[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Word of Honor 山河令

sugarplum892

@kur4p1k4

Ya I realised they have typo error but fans care more about the content though! The Happy Camp really almost brought me to tears from laughing alone. In one of their recent interview, ZZH has gained weight and his jaw line were not so prominent as portrayed in WOH

@miaka fy @kur4p1k4 I saw some ppl posting about online voting for Lang Lang Ding our CP name. But the site is all in Chinese. Wondering if you both know about it. 

• Love 1

@Wuzetian Check your inbox. To answer your question, the rule has been there I don't know since when but I believe for a long time now. It's just that not many of us go through each line of the rules. The purpose is so that as forum members we can contribute to a more meaningful conversation.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wuzetian said:

This is the link to see the video of the sweet forehead scene of ZZS and WKX in the cave. In the drama video we didnt get to see a good angle of that. Here's a frontage view of it. 

@WuzetianCan you tell the OP to delete it? I don't have facebook. The original owner from weibo just got a warning Youku to take it down and now they're asking everybody to not upload it. And can you also delete the link to facebook? Thanks

• Shocked 2

1 minute ago, kur4p1k4 said:

@WuzetianCan you tell the OP to delete it? I don't have facebook. The original owner from weibo just got a warning Youku to take it down and now they're asking everybody to not upload it.

Ok noted. But I do hope others have warned the admin before I do...

• Shocked 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Ok noted. But I do hope others have warned the admin before I do...

@WuzetianIt's a sudden thing. The video been floating around since yesterday at least. The weibo owner just got a warning a few hours ago. If the facebook admin wanna keep the video privately is fine, just don't upload it online. Don't forget to delete the link in your original post

Edited by kur4p1k4
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

About special version ep.6 they only add back the rabbit washing scene and I think the BGM is also different. It's pretty sweet and harmless overall :relaxed:

I don't get why they cut it from the original version, censorship is just weird.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

About special version ep.6 they only add back the rabbit washing scene and I think the BGM is also different. It's pretty sweet and harmless overall :relaxed:

I don't get why they cut it from the original version, censorship is just weird.

Maybe they want to use these as extra goodies for us...I've not watched it yet but believe the scene should be less than 5 minutes...Just hoping they continue to throw in more surprises to keep us happy...

• Love 1

21 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

I think ZZH still look manly but there's just a certain softness to how he plays ZZS that makes you want to scream "老婆" when you see ZZS, especially in later episodes. Sorry for not explaining it well :sweat_smile: It's just rare to see that kind of portrayal from a male character in chinese drama and even more in wuxia.

I kind of want to defend the female lead in Chinese drama, even though I'm in agreement, they're usually too much of a damsel in distress. Chinese drama for the most part just has a weak scriptwriter and I think rely too much on IP novel just too make sure whatever they make already have a certain number of audience that will definitely watched it, no matter how bad they adapt it. I think with a good script and director female actors can do pretty well. ZZH and GJ originally was also being doubted by a lot of the fan of the original novel. But you know they did good at the end, good scriptwriter is important. And WoH scriptwriter is not even the best, she is still a rookie, it kind of fall apart a bit at the end, but at least she has a vision what she wants to convey from the original novel. I wish Chinese entertainment put more importance to it.

It's not that China doesn't have good scriptwriter, it's just too much outside powers influencing the writing process. The filming industry is quite distorted, with fingers pointed everywhere, investors, actors with liuliang (large fanbase) who bring their own writers to fix things according to their own preferences... Everyone wants a piece of the cake. Honestly scriptwriters don't have much say in what they can write. That's why most dramas with good scripts are either 1) a production team with big enough reputation to hold up their own without being subjected to capital or starpower (like Daylight Entertainment for example), or 2) a project so under the radar no one bother to interfere (like WoH).

That's why I have much doubt for other upcoming BL adaptations, since they are all very high-profile projects. And the whole scandal between Sha Po Lang's team and its writer, I can see they can't escape the usual tropes.

