready to watch it?

https://yoursay.suara.com/lifestyle/2021/09/06/223351/lee-min-ho-berbagi-pemikiran-tentang-pachinkio-ketakutannya-banyak-lagi

• Like 6

Lee Min Ho is escaping from the role of "super-rich guy" in a multinational project!

Lee Min Ho spoke about his character in the upcoming film Pachinko.

Renowned actor Lee Min Ho was recently interviewed by Esquire Korea magazine. Here the actor told about himself, and also talked about several teasers of his character in the new film "Pachinko".

E-vpWCIXEAEXBOS?format=jpg&name=900x900

Pachinko tells the story of four generations of poor Korean immigrants who fought for their destiny in Japan. It is a masterpiece dedicated to hot and hot topics such as violence, racism, prejudice and discrimination - topics that still remain controversial.

In the drama, Lee Min Ho plays Go Han Soo. When asked about the most important thing about Go Han Soo's portrayal in Pachinko, Lee Min Ho replied that he wanted to fully immerse himself in the character and focus on the struggles they went through in order to exist at that moment.

E-vpYAIWQAMhARa?format=jpg&name=900x900

“I wanted to portray the image of a man of that era - a man who met the woman he loved, but did not know how to show his love. I also wanted to recreate what people are. We love each other and fight for our love through Go Han Soo emotionally, "added Lee Min Ho.

Lee Min Ho's character in Pachinko, who often plays the role of tycoons and gentlemen with a rich family background, was a turning point in his successful career. This new drama is very different from previous projects, Lee Min Ho is personally quite satisfied with the results, and he also expressed his wish that fans will also love and accept Pachinko when the drama airs.

During the days when the shooting was not filmed, the protagonist of the movie "The King: Eternal Monarch" also honestly admitted that he was isolated only at home. It may be boring for many people to sit at home, but Lee Min Ho feels very comfortable at home, and time flies faster. He also often talks to himself during self-isolation in order to find joy for himself.

During the interview, Lee Min Ho also gave funny answers to the film crew and viewers who watched the video. When asked where he wants to live outside of Korea, without answering anywhere in Europe or America, Lee Min Ho wittily replied that he wants to live on Mars.

When asked about the last time he searched the Internet, the actor shared that he really wants to know what people are saying about him, which is why he always searches for Lee Min Ho by keyword at least once a day.

The Legends of the Blue Sea actor has also shown great interest in fans. When asked what questions he would ask his fans, Lee Min Ho replied without hesitation that he wanted to ask if they were happy. The actor also hopes that the people he loves or people close to him will always be happy.

(ENG CC)이민호가 매일 검색해보는 것은? 팬들에게 묻고 싶은 것은? l  LeeMinho, 에스콰이어, Esquire Korea

Lee Min Ho's upcoming project is Pachinko, a drama based on the novel of the same name by Korean-American writer Min Jin Lee. The global drama project is being created by world-class actors from many countries such as Korea, Japan and the United States.

Pachinko will air in 2022.

Translation from Vietnamese google

https://viezone.vn/lee-min-ho-lot-xac-thoat-vai-cong-tu-sieu-giau-trong-du-an-da-quoc-gia-W8lqxHWmIVXx.html

• Like 3

Disney is not the only OTT company slated to enter Korea. Apple TV+ is planning to release "Doctor Brain," which is based on a Korean webtoon, and "Pachinko," starring Yoon Yeo-jung and Lee Min-ho.

https://biz.chosun.com/it-science/ict/2021/09/09/346NLJX6MFH5FBC4VU7S2E6QG4/?utm_source=naver&utm_medium=original&utm_campaign=biz

• Like 4

Lee Min-ho picks role he wants to play for life; talks about ‘Pachinko,’ living on Mars

spacer.png

Lee Min-ho finished filming the Apple TV Plus series “Pachinko,” which is based on the historical novel of Korean-American author Min Jin Lee about four generations of a Korean immigrant family.

He will play the role of Hansu, a merchant who built up wealth and power through his ties with Yakuza.

