[Drama 2022] Pachinko, 파친코 - Lee Min Ho, Youn Yuh Jung, Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai, Kaho Minami - Streaming on Apple TV+ | Season 1 & 2

syntyche

Lee Min Ho returns with Pachinko When does the new drama premiere?

September 18, 2021

3eby8lKI?format=jpg&name=900x900

Since The King: Eternal Monarch drew to a close, Lee Min Ho has been briefly absent from the screen, but he will return to surprise us with Pachinko's story.

It will be Apple TV + products, which will also mark the platform's arrival in South Korea, its story and actors have caught the attention of many, especially as Lee Min Ho will play the main character Pachinko.

Due to Lee Min Ho's popularity and talent, this boy no longer auditions frequently to compete for the role, but instead receives offers to his company and his acting as many directors would like him to be on the cast. However, this changed thanks to Pachinko, which sparked an increased interest in the role he would play.

This series is based on the novel and tells the story of a Korean family who moved to Japan during the Japanese occupation, facing amazing cultural changes and even discrimination.

Can you imagine what character would prompt an actor to audition after 11 years of inactivity? Here we will tell you the details of the history and interpretation of this star that we will see.

You may also be interested in: Lee Min Ho rescues a girl in trouble during Personal Taste.

Lee Min Ho's character in Pachinko

The Heirs actor will play Ko Hansu, a man with a mysterious personality and enigmatic charm, he works as a merchant, but also has some ties to crime. As if his life doesn't seem too complicated, even with a family, this character enters a forbidden romance that he will try to hide for as long as possible.

Lee Min Ho showed interest in continuing his career and stuck to roles that suited him according to his age, but he also explained that for him, Ko Hansu has a villainous vibe that prompted him to play him.

When is Pachinko coming out? Lee Min Ho's next project

While there is still no exact date for its launch, Pachinko is said to premiere in 2021, so if this is confirmed we will have to wait a bit to enjoy the series.

In addition to Lee Min Ho, in this production we will see Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Kim Min Ha, Soji Arai, Kaho Minami and many others, whose Korean and Japanese cast will perfectly convey the plot.

Do you want to know why Lee Min Ho wants his characters to be different from the ones he has already played? Here we tell you what he said.

Translation from spanish google

https://kpopletsgonews.net/idols/lee-min-ho-regresa-con-pachinko-cuando-se-estrena-el-nuevo-drama/

• Like 4

Book Review: Pachinko by Min Jin Lee

Okay, I may be a bit biased, but this book is amazing.

Yes, I mean it as someone who claims that Pachinko is my favorite novel, but I think it is worth reading. Here's why.

The essential

This story unfolds over four generations in a family. The main plot begins when the protagonist, Sunja, changes the course of her family's life forever.

Sunja is the daughter of a disabled pensioner and his wife, and she never expected to leave her home (an island near Busan, South Korea). Until she meets Hansu, a wealthy fish merchant much older than her, who takes an interest in her. It's the 1930s, South Korea is occupied by Japan, and Koreans are getting poorer. This makes Hansu attract Sunja's attention, especially since she is an impressionable young woman. He ends up having her child, but cannot marry her.

Finally, Sunja meets a minister named Baek Isak. He is staying at the boarding house on his way to Osaka, Japan, where he plans to live with his brother, Yoseb. Upon learning of Sunja's circumstances, Isak decides to marry her and adopt her son as his own, but on one condition: that she live with him in Japan.

From there, the story not only takes us into the lives of Sunja and Isak's family as immigrants in Japan, but shows us how the world changes over time. The story changes to show us the perspective of Sunja's children and eventually her grandson. But the core of this story is the choice of a mother based on the sacrifices of previous generations.

Topics

It is a long novel that deals with many aspects of life itself, so there is a lot to unravel. Honestly, I find myself learning new things every time I read it. This is what strikes me the most.

