[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Brilliant Heart Like Jade/The Sword and The Brocade 锦心似玉

sugarplum892

Actually, my heart goes out to Xu Ling Yi who find the responsibilities of his family a heavy yoke on his shoulders. No one shares his burden. Every women in the household makes demands on him. He does placed a high regards for his wife. With Yuan Niang, he was willing to let her complain in order to avoid a fight and worsen her condition. But as years goes, it is so tiresome which is why he spend more days away from home.

Shi Yiniang will be a refreshing change as she entered the household with no emotional attachment so basically he will be at ease with her because she makes no demands. I think it is lovely that he is going out of his way to ensure his wife is not bullied.

As for Madame Xiao, we have seen two occasions he had reprimanded her. That is why Shi Yiniang told her she better do a good job holding the household authority as everyone is watching her. Madame Xiao did not even take the hint.

Just saw a MV of Seven Tan singing one of the theme song. Madame Xiao asked for pointers to improve her harp skill, Xu Ling Yi gave her the music score book while with Shi Yiniang, he gave her close proximity lessons.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, hello210 said:

Definitely pushes them together. I thought it was funny how Xu LingYi was like “if you turned your sharp tongue on them instead of me, they wouldn’t bully you”...ShiYi gets under his skin and piques his interest.

So true @hello210 especially when she looks him in the eyes when she peaks to him. Lol 

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488660c0f734289bae3871

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Persevere and ye shall find..12 episodes and our 'Nancy Drew' Shiyi with her 2 loyal assistants finds the 2nd clue.Yards of the 'incrimaniting' fabric in the Xu storeroom. 

Success is often followed by her best friend i.e.,Challenge.

Shiyi's plan of steering clear of Xu household politics to make a clean exit sans entanglement on completion of her sleuthing mission meets the great wall of fate.

She is forced to get involved in the kitchen politics of Xu mansion.

The unexpected bonus in this adventure for Shiyi is the gradual discovery of a good,intelligent,loyal,honest,righteous family man who also happens to be a smart and tenacious general Xu Lingyi.He incidentally is also her better half not the bitter half  as the concubines experienced.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Shi YiNaiang’s sharp tongue and the way she stares at husband makes him so frustrated. :wow:

Ya I like their interactions too. So cute their bantering and his frustrated/embarrassed look when she outspeaks him. I'm totally digging the slow burn romance and their micro expressions. It's so refreshing! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 2/28/2021 at 12:18 PM, miaka fy said:

I'm just started and finish episode 01. I dw until episode 10 but will continue later :wub:

First when I know that Wallace and Seven are acting together I was surprise and happy. I know also it's from a novel. Then I went to read the synopsy and I was like WALLACE have wife and concubine already O.O NOOOOoooooooooo. But I started it because my friend ask me how I'm thinking about this serie. 

My first impression, it's started a bit like Ming Lang serie and I like it. Sure the feeling from the first minutes was like why and why Luo Shiyi and her mother suffer like that. It's probably the wife was jealous that Shiyi mother's was pregnant. Sadly she seem lost the baby too sigh

Luo Shiyi seem really a intelligent woman when she grow up. 15 year old and already have able to analyse the situation. Really fast thinking and can I said she cunning ^^

First meeting with Xu Liying was dramatic LOL Probably he didn't see her well but Luo Shiyi probably saw him. Second male lead there and I hope we don't have any second lead syndrome in this novel :tounge_xd:. He was like ''fall in love in the first sight'' and we already know he won't get our FL. Also when the LEAD wife call Luo Shiyi and her mother back, we already know that isn't something good. 

It's alike a novel I have read, the main wife call back the FL lead just to replace her daughter for the marriage and I was thinking it's probably a same situation. 

the only thing I don't like it in this story is ....WALLACE HAVE ALREADY A LOT WIFEYS :brokenheart:

Well...I only watch one episode so please let's me catch on everything before :whee!!: I have so much anime, drama and novel to catch it's crazy....24h isn't enough awawawaaaaaa

@UnniSarah Chingu I complete one episode yay for me LOL

@miaka fyhi...i don't like the fact that FL already had wifes hiksss.... I hope that in the end, he will release or divorce all his concubines and only has 1 wife :kiss_wink:

On 3/1/2021 at 3:28 PM, pad-hari said:

Some upcoming sweet scenes of our OTP:fullofhearts:

*cough* *cough*:getmygrooveon:

cr:weibo 锦心似玉

what episode is it?? Hohohoho...i can't wait to see this sweet scene....

Edited by SC2019
Please do not quote pictures/videos when you reply! TQ.
  • Like 2

Question for anyone who has read the novel?  Was Shin YiNiang’s brother sincere? Does he care for all his sister’s equally or was it an act. 
I can’t help but think there might have been an attraction between SYN’s brother and Her master 

• Like 1

@UnniSarah, some scripwriting for the drama has changed from the novel.  I came to know that actually FL's mom is well alive in the novel but in drama she has been murdered which makes the viewers pique more interest into its investigation.  But i dont know if your question can be answered as they've retained the same scenario.  Yeah, it seems SYN's brother and Master Jiang may be love-interest.

There is no point in pondering that ML has so many concubines.  He has been forced by his mom to accept them.  He never had any affection towards them but accepted them as a responsibility.   And why is his brother even appearing on the screen - to nod his head whatever his wife says such a slave to her????? what a character he is!!!!!!

ep.13-14 preview

cr: as tagged

I saw seven tan's ost mv, the song is so good and her voice is so beautiful.  there are so many sweet scenes in it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, pad-hari said:

Yeah, it seems SYN's brother and Master Jiang may be love-interest.

