[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Love and Redemption 琉璃美人煞

sugarplum892

5 hours ago, Ma911 S911 said:

I’m still stuck on this drama. Can’t move on from it. Am I really a 45 year old woman fangirling over a 30 year old dude from China?? :D Also...

Hide contents

How come the lover’s curse didn’t lift when XJ confessed to SF on the doc under the bridge after they came out of the mirror? 

And if the lize palace were all men 

Hide contents

How did the red gold bird reproduce?

Spoiler

I think the lover curse is not lifted at that time is because XuanJi's glass heart still not broken yet. How far are you watching it now? Anyway later on, her glass heart finally broken, but by then there are many missunderstanding happen. Until later on, XuanJi clear up the missunderstanding and finally cured the lover curse.

And the red golden bird reproduce just like how human & devil is do. But because they are hiding in mortal realms, so in order to not disclose their identity by make any interaction with human particularly woman, they wear masks and forbidden their people to love. Also i think maybe because they have a longer life than any mortal do. So by wearing masks, the human will never know. Take Si Feng's father case, the only reason no human ever know their secret is because their old Lize Palace chief is fast in handling the matter, by taking Si Feng away from his human mother.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ma911 S911 said:

I’m still stuck on this drama. Can’t move on from it. Am I really a 45 year old woman fangirling over a 30 year old dude from China?? :D Also...

Hide contents

How come the lover’s curse didn’t lift when XJ confessed to SF on the doc under the bridge after they came out of the mirror? 

You're not the only one stuck on this drama. I'm watched it twice and still come back to this drama while watching "Love is Sweet". I love it so much that I have the 4K version of this drama on my iPhone.  

• Awesome 1

11 hours ago, MK916 said:

You're not the only one stuck on this drama. I'm watched it twice and still come back to this drama while watching "Love is Sweet". I love it so much that I have the 4K version of this drama on my iPhone.  

Wouldn’t that take up a lot of space? What is the size of the files?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

Wouldn’t that take up a lot of space? What is the size of the files?

I actually have this drama in 1080p and 4K saved on my HDD. I also have alot of storage on my iPhone, 512GB. So I'm able to have a few dramas on my iPhone. The 4K version is approx. 160GB and is awesome to watch the big screen. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2

3 hours ago, MK916 said:

I actually have this drama in 1080p and 4K saved on my HDD. I also have alot of storage on my iPhone, 512GB. So I'm able to have a few dramas on my iPhone. The 4K version is approx. 160GB and is awesome to watch the big screen. 

The iphone screen is quite small so why do you need 4K on the phone?

On 9/12/2020 at 9:50 PM, poipoipo said:

Omg the pain watching epi 40 to 48..each episode I feel like vomiting blood like sifeng. 

Finally im at 55.. im sad it will be over soon. 

I literally 

Hide contents

rofl when xuanji becomes a man. Lol sifengs worst nightmare. His lover is act a man.

It’s really hilarious LOL can’t stop laughing

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 6:40 AM, luckionesky said:

I have been obsessed with the drama after trying the first episode.  Wondering if anyone has any news about Love & Redemption 2??

Some viewers in China think there won’t be a Season 2 as there is no source material. The company is adapting another unrelated novel by the same author called 千香引 which is also about many lifetimes. Maybe they’ll add Liu Li 2 to the title to make it seem like a sequel. In any case, I don’t think you will see the same leads.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This m/v is so beautiful.  It contains compilation of back/front hugs, princess carry, resting on each others shoulders of our OTP.  They are so beautiful.  Once in a while i watch the first 23 episodes and the m/v of our OTP cute scenes compiled by some YT members.  I dont think i am going to see such a chemistry between CY and any other FL in any of his upcoming dramas.  Luv them so much.:heart3:

cr: as tagged

edit: maybe, ZYX may be with some chem.  since she has beenacting along with him in some projects as they are from same agency.

• Love 2

12 hours ago, pad-hari said:

edit: maybe ZYX may be with some chem.  since she has acting along with him in some projects as they are from same agency.

:sweatingbullets: I'm only see them as brother/sister in law..huhuuuu..nothing can beat cheng yi and bingyan chemistry so far...

• LOL 1

Be away again for a long time from soompi, but all Cdrama serie I did dw and update on everything. My best serie for 2020 Cdrama will be ''Love and Redemption''. With all serie I did watch..it's still this one who make me cry, feel wth, be still alive in this PANDEMIC COVID19, be ok the stress from my job, still have some sanity...

really a roller coaster FOR Emotion.

Do you everyone believe we will have a ''LOVE AND REDEMPTION 2'' like the producer said? I will keep a faith...

Sure Cheng Yi x Bingyan from the 20/09 event make me feel CRAP. I was like WTH is that, how can he did that to her. But in a same time, I can see Cheng Yi not feeling good too and be stressing a lot. 

Did we have more information about what happen is this event? I know Bingyan change her cie. but nothing about between them. Did something happen? I was thought something like a love triangle ....anyway just some imagination too much read novel :expressionless:

In viki, it's completely subbed too now and everyone be addict :) that is a good thing.

Maybe is would be like ''Love and Destiny'' who become so much popular in viki that is WIN and represent CHINA in NEW YORK best serie in the world. Something in november or december we will have the result :heart:

So yep, I still alive, work a lot, my family are ok and friends too!!! Will come later SO be safe everyone in the world!!! We will WIN over this pandemic!!!!!:kiss_wink:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2020 at 1:51 PM, MK916 said:

Hi. Where did you get 4K version on your iPhone? 

I personally envision that after Xuanji and Sifeng's 10th mortal life ends, they will return to being immortals/gods in heaven to continue protecting the 3 realms. This comes from the reveal to Bailing by the Heavenly Emperor that if he hadn't intervened in their 10th mortal trial, the trial would've ended already and the scene shows them in Heaven armor (Xuanji's God of War armor and Sifeng's armor in the battle) saying their mortal names and that they will protect the 3 realms together. However, there is still that line where Heavenly Emperor tells Xuanji she could choose to be a god, human, or demon and Xuanji says that it's great to be a mortal, so maybe this choice means that they will cease to exist after their 10th life :( (assuming Sifeng follows her wherever)

Maybe there's more details in the novel about what happens specifically, I would love to know if they actually have an eternal happy ending. But otherwise I will just keep my hope of one in mind :) 

• Like 2