This book questions common notions of femininity. Sunja is beautiful in her own way, but she does not adhere to stereotypical ideas of beauty. This is partly because, after having her first child, she feels embarrassed if she attracts too much attention. Nor does he know how to make himself look "beautiful" for the time in which he is. She is clean and gentle, but strong, and this is what makes her most beautiful.

Family is another important factor. It is shown as the sense of belonging and, in the case of the Baek family, the only bonds they can trust in a foreign country. This gives way to the issue of assimilation into a foreign country and culture. We not only see what it means to be Korean in Japan for Sunja's generation, but also what it means for her children. Finally, we see what it is like for her to have a grandson who considers himself Japanese, because Japan is his homeland.

Sacrifice is mentioned a lot, especially in relation to the sacrifices we make for the family that can affect multiple generations. In this novel, everyone sacrifices something so that their children and grandchildren can have more than they do. And that is not taken lightly. This also shows us the impact of the elections themselves. Even a small choice, a truth told or untold, or a loved one from a distance can create a ripple effect that lasts for decades.

My opinion

There is not much to say here other than this: you should read this book if you want something that can touch you on such a deep level, that you will think about this story long after you finish it. There are elements that almost anyone can relate to and remarkable lessons buried within a plot that keeps me hooked every time I read this novel (which has been many).

Warning: You may cry and throw the book against the wall. It is a normal reaction. But trust me, you will probably finish this book and thank me for the recommendation.

https://www.red17.com/45160-resena-del-libro-pachinko-de-min-jin-lee

Showrunners Insight: ‘Pachinko’s Soo Hugh 

TBI has partnered with LA- and London-based drama consultancy MediaXchange to get under the skin of some of the best showrunners in the business and find out what makes them tick, what their favourite shows are – and what series got cancelled before its time.

In this first instalment, we speak to Pachinko and The Terror’s Soo Hugh, alongside Tehran and Your Honor’s Alon Aranya.

spacer.png

Hugh is currently working on bringing the international bestseller Pachinko to the small screen for Apple TV+ and has projects in the works with Amazon and Media Res, among numerous others. She was co-showrunner on the first season of AMC’s The Terror, created The Whispers for ABC and has credits on The Killing for AMC and CBS’s Under The Dome.

https://tbivision.com/2021/09/21/showrunners-insight-pachinkos-soo-hugh-tehrans-alon-aranya/

• Like 3

Autumn of fan ecstasy! Premonition that it will be Lee Min Ho's "King of the Korean Wave" festival

Makoto Sasayama Beauty and Health Journalist
2021-09-25 06:00

e29baddf5bd4498253829f4c2ded9fb020210924

Lee Min Ho is the best face of the Korean wave

Instagram has 25.85 million followers! (C) Reuters / Abaca Press

Lee Min Ho (34) is an actor who quickly rose to fame as Tsukasa Doumyo (Koo Joon Pyo in Korean work) in the Korean version of Boys Over Flowers. His success thereafter is endless, and he plays the role of "City Hunter" based on Japanese animation and Kim Tan, a high school student who has the melancholy of the son of a conglomerate RickRoll'D, but a handsome guy.

"The Heirs" that conquered the girls, and "Blue Sea", which became a big hit in a fantastic setting of love between a mermaid and a genius con man in collaboration with the famous actress Jung Ji Hyun (starring "Cheeky Girl") "The Legend of the Blue Sea" and " The King: The Eternal Monarch, ”a work repeated after serving in the army, also drew a staggering amount of views on NETFLIX.

His official Instagram has approximately 25.85 million followers worldwide! In fact, this is the number of followers next to BLACK PINK and BLACK PINK members among Korean stars. With a height of 187 cm, the "source face" of the Korean wave, which gained popularity regardless of nationality, for example, taking 1st place in the voting for Korean popular actors in France. I think there are a lot of people who once thought, "I like this."

