[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Brilliant Heart Like Jade/The Sword and The Brocade 锦心似玉

sugarplum892

Ou Li Xing has a spy in the Xu Mansion. Xu Ling Yi has a spy in where Ou Li Xing works. That is why Shi Yiniang said she had informed Xu Ling Yi that she had changed the theme of the embroidery work. He was so busy that he skipped seeing that document. So he assumed that she was submitting the first work. Furthermore, he even came for the piece early than schedule.

The Emperor even saw through his misused of power which is why he got the 20 lashes.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, PPB said:

Do you actually see Hupo's sister at some point, or is she just talked about? 

also, sorry, didn't quite get that, who gets 20 lashes, our hero Xu Ling Yi? 

Hupo's sister appears in a flashback.

Ou Li Xing, the bad guy got 20 lashes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am waiting for the rest of the episodes to be subtitled in English but can someone tell me if Qu Yan Xing (the character of daddi tang) is married or has a concubine? and which episode ? I know he was in love with the lead female at the start of the drama

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

I am waiting for the rest of the episodes to be subtitled in English but can someone tell me if Qu Yan Xing (the character of daddi tang) is married or has a concubine? and which episode ? I know he was in love with the lead female at the start of the drama

He does not exist in the novel so his fate will be at the hands on this drama's writer.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

He’s not married yet nor does he have a mistress. Some of us are hoping for a miracle between him and Hupo :lol:.  His father attempts to get him to agree to a marriage but that ended up I think in a fight over his friendship with Shiyi-niang. Still need the subbed version to fully understand their conversation but that was the gist of it. So Elder Ou has a big axe to grind with Shiyi-niang and the Xu family now that he lost his older son and he probably blames her for his younger son’s “betrayal”. That may be where Shiyi-niang gets implicated and sentenced since in the previews, the embroidery shop is getting accused of smuggling or something? The Old Fox is better than his son at the schemes and that would be revenge for both sons and a big blow to LingYi.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jacquelinetan said:

Hupo's sister appears in a flashback.

Ou Li Xing, the bad guy got 20 lashes.

Many thanks, just get confused with the names sometimes. (also have not seen those eps yet) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mee Yang-Vu said:

Can anyone share (PM me) where they are watching the recent episodes with Eng subs? Viki is too slow and the site I usually watch has stopped subbing at EP 30.

It looks like tencent may have put a plug on the sub episodes getting released free with only a little lag from it's vip customers.Once they think they it is okay for other sites to air the subbed episodes free we will get them. 

42 minutes ago, minglanfan2 said:

It looks like tencent may have put a plug on the sub episodes getting released free with only a little lag from it's vip customers.Once they think they it is okay for other sites to air the subbed episodes free we will get them. 

I have IQIYI VIP and it’s stopped adding eps after ep 30 as well. It’s so weird. 

Tencent video and WeTV are the official sites. They release the subs- ordinary episodes as per schedule. And viki then gets the release sounds like the same subs. You go to their YT channel. Viki still hasn't released ep 33-34. 

I went to WeTV I see it up to ep 24 only. We are not allowed to give illegal streaming site links but anyway the one I see has only 30 subbed as well. Viki releases when WeTV and Tencent videos give them the episodes. 

I went straight to the source of all ripped subs done illegally and where the streaming sites gets their subs. Its also up to ep 30. Generally if this site doesn't have the subs no one else on the  Net will have it. I presume some of you know which site this by- invitation only site is.

See? I take my subtitles seriously. So I can always know my sources. Gone are the days when I knew nothing. I who never even knew Kdramas existed and only knew TVB dramas- but didn't understand- can now watch Kdramas without subs. And more Mandarin then when I was a kid. My parents would have smacked me to know all those no- TV days have led to this. Hahaha. See? All those naggjng didn't work.

• LOL 2

13 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

We are not allowed to give illegal streaming site links but anyway the one I see has only 30 subbed as well. Viki releases when WeTV and Tencent videos give them the episodes. 

thank you @ck1Oz for complying with the Forum rules. 

47 minutes ago, golinda27 said:

I have IQIYI VIP and it’s stopped adding eps after ep 30 as well. It’s so weird. 

They have liberally allowed every site to use their subbed episodes and got viewers hooked.Perfect time to stop and get more people inclined to take premium memberships of the company site which produced the show.Wolf warrior marketing is perfectly legal.Billion dollar corporations are good marketers too. I am hoping iqiyi will get the subssoon since both companies share dramas on their sites.

