[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Brilliant Heart Like Jade/The Sword and The Brocade 锦心似玉

sugarplum892

1 minute ago, jacquelinetan said:

I think it is so lovely to watch that for once our Hao Ye wants to stay Shi Yiniang's bedroom because he wants to.

Which episode? It’s still supposed to be 2 episodes a day until Mar 3 right?

1 minute ago, hello210 said:

Which episode? It’s still supposed to be 2 episodes a day until Mar 3 right?

Upcoming. Watch a clip of it.

Today - Episodes 15 & 16

3/3 - Episodes 17 & 18

8/3 - Episodes 19 & 20

9/3 - Episodes 21 & 22

10/3 - Episodes 23 to 30

15/3 - Episodes 31 to 36

22/3 - Episodes 37 to 42

29/3 - Episodes 43 to 45

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Heart wearming scene:heart3:

How precious is the gift!!!!!:selfie2:

One of the bts in an upcoming episode.  I watched many bts videos and the OTP are so cute.  

Actually in the show, he is literally like a walking rock, but he does tease Shiyi so much and also enjoys it.  Wallace is becoming one of my favorite actor after this Xu Jingli character.

cr: weibo

Love it...walking rock:hwaiting2:

Edited by SC2019
Please do not quote pictures/videos when you reply! TQ.
  • LOL 2

@Super_DedeI couldn't agree more with you. I enjoyed Story of Minglan too but there is no point comparing as each drama tells a different story with different actors, setting etc. Folks should just enjoy the ride.

The fact that he has concubines is more realistic. It would have been unbelievable if he is still single when he supposed to be decade+ older than the FL. And the way the story develops it doesn't irritate me like a typical harem show. In fact, it gives another dimension, apart from Qiao which is the typical concubine fighting for ML affection, the rest of the concubines seem to have resigned to their faith. I was quite touched by Wen's portrayal in ep 14. She knows her situation and is not delusional to think that she can win the ML favour. All she wants is for her son to study hard and some day become an government official to support her in old age. It also helps that the ML is not the lustful type that keeps on hopping in and out of the concubines bedrooms. 

Thanks for the spoiler on the BTS. It's very reassuring. Hope all ends up well for Da Niang as Qiao is really ruthless. 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

Today - Episodes 15 & 16

3/3 - Episodes 17 & 18

8/3 - Episodes 19 & 20

9/3 - Episodes 21 & 22

10/3 - Episodes 23 to 30

15/3 - Episodes 31 to 36

22/3 - Episodes 37 to 42

29/3 - Episodes 43 to 45

@jacquelinetan Thank you! :)

I didn’t realize Wallace Chung sang the ending OST. :heart:  Waiting for all the songs to be available on iTunes. 

• Like 1

I watched tonite's episodes raw and loved it so much.  Each and every episode is getting better and better.  QLF did not mess up the charity soup porridge distribution thingy, its her maid who messed and ousted by Shiyi niang.  The Ou people also messing into this affairs and failed coz our XJL comes to the rescue of LSN  when she gets hurt and the slow burn romance starts.  XJL has completely fallen for her, but still our FL is hesitant.  So he accompanies her and finally to her quarters.:tounge_wink: The episode ends. Wow!!! its really thrilling to watch this type of romance in an arranged marriage between the OTP, lols!!!!!  Since QLF messed up this, LSN was given the charge of home managing duty.  hoho!!!!

Supeman oops!!! XJL to the rescue!!!!!

pfnz9pL.gif

8eWD9Rh.gif

hgp6NXJ.gif

cr:weibo 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Episodes 15 & 16 were so sweet! I'm going to get diabetes soon because of this show hahahaha. Shi Yi is slowly falling for XLY. And XLY is already smitten. 

The way she looked at him when he came back just in time to safe the situation. It's part relief and admiration but not love yet. For XLY it's obvious that he only has eyes for her. The part when he visited Qin was so awkward but cute at the same time. He was obviously there because Shi Yi was there but Shi Yi had no idea and was still trying to leave XLY with Qin. When Shi Yi wanted to leave XLY immediately followed her. Leaving poor Qin alone.

