[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

3 hours ago, ferily said:

The leader of Cheongang btw, said that she will return when stars are bright or something along those lines... Is that foreshadowing that something bad is going to happen in the palace for her to return? Oh man, a bit worried now.

me too...who is this man?why does he want to kill the king?is he a spy too?wants revenge?

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Admittedly... I got curious about this drama after the re-cast. :) I think it's a welcome breather to see Na In Woo play a good guy for once after playing scorned second leads in dramas I've seen him in (Mystic Pop-up and Mr. Queen).

Started watching the last 30mins of Episode 8. Now I have to catch up on 7.5 episodes while watching Episode 9 simultaneously. Haha!

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

KBS’s “River Where the Moon Rises” has recorded its first rise in viewership ratings since its casting change.

According to Nielsen Korea, the March 15 episode of the drama recorded average nationwide ratings of 6.6 and 8.4 percent. Although “River Where the Moon Rises” has maintained consistent ratings in the 8 percent range since Na In Woo took over the role of On Dal, the ratings had seen slight drops with each episode. Therefore, this is the first time that the drama has marked a rise in ratings compared to the previous episode (6.1 and 8.3 percent).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1459382wpp/river-where-the-moon-rises-sees-small-rise-in-viewership-ratings

Great news!!!I'm so happy for them!!!

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Kim So Hyun Tries To Teach Na In Woo How To Fight In “River Where The Moon Rises”

KBS 2TV’s “River Where the Moon Rises” released new stills of Kim So Hyun and Na In Woo!

A reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale, “River Where the Moon Rises” is a drama that retells the famous love story of Princess Pyeonggang (Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (Na In Woo).

Spoilers

Previously, Pyeonggang announced her marriage to On Dal, and they started a new life together as newlyweds in Ghost Village. This was set up to deceive everyone, and it will be intriguing to find out how their relationship will affect everything in this game for power.

The newly released stills depict Pyeonggang and On Dal practicing how to fight. Pyeonggang turns into a patient but firm teacher, and she first teaches On Dal how to hold a sword. On Dal grins at her closeness, but Pyeonggang is nothing but serious as she instructs him. He looks lost and confused as he wields the sword, and it’s obvious he isn’t used to fighting with it. Unlike Pyeonggang who has mastered martial arts since childhood, On Dal has lived a life far away from swords, as instructed by his father On Hyup (Kang Ha Neul) in his will. So questions are raising about why Pyeonggang suddenly decided to teach him how to fight and why he decided to pick up the sword despite his beliefs.

Spoiler

river-where-the-moon-rises7.jpg

The drama’s production team stated, “Pyeonggang begins to teach On Dal martial arts with a big plan in mind. Please look forward to how the story of On Dal, a fool who met Princess Pyeonggang and became the leader of Goguryeo, will be portrayed in the drama.”

The next episode of “River Where the Moon Rises” airs on March 16 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1459458wpp/kim-so-hyun-tries-to-teach-na-in-woo-how-to-fight-in-river-where-the-moon-rises

i can't wait today ep...

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

22 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

The two of them and their first night..so innocent..   

I laughed when he grabbed her shoulders it looked like he wanted to wrestle with her 

and not kiss her..

i know...i can't wait for more scenes...i wonder when they'll decide to marry ...they should make a ceremony or something ...

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

@andy78Im a little disappointed that their marriage is fake but maybe its more interesting because

we are going to have a lot of fun scenes...I hope..  

Go Geon instinctively came to MY. I think she really likes him.

I love their scenes and how she always walks calmly to him.

Although I was surprised that he was so hurt. Its obvious that Dal is very strong.

EwkpvlHVEAMkMIP?format=jpg&name=900x900

KBS

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Glad you could join us @scribbledjunkie you came at the right time, the fun is just getting started! :Fist1:

I love this scene, the way Ondal gently reached out to hold her hand here and promised to protect uri Princess. Just as his father On Hyeob instructed him to do. He’s also keeping his promise to his father.

731-ADBDB-CA3-F-4-D11-BC18-4-BF3-CCA1-E3

Kudos and big applause to cast and crew for their efforts in re shooting scenes. These scenes are not just emotionally draining but also physically demanding. The PD’s style here in using overhead shots of their fight scenes look amazing.