Many exhibits as a brand ambassador in autumn and winter

Cell Return

840b551df347d23f2bcd084719d031e320210924

Lee Min Ho, fans will be excited about this fall / winter news. First, from September there will be an increase in prominence as the global spokesman for "Cell Return," a face-to-face device that looks like a "mask" that many people have seen in the Korean dramas NETFLIX. He himself tried to lend the heroine a real car in black and gold colors, saying that this is the "face device of the emperor" in "King: Eternal Monarch."

For the full-scale landing of this camera return in Japan, a life-size image of Lee Min-ho with a fully reproduced height of 187 cm appeared at a special site in Shinjuku Marui and Tokyo Daimaru on September 15th. Department store from mid-October. You can also take a memorable photo.

Twitter fans are shouting that there will be a sale of the machine itself, autographed by the person himself and a gift for all visitors to the mask case. This is news of Lee Min Ho's big novelties since original products such as Cheong Kwan Jang Ginseng Uchiva, which became a hot topic in the summer.

Can't wait for the blockbuster drama to come out!

There hasn't been a single drama since The King: Eternal Monarch and fans all over the world are waiting for the next work, but it's actually a lot of work that the Korean Apple TV is trying to get the attention of many users on its website. Service launch time The list includes a new drama "PACHINKO" starring Lee Min Ho. No official release date has yet been announced, but it is said that it will be announced in the near future.

The original "Pachinko" is a novel by Korean-American writer Min Jin Lee, who is also a final nominee for the National Book Award and became a hit with a circulation of 1 million copies nationwide. It was a globally sympathetic masterpiece depicting the struggle of a Korean family living in Japan for four generations, and became a big topic even when recommended by former US President Barack Obama.

In terms of what the story is, the scene is Yeongdo off the coast of Busan, the Korean Peninsula that was united with Japan in 1910. Lee Min Ho plays Ko Han Soo, the daughter of a couple who run a boarding house, who falls in love with a young teenager, Kim Sung Ja, an attractive urban 36-year-old adult.

Japanese actresses Kaho Minami and Anna Sawai are known to also appear in this epic life drama that spans the Korean Peninsula, Osaka and Yokohama. Expectations are high, because this is a large-scale global blockbuster project, like filming not only in South Korea, but also in Canada.

It will be autumn and winter, so keep an eye out for Lee Min Ho, the undisputed champion of the Korean wave.

Translation from Japanese google

https://kokuhaku.love/articles/13563

• Like 2

EVENT Alert! What do you think should happen next? Calling all drama viewers who have an opinion on which direction a drama should be heading in. Here is your chance to play PDnim. Participate in this joint screenwriting game and lets see what kind of drama Soompi chingus come up with. Surely, it will be better than some of the duds we have been subjected to, right? :lol:

re: @partyon, @Lmangla, @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart, @agenth

• Like 1

Director Won Ji-ho signs an exclusive contract with Secret Ent.

spacer.png

Won Ji-ho signed an exclusive contract with "Secret ENT."
Director Won Ji-ho, who has recently won various overseas film festivals as well as was selected for the Korean Short Contest at the Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival, signed an exclusive contract with her agency Secret Ent.

Secret ENT announced the exclusive contract with coach Won Ji-ho and said, "I'm happy to be with director Won Ji-ho, who unfolds sensuous works based on his outstanding talent."

He then said, "I feel that professional support is needed not only for actors but also for creators such as directors. Director Won Ji-ho will provide full support so that she can continue her wider creative activities in line with the ever-changing media era. I ask for your interest and love, director Won Ji-ho, who will visit with new works, he said.

She is also showing various talents by participating in global masterpieces such as the Apple TV Plus global project drama Pachinko, which has been attracting global attention from the production stage, with the news of actors Lee Min-ho and Yoon Yeo-jung's appearance.

While director Won Ji-ho, who is a rookie but has quickly become a hot rookie director through her sensuous yet outstanding directing and talents, has signed an exclusive contract with her agency Secret Ent, expectations are high on what kind of work she will continue in the future.

http://www.spotvnews.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=444471

• Like 3

Apple TV+ and several Korean-related dramas introduced

If it goes as planned, the Korean drama "Doctor Brain" can be released within this year. However, considering that only one cut was released in the autumn introduction video, I think the third quarter is too much and can only be seen in winter. 