When he was filming “Pachinko,” he said “I wanted to be true to the character. So I tried to focus on how desperate they were to survive in that period. I wanted to express the man who has desperately survived and met the women he loved. And I really wanted to portray well how one can love one another, reflecting the male image at that era.”

Lee Min-ho also revealed that “Pachinko” will be released next year and he is waiting for it “because I know that my fans are waiting for my next project. I hope ‘Pachinko’ can respond to my fans’ expectations.

https://mb.com.ph/2021/09/08/lee-min-ho-picks-role-he-wants-to-play-for-life-talks-about-pachinko-living-on-mars/

• Like 4

Media Res CEO Michael Ellenberg on ‘The Morning Show,’ Its COVID Pivot and Going Toe-to-Toe With Disney

spacer.png

Four years after launching the independent studio Media Res, Michael Ellenberg is crossing the finish line with the very first show he put into development as a studio executive: the limited series Scenes From a Marriage. The Jessica Chastain-Oscar Isaac starrer, premiering Sept. 12, brings the 46-year-old back to his former home at HBO, where he spent five years as head of drama. In the interim, Ellenberg’s 30-person company has set up scripted series at all the major streamers, including Apple TV+’s The Morning Show (returning Sept. 17 for its second season) and the global production Pachinko (set for 2022); an hourlong dark comedy at Netflix; and Amazon’s forthcoming Boots Riley dramedy I’m a Virgo.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/media-res-ceo-michael-ellenberg-the-morning-show-season-two-disney-pandemic-1235008547/

The novel that fascinated Obama...The power of storytelling that "Pachinko" writer talks about.

Pinball is a game that shoots iron beads (ball bearings). The score you earn depends on which intensity and direction you shoot it in. Pachinko, Japan's most popular gambling, is a game similar to pinball. The purpose of shooting a small iron bead to win more iron beads, and the amount of iron beads that can be obtained varies depending on the angle and how strong the iron bead is fired.

In this way, it seems like a game where a person who shoots a metal ball well with sophisticated control can earn a lot of rewards, but Pachinko is a gambling game played in a thoroughly calculated and controlled environment. The story of a person thrown into a scene in history is similar to Pachinko. Just as the probability of winning the game is limited no matter how elaborately the iron beads are fired, life is full of invisible reef-like restrictions no matter how hard an individual tries.

The novel Pachinko, selected by the New York Times, USA Today, and the BBC as the "2017 Book of the Year," depicts the lives of Koreans in Japan and their families born in Japanese colonial era Busan. Lee Min-jin, a Korean-American writer, was highly praised for drawing abundantly the stories of the times she had never lived in. Last year, it was decided to shoot an eight-part drama on Apple TV, starring actor Yoon Yeo-jung, and once again gained popularity. The author will speak at this year's World Knowledge Forum and talk about her novel with NPD Ulabi, a reporter for NPR, a public radio station in the United States. Reporter Ulabi is an expert who has been active in art and entertainment for a long time. He participates in the session of writer Lee and director Kemp Powers as the chairperson and serves as a cultural bridge connecting Korea and the United States.

https://www.mk.co.kr/news/economy/view/2021/09/872687/

• Like 4

110 billion won in film performances ... Actors are thrilled with the Netflix Disney competition on Amazon

As online video (OTT) companies compete to protect content, fees for popular actors are skyrocketing.

OTT companies around the world showing strong financial strengths such as Netflix, Disney Plus, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max and Apple TV Plus are planning to distribute the cash. As Disney Plus enters the Korean market in November and domestic OTT companies accelerate their market share expansion, entry fees in Korea are expected to skyrocket as well...

Apple TV Plus, which features "Dr. Brain" starring Lee Sung Kyun and "Pachinko" starring Yoon Yeo Jung and Lee Min Ho, is also weighing a timeline for its release in Korea. Competition among Korean actors is expected to intensify as there is a case with Netflix, where Sweet Home, just 28 days after its release, enjoyed 22 million families around the world using Korea as a base for content production. Critic Kim said, "OTT companies targeting Southeast Asia, where there are not many subscribers yet, are turning their attention to Korea, where they can produce content at a reasonable cost."

