[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Brilliant Heart Like Jade/The Sword and The Brocade 锦心似玉

sugarplum892

I was just talking about angst they released a new music video with the angst scenes. Prepare some tissues everyone. And enjoy the current calm waves. Kind of LOL. 

17 minutes ago, hello210 said:

Xu LingYi is smart and perceptive so I don’t think he will fall for any tricks but he might use it as an excuse to send Shiyi away in order to protect her when things climax with the Ou family and he’s backed into a corner.  I think their embroidery talk after the awkward threesome dinner gave him a bit more insight to why Shiyi is the way she is. Her and her mother depended on themselves and her embroidery to survive when they were on their own in the country. For Shiyi, she must be independent due to her experiences and Xu LingYi kind of parallels that to his own struggles to survive the family’s near destruction in the past.  What I love are the lyrics of the songs...they all sing to the trust and love that will develop between Shiyi and Xu LingYi.

I hope the script writer keeps our LingYi smart and meticulous. He’s a general I don’t want him to be blinded of his love and start feeling insecure. Noble idiocy sigh our general will definitely do that. Seems like from the music video our ShiYi does leave the Xu household. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

But why is her hair down in the new MV????  dont the married women make a bun hairstyle?????   Until now she has her hairstyle like that.  The story is really moving towards a wrong direction.

Where?

She has her hair up. I think the part you saw her hair down is when they were in her own room and she is likely either preparing for bed or sick.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

But why is her hair down in the new MV????  dont the married women make a bun hairstyle?????   Until now she has her hairstyle like that.  The story is really moving towards a wrong direction.

It looks like her hair is down when she’s at the embroidery shop. Her clothes are also more toned down/working class.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, hello210 said:

It looks like her hair is down when she’s at the embroidery shop. Her clothes are also more toned down/working class.

I have a feeling she’s going to secretly open the embroidery workshop and he’s going to find out. There’s a preview of it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Super_Dede said:

I was just talking about angst they released a new music video with the angst scenes. Prepare some tissues everyone. And enjoy the current calm waves. Kind of LOL. 

I hope the script writer keeps our LingYi smart and meticulous. He’s a general I don’t want him to be blinded of his love and start feeling insecure. Noble idiocy sigh our general will definitely do that. Seems like from the music video our ShiYi does leave the Xu household. 

On that Facebook site, there’s also a BTS/making-of video where they seem to show a future (thanks to the c-drama magic aging mustaches for the males) family dinner...both Xu LingYi and 5th brother are there with wives and looks like kids...son for 5th brother/Danyang and daughter for Xu LingYi/ShiYi. Er-saw is also there so that means she’s good :D and Xu TaiTai...the two older boys are missing but I’m just going to pretend they’re off on military adventures like their father. Qiao Yiniang gets caught with her schemes cause she’s begging Xu TaiTai but is pushed away...so I think they’re all putting on an act when kicking out Shiyi. Definitely from the teasers we know she does get the divorce letter and is forced to leave but that new MV definitely supports the noble idiocy trope :D Just give us enough sweetness to get us through the angst. 

Edited by SC2019
Please do not quote pictures/videos/twitter links when you reply! TQ.
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, hello210 said:

On that Facebook site, there’s also a BTS/making-of video where they seem to show a future family dinner...both Xu LingYi and 5th brother are there with wives and looks like kids...son for 5th brother/Danyang and daughter for Xu LingYi/ShiYi. Er-saw is also there so that means she’s good :D and Xu TaiTai...the two older boys are missing but I’m just going to pretend they’re off on military adventures like their father. Qiao Yiniang gets caught with her schemes cause she’s begging Xu TaiTai but is pushed away...so I think they’re all putting on an act when kicking out Shiyi. Definitely from the teasers we know she diets the divorce letter and is forced to leave but that new MV definitely supports the noble idiocy trope :D Just give us enough sweetness to get us through the angst. 

