[Drama 2022] Pachinko, 파친코 - Lee Min Ho, Youn Yuh Jung, Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai, Kaho Minami - Streaming on Apple TV+ | Season 1 & 2

syntyche

En4Bs3-VoAEbwvJ?format=jpg&name=small

Korean Wave on OTT★ Lee Min-ho X Jeon Ji-hyun X Kim Soo-hyun also strengthen global status Amidst Covid-19 

From Lee Min-ho to Jeon Ji-hyun and Kim Soo-hyun, top Korean stars are solidifying their global influence in the new drama environment. Although they have already become global stars, they are busier with the expansion of the OTT market.

First, Lee Min-ho will join hands with Apple TV Plus in the U.S. to solidify his status as a Hallyu star. Apple TV+ in the U.S. officially announced the production of the drama "Pachinko" and named actor Lee Min-ho on the first line of the casting board. "Pachinko" is an eight-part film about four generations of Korean immigrant family stories, and is a global masterpiece cast by Korean, Japanese and American actors. Including Lee Min-ho, Yoon Yeo-jung and Jung Eun-chae will work together.

As the OTT market is growing due to the new coronavirus infection (Corona 19), Korean dramas are exported to countries around the world and copyright prices are increasing. In particular, global OTT companies are showing great interest in Hallyu content, and the production and distribution of self-produced dramas are booming. Not only Netflix, which has maintained its dominance in the domestic OTT market, but also latecomers such as Kakao TV and Apple TV are growing. As a result, each company started to take the lead in content distribution by producing original series with famous stars.

For actors, the diversification of such drama platforms is a good opportunity in that they can show a wide range of performances in a wider variety of works. An industry source said, "The OTT platform serves as a great opportunity to easily promote the status and value of Korean actors overseas. As the global move is not easy in the aftermath of Covod-19, actors are also happy to appear in OTT dramas because it is an opportunity to raise their global status by appearing in a drama.

With the prolonged Covid-19, the Korean Wave stars are expected to continue their OTT moves. Another official said, "Actors are moving to OTT as the movie is in recession with Covid-19. "As new challenges and generous investment are the strengths of OTT's own production dramas, more Korean actors will try to enter the larger global market via the OTT," he predicted.

http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/984858?ref=naver

• Blob 5

10 hours ago, syntyche said:

Korean Wave on OTT★ Lee Min-ho X Jeon Ji-hyun X Kim Soo-hyun also strengthen global status Amidst Covid-19 

Ohh...Looking at this Poster mY HEART still wishes to see LMH-JJH in Action or ADULT Story where they make JJH look hot again. But Alas! Hope Hope.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

OK. I read just Sunja, Hansu and Noa parts from book fastly. And If they didn't change book so much I think If I arrange book to 8 eps 

This is just my prediction, we may see LMH :

EP 1 EP4 (as Hansu) and then he was older

And if he will play Noah too

EP 5 and EP6 (as Noah) 

most probably we may see maximal in 5 EP this is best possibility

best result: his filming will end early he won't go to USA and he can choose next work earlier

worst possibility: if they didn't change book so much and LMH won't play as Noa , we can see LMH just least in 2 Ep max: in 3Ep and this will be definitely disappoinment for fans , because they use LMH's name for promotion .

• Like 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

Today I finished reading Pachinko and I really like it. It's a book that can be read easily since the style of the narrative is simple and direct although the plot is hard to stomach at several points of the novel. And it is a bit disheartened. 

The thing I am intrigued with is the shooting in Canada, and also the US? The scenes described in the book that doesn't take place in Korea nor Japan are minimal and can be recreated in any country with minimal effort. At first I thought that a large part of the book happened there, in the US, and that they will use Canada to recreate that part, but in fact is not like that, so I guess there are two options: a) the story is vastly altered and different from the original source material or b) the scenes to be recorded in Canada are scenes that also could be recorded in Korea&Japan. 

• Like 7
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

OK. I read just Sunja, Hansu and Noa parts from book fastly. And If they didn't change book so much I think If I arrange book to 8 eps 

EP 5 and EP6 (as Noah) 

best result: his filming will end early he won't go to USA and he can choose next work earlier

worst possibility: if they didn't change book so much and LMH won't play as Noa , we can see LMH just least in 2 Ep max: in 3Ep and this will be definitely disappoinment for fans , because they use LMH's name for promotion .

only 2 episodes? He should be in the drama for at least 4 episodes. 

In that case, I would only watch 2 episodes of Pachinko  :relieved:

yes, he can choose his next project soon. I really hope LMH is

already in the process of reviewing for next work. :please:

do you think LMH has already signed for another project? Is it

possible? 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

do you think LMH has already signed for another project? Is it

possible? 

No he doesn't sign next work if he doesn't finish new work but he can check them If book didn't change so much he wanted to star in Pachinko even though his parts are so little , probably he thought his Westersn career .And he is right. And if his parts are really so little he already might think next work (my prediction) because if Hansu seems just EP1 , probably EP2 and Ep3 will be Sunja and his husband parts , so he will have free time during they filming husband parts. Probably LMH will have free time until cast will go to Japan. And his filming will end in Feb.He may chech next offers in his free time. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

No he doesn't sign next work if he doesn't finish new work but he can check them If book didn't change so much he wanted to star in Pachinko even though his parts are so little , probably he thought his Westersn career .And he is right. And if his parts are really so little he already might think next work (my prediction) because if Hansu seems just EP1 , probably EP2 and Ep3 will be Sunja and his husband parts , so he will have free time during they filming husband parts. Probably LMH will have free time until cast will go to Japan. And his filming will end in Feb.He may chech next offers in his free time. 

I hope we figure out when he is done filming for pachinko. I do think he will have free time soon to look through his offers and see if he likes to pick one of them. I also wish we get an interview from LMH soon.  I get so excited when I think about what project LMH will choose after pachinko :highonflowers: I want a 16-18 episode Netflix drama please!!:please:  Do we start looking for writer and PD from now? Lol :joy:

yes pachinko is a good project and I’m glad he has it in his profile. After all, it is based on a best-seller and critically acclaimed book. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

EP 5 and EP6 (as Noah) 

Sorry @leeminhosnybut I have to, politely, disagree with your analysis. Hansu is a constant present in the book, in short moments, but unless they cast another actor for older Hansu I think we will see a bit of LMH in almost every chapter. The moments were Hansu disappears for longest are when Sunja arrives to Japan and until the war breaks and with adult Solomon. But, even them, he is pulling the strings or a constant memory for Sunja.

After reading the story, I understand that LMH won't be the main character (unless they change a lot the plot) but he will appear in several moments to move things forward and I guess we can expect him in a lot of chapters. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 4

On 11/29/2020 at 8:12 PM, lupeace said:

hi guys isnt this a japanese elementary school uniform or am i wrong? if its true then it means that they are shooting some japanese scenes in mokpo korea

@lupeace, you are correct, she appears to be wearing a seifuku, a sailor suit-type Japanese school uniform

En8-EVYVkAIEXwR?format=jpg&name=small

UmsTqsg.jpg

Japanese high school students wearing the seifuku

https://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/High_school

KMNAWJq.jpg

Japanese Jr. High School Students

http://69.49.197.197/albums/intl/japan29.html

• Like 8
  • Love 1