[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

Is Wol Gwang from Jeollo tribe? If so, it means there are two tribes Sunno (Ondal’s tribe) and Jeollo that will be on the King’s side. Based on the folktale, Ondal becomes the rightful leader and General of his tribe and unites Gogoryeo’s tribes?

As we see in this week’s episodes, their neighboring Kingdom Silla might already be infiltrating Goguryeo’s kingdom thru Mo Yong. I don’t trust her at all. She’s very good at playing double sides depending on what suits her advantage. To make matters complicated, she seems to also have feelings for Go Geun. This could be one more reason for her to go against the Princess and Gogoryeo.

• Insightful 4
  • Blob 1

29 minutes ago, andy78 said:

i wonder if they are still part of the Jega Association after beeing charged with treason...

I think they assume the tribe is extinct? Or at least they are powerless as they hide in the Ghost Village now. Though with On Dal becoming part of the Princess' power (Have only seen half of Ep 8 right now), I assume that he could step up to lead his father's tribe?

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

I wonder how the Sunno tribe will be cleared of treason charges and reinstated into the Jega group? I mean, I don’t think the other tribes, esp Gyeru, would just accept Pyeonggang or Ondal’s “eyewitness” account, would they? So maybe it should come from someone with more authority and power? 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, shinkeru said:

I wonder how the Sunno tribe will be cleared of treason charges and reinstated into the Jega group?

maybe that's why he become general to clear his father name and his tribe honor

8 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Hey there Chingus, the Poll for this week's episode is up, please don't forget to vote 

i already voted...the first...

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Question 1 and 2 I picked "something else":

I admit, I had high expectations because I saw Na In Woo in Mr Queen. This role is of course completely different, so... somehow it was strange. Because I'm not sure whether they actually reshot, or just he shot only the scenes where it is seen from frontside that he is On Dal (without anyone else being in the frame)  - because oftentimes there was a shot on his face/body when others were talking, for no reason, and he was like-... mute. And it was weird, because of the way it was shot, his appearance. So that's why I will look forward to Episode 9, the time when he was originally supposed to reshoot everything. Unless they will just cut away Ji Soo and insert him again ? 

Also yes I knew he had a deep voice, but it was still strange, because he tries to sound less formal, and yet his voice. ,... more suited as Royal. Then again, he will soon become one.

Question 2: I'm assuming that the Princess will organise everything, and possibly it will be hindered AGAIN by Gochuga. Fool me once, fool me twice, fool me thrice? That could be the point where she stops expecting things from Gochuga's son.

As to question 3, I really don't like the makeup on her character. It makes her look extra slimy and sneaky lol. Her ambition is her drive. And possibly her attraction to Geon. 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Interesting poll. I think Na In Woo did his best under the circumstances. I imagine they deleted as much scenes as possible without ruining continuity of the story. I kinda felt bad for Na In Woo having to re enact those shots by himself just to give the scenes the right amount of emotions. I think he did well in that aspect. 

I’m not so familiar with sageuk politics so we’ll have to see if it’s only the King who needs to restore Sunno tribe. In this case, would it mean the King’s admission to his command in killing the Queen? 

I had a hard time deciding on number 3. If Mo Yong decides to be on Go Geun’s side, will that mean he would turn against the King and Princess Pyeonggang? I don’t really want him to do that lol. Actually, I don’t see how she would be able to do that. From her backstory, I think it’s only to confirm her character as a complete villain. So she might have a hard time doing anything not “villainy”. From a young age, she was in an environment where she most likely had to learn skills and scheming tactics in order to survive. Her surroundings, the people around her at that young age also would have given her glimpses of shady behavior and that would have also helped define and shape her moral compass to the downside. Would it be possible for her to have redemption? It could be possible. Though it’s going to be harder for someone who was brought up in the way that she was. 

Edited by shinkeru
  • Like 5
  • Blob 1

Watch: “River Where The Moon Rises” Cast And Crew Play Pranks On Each Other On Set

Watch: “River Where The Moon Rises” Cast And Crew Play Pranks On Each Other On Set

KBS released a fun behind-the-scenes video of the “River Where the Moon Rises” cast and crew playing silly pranks on each other between takes.

The jokes begin when Kim So Hyun accidentally messes up a take by looking up too fast and she quips, “I did that so I could leave faster.” On the throne, Kim Bup Rae (who plays King Pyeongwon) closes his eyes to focus, but Lee Ji Hoon playfully sneaks behind him and makes finger hearts before tapping on the shoulder and ducking down behind the throne. On his second attempt, however, Kim Bup Rae catches him red-handed.

Later, Lee Ji Hoon tells the director, “I wanted to buy a lot of Pepero, but they were all sold out.” The director asks, “Is it Pepero Day?” and Lee Ji Hoon confirms that it is. Pepero Day is November 11 in Korea and it is custom to give Pepero (thin cookie-like sticks dipped in chocolate) to one’s friends. The director says sternly, “You should have given some to Kim So Hyun,” and Lee Ji Hoon says that he did. In mock affront, the director says, “So I was the only one you didn’t give them to?”

Kim So Hyun finds herself cracking up in fits of laughter even in a serious scene like when Choi Yu Hwa is being dragged by guards. Choi Yu Hwa and the other cast members catch her infectious laughter and laugh too, while the director jokes, “It’s coffee time!” (The scene involves drinking a potion that looks like “coffee”.) The reason for Kim So Hyun’s frequent laughter is shown when the director throws himself into each scene, over-acting each character’s part and shouting all the lines passionately to demonstrate to the actors what he wants to see.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1458801wpp/watch-river-where-the-moon-rises-cast-and-crew-play-pranks-on-each-other-on-set

Lol at GG’s very serious character and LJH actual personality:joy:. And KSH’s laugh, omg she’s so cute:wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

@Breeze Is that Ga Jin and Oh Dal holding hands?.

Yes :yaaa: Gajin and new Ondal's hands ;) 

34 minutes ago, shinkeru said:

Here’s a short preview of our soon-to-be groom! Dare I say, this looks really good. And this scene is not even with uri Princess yet!

If Hae Mo Yong doesn't do anything ,her love General Go will marry with the princess  . That's why she needs to prepare Ondal :sweat_smile:

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, Breeze said:

If Hae Mo Yong doesn't do anything ,her love General Go will marry with the princess  . That's why she needs to prepare Ondal 

Hahaha that’s true! 
But General Go is not in love with her though. Maybe she needs to make herbal love potion?! :scream: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

2 hours ago, shinkeru said:

Here’s a short preview of our soon-to-be groom! Dare I say, this looks really good. And this scene is not even with uri Princess yet!

thanks so much @shinkeru...so romantic...he is so sure she loves him too...Hae Mo Yong is doing something right once in her life:helps OTP...I'm sure is doing that only because she wants to stop the wedding...she HAS FEELINGS FOR GO!!!

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1