Meanwhile, in addition to Dr. Brain, there is another original Korean work on Apple TV Plus, which is being filmed, the drama Pachinko. In fact, the drama is known to have started filming before "Doctor Brain", and I think the production was inevitably delayed due to the fact that actors  from three countries appeared in the drama.

spacer.png

The story is set in Japanese colonial era, starring Lee Min-ho, and will feature the narrative of a four-generation Korean immigrant family in eight parts. Japanese and American actors, including from Korea, were cast, and they filmed in Canada, starting with the Korean location on October 26 last year. In addition, actor Yoon Yeo-jung is known to have joined North America's filming since the Academy's Best Supporting Actress Award in November last year, and translator Hwang Seok-hee is also participating in the script.

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.naver?blogId=y1kkhj&logNo=222521310846&searchKeyword=이민호

• Like 3

How to make a series in Korea and the United States as referred to by "Mine" author and "Pachinko" and "Good Doctor" producer.

spacer.png

Kim Sung-hoon, reporter of "Cine 21", writer Baek Mi-kyung, and writer Heo Su-jin (from the left).

Baek Mi-kyung of "Mine", Heo Soo-jin, a showrunner of "Pachinko," an original Apple TV+ series, and Lee Dong-hoon, CEO of Entertainment Media Contents, who produced the "ABC" <Good Doctor> series in the United States.

"I want the drama to become bold and look like a movie".

How is the way Korean and American drama writers work differently? How much autonomy will the writer be given? What should I pay the most attention to remake Korean dramas in the United States?

With domestic and foreign OTT platforms growing rapidly after COVID-19, and "K-drama" is spreading around the world, interest in drama writers is higher than ever. The 2021 International Broadcasting Video Market (BCWW, hosted by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, and hosted by the Korea Creative Content Agency), which will be held online and in Sangam-dong from September 6th to 10th, was an ambitious event to get a glimpse of the charm and future of K contents such as entertainment, documentaries and movies.

Among them, Baek Mi-kyung, the writer of the drama Mine, which recently ended at a conference released online with YTN in Sangam-dong on the morning of September 8, Heo Soo-jin, the writer of Apple TV+'s original series Pachinko, and CEO of entertainment media, who produced his signature American drama Good Doctor. Their conversation was reconstructed into seven keywords.

Baek Mikyung.
In 2014, he debuted as a drama writer with a single SBS drama, Story of Ganggu, and wrote a script for his first full-length film, Dear Eun Dong-ah, in 2015. Since then, he has written screenplays for several popular dramas such as "Strong Woman Do Bong-soon," "The Grace We Met," "Melting Me," and "Mine," and is a producer who runs MK contents, his production company.

Lee Donghun.
Representative of Enter Media Contents. He produced several dramas, including the Korean drama "Suits" and the flagship drama "Good Doctor" series, and co-director of Apple TV+'s film "Pachinko." Currently, he is preparing for the hulu drama "American Soul" by Korean writer Lana Joe and is planning and developing various projects, including remaking the American drama "Good Place" into a Korean drama.

Heo Soojin.
After starting her writing career with the Fox TV studio series "Killing", she adapted the original novel in several series, including the series "The Whispers" and the series "The Terror" season 1 produced by Ridley Scott. Showrunner of Apple TV+'s founding work "Pachinko".

http://www.cine21.com/news/view/?mag_id=98612

• Like 3

Martinez Lands Repeated Role in “Magnum PI” Season 4

Entertainment News
Story Center by Story Center  September 29, 2021

FAiRUprWYAICIuk?format=jpg&name=360x360

... He will also star in the next Apple TV + series pachinko, Based on the novel of the same name by Min Jin Lee.

https://celebrity.land/en/martinez-lands-repeated-role-in-magnum-pi-season-4-entertainment-news/

• Like 1

Pachinko At the time of publication, there was not as much reaction as it is now, but the news of drama production and Youn Yuh Jung, Lee Min Ho is likely to be able to show a side that he has never seen before through a person named Ko Han Soo, with all the shooting now finished, which has greatly increased interest with the article that such as will appear.

