season of swords and destiny

Lmangla

hey ya chingus! welcome to the season of swords and destiny.

for those who don't know, August 15 was Korea's Independence day. inspired, we decided to create an event season focused on saeguks (historical themed kdramas) and having a re-watch of some classics. we are organizing re-watch parties for the following dramas -- Empress Ki, Moon embracing the sun and Faith.

so if you are missing Ji Chang Wook from Backstreet Rookie, join @partyon @Jillia and others with Empress Ki!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLmGHjTmh9f0Mp6aDFaJa

if you are missing Kim Soo Hyun from Its okay, join @Berou @MinLyn and others for Moon embracing the sun

hqdefault.jpg

if you are missing Lee Min Ho from the King, then join me and others for Faith.

photo250932.jpg

it may be old but there are reasons why these dramas were well-received and loved. if you have never watched, find out the reason why they were popular. if you have watched them before, come and re-discover these dramas. why don't you join us? every week, the community along with the staff will watch 2 episodes. you can watch any day that is convenient for you but post your responses to the episodes no later than Wednesday each week. we will be posting our comments in the drama thread itself -- Empress Ki -- Moon embracing the sun -- Faith. so just like mon-tuesday dramas, we discuss from wednesday till the following mon/tuesday. to learn more, check out those drama threads for the re-watch details.

if you are joining us, please let us know so that we can tag each other and form a little team. we will also be creating special polls during the re-watch. are you excited? lets have fun!

:hooray2:

re: @partyon

I saw the invitation on "Moon Embracing The Sun" thread first and made a promise before seeing this announcement :D.  I didn't know there are two other dramas ha ha.  But it's fine.... I'll be revisiting the sageuk mentioned. 

Thank you for the lively event.

kekekek... no prizes @H0ney; only the fun of watching an old drama as a group; sometimes we want to watch an oldie but it is so boring to watch alone and we think how fun it would be to have a re-watch party no? :)

7 hours ago, JungRok said:

Should have put Lee Joon Gi saeguk drama in this thread.. Iljimae!! Hahaha

kekeke... how can we miss lee joon ki right now? he is doing a great job in flower of evil. are you watching?

but thanks for the recommendation -- we will add it to the potential list; if there is more interest for re-watch parties, we will see how we can organize some ones further along.

so chingus, if you have other dramas you would love to re-watch as a group, let us know!

@joccu ~ here is the link for the empress ki thread where the re-watch will happen

@sharoon0136 ~ here is the link for the moon embracing the sun thread where the re-watch will happen

@UnniSarah ~ here is the link for the faith thread where the re-watch will happen

2 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

I saw the invitation on "Moon Embracing The Sun" thread first and made a promise before seeing this announcement :D.  I didn't know there are two other dramas ha ha.  But it's fine.... I'll be revisiting the sageuk mentioned. 

Thank you for the lively event.

kekeke... we wanted to have a few dramas that chingus could choose from for a re-watch. and we decided to pick saeguk dramas of actors who had recently finished a drama run and folks may be missing. :)  you can join all 3 re-watch parties if you like! :lol: just depends on how much time you have. so feel free to join another one besides moon if you are interested....

Wow, we have so many friends who are joining the re-watch parties! I think we counted that there are at least 10 people in every re-watch group!

Is it the power of oppa that is making everyone so excited, or just the historical theme? :joy:

ff9b0872a851471801522f2f28c0e0c0.jpg

(Credit to owner mentioned in picture)

Archived