Qiao is getting more delusional with each episode. Her maid created a mess and she had no clue how to resolve the matter, except for covering it up. Shi Yi stepped up and took control over the situation. And she still has the cheek to feel wronged and blame others for loosing the right to manage the household and that her maid was expelled (what logic?).

Madame Xu is another character. She is so prejudiced and after everything that has happened, she still thinks Qiao is the best candidate to manage the household. When XLY suggested for Shi Yi to take over. She still sought her 2nd DIL's views. Luckily, the 2nd DIL is level headed and agreed with XLY so she had no choice but to give in. But she is hopeful that eventually the right will return to Qiao when Shi Yi screws up. Hahaha.... Madame that will NEVER happen. 

I also like it that Wen played a big part in exposing Qiao's mismanagement and tactfully channelled the info to Shi Yi. It's like teamwork. 

Btw, those who have watched The Rebel Princess, I had a deja vu moment when XLY saved Shi Yi from the falling board with an arrow during the food distribution scene. It's like XQ saving Awu from Zilu's sword with an arrow. 

• Like 7

Episodes 15 & 16 were so sweet!:).

5 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

Today - Episodes 15 & 16

3/3 - Episodes 17 & 18

8/3 - Episodes 19 & 20

9/3 - Episodes 21 & 22

10/3 - Episodes 23 to 30

15/3 - Episodes 31 to 36

22/3 - Episodes 37 to 42

29/3 - Episodes 43 to 45

@jacquelinetan Thank you! :)

Which episode is the one where the ML snuck into bed with Shiyi and Zhun-ge? I saw it on YT. I am choosing to ignore the impending kneeling or being chased out into rain scene. Since the main leads always have to suffer anyway.

I can't work out if they will kiss first or sleep together first based on the YT trailers. Since there is one where she is shown to have morning sickness. 

33 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Which episode is the one where the ML snuck into bed with Shiyi and Zhun-ge? I saw it on YT. I am choosing to ignore the impending kneeling or being chased out into rain scene. Since the main leads always have to suffer anyway.

I can't work out if they will kiss first or sleep together first based on the YT trailers. Since there is one where she is shown to have morning sickness. 

Not sure which episode it is since it was part of Songyun OST MV that she sang. So we just have to wait and see.

Spoiler

I saw the preview for episode 17 and 18. It seems like in episode 18, Lingyi brings back a little boy. I wonder if that little boy is his? Madam Qin also kneeled to our FL asking to save the boy? I wonder who what's the boy identity. In Episode 17 we get to see our FL taking charge and basically putting her foot down with the servants. I am excited to see our FL take charge! Also Daddi Tang is the illegitimate son from the Ou family. Oh gawd this is going to be chaotic because we know Daddi character have a crush on our FL. I wonder what Lingyi going to be like if he saw the two of them together.....and I hope they do not make Daddi character into some evil person. 

I watched episode 15 and 16. I cannot laughed out loud at the end when our lovely maids asks her if they should prepare Lingyi bath haha. Her face was like "HOW COULD YOU TWO?" Also I love how our ML knew she was trying to stop him but he kept on insisting to stay with her by making excuses. I really think Madam Xu old age is getting to her. For someone who held the XU family when their whole household was imprisoned seem to lost her touch on reading people. I get it Madam Qian is your niece but still she made so many mistakes and your response is what if Shiyi messed up the household. Just because of her prejudice on her being an concubine daughter. I wonder if our couple will consummate their relationship and will we see it. Jealous Lingyi would be interesting to see since he might be cold on the outside he is a lot more emotional than our female lead. I feel like Shiyi is more of a rock than him when it comes to romance. Can't blame the girl she is still young and didn't have time to think of romance. I also want to see how he become supportive of her embroidery. On the synopsis it says that he helps her to open up an embroidery store.  By the way every time madam Qian shows up I want to slap her across the face LOL gosh......she is so delusional and naïve. That's why people can take advantage of her. She is going to be the reason why the Xu family will fall into pit of fire.