[Impression of pachinko that enriches the resentment and sadness of the Korean people]
Korean actor Lee Min Ho played Hans and Kim Min Ha played Sunja. In the reality that Korean cultural power is achieving shining results in the world < pachinko > Is also shining in the center.

• Like 2

Recently, after Netflix, the places where money spread in Korea

Anonymous Theqoo https://theqoo.net/2184112002

FAorSDjXEBYBbaJ?format=jpg&name=small

Apple TV +

They only have money left, so I'm looking for work from a Korean production company that pays 130% of the cost of production. To establish itself in the Asian market, dramas by Lee Min Ho and Yoon Yeo Jung, works by Lee Sung Kyun + Kim Ji Young, etc. are already being prepared.

The money is rotten. $ 4.99 per month in the United States. Ad-free, 4K quality at no extra cost. That's not enough, so when you buy an Apple device, you get a free pass. What's even more interesting is the money, but they are wasting money to protect their own multi-trillion-dollar content a year. Their concept is not only low-level trash, but only good steamed ones. Spielberg Scorsese and Ridliscot signed a contract.

Comments:

239. Unknown duck = 235 Thing 10/01/2021
If you watch the filming of Lee Min Ho's drama, he is coming soon.

241.deoku cotton = 150 Dec 2021-10-01
The first Korean drama created by Apple to commemorate its release in Korea is Lee Sung Kyung's drama, which will be released soon in Korea.

245. Unknown Duck 2021-10-01
I am looking forward to the drama "Pachinko", when will it come out?

257. Unknown Duck 2021-10-01
I saw an article that said Pachinko was likely to come out in Korea. It is 8 series, but the production cost exceeds 100 billion won.

267. Unknown Duck 2021-10-01
I thought they were filming Lee Min Jin's pachinko as their first Korean film, but I wonder how far this has gone: it's a masterpiece starring Lee Min Ho.

275. Unknown Duck 2021-10-01
Can't wait to see which producer wins.

276. Unknown Duck 2021-10-01
If the level of content competition rises and there is something to see, that's not a bad deal, haha

278. Unknown Duke 2021-10-02
Even though I'm an Apple employee, I don't have high expectations for Apple TV content ... I'm a little worried about Pachinko ... I'm afraid that there will be work that does not match the historical consciousness and sensitivity of Korea ... Of course, I hope that it's nothing more than Rain. 

Translation from korean google

https://theqoo.net/index.php?mid=hot&filter_mode=normal&document_srl=2184112002

• Like 2

[Apple TV] Site for filming historical drama "Pachinko" starring Lee Min Ho

Na Young Injagi

FAozupbUUAAMPKU?format=jpg&name=900x900

FAozup8UcAYLtvn?format=jpg&name=small

FAoz2C3VcAEsmf1?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

FApBlXNXMAc06yX?format=jpg&name=small

FApBo6jWYAQU7hy?format=jpg&name=small

Name: Pachinko

(Based on the bestselling book of the same name by Min Jin-Lee)
(8 episodes of the drama)
Broadcaster: Apple TV
Director: Cogonada ("Columbus (2017)")
Justin Chen ("Homecoming (2019)")

summary

It illuminates the hopes and dreams of four generations of a Korean immigrant family. The story begins in an epic and intimate tone. In forbidden love and a growing atmosphere War and Peace, Love and Loss, Victory, And tell an unforgettable story of determination Travel between Korea, Japan and the USA. 

Cast:

"King, Eternal Monarch" Lee Min Ho-Hansu is associated with organized crime. How a Mysterious Outsider and Trader Falling in love contrary to conventional wisdom has far-reaching implications

Yeo-jung "Minari" Yun-Sun-ja

"King, Eternal Monarch" by Jung Eun Chae-Kyung Hee

"Weekend Voting" by Han Joon-Woo as Joseph

"Fly, Gaecheon-yong" by Jung Woon-in

"Love Life" Jin Ha as Solomon
An ambitious and attractive man who has no choice but to think about his family's past.