46 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Tencent video and WeTV are the official sites. They release the subs- ordinary episodes as per schedule. And viki then gets the release sounds like the same subs. You go to their YT channel. Viki still hasn't released ep 33-34. 

I went to WeTV I see it up to ep 24 only. We are not allowed to give illegal streaming site links but anyway the one I see has only 30 subbed as well. Viki releases when WeTV and Tencent videos give them the episodes. 

I went straight to the source of all ripped subs done illegally and where the streaming sites gets their subs. Its also up to ep 30. Generally if this site doesn't have the subs no one else on the  Net will have it. I presume some of you know which site this by- invitation only site is.

See? I take my subtitles seriously. So I can always know my sources. Gone are the days when I knew nothing. I who never even knew Kdramas existed and only knew TVB dramas- but didn't understand- can now watch Kdramas without subs. And more Mandarin then when I was a kid. My parents would have smacked me to know all those no- TV days have led to this. Hahaha. See? All those naggjng didn't work.

You can watch the subbed episodes in the legal site Youtube if you have access.They had it till ep 32 on monday..Were down on tuesday..Now everywhere there is parity of subs being available up to ep 30.Till 32 in viki and 34 on tencent vip.

• Like 1

You know I have never seen this sort of thing happen before. Hmmm.... once subs are out it's hard to then hide the subs. I do not watch enough Cdrama to know if its a new tactic or not.

I am still on ep 25. It must have aired 2 weeks ago. It feels like a lifetimem ago plot wise. I am still watching the main couple flirt. And XLY give SYN the first kiss. I already watched till ep 36 but still am anxious. And spotted another " him the oven " line. How come I never noticed such weird subbing before in this drama? This is all the WeTV subs. Lol. Is this the standard for WeTV or Cdrama subbing? Historical Kdrama subs are always so formal. And here I am reading so many modern lines in Cdrama subbing. The standard is vastly different.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

You know I have never seen this sort of thing happen before. Hmmm.... once subs are out it's hard to then hide the subs. I do not watch enough Cdrama to know if its a new tactic or not.

I am still on ep 25. It must have aired 2 weeks ago. It feels like a lifetimem ago plot wise. I am still watching the main couple flirt. And XLY give SYN the first kiss. I already watched till ep 36 but still am anxious. And spotted another " him the oven " line. How come I never noticed such weird subbing before in this drama? This is all the WeTV subs. Lol. Is this the standard for WeTV or Cdrama subbing? Historical Kdrama subs are always so formal. And here I am reading so many modern lines in Cdrama subbing. The standard is vastly different.

I guess cdrama have an advantage of strict control of media which isn't the case with dramas of other countries..So it helps them to make curbs on things more effective and successful.

The oven line..sounded weird to my ears too.I prefer viki subs they are better done.But they also have used  tencent subs.

At the rate the viki subs have been done once uploaded- don't know if the agreement is to use the subs from Tencent. My Mandarin is even worse than my Korean believe it or not. I can tell if Korean subs have been copied from other sources- but not Chinese subs. But then its hard to quality control or accuse someone if they copied. Since subbing is sometimes according to the translator's style and viki subbers are not paid.

I don't have time to follow all these details these days. I used to when I was subbing on viki and editing. Nowadays I just sometimes ask someone to confirm the translation for me but there is nothing major or that important here. That I go out of my way to confirm it. Its a pity though that viewers who don't understand a video's languages don't know these things happen. This is me saying it with a philosophical tone because we just had a wholesale edit for the English subs for Sungyunkwan Scandal a few months ago. The 2nd half of the drama was done by soompi viewers back in the days when illegal streaming was rife. So for however many years the subs were incomplete or wrong on the Net. So now in 2021 it is finally correct. Lol. So yeah I am philosophical about this whole sub thing and I just learn on my own. And girding my loins to inform about 20 languages subbers to redo a whole drama's subs now.

Just ended ep 25. It feels like a whole different drama. I feel as if I am watching each scene as a fresh viewer. Seriously don't know what I was doing 2 weeks ago. I am incensed again by Concubine Qiao even though I know what happens to her.

Addit- this is 4hrs after I posted this. Its now 0330 PST. Viki has ep 33-34 subs now. But can't find it elsewhere on the Net.

• Like 3

Well, it's impressive to know so many languages... No matter how well. I'm learning Chinese, though there's still a way to go before I can follow c dramas without subs (which is my goal!) 

• Like 3