• Insightful 3

@Wuzetian Oh dear did you receive the link for the novel? I already send to you and hope you will enjoy like me and Unnisarah ^^. Really happy about Zhang Zhehan and Gong Jun got the fourth and the fifth yay!!! It's always Wang Yi Bo and Xiao Zhan who got the first and the second lolll let's see. A lot people don't want to start WOH because isn't complete sub yet so they will prefer to wait. When they will able to start, more fans for WOH will appear YAY!!!

I laughing like a crazy yesteday when I watch the happy camp omg...that so funny!!!  Zhang Zhehan who really tired and keep running like already 5 times. Poor him. Gong Jun who seem like very protect to his ''wifey'' when the other guy too Zhang Zhehan place....he was a kinda mad LOL so cute. 

Thank to sharing the special episode 6, I will watch it later...hehe. Seem we will have more fluffy moment between them kyaaaaaaa :love:

Lang Lang Ding? for our couple? the name? I didn't know o.o I was so concentrated in work today that I wasn't in soompi or other site until now. 

Oh Youku will throw more surprised for us for sure International fans...we are open about BL ^^ 

@kur4p1k4 Oh!!! I didn't know scriptwriter have so much pression on the shoulder like that hm..hard job wow :frown: I think you right about the female character personality. True that all is about how the write the characters. In a same time, some chinese actress are a bit...cheesy hm...I mean ''cute voice'', ''cute expression'' it's a bit too ''bubble pink''. That is the most annoying thing...

The censorship was about a rabbit O.O maybe it's was too much girlish or fluffy? hm weird censor, weird way to do SARFT.

About ZZS x WKZ clip (I saw yesteday) how they was sooooo cute in the cave. The forehead touch O.M.G it's was popping in my Instagram in the morning LOL I was like ''giggle'' ''giggle'':heart2beat: give us more clip or the cut underground scene ...we will die hardcore on ..LOL

about this clip, did something happen @Wuzetian and @kur4p1k4 ? Did this clip make youku worry about is leak? You two talking about this clip should be erased? 

@linhlinh linh hm, in a post before, I wrote something about Priest unfollow the Sha Po Lang production. Do you know what happen? It's really about the scripwriter? I should be worry about Immortality and Sha Po Lang then hm...

WOH was a dark house....so it's was keep out from the SARFT radar. But Immortality aka 2ha is really popular hm...my favorite novel BL. I hope we are ok viewers hm

@thyzt dear, no worry I will send to you episode 20 and 6. Not feeling so great...I'm still not so good hm. What do you think about episode 6? ^^

OH ZHANG ZHEHAN BEAT XIAO ZHAN AND WANG YI BO IN WECHAT!!! RIGHT NOW!!! GONG JUN IS THE FOURTH

1 ZHANG ZHEHAN

2 WANG YI BO

3 XIAO ZHAN

4 GONG JUN 

OMG!!! KYAAAAAAA 

Let's listening Zhang Zhehan voice here singing awwawaaaaa

credit to the owner 

昨夜东风把心吹落到空城
落入凡尘细无声
几轮指纹刻下年轮的虔诚
用情太深不可争
放不下所有的回忆都像 一场孤梦
江湖几番沉沦枉为余生
是否辜负几人才会让梦 起了风
恍然之间都成见证
昨日细雨把心困住不由衷
空有坚韧亦无用
几世经纶书写时间的宽容
用情太真不可碰
放不下所有的回忆都像 一场孤梦
江湖几番沉沦枉为余生
是否辜负几人才会让梦 起了风
恍然之间都成见证
离不开所有的回忆都像 一场孤梦
命运几番纠缠风起云涌
莫非看透红尘才会让梦 起了风
霎那之间人去楼空
霎那之间人去楼空

