[Drama 2020/2021] True Beauty, 여신강림

0ly40

OMG love this drama and I cannot believe I was so busy I missed the premiere. I watched it over the weekend (not read the webtoon) but LOVE LOVE this drama so far.

Moon Ga Young is gorgeous and she is believable as not pretty (but it is stretching it a BIT mainly due to BAD skin) but she is still gorgeous to me.

Cha Eun Woo his character is reminiscent MY ID IS GANGNAM BEAUTY to me is VERY strong.

Looking forward to the new episodes but now 9:43am here and I have to wait til I get off work. TT

I found these videos to tide me over

Making of episode 2

Sorry if this is posted already VOGUE KOREA has the cast pose for gorgeous pics and do a game to see how well they know each other. CUTE CUTE!

• Like 2

Thanks my dear friend @Jillia Always love seeing friends in other forums.

As I am at work, snowstorm is now coming tonight til tomorrow. I have all this work but I WANT to know today's episode. LOL thanks for the clips my friend.

Ahh just watched the clips thanks to my dear pal @Jillia

Clip 1

-our FL denies she is the pretty gal in school. the ML is like no it is YOU!

He even corners her to the wall and pulls the hair band out of her hair. To my EYES you are her!

-Even as our FL denies, her mom at that moment comes and says her name LOUDLY. Caught!

Deer in headlights, then FL is like--so what I am HER.

Clip2

-Leaves house and has smoky eyes look, mom is not liking it, bro knows is smoky eyes look and dad is encouraging her saying "hwaiting!"

-She decides to to call ML head on

-Even uses a character (not sure about this part) she says stuff

-Then she loses momentum

-Then runs over to him and on her knees begs him to not say anything. She asks he keep it secret. He says no and then adds I will do EVERYTHING you ask me to do. Then he looks like angel she stands up.

-He slowly repeats you mean do everything I ask (white wings change to black)

Clip 3

-FL in her casual getup rushes out and bumps into some drunk guys at table in front of store

-They say many degrading and nasty things due to her ugly looks

-Very hateful and she runs to ML

-He gets the stuff and notices her knee is bleeding, he says how come she has no umbrella, she is like, oh you want an umbrella? She was about to go buy one.

-He is like no. How come you came out without one.

-Then they exchange words. It comes out she is upset as he asked her to do errand and she lets him know how he is always belittled and put down for her looks (not her fault) for being ugly. A good looking person like you would not know what it is like. (She said more)

-He puts his jacket over her and has her sit down. He runs to the store.

***I think this clip is turning point for our ML regarding FL. He already was having good feelings for her and then realized her true identity with makeup at school. He is going to like her alot --how can he not? She likes manhwa, she is encouraging and nice to him naturally and he feels comfortable around her.

I think LIVE ON is cute and I am thinking of starting The Uncanny Counter myself.

• Like 2

@Jillia I know what you mean about being behind on dramas. I took half days on Friday and Monday and it HELPED me catch up. LOL. I just did quick translations of the clips you posted here. Darn it wish there were more posts my friend.

Liking the trio in TRUE BEAUTY alot and thanks for the recommendation for The Uncanny Counter.

Yeah LIVE ON is cute and I watched the most recent episode RAW and got the jist. The story is easy breezy. Finally that secret person loading the stuff online is FINALLY found out. (Then again the web drama is ending soon.)

Not sure if this was posted before but I saw this and it is subbed by VIU Singapore--cast interview

Gosh another video released some clips from last week

Another clip withKim Sang Hyeop Director--I guess some stories (?)

• Like 1

So that's why Su Ho helped Ju Gyung after the cake incident.. he read her note. Poor Ju Gyung for barging in the wrong venue for her audition LMFAo!!! I wonder did she get pointers from Cha Eun Woo, her co-star who's also a KPop idol eheheh? 

What's the bad blood between Su Ho & Seo Joon anyways?! From the glare he gave Su Ho's dad oof. Looks like Seo Joon is trying to make Su Ho miserable by snatching Ju Gyung away (lucky girl!)