"Ninja Assassin" Anna Sawai as Naomi
A savvy professional woman in a male-dominated financial world.

Min-ha "Ringing" Teenage Kim Sun Ja
In this land that is not yours Concealing your past and taking care of yourself A heroic young woman standing at a dead end

"Cobra Kai" Soji Arai-Mosai
worried about the future of his son
A devoted father and a successful businessman

"Oh Lucy" by Kaho Minami as Etsuko
An energetic and independent woman seeks to reunite with her estranged daughter

Translation from korean google
https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.naver?blogId=larciel&logNo=222523391395&proxyReferer=https:%2F%2Ft.co%2F

• Like 2

County Executive Meyer announces New Castle County Reads event; An Evening with the Author, Min Jin Lee

spacer.png

New Castle County Executive Matt Meyer and New Castle County Libraries General Manager Diana Brown invites the public to attend an Evening with the Author, a discussion and book signing event featuring New York Times bestselling author, Min Jin Lee on Friday, October 22 at 7 p.m.at the Chase Center on the Riverfront.

Min Jin Lee’s novel, Pachinko, was selected for the 2020 New Castle County Reads Program. Pachinko was a finalist for the National Book Award and the Dayton Literary Peace Prize. Richly told and profoundly moving, the bestselling epic follows four generations of a poor, proud Korean immigrant family’s fight to control their destinies in 20th century Japan – surviving and thriving against the indifferent arc of history.

The New York Times included the historical novel as one of its “10 Best Books of 2017,” and called it, “Stunning… Despite the compelling sweep of time and history, it is the characters and their tumultuous lives that propel the narrative… A compassionate, clear gaze at the chaotic landscape of life itself.”

Min Jin Lee is a recipient of fellowships in Fiction from the Guggenheim Foundation (2018), the Radcliffe Institute of Advanced Study at Harvard (2018-2019), and the New York Foundation for the Arts (2000). She is the author of another novel, Free Food for Millionaires.

“At its core, Pachinko is a timely novel about family, community, compassion, and resilience,” said County Executive Matthew Meyer. “Our shared experience over the last year has made us consider and appreciate our own interconnectedness. This year’s Evening with the Author program featuring Min Jin Lee is an opportunity to bring our community together, encouraging our bonds with family, friends, and neighbors.”

https://www.witn22.org/2021/10/01/county-executive-meyer-announces-new-castle-county-reads-event-an-evening-with-the-author-min-jin-lee/

• Like 3

Oscar-Winner Youn Yuh-jung in Focus at London Korean Film Festival (EXCLUSIVE)

spacer.png

Youn Yuh-jung, who won the Oscar for best supporting actress in “Minari” earlier this year, will be the subject of a special focus this year at the London Korean Film Festival. The festival will be held as an in-person event Nov. 4-19, 2021.

Youn was this week named by Time Magazine as one of the 100 most influential people of 2021.

Spoiler

The festival’s special focus on her will include the European premiere of a digitally restoration of Youn’s first role in 1970’s “Woman of Fire,” by iconic filmmaker Kim Ki-young. Also presented in a new 4K restoration and being shown for the first time outside of Korea, is “Angel, Become an Evil Woman,” also directed by Kim, and originally released in 1990.

Youn Yuh-jung in “Angel Become an Evil Woman”Courtesy of London Korean Film Festival

The festival includes two of Youn’s more recent collaborations with director Im Sang-soo, screening his “A Good Lawyer’s Wife” and “The Housemaid,” which played in competition in Cannes in 2010. It also finds house room for E J-yong’s 2016 festival favorite “The Bacchus Lady” in which her character dispenses mercy as a geriatric prostitute.

