[Drama 2020/2021] True Beauty, 여신강림

0ly40

4 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@agenth

For me I was confused like I thought he disliked Ju Gyung so why did he save her in that scene? Was it because he has a heart and wanted to be nice LoL? But yea his dad's a P.O.S. I'm curious to know what Seo Joon's story is. Like they mentioned he took leave over family matters something about his mom? 

Su Ho reminds me of Yoo Joong of Cheese in the Trap. I don't get the comparison with Seo Joon and Young Do from The Heirs. 'Cause Young Do was really mean to the fl. 

I don't think the ML particularly dislikes the Pretty Girl in school. He just seems to loathe everyone equally and the second male lead especially. Everyone is the same to him, probably, akin to sycophants and people who just want something of him or are superficial. Thats why he treats everyone like crap so they leave him alone. 

He was treating her badly, because she kept trying to talk to him in school (when she assumed that he knew who she was in reality), to him it must have looked like she was coming on to him.

Then again I recanted my opinion when assuming that he knows the real her. Either he does or he is feeling especially merciful. The other kids didn't exactly bully her, they were just all over-the-top concerned since they accidentally caked her, though from the Male's perspective it might have looked like bullying? 

• Like 1

I had a good time watching the first 2 eps and I love the casting. Moon Gayoung has always been good at  comedic scenes so I had no doubt she will nail Jugyeong's character. Cha Eunwoo as a cold character is better here compared to MIIGB, probably because Suho as a character has more personality than Kyungseok. Hwang Inyeop is really charming as Seojun and he really does look like Lee Junki. 

I think at this point it's quite clear that Suho is starting to be fond of the comic book girl and enjoying her company. He spent the day until night with her in the store, and he went out of his way to find out her number, asked her to meet up at the cafe at night to return the book, but then ordered a drink for her which means he wants to spend some time with her.

And I think the only reason he would help her at the end of episode 2 is because he at least has started to suspect she's the comic store girl? Or else he'd have no reason to help her seeing how he treated the 'make up' Jugyeong so far.

I also need explanation as to why he didn't notice her name in the agreement. Maybe he just didn't care abt her name & didnt take a good look at it? I don't think he pretended after that because he seems genuinely didnt know yet when Jugyeong called him to the rooftop.

• Like 2

Maybe bc I watch a lot of Japanese dramas idk but the cringyness/over the top-ness doesn't bother me lol. 

I'm pretty sure Suho knew by the end which if so I'm glad they aren't dragging it out bc he's a smart kid he should be able to put two and two together. It shouldn't take all season long. 

• Like 3

As a person who has read the webtoon, here is my take.

__Spoiler___

Spoiler

There are a lot of things that are yet to revealed properly. Both Suho & Seojun were once friend. Suho has emotional scars & Seojun problem are more monetary. However, there is one thing that caused the feud between them which was emotionally unbearable for both especially Suho. I hope PD concentrate more on their friendship thn love triangle. 

In webtoon, Lee Suho is my favourite character coz he has heart irrespective of how cold he looks. I particularly enjoyed his friendship with Seojun (when it was shown) & his relationship with girl was so comfortable. It was all about their real self. I don't know how it will be depicted here. 

__Spoiler end__

So, far I am enjoying it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I totally love the first 2 epis!! So cute and made me guffaw several times.

I guess in this time of COVID, I really need a drama that is light and makes me laugh. 

And this is in the midst of beauty issues, suicide and bullying. 

Thank you Drama Gods for giving me something to look forward to. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ElleSor said:

I totally love the first 2 epis!! So cute and made me guffaw several times.

I guess in this time of COVID, I really need a drama that is light and makes me laugh. 

And this is in the midst of beauty issues, suicide and bullying. 

Thank you Drama Gods for giving me something to look forward to. 

This I can agree with. This is honestly a cheesy, cliche, rom com and im okay with that. Though there will be heavy topics explored but probably not in a very heavy way. Thats why I really appreicate the humor because it balances it out. Not every drama needs to Penthouse. Sometimes we all just need something to help us forget how much this past year has sucked and this drama definitely helps with that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silverdream said:

This I can agree with. This is honestly a cheesy, cliche, rom com and im okay with that. Though there will be heavy topics explored but probably not in a very heavy way. Thats why I really appreicate the humor because it balances it out. Not every drama needs to Penthouse. Sometimes we all just need something to help us forget how much this past year has sucked and this drama definitely helps with that.

I know right? The situation right now is scary enough and heavy enough that I just want a light and happy drama. I know that there are going to be some heavy topics later on but most of the time I'm thinking this is going to be a breeze. 

• Like 1

Just now, ElleSor said:

I know right? The situation right now is scary enough and heavy enough that I just want a light and happy drama. I know that there are going to be some heavy topics later on but most of the time I'm thinking this is going to be a breeze. 