The bit where Su Ho made Ju Gyung run his errands remind me of a J-anime Wolf Girl and Black Prince. Ju Gyung's sis was awesome in changing the teacher's flat tire. Him marvelling over her, he's such a fanboy LoL.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just finished watching ep 3 and despite this drama's cheesy tropes and cringey moments, I'm loving every moment lol. It's lightheart and great way to end this interesting year we've all had. 

Only prior drama I've seen MGY in was Tempted and I really like her in this totally opposite role! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

So that's why Su Ho helped Ju Gyung after the cake incident.. he read her note. Poor Ju Gyung for barging in the wrong venue for her audition LMFAo!!! I wonder did she get pointers from Cha Eun Woo, her co-star who's also a KPop idol eheheh? 

What's the bad blood between Su Ho & Seo Joon anyways?! From the glare he gave Su Ho's dad oof. Looks like Seo Joon is trying to make Su Ho miserable by snatching Ju Gyung away (lucky girl!)

The bit where Su Ho made Ju Gyung run his errands remind me of a J-anime Wolf Girl and Black Prince. Ju Gyung's sis was awesome in changing the teacher's flat tire. Him marvelling over her, he's such a fanboy LoL.

cant wait for ep 4 !!!! 

Seo Joon looks very cute and handsome tooo..

she will date seo joon ?? go see the preview for ep 4.. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, balletgoddess said:

I just finished watching ep 3 and despite this drama's cheesy tropes and cringey moments, I'm loving every moment lol. It's lightheart and great way to end this interesting year we've all had. 

I agree. :lol: I must be in the mood for the familiar.  There’s nothing mindblowingly new in this drama but it’s just a fun watch.  I really like MGY and her character JuKyeong.  She’s cute and puts a smile on my face. 

• Like 3

I usually wait for dramas to finish airing but this is one of those exceptions~ Lots of shojou cliches but that's what makes it enjoyable :heart: Definitely enjoying it for the light-hearted fluffy clean romance and the eye candy. 

• Like 2

Episode 3...

Ah Jincha...Its Heirs 2.0 in Some Parts too Prevelant.

Again Disclaimer-I HAVE NOT READ THE WEBTOON.

I love IJGs Unnie, Had I been a Boy I would have fallen for her Staright Away.She does get the Swag from.Her Mom.

Teacher Fawning over Unnie...Loved it.

IJGs Brother is a Savage Guy, He puys Ideas into her mind that Should not exist Lol.

What is with her WILD Imagination? IJG made Suho Count Dracula Lmao...

Seojoon is Sexy AF. Suho is Intense and Cute.

I am not sure which Slow mo Faux Hand grabbing (Again Heirs 2.0 feels), swipe to side scene and Intensity gave me thump thump.But at this Point I am like Let THE POOR Girl Live Lol.

She had Better Balance Today, only 1 Falling scene.

The one where she laid Limp and the entire family ignored her teen issues for Lol and Sad, Parents should LISTEN TO teens, their issues are Problems which can leave scar if not taken seriously.IJG almost comitted Suicide, she left Voice Notes, her Mom did not listen to those Ok, but calling Her Ugly is not helping.

Her eldest daughter earns money and is NOT MARRIED, why was She mocked with Marriage question? No Fair!!

Suho NEEDS To talk, He talks no sense and then Expects IJG to understand Him? Manchild Manchild.Tsuendre Manchild (He is a Kid lost one at that, He blurted the truth then kept saying sweet things to make His housekeeper happy ,Aww)

Seojoon was all Starry eyed thinking IJG gave him a confession letter.Again MANCHILD.Hahahaa.

IJG anger and cry on Suho and plea to let her breathe makes you feel sad, we have all being there at one point, Life sucks motto dont make it murkier.