Zuóyè dōngfēng bǎ xīn chuī luò dào kōngchéng
luò rù fánchén xì wúshēng
jǐ lún zhǐwén kèxià nián lún de qiánchéng
yòng qíng tài shēn bùkě zhēng

fàng bùxià suǒyǒu de huíyì dōu xiàng yī chǎng gū mèng
jiānghú jǐ fān chénlún wǎng wèi yúshēng

shìfǒu gūfù jǐ réncái huì ràng mèng qǐle fēng
huǎngrán zhī jiān dōu chéng jiànzhèng

zuórì xì yǔ bǎ xīn kùn zhù bù yóuzhōng
kōng yǒu jiānrèn yì wúyòng
jǐ shì jīnglún shūxiě shíjiān de kuānróng
yòng qíng tài zhēn bùkě pèng

fàng bùxià suǒyǒu de huíyì dōu xiàng yī chǎng gū mèng
jiānghú jǐ fān chénlún wǎng wèi yúshēng

shìfǒu gūfù jǐ réncái huì ràng mèng qǐle fēng
huǎngrán zhī jiān dōu chéng jiànzhèng

lì bù kāi suǒyǒu de huíyì dōu xiàng yī chǎng gū mèng
mìngyùn jǐ fān jiūchán fēngqǐyúnyǒng

mòfēi kàntòu hóngchén cái huì ràng mèng qǐle fēng
shà nà zhī jiān rén qù lóu kōng
shà nà zhī jiān rén qù lóu kōng...

I love singing so for sure I will sing ^^

• Like 1

6 hours ago, miaka fy said:

OH ZHANG ZHEHAN BEAT XIAO ZHAN AND WANG YI BO IN WECHAT!!! RIGHT NOW!!! GONG JUN IS THE FOURTH

1 ZHANG ZHEHAN

2 WANG YI BO

3 XIAO ZHAN

4 GONG JUN 

@miaka fyWait... How do I vote on WeChat? I wanna vote...

Yes, I really like Gu Meng by Zhang Zhehan. Keep replying the first play ost that you gave me. Gu Meng is one of my fav song. ZZH voice is good. :highonflowers:

Get well soon.

Edited by thyzt
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, linhlinh111 said:

It's not that China doesn't have good scriptwriter, it's just too much outside powers influencing the writing process. The filming industry is quite distorted, with fingers pointed everywhere, investors, actors with liuliang (large fanbase) who bring their own writers to fix things according to their own preferences... Everyone wants a piece of the cake. Honestly scriptwriters don't have much say in what they can write. That's why most dramas with good scripts are either 1) a production team with big enough reputation to hold up their own without being subjected to capital or starpower (like Daylight Entertainment for example), or 2) a project so under the radar no one bother to interfere (like WoH).

That's why I have much doubt for other upcoming BL adaptations, since they are all very high-profile projects. And the whole scandal between Sha Po Lang's team and its writer, I can see they can't escape the usual tropes.

I guess it's a chicken and egg thing imo, even if there are good writers they'll be overrule by someone else, once it happens too many times, and scriptwriters in China don't get pay much I think, most likely they will leave the profession  and it will only leave the bad writers. Then the script will be bad then production company will rely more on the actors with large fanbases, then it will become a cycle. It's just if I want to watch wuxia or Chinese costume drama, I mostly can only get it from China, so I wish they can make better stuffs. First time I heard about liuliang, thanks for that term

@miaka fy The video is the bts inside the cave where the original owner splice it together with the real scene that we saw on ep. 20 but then they add the bts video that they personally have, that person I think is one of WoH crew, they usually upload their own personal bts once the episode or any bts from Youku are uploaded. But apparently Youku personally messaged that person and ask them to take it down, since apparently that did not passed censorship, the forehead touching, hugging back that's too obvious, etc. The whole point is that video is I think what the director wants to do, but censorship didn't allowed it. So that person is asking everyone to take it offline since Youku said WoH could be taken down like Guardian if they don't take that video off. I only checked twitter, weibo, and bilibili, so far everybody is cooperating. If you still see the video in insta or facebook, please asked them to take it offline, thanks. 

https://www.douban.com/group/topic/219343964/

spacer.png

This is some people say the budget for the BL 101 for 2021, from Douban, might not be accurate

Hao Yi Xing/Immortality = ¥250 million = USD $38 million

Zhang Gong An/ League of Noblemen = ¥150 million = USD $23 million

Sha Po Lang/ Winner is King(?) = ¥150 million = USD $23 million

Sa Ye = ¥120 million = USD $18 million (the OP complain why is this short contemporary drama so expensive:sweatingbullets:)

Shan He Ling/Word of Honor = ¥50 million = USD $8 million -> ¥30 million plus the advertisement from Wolong nuts ¥20 million. Wolong nuts supremacy!