Spoiler

0-F71-BC1-A-7-A7-E-489-B-8842-DB2-CCF628
D8-FDA1-D6-5-B36-410-E-951-F-D6-E9-E2-F5

More of uri OTP 

Spoiler

97-E4-F149-CB3-B-4-F64-B3-F0-76-BBFE866-
C1-EC5-CD1-7022-4-FE4-B055-910-AD206828-

Gif credits to silvertrhee

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Although I was surprised that he was so hurt. Its obvious that Dal is very strong.

yes he is...a gentle giant...i liked boys fighting for the girl they want...Go is sure the marriage is fake so he still thinks he will have her soon or later...

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

Little spoiler for Ep 10

thanks...i can't wait the subtitles

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Breeze said:

Episode 11 preview

Thanks ...omg what will happen next week?seems on dal mom will die?was that arrow meant for Gajin?seems Ondal will meet the monk JEOLLA general, and will learn more about that jerk GWP past...maybe he will also teach him he was a great general after all!!! will be a war or a silla  atack???seems Gajin will also meet her dad i think she asked him to forgive Dal tribe

Seems the second Queen son is GWP son...he still has his doubts but that easy woman insists the prince is their son!!!Dal tribe and Jeolla tribe are near border so when Silla atacks they are the first that must face it!!!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@andy78 I saw the preview too and omg! I hope On Dal’s mother doesn’t die (btw I’ve been wondering this for awhile, but that is his real mother right?) Also super happy that the ratings are going up! :blush:

@scribbledjunkie welcome! It’s never too late to join, glad to have you here :lol:

@rocher22 I was cracking up during that whole scene and when On Dal went out to burn off some steam too, lol! They are too cute together :bashful:

• Like 5

Omg so it looks like On Dal is going to learn swordsmanship from the monk! Honestly, On Dal's father never wanted On Dal to wield a sword and follow his steps, but we all know that he is going to be a general just like his father. It was something inevitable..

I said this before and I said it again, but Mo Yong and Go Geon look really good together, ugh I ship them 100 percent. Not just as a couple, but if the two of them work together, they'll be a powerful team. Mo Yong being a Shilla spy still makes me a bit sad but I really hope that later on in the drama, she'll side with Go Geon or her adoptive father... I think we all know that at this point, she does have some feelings for Go Geon

Speaking of Go Geon, ugh the drama setting it up where Go Geon is working together with his father. I just hope Go Geon won't turn his back on the Princess, Crown Prince OR the King! I hope when the time is come, he will make the right decision and side with Pyeonggang :criesariver:

Another solid episode today. Of course always enjoy the cute moments between On Dal and Pyeonggang, but today we move forward with the plot where Pyeonggang is going to bring Sunnobu back out of hiding and in the rightful place of the Jega Association. I'm excited and worried to see what will happen from now. Excited to see that the chief will become the 5th leader in the Jega Association but worried how many people might die from this move.. Plus with Go Geon trying to handle the royal family while his father taking care of the Jega Association, the princess will need all the help she can get taking down Go Won Pyo. (Btw Geon Mu is actually his son :scream: Okay honestly I know that the drama mention the rumors between Go Won Pyo and the Queen, but still OMG!)

Also the nanny finding out that On Dal is learning how to wield a sword, she obviously is not going to be happy because that was one of the requests from General On... I'm worried for her in next week's episode and hope she doesn't die! Also @andy78 aha yes I realize that it's the nanny and not his real mother after watching today's episode. I wasn't sure but now I know :D

PS... Subs, at least on Viki, came out SO FAST today! it was at 97% when it was only like 9:30AM PST! Kudos to all the subbers!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ferily said:

Excited to see that the chief will become the 5th leader in the Jega Association but worried how many people might die from this move.. Plus with Go Geon trying to handle the royal family while his father taking care of the Jega Association, the princess will need all the help she can get taking down Go Won Pyo. (Btw Geon Mu is actually his son :scream: Okay honestly I know that the drama mention the rumors between Go Won Pyo and the Queen, but still OMG!)

that's what that easy woman says....but who knows ?he might still be foolish king son and she lies GWP ...she will do anything to have her son king...somebody will try  to kill the princess...we see Go Won Pyo and his men atacking a place...i hope is not the village...On Dal is going to learn swordsmanship from the monk! Yes and is Gajin who tells him he needs to learn from the best...

• Like 3
  • Blob 1