Suho taking care of IJG , waiting in the rain , Seojoon going all How dare he Feels happy with someone and vowing to snatch away or something on those lines And then the Last Scene...I just want to have lunch with you...Oh Kim Tan and Young Do 2.0 (baby LMH v/s baby LJG/KWB ) wow. I am not sure if Seojoon was meant to talk like that or was his inspiration from KWB but it does feel Eerily similar.

As someone said, Instead of giving SJ the Helmet back,maybe while the brother sister fight Their dad should have been given the Helmet, He keeps on getting Smacked for some Very Odd Reason Lol.

IJG can dance Well, her Teacher could Have said deleted or Stopped the Presentation or PUT ON THE LIGHTS before her Performance, what was with that Stupidity? lmao.

IJGs classmate chic ...has a background story AS WELL.How many do we need to uncover? Oh well..lets see.

• Like 2

so episode 3. 

Some parts I like, others I don't.

The heroine's cluelessness ... part of the character, I know. But when he tries to be nice to her in a backhanded way, and she's still so clueless. Like when he brought lunch for at least 2 people (or perhaps 3, 4, what with all the side dishes). And he tells her it's because it would be leftover otherwise and she's immediately thinking, oh right I'm just your garbage disposal XD.  I mean she bemoans her fate for running his errands, when she's the one who said she'd do 'anything' to keep her secret. She could have just chanced it. But sorry, that's me being off script. 

Her over-the-top-ness. It probably is due to the webtoon turned into a drama, but when she and other characters talk in a normal voice or even louder voice with themselves or other people,  about people barely half a meter away. Clearly they could hear it, but nope, not in this dramaworld. I like it more when the dramatics is in her imagination (like the cosplay world) rather than when the scene is set in the real world. Like suho said, Jukyeong reaaally is a bad actress. 

Jukyeong is so dramatic that her family probably ignores half the stuff she does/says. 

I like the family parts, the dynamics of her family. The brother who teases her, and her ongoing feud with him, but in reality he loves her too, otherwise he wouldn't keep his mouth shut. 

Suho... sigh. It's a bit hard to get into him by episode 3 as he still plays the lone wolf, while Seojun has all these fool, but nice friends that support him. 

Ah the ending scene. Randomly Seojun comes around the same parts as Suho and Jukyeong, and of course now is the time he hears what people say from some metres away. He hears her name being called, and her without her makeup. 

Seojun makes a statement by clearly provoking Suho, who doesn't react much when being told he killed his friend, but grabs the collar when Seojun decides to blatantly sit next to Jukyeong. 

Ah, the drama! I am interested in finding out more about Seojun and Suho at this stage than Jukyeong and the two boys. 

• Like 1

I'm really enjoying this drama so far! Much like most of you, I think it's a good drama to end the year with: light-hearted, funny and sweet. I wonder how they will change the love triangle in this drama because it's quite different in the webtoon.

Spoiler

Since she dates Seo-jun after Suho leaves, and inevitably has broken up with him now that Suho is back.

That said, I think Moon Ga-young is just lovely. She is carrying this show on her back. While Cha Eun-woo still feels a little green, he bounces off her well. I also really enjoy her chemistry with In-yeop! There is a lot to love about this light-hearted series. I hope it stays this way through the end. :fullofhearts:

• Like 3

That bit of Extraordinary You parody in ep. 04 was so priceless eheheh. 

Lovin' ep. 04 as there were tons of moments between Seo Joon/Ju Gyung. And it looks like Su Ho is liking her for real as his jealousy starts to show. I like how he told her she looked the same with or without makeup.

And what sort of logic is going on blind dates to shed off rumours of her being in a love triangle ahahah!? I don't care for team who anymore (though I'd still pick Seo Joon!) I just want to see Seo Joon be with Su Ho - bromance ha-ha. 

• Like 2

Just dropping by to say that I'm loving this drama!  :heart4:

It is cheesy and cliché and simple...but it's a nice mix of light romance and comedy, it's well done and the actors are nice enough to make me worry about them and have my sympathy. Yu Kyung is really adorable and Soo Ho is so funny being so shy about his growing attachment to her.

