[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Brilliant Heart Like Jade/The Sword and The Brocade 锦心似玉

sugarplum892

@sugarplum892 that pix you posted (the first one with Wallace Chung kissing her forehead) looks like such a tender moment. I am closing my eyes and imagining that I am Seven Tan. :rickroll:

Geez girl, close your eyes and savour the moment... haiyah...one of those eyes-wide-open moment again. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

The trailer of this drama appears in my youtube and I'm glad I clicked on it. Definitely investing my time in this. A gentlemanly general and forced/arranged marriage trope is my cup of tea ^^

Abit bothered to learn that ML has 3 concubines here but oh well, I should remember the cultural context of the time.

The soundtrack 要一起 is also lovely and beautifully soothing. Putting it on repeat.

• Like 2

Just watched the 1st episode raw.  Everything about it so beautiful. I liked it so much, especially Seven Tan.  How can she pull off both the school character in GA and here the mature lady.  woow!!! she is really Jang Nara of China.  She is so versatile and like her make up too.  I have to wait and see about wallace.  The filmography is also so good.  But the historical clothes does not go with daddy tang.  I liked him in my little happiness.   I have to get used to it.  Looking forward to the rest of the 7 episodes released.  Jaiyou!!!!!

• Like 7

@pad-harilove ur review. I just watched ep 1 and 2 with sub. OMG....I cant wait to see what happened on ep 3, since it still under VIP. Seven Tang sound matured here which i like since in this drama she gonna portrays as strong lady. Agreed that on daddy tang, still weird to see him in customer drama. Btw, eps 1 and 2 with sub available at WeTV and iQiyi. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Nur_Yana said:

@pad-harilove ur review. I just watched ep 1 and 2 with sub. OMG....I cant wait to see what happened on ep 3, since it still under VIP. Seven Tang sound matured here which i like since in this drama she gonna portrays as strong lady. Agreed that on daddy tang, still weird to see him in customer drama. Btw, eps 1 and 2 with sub available at WeTV and iQiyi. 

Thank You!  I watched the first eight episodes -without sub- in YT but I want to watch it with sub. 

Spoiler

The first five episodes is like to establish the story. I need to watch it with sub to understand all the situation. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, andreasofia16 said:

Thank You!  I watched the first eight episodes -without sub- in YT but I want to watch it with sub. 

Hide contents

The first five episodes is like to establish the story. I need to watch it with sub to understand all the situation. 

We tv has the 1st 2 epis with subs for free viewing.

• Like 4

Enjoyed the first two episodes, these historical cdramas are getting better and better in terms of production. I’m so glad in the casting of our general, once again actual believable general lol. I’m liking Seven’s character, she’s smart, quick, seems kind but not all infallible. It’s real tiring to see and read the perfect female mc in novels, like I’m at the point of skipping those kinda of mc all together 

• Like 8

Is it just me but I think Xu Ling Yi is not particularly emotionally involved with any of the women before marrying Shi Yiniang.

I suppose he is away so often that he is totally detached from his own family. Qiao Lian Fang has such a one sided love for Xu Ling Yi that she did not mind being the legitimate daughter of a noble house to marry into the family as a concubine. Xu Ling Yi has no feelings for her and she had hope that she could win him but during that one year after his wife's death, I believe Xiao Lian Fang complained that he was only back home 2-3 times.

I liked how Shi Yiniang turned the tables on her sister to set her up to marry Wang Yu who is a notorious rascal. Likewise, she will take her time and will wrestle the Xu's household authority from Xiao Lian Fang.

Not sure how Lin Shi Xian fits in all of this. He took credit for saving Shi Yiniang but it looks pretty one sided. He did tried to help her escape when she had to marry Wang Yu.

I just like Shi Yiniang's calm smile and the fact you cannot read anything from her expression.

Who killed Shi Yiniang's mother? It is like a whole Agatha Christie's novel.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

I suppose he is away so often that he is totally detached from his own family. Qiao Lian Fang has such a one sided love for Xu Ling Yi that she did not mind being the legitimate daughter of a noble house to marry into the family as a concubine. Xu Ling Yi has no feelings for her and she had hope that she could win him but during that one year after his wife's death, I believe Xiao Lian Fang complained that he was only back home 2-3 times.

On Viki, it showed that Qiao Lian Feng’s mother is the 3rd concubine but they are favored because of being cousin’s with ML’s mother. Maybe they just mixed up the translation and she’s the 3rd wife (after death of first 2?). Plus her father was noble versus FL’s father having a lower position in court. Parental rankings mattered even with concubine born children:unsure: Either way, yeah seems like ML really has no romantic interest in his concubines. Think he cared for his first wife but his being away a lot and her trying to secure her position put a distance between them. You can totally see that Qiao Lian Feng has a one sided crush on ML, probably since childhood and was counting on relationship with Old Madam Xu as her backing.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

wetv has released subs for the next 2 episodes 2 & 3 and raw ep.9 & 10 today. I like both the ost's in the beginning and at the end.  They are really very nice to hear especially the opening ost is very good.