Youn also appears in the festival’s closing gala film “Heaven: To The Land of Happiness.” The Im-directed drama was invited to the edition of Cannes that was eventually canceled,. It was recently resurrected and set as the opening film of next month’s Busan festival.

The festival opens with the U.K. premiere of Ryoo Seung-wan’s action-packed true-life political drama “Escape from Mogadishu,” which is the highest-grossing film in Korea this year.

Other program highlights include the U.K. premiere of “Aloners,” the debut film of Hong Seong-eun, which won the Grand Prize at the Jeonju International Film Festival in May, and this month plays at the Toronto festival, and Lee Joon-ik’s “The Book of Fish.” The film is a sweeping epic about a scholar exiled to an island who trades his knowledge in Confucianism with a fisherman in order to write a book about the sea.

https://variety.com/2021/film/asia/minari-oscar-youn-yuh-jung-london-korean-film-festival-1235067123/

• Like 3

Inventory of 10 Korean stars who are entering Hollywood

Entering Hollywood is the dream of every actor. In recent years, South Korea has actively promoted actors to appear in international works. Many Korean actors have been in Hollywood. The following list of 10 "enter Hollywood Korean stars" - Lee Min Ho’s first American drama "Pachinko" and Yoon Yoo Jung collaborated,...

Entering Hollywood Korean Star 9: Lee Min Ho

spacer.png

Lee Min Ho, who debuted in 2006, has skyrocketed in popularity with dramas such as "Boys Over Flowers" and "Heirs", and is now a major Korean actor. In addition to Lee Min Ho's superb acting skills, he has a sculpturally beautiful visual! Recently, it has been reported that he will play the leading actor in the American drama "Pachinko", where he auditioned personally. It is reported that the filming of the show has been completed.

https://tw.news.yahoo.com/朴敘俊赴美拍攝《驚奇隊長-2-》!盤點-10-位進軍好萊塢韓星,李敏鎬首部美劇與尹汝貞合作-152723128.html

• Like 3

Unexpected global OTTs are preparing to enter Korea.

Hwang Seok-hee, a translator who became famous for translating various overseas films, said two overseas OTT companies are preparing to enter Korea. Netizens expressed their expectations for which OTT company will enter Korea. 

Translator Hwang Seok-hee posted on his Instagram on the 5th that two unexpected global OTT companies are preparing to enter Korea. Translator Hwang said, "With the news from the translation industry, unexpected overseas OTTs seem to be preparing to enter Korea. "Everyone knew that they were producing small amounts of Korean subtitles, but this time it's in earnest," he explained.

Apple TV is said to be the most likely OTT company to be released in Korea. HBO Max and Amazon Prime Video are also known to have expressed interest in entering South Korea. 

spacer.png

In particular, Apple TV has recently been working hard on producing works by casting master directors such as Steven Spielberg and Ridley Scott. In addition, the drama Pachinko, starring Korean actors such as Lee Min-ho and Yoon Yeo-jung, is also in full swing. 

https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/694687

• Like 3

Former director Justin, "With Yoon Yeo-jung and Pachinko..."A true artist, Wonderful!" [BIFF 2021]

spacer.png

Former director Justin told the story of actor Yoon Yeo-jung, who he worked together with on the Apple TV+ drama Pachinko.

On the morning of the 12th, an online press conference was held for former director Justin of "Blue Lake," which was officially invited to the 26th Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) World Cinema section. 

On the same day, former director Justin was asked about his thoughts on working with Yoon Yeo-jung, who he met on "Pachinko," after telling the story of "Blue Lake."

Pachinko is an eight-part drama that tells the story of a four-generation Korean immigrant family with a historical background, and depicts a chronology of war, peace, love and separation, victory and judgment between Korea and Japan and the United States. Yoon Yeo-jung and Lee Min-ho appeared, and Su-hyu, the writer of "The Terror" and "The Killing," participated as the main writer and general production and showrunner. Former coach Justin was in charge of directing with director Gogonada.

When Yoon Yeo-jung's name came out, former coach Justin said with a bright look, "She's the best."