P.S any guesses on who the murder of Shiyi mother? I have a feeling someone in the Xu family is a spy for the Ou family. And the Ou family killed Shiyi mother cause she witness something between the pirates and the Ou family. If Shiyi finds out oh she is going to take the Ou family down.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Super_Dede said:

P.S any guesses on who the murder of Shiyi mother? I have a feeling someone in the Xu family is a spy for the Ou family. And the Ou family killed Shiyi mother cause she witness something between the pirates and the Ou family. If Shiyi finds out oh she is going to take the Ou family down.

This makes a lot of sense. My theory is that whoever killed her, they did it because she witnessed some funny business and they had to silence her. The theory that the Old Madam of the Luo family did it to make Shiyi feel guilty and psychologically manipulate her doesn't make sense to me because it would have been much easier for her to control Shiyi with Shiyi's birth mother alive and under her control. I think her strategy of using Shiyi's guilt against her was just Madam Luo adapting to the circumstances.

Just going off my gut, I feel like Concubine Qin is the most likely to be involved in funny business. It seems like she has a grudge against Lingyi over her miscarriage and she has no children or family backing, so she doesn't have much to lose.

• Like 6

The courting of wife is no small task.Xu Lingyi is learning the most important lesson.Thanxs to Shiyi he is experiencing what his concubines go through in getting his attention.Will it make him more appreciative of them?

The 2nd concubine didn't look happy seeing him being a warm and caring husband at the dinner table.I am unable to decide if she is a red herring or a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Linangfeng continues to be the spoilt brat of a rich household who thinks the world of herself and can't accept Shiyi can be better than her.The plotting from her end will get dangerous and reckless henceforth.Hopefully she will keep employing clumsy methods and get caught quickly.

The illegitimate son of the Ou family will be in for a rude shock when he learns whom he helped.Will he continue to be a good guy or would plot to break Shiyi and Xu Lingyi to help his family?

I have too many questions in trying to be a sleuth and guess the plot line ahead.Detective Shiyi is rubbing off on me.:lol:

I am guessing Xu Lingyi will help Shiyi with her embroidery workshop to make up for using her dowry to help with the refugee crisis.

Looking forward to more saccharine sweet ep 17 and 18.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

25 minutes ago, clawedzip said:

This makes a lot of sense. My theory is that whoever killed her, they did it because she witnessed some funny business and they had to silence her. The theory that the Old Madam of the Luo family did it to make Shiyi feel guilty and psychologically manipulate her doesn't make sense to me because it would have been much easier for her to control Shiyi with Shiyi's birth mother alive and under her control. I think her strategy of using Shiyi's guilt against her was just Madam Luo adapting to the circumstances.

Just going off my gut, I feel like Concubine Qin is the most likely to be involved in funny business. It seems like she has a grudge against Lingyi over her miscarriage and she has no children or family backing, so she doesn't have much to lose.

OMG yes I agree with you. The quiet ones are usually the scary ones. I think Madam Qin is too quiet and too “benevolent”. I definitely think she holds a grudge with her miscarriage. I wonder if her miscarriage is related to Shiyi older sister. Like you said I also believe Madam Luo would benefit more if her mom was alive not dead. My friend told me the original novel her mom was alive and never died. Also Daddi Tang character is not in the original novel. They changed the character around as well so even if you read the novel you’re not sure where the direction it’ll go lol. Shiyi is going to catch the Ou family attention and they going to find out Lingyi weakness is Shiyi and to make him weaker they will probably plot something against her. Which is why there’s a scene that she’s in jail and about to get beheaded. I wonder if Daddi Tang character will be involved with that mess. Or will he help our couple. From what it seems Madam Wen will end up being on Shiyi side. Just by seeing how Shiyi treats her son she will definitely side with her. 

• Like 5

preview ep17 and 18.  Why is shiyi anxious and what is she searching among the clothes?  Why is concubine Qin kneeling before our FL and crying?  Can somebody who knows mandarin briefly tell what is happening?

cr: as tagged

• Like 2

I have got to stop watching previews. I've overdosed but at least I found out which episode and scenes for the consummation and sleeping with kid scene.