The only thing I would have changed is the fact that she's supposed to be so ugly without make up...that makes things a bit unbelievable. They could have softened a bit this angle. It is difficult enough if people were mocking her for her thick eyebrows or acne. It's enough to traumatise a teenage girl, you don't need to make her supposedly so ugly that everyone will jump scared when they see her without make up.

• Like 2

I like episode 4 far better than the previous one.

Finally some sides of Suho can be seen, he diverts from his cold/emotionless persona. It's almost cute how his apparent jealousy cause him to abandon his math test, see things at the theatre, and get into a fight. Of course I enjoyed the Extraordinary You bit a lot. 

Some clarity about the characters' history can be seen. suho is blamed for another's death (though I suspect it's more of a you didn't do anything, when you could have, had the power-thing). Suho chooses to not fight or attach Seojun, even though he clearly is capable and shows off his fighting skills later on, probably as a result of feeling some sort of guilt, unless of course it concerns Jukyeong. Now it can be seen that he knew her many years ago, which explains why he first sought to come to this comic store, even if it's not in his neighbourhood.

And of course, the stand off between Suho and Seojoon. To Seojoon,. who used to be Suho's friend, it is probably clear that he likes Jukyeong, which in turn causes him to have an interest in her. 

There seems to be more to the story that Suho's father is now the president of an entertainment company and Jukyeong's sister being an employee there. I'm thinking due to the death of their friend, Seojoon took a leave of absence from school as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Episode 4.

Unnie Always STATES the Truth....She side hugged Both the Boys and DECLARED HAVE I GONE TO HEAVEN , how come there are 2 Cute Boys standing Beside Me...OMo...TRUTH TRUTH.

This is one Love Triangle episode 4, I am not sure who am I shipping more.Lol..Maybe Suho Seojoon Together.

I am much like IJG IRL , please stop fighting over me.You are both Morona Kids whatever.

Suho is Too Intense , He doesnt Talk, he doesnt share things, The Guy needs to TALK!! And Why is he ALWAYS ANGRY?

Seojoon is a Naughty Kid , not bad appears Snarky.Has a Great Voice.

And Both have a Heart of GOLD.

I feel Seojoon Knows Suho Likes IJG but since they are Disconnected Now and IJG clearlg Declared No dating with Suho, Seojoon even if Likes Her should be on his Own Accord not anything Else.

But IMO IJG is a Kid exploring and Not ready to Recieve the Intensity Suho Offers, He like collecting Her things, He acts Aloof is Hyper Alert Around her.To get the same Intensity from Her is a bit difficult.That will Lead to Mishap.

Both Are Heartbroken over their Friends Death...Judging by the looks of it, their Friend was a Idol who comitted suicide due to Bullying?? And Suhos Father is Somehow Involved in all This.

Unnie ROCKS and Her Episode ended up Snatching the Soul out of Poor Suho, One sister Smacks her Makeup on His Coat and other sister Pukes over it.

To top it off His Lip gets Injured in the same place all the time.

The Fight was Good.I just want to Know what Makeup does IJG use? Its Waterproof, Sweatproof,PollutionProof and Maybe now Smudgeproof? And Her hair never gets entagled as well Lol.

Also one point made me a Bit mad...If IJG never wore Skirts or had any Makeup experience before , how was she so comfortable in Walking in Heels throughtout the Town? that too Stilletoes.AISSHHH Nevermind.

Episode still had HEIRS 2.0 Moment with Double Hand Grab But Alas, this is One dine Love triangle where Unnie and Me who are both around 30 are fawning over 2 Boys imaginging in Heaven Lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Loving this drama so much!

MGY is such a good actress. I didn't know her before this drama, but I'm definitely going to follow her career from now on. 

CEW has improved a lot. He is able to keep up with MGY.

Can't wait for the next episodes. 

P.S.

At the end of Episode 2, where CEW walks towards MGY to cover her with his jacket, the background music is so lovely. Do we know if it's actually going to be a song or just instrumentals? 

• Like 2