[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] You Are My Glory 你是我的光耀

sugarplum892

the real institution CNSA even share the stories of 2 real "Jing Jing", love how they appreciate the drama :wub:

https://twitter.com/kalaither/status/1431878789860970496

if I have one complaint for this drama, it's BGM, there were times when I felt that the BGM brings different mood/vibe with the scene, I love jazz but that one particular jazz song feels more like a filler when it should be something more to built the scene even more :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

14 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Watching ep12 now...

I think the playing games part is very tedious...i get that Tencent want to intro their games to the audience..  but 12 episodes of it... its tiring... 

Yes, the game aspect seems to occupy the better part of the first half of the drama. In spite of this, I enjoyed it when YT and QJJ played together, side by side. They both looked so cute.

What I found tedious was YT job. A few episodes were booked solid with just YT and his job. But, hey, it's Yang Yang so I still watched without much skipping to the next scene. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Yes, the game aspect seems to occupy the better part of the first half of the drama. In spite of this, I enjoyed it when YT and QJJ played together, side by side. They both looked so cute.

What I found tedious was YT job. A few episodes were booked solid with just YT and his job. But, hey, it's Yang Yang so I still watched without much skipping to the next scene. 

Haha.. im watching it because of Yang Yang as well.. he is as stiff as before ya... and very serious...

How many more episodes of the game aspect can i expect from this?... i want more plot than just playing games.. sigh

8 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Haha.. im watching it because of Yang Yang as well.. he is as stiff as before ya... and very serious...

How many more episodes of the game aspect can i expect from this?... i want more plot than just playing games.. sigh

The game training basically ends when QJJ takes part in the invitational game.

They still play game every now and then but not as intensely focused as before. 

Hehehe...and yes, Yang Yang has not lost all of the stiffness but much improved.

Maybe it's the roles that are given to him, they are a bit on the formal side or the serious side. 

I enjoyed the drama immensely.

Both the leads are my favorites and they look so good together without being overwhelming. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 7:53 AM, ElleSor said:

The game training basically ends when QJJ takes part in the invitational game.

They still play game every now and then but not as intensely focused as before. 

Hehehe...and yes, Yang Yang has not lost all of the stiffness but much improved.

Maybe it's the roles that are given to him, they are a bit on the formal side or the serious side. 

I enjoyed the drama immensely.

Both the leads are my favorites and they look so good together without being overwhelming. 

Thanks for the update... i shall carry on watching the drama... slowly . :D

--- 

Am at ep17... i still think the plot didnt move much... thank god for the ff button.. sigh

So it took 20 episodes for the plot to move.. ha

---

Finish the drama with a lot of forwarding.. it was okay i guess , but seriously that ep1-16 had too much gaming scenes...

And despite being together for 7 years (dating and marriage) they still didnt have a child in the end - that rocket launcher being the substitute child, i guess... hehhe..,  they are already 38/39 years old by time... it would be difficult for Jing2 to give birth, no? They talk about having kids but never materialises.. sigh... 

• LOL 1

7 hours ago, Dana T said:

I'm dying to watch this but currently it's not available on any platforms I have. Netflix, iqyi or Viki. Anyone heard when it might be picked up by another carrier? The YouTube videos look amazing!

I watched this on Dramanice. Sorry if I'm not allowed to post the platform here. Please delete my post if this is not allowed.

It's complete there and the subs are understandable. 

On 9/12/2021 at 3:38 AM, Dana T said:

I'm dying to watch this but currently it's not available on any platforms I have. Netflix, iqyi or Viki. Anyone heard when it might be picked up by another carrier? The YouTube videos look amazing!

You can watch it on WeTV or TencentVideo. Let's support the legal one *`\(^0^)/`*

Really liked this drama. It's not the usual kind I watch, but it was unique. I'm a big fan of meta e.g. drama within a drama, so the portrayal of Jing Jing's life as an actress was enjoyable to watch. I don't play video games but found the gaming part really enjoyable. It was a platform that brought in so many people and interactions. I liked the organic mishaps like accidentally keeping the audio on and Zhai Liang hearing Jing Jing mention Yu Tu was at her place. I can easily accept that happening in real life. A lot of the dialogue in Chinese was quite witty. I think overall, it's just refreshing to watch a drama that doesn't have to use contrived conflicts and extended love triangles. Normal, everyday life dilemmas are just as acceptable and satisfying to see resolved by mature adults. 

• Like 3

On 9/23/2021 at 10:04 AM, Nudafu said:

Really liked this drama. It's not the usual kind I watch, but it was unique. I'm a big fan of meta e.g. drama within a drama, so the portrayal of Jing Jing's life as an actress was enjoyable to watch. I don't play video games but found the gaming part really enjoyable. It was a platform that brought in so many people and interactions. I liked the organic mishaps like accidentally keeping the audio on and Zhai Liang hearing Jing Jing mention Yu Tu was at her place. I can easily accept that happening in real life. A lot of the dialogue in Chinese was quite witty. I think overall, it's just refreshing to watch a drama that doesn't have to use contrived conflicts and extended love triangles. Normal, everyday life dilemmas are just as acceptable and satisfying to see resolved by mature adults. 