Now back to ep 7 without fast forwarding. I have been on ep 10- 16 on fast forward because I was too impatient. I don't even know who the 2 leads are by the way. Or their previous drama but totally loving their scenes together. I watched the 2nd ML is My Little Happiness just last week. So I am kinda disorientated seeing him as the 2nd ML

56 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

preview ep17 and 18.  Why is shiyi anxious and what is she searching among the clothes?  Why is concubine Qin kneeling before our FL and crying?  Can somebody who knows mandarin briefly tell what is happening?

- XLY is increasing the allowance for SY. 

- XLY brought a kid back from outside. He claims it's his illegitimate child (those who have read the novel say that the kid is actually his 5th brother's but because he is married to a princess and to avoid a potential scandal/crisis, he decides to take the rap). SY's brother told her that it is only natural for XLY to acknowledge his lost son and bring him back but he advised her against adopting this child herself as she is the main wife the child would then be considered a Di child (and competing with Zhen Ge). Qin is begging on her knees asking SY if she can adopt the child instead. Separately, Qiao is also begging Madame Xu if she can adopt the child. Madame Xu said that she is still young and eventually will have her own children (basically saying why she want to adopt someone else's child when she can have her own).

- SY is taking control over the household and reprimanding and removing the corrupted maids. 

- SY is going thru XLY's clothes. She is trying to find clues about her mom's death. She is searching if any of XLY's clothes matches with the fabric her mom was holding when she died. Just when she was going through his clothes XLY asked her what she was doing. The next scene is probably her telling XLY that she wants to make him new clothes and is going through his clothes for samples and to get his measurements. And we'll get to see the scene in the MV where she is taking XLY's measurements with a tape. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Super_Dede said:

OMG yes I agree with you. The quiet ones are usually the scary ones. I think Madam Qin is too quiet and too “benevolent”. I definitely think she holds a grudge with her miscarriage. I wonder if her miscarriage is related to Shiyi older sister. Like you said I also believe Madam Luo would benefit more if her mom was alive not dead. My friend told me the original novel her mom was alive and never died. Also Daddi Tang character is not in the original novel. They changed the character around as well so even if you read the novel you’re not sure where the direction it’ll go lol. Shiyi is going to catch the Ou family attention and they going to find out Lingyi weakness is Shiyi and to make him weaker they will probably plot something against her. Which is why there’s a scene that she’s in jail and about to get beheaded. I wonder if Daddi Tang character will be involved with that mess. Or will he help our couple. From what it seems Madam Wen will end up being on Shiyi side. Just by seeing how Shiyi treats her son she will definitely side with her. 

The two quiet ones are Qin Yiniang and Er-saw (second sister-in-law), the widow.  Life as a young widow during that time frame was restrictive and you’re trapped as a martyr in your husband’s family. There are so many possibilities for Shiyi’s mom’s death. It was wrong place, wrong time and killed for it...it could be that the bandit did kill her and one of the Xu wives secretly meeting someone had witnessed the murder but was scared to help in case they got be caught and is hiding everything or they could be the culprit in cahoots with the Ou family.  Anything’s possible at this point but I do think the Ou family has a mole in the Xu household. Luo-TaiTai basically took advantage of Shiyi’s guilt over her mother’s death hence the psychological warfare. SMH...so many possibilities that the writer could go with Ou YanXing character since it was probably added as a catalyst for melodrama. I noticed Hupo’s reaction to meeting Ou YanXing for the first time...hmmm. Whether he’s going to be a good guy or bad guy, Ou YanXing can be a tool that Qiao Yiniang or Ou family could use against Shiyi. One of the preview scenes has him grab onto Shiyi as she was getting up to keep her from falling...which can be misinterpreted as Xu LingYi and Xu TaiTai walked in to witness it. What I love are the lyrics of the songs...they all sing to the trust and love that will develop between Shiyi and Xu LingYi. Xu LingYi is smart and perceptive so I don’t think he will fall for any tricks but he might use it as an excuse to send Shiyi away in order to protect her when things climax with the Ou family and he’s backed into a corner. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