"I really like teacher Yoon Yeo-jeong. Yoon Yeo-jeong has been acting since she had little money and even when she couldn't make money. I think the Korean entertainment industry is so successful, and I think Yoon Yeo-jung is a true artist in it, he said.

Former director Justin, who directed the episodes filmed in Yeongdo, Busan, said, "It was when I filmed an emotional scene walking from the beach side. For 30 to 40 minutes, we had to take a picture of the moment when the sunset is now shining, but it was a very difficult shoot. After filming, she called me and told me about the way I did it, 'Why did you film it that way?' Ultimately, the teacher's choice was right. My choice was wrong." I mentioned the gaze of Yoon Yeo-jeong I had seen.

Former director Justin said, "Yoon Yeo-jung is really like a mother." She always teaches me a lot and listens to me with an open mind. I think I will cherish the experience of filming with Yoon Yeo-jung in Pachinko. "She's such a wonderful actor," he praised.

https://www.xportsnews.com/?ac=article_view&entry_id=1485348

• Like 4

Netflix's "Squid Game" was a hit...Disney and Apple have eyes for "K-Content".

spacer.png

Netflix's original series "Squid Game" recently sparked a K-content craze around the world. 

Thanks to the success of squid games, global OTT platforms are discovering K-content. First of all, Apple announced in March this year that it will produce "Doctor Brain" as the first Korean work of its own streaming service "Apple TV+."

And the original content "Pachinko" has already begun filming and is about to be released. Pachinko, based on the best novel of the same name, is participated by actors Yoon Yeo-jung and Lee Min-ho.  

The timing of the first release of the two contents has not yet been revealed. However, it is known that Apple is recently discussing ways to partner with domestic telecommunication companies. In particular, SK Telecom has hinted at the possibility of collaboration with Apple TV+ several times. In fact, as Apple TV+' domestic website has been opened since the beginning of this year and it is known that the original content is being reviewed by the Video Rating Committee, expectations of domestic OTT users are rising. 

https://www.techm.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=89433

• Like 3

"Find the 2nd Squid Game". Apple and Disney → TVing K-Contents.

Amid the movement to "make a second Squid Game," global interest in "Korean-style original" is flooding.

Global interest in Korean-style content is rising. The K-content market, which has already been recognized with Netflix's "Kingdom" and "Sweet Home," was popularized more by "Squid Game" as it continues to be a box office success that has changed its status from before. Amid this unprecedented sensation, global OTT (online video services) such as Disney Plus and Apple TV, as well as domestic OTT industries represented by TVing and Wavve, are competing to secure content to discover a second "squid game."

Disney Plus has declared its entry into the domestic OTT market, where Netflix's first-tier system has been solidified, and Apple TV+ has taken steps to advance into Korea, continuing to discover and produce original content. According to the industry, Apple TV Plus is producing content with a domestic production company. Apple TV is currently producing the drama Pachinko, of the same name with the novel by a Korean-American writer, and Dr. Brain of a popular webtoon in Korea. It is a work featuring Yoon Yeo-jung, Lee Min-ho, and Lee Sun-kyun, respectively, and is expected to be released worldwide in the second half of the year. At a meeting introducing Apple's new smartphone, iPhone 13, on the 13th of last month, Apple also released some scenes of "Doctor Brain," featuring Lee Sun-kyun.

Although it has not yet made inroads into Korea, Apple is discussing ways to cooperate with SK Telecom, a domestic telecommunication company, as a strategy to gain solid ground by actively discovering K-content. On top of that, the Korea Video Rating Commission is undergoing content review on Apple TV Plus' original contents, suggesting that domestic expansion is approaching.

The OTT industry's interest in K-content is expected to continue to heat up. The remarkable success of the Squid Game, which started with a production cost of 20 billion won, ignited the fire. Content officials said, "Korea's special content and low-cost, high efficiency have made overseas officials look at Korea."

https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202110140100081850005360&servicedate=20211013

• Like 3