Yes it seems like our LingYi is going to push our ShiYi away because when he’s injured he probably realized how his life is always in the line and doesn’t want ShiYi to be alone if he dies one day. I wonder what happen that made Xu Tai Tai to faint in the MV. Also the scene where she fell in the rain I saw a BTS of LingYi comes and carries her and then they end up kissing while she was crying. So they’ll reconcile. I’m sure it’s a happy ending. We just have to muster through the sad scenes. I wonder what’s going to happen with her and Luo family 

Spoiler

I wonder where’s Madam Wen?

• Like 3

On 3/1/2021 at 4:41 PM, pad-hari said:

@UnniSarah, some scripwriting for the drama has changed from the novel.  I came to know that actually FL's mom is well alive in the novel but in drama she has been murdered which makes the viewers pique more interest into its investigation.  But i dont know if your question can be answered as they've retained the same scenario.  Yeah, it seems SYN's brother and Master Jiang may be love-interest.

There is no point in pondering that ML has so many concubines.  He has been forced by his mom to accept them.  He never had any affection towards them but accepted them as a responsibility.   And why is his brother even appearing on the screen - to nod his head whatever his wife says such a slave to her????? what a character he is!!!!!!

I saw seven tan's ost mv, the song is so good and her voice is so beautiful.  there are so many sweet scenes in it.

i don't know why all misfortunes that happen to FL's sister and concubine Qiao caused by SYN. Unbelievable... all their sorrowfulness caused by their karma, greediness, jealousy. still they blame SYN

Edited by SC2019
Please do not quote pictures/videos when you reply! TQ.
  • Like 2

Xu Ling Yi gives his mother the respect being a filial son. However, the last decision is his to made. In Confucian system, a woman must follow the 3 obeys. Obey your father, obey your husband and lastly obey your son. As the mother you can control your son somewhat but looking at Xu Ling Yi even his mother realized that there is a limit to her power over him.

The current status of the Xu family is because of Xu Ling Yi's hard work who rebuild back the family fortunes. The family was heading for a whole clan alienation and it was Shi Yiniang's grandfather who step in and told the Emperor to have Xu Ling Yi redeem the family by serving the country. That is why he is so strict and cannot indulge the overspending. That is why his softer side is hidden as he seems to be very good at craft work. He made a brocade feather fan, then seen making a wooden toy sword for his son and lastly a lantern to replace the one who got burned at a fair.

I must say that 5th Master got a supportive wife. Although she is like a hot potato. She is supportive of his interest in opera. I can understand that being a Princess, she is not going to tolerate an legitimate son of her husband. It was great that Xu Ling Yi lectured him that his wife had to handle a family crisis and got hurt as a result because he was not at home but was busy pursuing his interest.

I loved the fact that Xu Ling Yi did not even cast an eyelid at Madame Qiao when he gave out the punishment. The household authority is to be passed to my wife.

Madame Qiao lacks intelligence. She can just whine and throw tantrums but she is losing her cronies. Basically, all her plans, she just shot herself on the foot. She tried to ruin Shi Yiniang's reputation but she got questioned By Xu Ling Yi on Liu MaMa. She tried to create it was Shi Yiniang's negligence that cause Zhun Ge's condition but she is the one who brought in the bacteria carrier.

Although it is not her own doing but her MaMa crony embezzled the rice for the flood relief. Okay, the Qu/Au Family is involved but I am sure they must have gotten that relative to gamble more than he should and blackmail them to act. Madame Qiao proved totally hopeless in crisis management as her solution is always go back to her family. Unlike Shi Yiniang who got such a reliable contact person and even brought out her own dowry to purchase rice. What is the other 3 doing. Madame Wen did offer some lip service.

I like to add that Xu Ling Yi is a man of science. He told Madame Qiao if praying helps to cure illness, there will be no need for physicians.