Yes, this drama is actually very slice of life...the life of a well-known actress and her genius classmate turned BF.

I love how they both are very good looking in real life and in the drama. 

On a 2nd watch, I realised I missed something. During their breakup, Jing Jing gets a party invitation by the aerospace agency that Yu Tu works at. Considering Jing Jing's promo of the agency's product was pro bono, I don't think she would've been obligated to go. I thought she refused but she did agree to go. That would've been awkward if she was still at odds with Yu Tu. It would've been a great scene to see though. Actually, it would've still been fun to see them turn up at the party, pretending to only be still acquaintances but in fact they were already a couple. 

I'm reading the novel too. I know the scriptwriter was the author, but wow, the novel is almost the actual script of the drama. Minus some POVs. They can make the difference. Like the scene when Yu Tu and Jing Jing have their first fight. Yu Tu's comments seemed mean and inappropriate, but what came after in his inner thoughts changed that 'scene' after reading the novel. There is no overt explanation, but it sounds like he was hit with an emotional epiphany. It's sort of left for the reader to decide what that epiphany was about. I interpreted that Yu Tu found he was aware how much he hurt Jing Jing by what he said, and more so, how he felt about that. It sounded like Yu Tu felt so strongly because Jing Jing must mean something different to him. Different to anything he has experienced before. I thought it was a pivotal turning point for Yu Tu's character. It's sort of hinted by Yu Tu's reaction in the drama, but not in it's entirety. Then I again, I think that works for the drama too. Because it gives that realistic sense of someone who has words but doesn't know how to express them. 

• Like 4

On 9/24/2021 at 7:36 PM, Nudafu said:

On a 2nd watch, I realised I missed something. During their breakup, Jing Jing gets a party invitation by the aerospace agency that Yu Tu works at. Considering Jing Jing's promo of the agency's product was pro bono, I don't think she would've been obligated to go. I thought she refused but she did agree to go. That would've been awkward if she was still at odds with Yu Tu. It would've been a great scene to see though. Actually, it would've still been fun to see them turn up at the party, pretending to only be still acquaintances but in fact they were already a couple. 

I'm reading the novel too. I know the scriptwriter was the author, but wow, the novel is almost the actual script of the drama. Minus some POVs. They can make the difference. Like the scene when Yu Tu and Jing Jing have their first fight. Yu Tu's comments seemed mean and inappropriate, but what came after in his inner thoughts changed that 'scene' after reading the novel. There is no overt explanation, but it sounds like he was hit with an emotional epiphany. It's sort of left for the reader to decide what that epiphany was about. I interpreted that Yu Tu found he was aware how much he hurt Jing Jing by what he said, and more so, how he felt about that. It sounded like Yu Tu felt so strongly because Jing Jing must mean something different to him. Different to anything he has experienced before. I thought it was a pivotal turning point for Yu Tu's character. It's sort of hinted by Yu Tu's reaction in the drama, but not in it's entirety. Then I again, I think that works for the drama too. Because it gives that realistic sense of someone who has words but doesn't know how to express them. 

I know right? Reading the book gives us a perspective to the inner thoughts of the writer and the characters. Like in YAMG drama series, I skipped some parts which were too technical for me but in the novel I couldn't skip because it was an easy read. This is the reason why I like to read the novel before or after watching the drama series. It gives me some insight which I may have missed. 

• Like 1

EVENT Alert! What do you think should happen next? Calling all drama viewers who have an opinion on which direction a drama should be heading in. Here is your chance to play PDnim. Participate in this joint screenwriting game and lets see what kind of drama Soompi chingus come up with. Surely, it will be better than some of the duds we have been subjected to, right? :lol:

re: @partyon, @Lmangla, @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart, @agenth

• Wiggle 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2021 at 10:30 AM, ElleSor said:

I re-watch YAMG every now and then...the epis where YY and DD interact more often.

They really look so good together.

Went back too  and rewatched every episode and every little clue ...with excellent translation I felt like I too spoke Mandarin LOL 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] You Are My Glory 你是我的光耀
  • 2 months later...

After struggling to log in my soompi account! I am finally here... wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I am obsessed with this drama... so much that I actually bought the novel (mind you I can't read chinese) and watched clips on daily basis!

I always love a good slow burn drama and this one just fit the bills. I liked that she was head over heels over him in the first third and then the tables turned. And when they got together... ahhh my heart! I felt like a fool smiling from ear to ear. Who am I kidding. 

I am a fool watching them everyday, smiling.

Now... I shall change my profile gifs soon when I found the one I really like from YAMG. Till then!

edit: 

changed it! Eye kisses is so smexy 

Edited by Far^away
Need clarification. Lol
  • Like 2
  • Wiggle 1