10 minutes ago, hello210 said:

Either way, yeah seems like ML really has no romantic interest in his concubines. Think he cared for his first wife but his being away a lot and her trying to secure her position put a distance between them.

Eventually he will fall in love with our female lead shiyi and i am really looking forward to it.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

wetv has released subs for the next 2 episodes 2 & 3 and raw ep.9 & 10 today. I like both the ost's in the beginning and at the end.  They are really very nice to hear especially the opening ost is very good.

Eventually he will fall in love with our female lead shiyi and i am really looking forward to it.  

Yes...looking forward to them developing feelings for each other. As from the synopsis and trailers, he has no interest in his concubines but starts to notice his wife, FL. This and TSOML are my cup of tea. 

• Like 4

:surprisedwut: omo, the voice dubber for Wallace Chung is the same person who dubbed for Ye Hua (Mark Chao) in TMOPB. Oh No.... I can't get Ye Hua's face out of my head everytime Wallace Chung open's his mouth now. (face palm). What am I going to do, and I just started for the first 10 mins (sighs, shakes heads)

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

3 hours ago, SC2019 said:

omo, the voice dubber for Wallace Chung is the same person who dubbed for Ye Hua (Mark Chao) in TMOPB. Oh No.... I can't get Ye Hua's face out of my head everytime Wallace Chung open's his mouth now. (face palm). What am I going to do, and I just started for the first 10 mins (sighs, shakes heads)

I love the voice from Wallace Chung's dubber. He has such a soothing and relaxing tone! I couldn't remember where I heard his voice before, but thanks for the heads up regarding Ye Hua's voice as well. I think he's done other main lead's voices as well cause I could have sworn I've heard it many times before.

I'm finally caught up with all the episodes out (watched RAW...couldn't wait). I'm loving it so far. Also love the slow romance development between Shi Yiniang (SYN) and Xu Ling Yi (XLY). I agree with a previous poster that XLY didn't seem to have any emotional/romantic attachment to any of his concubines or even his deceased wife (whom they have a son together). Perhaps it true that since he's away from home so often, he never had time to fully develop feelings towards his "harem."

But you can see in each episode, he's slowly starting to "like" and paying attention towards SYN. When he comes homes, he makes super quick appearances to his concubines, but stays with SYN. It's like they don't get what he's trying to convey or understand him, but SYN does in her quiet ways. Plus, she's also highly intelligent. He and his mom just don't even understand nor know what a gem/treasure she will be for them.

Qiao Lian Fang (QLF) in her one-sided love for XLY is causing too much trouble. I mean she's not even the wife, but a concubine and wants to weld power over the entire household? XLY doesn't even have feelings for her nor. Have they even consummated during their wedding night or at all?

• Like 4

• Guest changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Brilliant Heart Like Jade/The Sword and The Brocade 锦心似玉

I really like how tencent is releasing the subbed episodes on time.I hope they continue to do this and help all  viewers appreciate the show without frustrating breaks.The pace is fast too.Glad that I got another interesting historical drama to watch after rebel princess.

• Like 2

Sigh. 15 min into ep 1 I got curious and went to YT. Caught the bed scenes. The execution scenes. Then read about the 3 concubines. Dead wife.

Gah. Why do I do this to myself? Is there anything anything left to watch?

No no no I am just kidding. Don't tell me. I already read the airing schedule. My dilemma is whether ot be civilised and wait for subs. Or zip through ep 45 by end of March. I am in the mood for a good drama since Doulou Continent was such a disappointment. And there are no other currently airing dramas which has caught my fancy.

I don't even know how I feel about a dead wife, 3 concubines and 3 children that I know of. You know in all the other Cdramas I've been watching its the father of the FL with the younger woman. But this time the latest wife ends up being the FL of an plder man. Lol.

I find it absolutely hysterical.

Been excited for this drama since I knew Tan Song Yun was starring! 

I watched the 10 episodes in a row without subs and very enjoying all our couple's moments. Watching with subs afterwards made the story even more worth following. Very happy with the script as of now! And Tan Song Yun is amazing as always, a complete transformation from her witty and carefree role in Under the Power. Loving her portrayal of a sharp and strong mind master this time!

Although, the only thing intriguing me now is the male lead's acting. First time seeing his project. As mentioned in this forum, I'll also need a bit more time to fully appreciate his acting. I find him stiff at times and his expressions to be somehow similar in every shot. Nevertheless, still looking forward to his character's development with Shi Yi around him :).

• Like 3