Oh absolutely. And I think that's why this drama appeals to all ages. We all want the same thing. Plus the humor is so good. The drama really has some laugh at loud moments and makes you want to rewatch it. Yes most of this will be a breeze. And I like that they are going to address heavy topics cause it can start a discussion and I'm honestly looking forward to that.

1. Both times that Suho acted extremely rude had to do with photos of him. The first time was when the girl confessed and had pictures of him. First of all where did she find those photos? There was also a photo that was zoomed in on before he knocked it out of her hands. It makes me wonder why that photo triggered him. The second time was when a girl took photos of him without his consent, I think that is especially important to remember. It was revealed by Sujin to Ju-gyeong that she should have known he didn't like having his picture taken. So while it may extreme to the viewer, it is implied that this is known around the school. Suho is rude but I honestly feel there is a reason behind it. I'm sure more will be revelaed.

2. I like how they are addressing both sides of the coin when it comes to issues. For instance, Ju-gyeong got bullied so badly that she learned how to use makeup just be accepted. She didn't even have a friend until she became pretty. On the other hand, Suho, who has natural good looks is constantly getting attention when he just wants to be left alone. Another example is social media. In Ju-gyeong's case she used social media to make friends because she didn't have any in real life. In the first episode we find out a celebrity Seyeon commited suicide because of comments left by netizens on social media. 

3. I like that their characters are very flat right now because it will be easier to see their character growth as the series continues. 

That's all I have for now. 

Edited by silverdream
  • Like 1

I am getting MIIGB vibes.  Only difference is plastic surgery In MIIGB / advanced make-up in TB. Yep. CEW has improved a lot.  Its like giving him a second chance to do the same type of character, second time.    But i feel Kang Mi Rae was written well with the best make-up than the IJY character where you can easily say that with/without makeup its the same person. 

And what???? the second ML is 29 y.o.  wow!!! unbelievable.  He is so young.   I did see him in 18 again, but cannot believe he is 29.    Anyway I liked the 2 episodes and see how it progresses this week to continue.  fighting!!!!!!

I rewatched JG & Suho's helmet scene & just realized that JG took Suho's straw (that he has already used) to drink her hot coffee with helmet on, and Suho didn't seem to mind at all lol. So I guess they had their first (indirect) kiss.. -_-

• Like 4

10 hours ago, silverdream said:

1. Both times that Suho acted extremely rude had to do with photos of him. The first time was when the girl confessed and had pictures of him. First of all where did she find those photos? There was also a photo that was zoomed in on before he knocked it out of her hands. It makes me wonder why that photo triggered him. The second time was when a girl took photos of him without his consent, I think that is especially important to remember. It was revealed by Sujin to Ju-gyeong that she should have known he didn't like having his picture taken. So while it may extreme to the viewer, it is implied that this is known around the school. Suho is rude but I honestly feel there is a reason behind it. I'm sure more will be revelaed.

The photo thing definitely has me thinking Suho was an idol trainee along with Seojun, because the photos were clearly "modeling" or "photoshoot" style pictures. The camera emphasized his reaction specifically to them rather than to the confession, and of course Sujin pointing out he hates having his picture taken like you said.

Plus, they made his father the CEO for Heegyeong's entertainment company, which I think is an interesting change from the comics that further connects Suho to the idol trainee side. 

Spoiler

I think Suho probably blames the celebrity life, his own father, and of course himself for not saving Seyeon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rosie Lavender said:

Anw anyone know who'll be the ML?  Is it suho or seojun?  I hope it's suho

The 1st lead might seem ambiguous in the webtoon, but in the drama it's obvious that Suho is the 1st lead. Just see the order of casting, drama intro, the relationship chart, even the BTS videos, everything points to Suho as the 1st lead so no need to worry :)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, shunnie said:

The 1st lead might seem ambiguous in the webtoon, but in the drama it's obvious that Suho is the 1st lead. Just see the order of casting, drama intro, the relationship chart, even the BTS videos, everything points to Suho as the 1st lead so no need to worry :)

Yeah I was so scared because in the webtoon, we still don't know who will be with jungkyung in the end...  Thank you so much anw

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rosie Lavender said:

Yeah I was so scared because in the webtoon, we still don't know who will be with jungkyung in the end...  Thank you so much anw

As a reader of the webtoon, I'm still pretty sure Suho is also 1st lead in the webtoon, since (webtoon spoiler below):

Spoiler

In the latest chapters of the webtoon, she already broke up with Seojun and it's clear the author is leading her back to be with Suho with how he actively pursues her now and she clearly starts to have feelings for him again. I think there's no way the author will make her go back to Seojun again in the end, or she will become such an unlikeable girl, going back and forth between the two of them..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1