Reporter Seo Jung

https://www.mk.co.kr/today-paper/view/2021/4960646/

• Like 1

"Diaspora Literature," which contains the pain of history. -  Lee Min-jin, Pachinko.

spacer.png

It's not about gambling. It's a line of painful history. Pachinko contains the lives of Koreans in Japan who lived in Japan. 

It is a novel written by Korean-American writer Lee Min-jin, and the lives of migrant Koreans are expressed in a realistic and desperate way. The appearance of "Zainichi" from the perspective of the same overseas Koreans seems to be realistic and seems to come alive.

There are compatriots who have left the country for a living and a better life. However, unlike the hopeful start, the results were disastrous. It was not easy to build a life anywhere else. The new world has caused another pain. Those who left the country were struggling desperately amid contempt and discrimination to survive again.

Zainichi's sorrow and pain are well expressed in Pachinko. Zainichi's life, which begins with a woman who started her life in Osaka, Japan, continues for generations. Their long journey was fierce. Through the history leading to Yangjin, Seonja, Hatsu, and Solomon, you can get a glimpse of their struggling lives.

They wanted to live their normal daily lives, but they keep being pushed out into the shade, not the sunny spot. In a life where they are discriminated against by their natural "root" rather than their own choice, they worry about their identity. 

In the novel, there are various human populations who lose their lives in disregard and prejudice, and who live in compliance with reality. However, all the main characters in the work fall into question about "what group they belong to" and "what their identity is." In fact, you can guess how fierce and many worries and struggles there must have been in the lives of Koreans in Japan.

Through the agony of those on the border, we face endless questions about 'identity'. What is a country, what is an individual's life, and the country-individual relationship are also contemplated. They always suffered in this ambiguous boundary, as they did not belong to their hometowns, other regions, and became inconsistent beings. The vortex of history created a stranger.

Still, they endured. It's a life like "Pachinko" where they can't control or know the consequences, but they've always been faithful. Even if they don't know who they are, the fierce life itself will give people a great resonance and deep lingering impression.

https://www.iworldtoday.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=404997

• Like 3

Make the audience melt because the main character he plays Lee Min Ho wants to try a different role than the previous one

Untill - Monday, 13 September 2021

3425542039.jpg

GridStar.ID-Lee Min Ho became popular after starring in the drama Boys Over Flowers. In the drama, he plays a wealthy man who falls in love with an ordinary woman. Lee Min Ho also often turns out the character as a descendant of the rich in several dramas. He often gets the main character in various titles. Lee Min Ho was constantly dating similar characters, so he wanted to explore his acting skills.

Finally, he tried to play the antagonist in the Pachinko drama.

“Now that I'm in my thirties, I prefer what is 'real'. If this is far from reality, I disagree, and it gets harder and harder, ”he said. Lee Min Ho.

“When I was asked to audition for Pachinko and watch the script, I was sure that I could try it with this project.

What I want to try. I think it was thanks to that faith that the audition went well, ”he explained.

Lee Min Ho will take on the role of Ko Hansu, whom he considers "a criminal at all costs."

Translation from Indonesian google

https://star.grid.id/read/452887070/buat-penonton-luluh-karena-karakter-protagonis-yang-dimainkannya-lee-min-ho-ingin-mencoba-peran-lain-yang-berbeda-dari-sebelumnya-cek-juga-drama-korea-the-king-eter

• Like 2

21 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

It seems Dr. Brain first  Wait , wait, wait, forever wait....

@leeminhosny, Don't worry Apple TV + will release "Dr. Brain" first. I read somewhere that the company decided to be the first to launch a drama with an actor in the lead role from the Oscar-winning "Parasites", and then only "Pachinko". This is the channel's policy and Lee Min Ho is innocent. We must come to terms with the current situation and patiently wait for the premiere of "Pachinko".