12 minutes ago, hello210 said:

The two quiet ones are Qin Yiniang and Er-saw (second sister-in-law), the widow.  Life as a young widow during that time frame was restrictive and you’re trapped as a martyr in your husband’s family. There are so many possibilities for Shiyi’s mom’s death. It was wrong place, wrong time and killed for it...it could be that the bandit did kill her and one of the Xu wives secretly meeting someone had witnessed the murder but was scared to help in case they got be caught and is hiding everything or they could be the culprit in cahoots with the Ou family.  Anything’s possible at this point but I do think the Ou family has a mole in the Xu household. Luo-TaiTai basically took advantage of Shiyi’s guilt over her mother’s death hence the psychological warfare. SMH...so many possibilities that the writer could go with Ou YanXing character since it was probably added as a catalyst for melodrama. I noticed Hupo’s reaction to meeting Ou YanXing for the first time...hmmm. Whether he’s going to be a good guy or bad guy, Ou YanXing can be a tool that Qiao Yiniang or Ou family could use against Shiyi. One of the preview scenes has him grab onto Shiyi as she was getting up to keep her from falling...which can be misinterpreted as Xu LingYi and Xu TaiTai walked in to witness it. 

Yes, I am sure it’ll cause some misunderstandings mostly Shiyi is quiet and doesn’t display affection as much. So I can LingYi doubting her love at times. Not to mention idk if she will tell him about the murder and her speculations. I wonder what she’s going to be charged with that will cause her to be beheaded. LingYi seems to be fine and wanted to rescue her but looks like he doesn’t have the power. I guess we all should enjoy the love right now and Madam Qiao poor plans before the Ou family comes into picture and more drama happens. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Polly said:

SY is going thru XLY's clothes. She is trying to find clues about her mom's death. She is searching if any of XLY's clothes matches with the fabric her mom was holding when she died

OMO, why is she even doubting XLY.  wow!!! she is thorough in her investigation not leaving him too.  I hope she see his real love for her and understand he is very sincere to her.  

BTW @Polly, thanks so much for the translation.  

Actually the second s-i-l once came to SY's quarters once when she was taking care of Zhun ge.  She stopped on the entrance and left just like that.  I dont know if its a editing problem or she came to check on her.  

14 minutes ago, Super_Dede said:

LingYi seems to be fine and wanted to rescue her but looks like he doesn’t have the power.

I think he may help her escape and she comes with a different identity to marry him.  If she has been given the death sentence i dont think she can live with the same SY name or someone helped her from the sentence.  Wow!!! the script writer has made us really James Bond investigators.

• LOL 2

19 minutes ago, Super_Dede said:

Yes, I am sure it’ll cause some misunderstandings mostly Shiyi is quiet and doesn’t display affection as much. So I can LingYi doubting her love at times. Not to mention idk if she will tell him about the murder and her speculations. I wonder what she’s going to be charged with that will cause her to be beheaded. LingYi seems to be fine and wanted to rescue her but looks like he doesn’t have the power. I guess we all should enjoy the love right now and Madam Qiao poor plans before the Ou family comes into picture and more drama happens. 

Xu LingYi is smart and perceptive so I don’t think he will fall for any tricks and any misunderstandings could be cleared up but he might use it as an excuse to send Shiyi away in order to protect her when things climax with the Ou family and he’s backed into a corner.  I think their embroidery talk after the awkward threesome dinner gave him a bit more insight to why Shiyi is the way she is. Her and her mother depended on themselves and her embroidery to survive when they were on their own in the country. For Shiyi, she must be independent due to her experiences and Xu LingYi kind of parallels that to his own struggles to survive the family’s near destruction in the past.  What I love are the lyrics of the songs...they all sing to the trust and love that will develop between Shiyi and Xu LingYi.

• Like 3