But all this budget are speculation based on industry insider, it might be more might be less.

Well I can only hope other drama can do well, since they spent so much money on it.

Edit: Happy Camp has English sub now also WoH will have fanmeet in May, in Suzhou I think. The place might change they haven't really announce it officially.

Edited by kur4p1k4
  • Insightful 2

4 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

This is some people say the budget for the BL 101 for 2021, from Douban, might not be accurate

Hao Yi Xing/Immortality = ¥250 million = USD $38 million

Zhang Gong An/ League of Noblemen = ¥150 million = USD $23 million

Sha Po Lang/ Winner is King(?) = ¥150 million = USD $23 million

Sa Ye = ¥120 million = USD $18 million (the OP complain why is this short contemporary drama so expensive:sweatingbullets:)

Shan He Ling/Word of Honor = ¥50 million = USD $8 million -> ¥30 million plus the advertisement from Wolong nuts ¥20 million. Wolong nuts supremacy!

But all this budget are speculation based on industry insider, it might be more might be less.

Well I can only hope other drama can do well, since they spent so much money on it.

Wow. wow..:fear:

If it is true. that is super low budget. Good thing they manage to secure Wolong nut to add some more budget. But still... and ZZH really take a paycut if it is true. He is not that popular but he is well-known. He really must be glad and all the cast must be glad taking this project. I also read on twitter that ZZH fainted (almost?) and vomits during the shoot, because the weather was so hot and their costumes were so thick, because they were supposed to shoot at the end of the year when the weather is cold but bcos of covid that they shoot during summer. 

Glad that this drama turned out very well, and popular. And bring the cast members to a new height of popularity. 

And we have at least a good adaption of Priest's novel.

• Wiggle 2

@thyzt I don't think ZZH took a paycut, but he's apparently well known as a "cost efffective" actor, since he's experienced in fighting in costume drama and not that famous to asked for too high of a salary. So they can film fighting scene mostly in one take, also he can teach the more inexperience actors how to do it well. Also WoH main casts (ZZH, GJ, ZY, MWY, SXL) are all mostly younger actors, with ZZH being the most veteran, so they don't cost as much. They're supposed to shoot early 2020, but because of covid lockdown everything got pushed to summer. That's also why some people suspect that the production company are still doing post production work while WoH is airing, that's why they're willing to go back and re-edit some episodes when the fan complained.

WoH in March rank No.1 as romance drama in Maoyan, beating all other BG drama that has more skinship and kissing :joy:

Maoyan is China biggest movie ticketing company, but now it's also a distribution company and an all around data gathering for entertainment.

spacer.png

• Blob 2

I've seen the WoH rumour budget a lot, I think it's too low tbh? Rattan/Si Teng, also a youku A rank drama (same as WoH, 30 ep) is rumour to be 90mil yuan (a lot of on location shooting at remote locations in Yunnan, modern fantasy), 50mil sounds way way too low for WoH. 

For reference, there's financial statement that states iQiyi exclusive historical Marry Me (2020, 35 ep) is 104mil, a yet to air 24 ep historical drama is 73mil, Spirit realm/The World of Fantasy (36 ep) is whomping 240mil. The former two are likely A rank, the last one is probably S. Currently airing modern drama You Are My Hero (40 ep) is 120mil (financial statement), Sunshine of My Life (45 ep)  is 100mil+ (producer said it). Dramas just cost lot more than most people expect.

• Insightful 2