• Like 7

On 2/27/2021 at 5:15 AM, SC2019 said:

:surprisedwut: omo, the voice dubber for Wallace Chung is the same person who dubbed for Ye Hua (Mark Chao) in TMOPB. Oh No.... I can't get Ye Hua's face out of my head everytime Wallace Chung open's his mouth now. (face palm). What am I going to do, and I just started for the first 10 mins (sighs, shakes heads)

Omg thank you for confirming my suspicions. I watch TMOPB so many times, so I have Mark Chao soothing voice engraved in my head. When I first watch Wallace Chung in Sword and Brocade, I was like that voice and his aura is just like Mark Chao.  I was like they can be twins. 

And then I was like...Wallace Chung is from Hong Kong. There should be an accent when he speaks Mandarin. I knew he sang the ending song and then it click I was like they dubbed his voice with Mark Chao.

In some similarities between the two dramas, I do find Ye Hua and Xu Lingyi similar. They're both cold and distance, understand their family status and title, and they both love their main wife. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Concubine Qiao is such an eye sore, she's not capable enough to fight with FL in clever or advanced way , instead she's been being a catalyst for our OTP's romance and I hope she will and always be.

Xu Ling Yi's obviously smitten by Shiyi but I think SY still has doubt in her heart because she's been focusing on how to resolve her mother's murder first. That's why she's still closing her heart to receive XLY's affection.

Apart from the murder mystery , I'm looking forward to seeing how the couple resolve their problem together instead doing some noble idiocy to save each other. finger crossed.

• Like 2

https://mydramalist.com/photos/rlr4D_3

The airing schedule or episode release is stressing me out more than the spoilers. They are expected and plot lines I've encountered before. However waiting for the episodes to drop in the next 4 weeks is killing me. Thank goodness a 45 episode drama finishes in a month. Thank goodness for pre- production.

This just got added on WeTV. Rewatching this made me snicker. See? Told you he was a dutiful son and husband. He does his husbandly duty and he was planning on doing it on his wedding night. Its going to be so much awkward now when it happens. I saw it on a video where he- this must be on next week- where he was about to kiss her. Then the next thing is the morning scene and her hair was completely done. Hah!

• Like 1

Just when you think ep 15 and 16 were sweet, ep 17 and 18 are even sweeter. Butterflies all over. We got to see the scene where she was measuring his dimensions. Them eating lunch together and him asking her about the clothes he was going to make him. She totally forgot about it and to pacify him she told him that his figure is able to carry any clothing or any clothing will look good on him. XYL was beaming in the inside but trying to act indifferent on the outside Hahaha. The final scene where he carried her to bed and her pretending to be a sleep was so cute. He knew that she was pretending but was acting along. 

Daddi Tang's character is appearing more frequently now. He seems like a nice guy and Shi Yi could have had a nice marriage with him too. I feel sorry for him. Thinking that she is still available and getting all excited to woo Shi Yi when in actual fact she is already married. Poor fellow. 

XLY is such a bully to his staff hahaha. When Shi Yi makes him unhappy he takes it out on his 2 side kicks. 

Romance blooming between Shi Yi's maid and XLY's side kick. Like his master, he falls in love with the gal first with the gal being clueless. 

The footage we saw where Shi Y has her hair down and teaching weavers. It's not Shi Yi opening her own shop but she is helping her teacher to teach the female refugees to weave/embroidery. She has her hair down as a "disguise" so that nobody recognises her as the marquis' wife. 

The kid is confirmed the 5th brother's illegitimate son. Shi Yi already guessed so herself (smart gal). XLY didnt even have to explain to her. Both Qin and Qiao are fighting to adopt the kid. Qiao's reason is a selfish one. She is hoping that by adopting the kid XLY will visit her more often (to see "his son") and therefore she has more chances to interact with him and develop feelings. Of course, Madame Xu supported her. And 2nd DIL also thinks Qiao is most suitable to adopt the kid. But XLY immediately rebutted by saying that Qiao is used to be taken care of instead of her taking care of someone else. Shi Yi chimed in by suggesting that Qin is more suitable. In the end they decided to let both Qiao and Qin interact with the boy and see who is able to build better rapport with him. 