"Pachinko" Lee Minho partner rookie Kim Minha, girlish new profile revealed.

A new profile photo featuring Kim Min-ha's colorful charm has been released.

spacer.png

Kim Min-ha drew attention with the announcement of the casting of Apple TV+'s global project drama Pachinko after fierce competition. Kim Min-ha plays the role of a young "Seonja," the character leading the play, and worked with actors such as Lee Min-ho and Jung Eun-chae. A woman's experience as an immigrant after leaving Korea during the Japanese colonial era will be depicted with delicate acting.

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202109161432580010

• Like 2

Books that will become a series and promise to make people talk

We've set aside five books that will be adapted for television in the coming months for you to keep an eye on

If you're on the team that likes adaptations, you'll love to know about the books that will become a series soon. Book-based productions are sometimes controversial, but there are many that positively surprise us. Therefore, we have selected some books that will be adapted to series and promise to get people talking. And, don't worry, there's streaming for all kinds of tastes. 

Pachinko

Pachinko, named after the popular slot game in Japan , follows generations of a Korean immigrant family in Japan. The book by Min Ji Lee addresses the challenges and prejudices faced by the family for nearly a century. It entered Barack Obama's list of recommendations in 2019.

The work was so successful that it is being adapted by Apple TV+ into an eight-episode series. Actors like Lee Min-ho (Boys Over Flowers, The Heirs) and Minha Kim (Call, After Spring) have already been confirmed in the cast.

https://culturadoria.com.br/livros-que-vao-virar-serie-e-prometem-dar-o-que-falar/

‘Minari’ actress Youn Yuh-jung named one of TIME’s Most Influential People of 2021

spacer.png

Oscar-winning Minari actress Youn Yuh-jung has been named one of the Most Influential People of 2021 by TIME.

The veteran South Korean actress recently made history at the 93rd Academy Awards where she took home the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress, beating favourites like Glenn Close in Hillbilly Elegy and Amanda Seyfried in Mank. The nod made her the first Asian actress to win in the category.

Aside from her Oscar win, Youn had also received the SAG (Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role) and BAFTA Awards (Best Actress in a Supporting Role) for her appearance in Minari.

“It was a year where I simply did the work I always do, but I received far more praise than I deserved,” Youn told South Korean publication MT Star News about being included on TIME’s list, as translated by Soompi.

“I myself am still surprised by the news that I was chosen for TIME’s list of this year’s most influential people,” she added. “I hope that I was someone who had a positive influence on others, and I consider it an honor to have my name included on TIME’s list of the 100 Most Influential People of 2021 alongside people who are far greater than I am.”

Meanwhile, in a write-up for TIME, Youn’s Minari co-star Steven Yeun said that the actress “has forged a path that only she could have”, noting that her roles range from “navigating and breaking through societal expectations to playing fully realized (and deeply human) characters on the screen”.

https://www.nme.com/en_asia/news/film/minari-actress-youn-yuh-jung-time-most-influential-people-2021-3047289

We're All Human: Justin Chon on Blue Bayou

spacer.png

Chon not only leads this film, but fills its 16mm cinematography with his immense passion as a storyteller working as writer/director. Like with his Sundance breakout “Gook” and follow-up “Ms. Purple,” Chon’s love of distinct color and of an empathetic lens guides the viewer to see the world how Chon feels for it. “Blue Bayou” is Chon’s biggest film yet, and was screened Un Certain Regard at the recent Cannes Film Festival. He already has a TV series in the can (co-directing episodes of "Pachinko" with Kogonada), and just finished a new film in the state of Hawaii. 

I'm amazed by how much energy you put into these movies. Where does it come from on-set? 

You know, after “Blue Bayou” I did a television series for Apple TV+, based on the book Pachinko. And I was able to do half of the season. And I just wrapped up two days ago on a film. But I’ve got to say with this last film, I feel like I was starting to run out of a little bit of steam. I think I need a bit of a recharge. 

https://www.rogerebert.com/interviews/justin-chon-alicia-vikander-blue-bayou-interview-2021

• Like 2