Sometimes my intuition is on point and I can just vibe it. Lol @pad-hari.  SYN’s brother isn’t like his mother at all and not a wuss like his father. I really a hoping that SYN’s brother isn’t fake. 

• LOL 1

On 3/1/2021 at 2:10 PM, UnniSarah said:

This house interior design is so beautiful and Shi YiNiang sitting in it is just makes it so much more memorable 

:heartxoxo:I want that window :D

22 hours ago, pad-hari said:

I searched for seven tan's ost and got the link.  Its very good. :heartxoxo:

YT link with eng subs

cr: as tagged

The words totally fit all the scenes in the MV. :7555_attack:

Qiao Yiniang just doesn’t get that Xu LingYi is about responsibility and order. This includes the home which is why he would protect the legal wife. After being reprimanded a couple of times, she voiced the question if the difference was because Shiyi is the wife and she’s the concubine but completely ignored it cause of her ignorant maids. Xu LingYi isn’t like MingLan’s father and grandfather. He understands the value of not sowing discord/disorder in the home by favoring the concubines over the wife. He appreciates Shiyi’s words about managing the household affairs...as long as it’s done properly, what does it matter who is doing the job...either way, she’s still currently the legal wife. That late night conversation I think was really the start of him feeling more relaxed towards her.

Edited by SC2019
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Some upcoming sweet scenes of our OTP:fullofhearts:

Can't wait for those scenes to be shown. Noticed that her hair is different. In some she has a centre part in others she has a side part. Think the side part is to signify that she is more mature and after she has consummated the marriage with the ML. 

• Like 4

In addition to the mystery of her mother’s death, there is another mysterious death - that of Shiyi Niang’s Sister. Before she died, Yuan Niang told Shiyi Niang to be careful - “the Xu household may look peaceful, but there is danger lurking ...”. She revealed that her illness came about for no apparent reason, and after it was discovered, there was already no cure for it. The killer must be someone in the Xu household. The old lady paving the way for her Niece? The second Wife who wants to pave way for her own Son? Or the childless third Wife who had a miscarriage and can no longer give birth to a child? She may seem harmless but could be harbouring a grudge.   Or even Lian Fang, plotting even before she married into the Xu family. Another mystery for our Shiyi Niang to solve! 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

30 minutes ago, omiki said:

In addition to the mystery of her mother’s death, there is another mysterious death - that of Shiyi Niang’s Sister. Before she died, Yuan Niang told Shiyi Niang to be careful - “the Xu household may look peaceful, but there is danger lurking ...”. She revealed that her illness came about for no apparent reason, and after it was discovered, there was already no cure for it. The killer must be someone in the Xu household. The old lady paving the way for her Niece? The second Wife who wants to pave way for her own Son? Or the childless third Wife who had a miscarriage and can no longer give birth to a child? She may seem harmless but could be harbouring a grudge.   Or even Lian Fang, plotting even before she married into the Xu family. Another mystery for our Shiyi Niang to solve! 

Yes, I just heard from somewhere that Madame Qin is a force to reckon with. It seems she wants to bring the whole Xu's family down. The straight forward Madame Wen will end up as Shi Yiniang's ally.

As for Xiao Lian Fang, as her name suggest she got snake "fangs"

• LOL 5

20 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Spoiler:

Hide contents

It seems the OTP get divorced due to some plotting by LFN/Madam Xu and are married once again where they start new lives as a couple.

cr:as tagged

Spoiler

The scenes are not in order but for some reason I don’t think the divorce is related to Qiao Yiniang and the Mother in law. I think Qiao Yiniang’s plot to get rid of Shiyi put her in jail with a death sentence. Also, so far the Mother in law hasn’t been a part of the plots, she backs up/makes excuses for Qiao Yiniang’s actions which is just as bad and completely goes against the virtues of the times. I think Xu LingYi divorced her to keep her out of the trouble that he’s going to get into. Aside from the harem drama, Xu LingYi is dealing with a huge political issue concerning the Sea trade ban which affected the livelihood of the people and pirating ran rampant. He’s going to go up against some really strong political opponents (one of his friends already got executed going against the guy). Their entire family also almost got executed once before because of his father and brother. Husbands that care will usually divorce their wives to save them from the fate of clan execution when they’re about to face danger where the odds are against them.

Edited by SC2019
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 3

Just saw a short segment of our couple presenting gifts. Xu Ling Yi gave Shi Yiniang a fan which she deemed too valuable to use. He asked her for a "Thank You" gift and she made him a pair of embroidered boots which he deemed so valuable that he feared for them when they got a little wet. He is indeed a man of simple needs. Later, he will have that pair of boots with him when he was sent off somewhere.

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

Yes, I just heard from somewhere that Madame Qin is a force to reckon with. It seems she wants to bring the whole Xu's family down. The straight forward Madame Wen will end up as Shi Yiniang's ally.

As for Xiao Lian Fang, as her name suggest she got snake "fangs"

Qin Yiniang is definitely that understated danger. She’s holding onto her lost child and being barren. She may not show it but there’s probably a crazy grudge with a background story (maybe holds Shiyi’s sister and Xu family responsible). From what I saw somewhere, Wen Yiniang and Qin Yiniang switched roles in the drama compared to the novel so I can see that plot happening. If so, then Wen Yiniang will probably be the ally to ensure her son’s survival. From her scenes already, she’s aloof about money/spending since she’s from a rich family but really cares mostly about her son...like not letting him around his brother for worry of him being blamed for anything if Zhun is hurt/ill.

• Like 4