• Like 5

Hallelujah! The ending for episode 20. Thank god.

So now I can wait for next week. I am going back to rewatching from ep 11 to 18 slowly.

The guy is a goner. Can anyone pinpoint when it changed? I was just at episode 10 this evening and he still wasn't enamoured. I mean he was at ep 16. Like what made him fall for her?

And oh yeah Concubine Qiao or whatever her name is. You bring a sharp object for a child and you call it a conspiracy your dumb servant bought it?

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Polly said:

Just when you think ep 15 and 16 were sweet, ep 17 and 18 are even sweeter. Butterflies all over. We got to see the scene where she was measuring his dimensions. Them eating lunch together and him asking her about the clothes he was going to make him. She totally forgot about it and to pacify him she told him that his figure is able to carry any clothing or any clothing will look good on him. XYL was beaming in the inside but trying to act indifferent on the outside Hahaha. The final scene where he carried her to bed and her pretending to be a sleep was so cute. He knew that she was pretending but was acting along. 

Yes, I do think this eps is my favorite, so many sweet scenes between them.

His head is getting big and bigger after those praises from his furen, not just for his 'well built figure' but also when SY trust him about FQ origin and explain why FQ is not his son ( because he is a proud man and would attracted to high nobled women).

This drama makes me comeback to soompi after Under the Power and watch it while still running, usually I've waited until the show is over before binge-watch it.

This forum should tide me over until next eps.

Oh the waiting.....

13 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Hallelujah! The ending for episode 20. Thank god.

So now I can wait for next week. I am going back to rewatching from ep 11 to 18 slowly.

The guy is a goner. Can anyone pinpoint when it changed? I was just at episode 10 this evening and he still wasn't enamoured. I mean he was at ep 16. Like what made him fall for her?

And oh yeah Concubine Qiao or whatever her name is. You bring a sharp object for a child and you call it a conspiracy your dumb servant bought it?

I think when she took care of Zhun because after those moment that he gave her the fan.

Before that, SY always obedient and unproblematic so he must see that SY is different of his initial impression. 

• Like 3

So, a long wait from today till next monday when the next set of episodes will be uploaded.  Maybe the angst may start for our couple at the end of the last upload of twin episodes next week.  But acc.to the schedule we may get episodes upto 30 available since its released for the VIP viewers on 10th march.

since @Polly has recapped ep.17 & 18, i just post some images of the sweet scene where he princess carry her to the bed.

gP1utmG.jpg

Spoiler

Gb4UrQl.jpg

RIDzWAh.jpg

FuCbWyQ.jpg

hBrFyG3.jpg

This scene is also cute.  The look they gave at him:kiss_wink:

Spoiler

hQZJYyS.jpg

Some bts pics 

awwww, they are beautiful in red.  I think this wedding is their second one:getmygrooveon:

Spoiler

W5o4rou.jpg

hAkma1N.jpg

SnoAWfU.jpg

gkQcerF.jpg

Netizens eagle eyes, they are worried about the child not covered with a quilt, hehe

MDYdojh.jpg

Our second couple

Spoiler

C4OJLT2.jpg

upcoming sweet scene

Spoiler

aruCKsZ.jpg

cr: weibo

• Like 5
  • Love 1

On 3/3/2021 at 8:12 AM, pad-hari said:

This scene is also cute.  The look they gave at him

awwww, they are beautiful in red.  I think this wedding is their second one

cr: weibo

They’re in formal court attire...not a wedding. Since they’re both going into the palace I think they’re getting rewarded. It’s in the MV where they were holding hands and smiling. The pic of Shiyi and Zhun watching LingYi is too cute. 30 episodes on the 10th? :hwaiting: I just signed up for VIP a couple days ago and still figuring it out :D. What’s the difference between WeTv and Tencent Video?

Ran into two versions of our talented Xu LingYi while surfing The Sword and Brocade previews on YouTube.:D :gangnamstyle:

cr:YouTube

• Like 2