[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

Hello hello all.. for those who liked the soulful song in ep 18.. wanna share something i saw.. my valentine just got a little more fluttery :love:

Source: https://zapzee.net/2021/02/09/gyeong-ree-participates-in-mr-queens-ost-with-but-i-miss-you/

“But I Miss You” was released first on the 18th episode of Mr. Queen on the 7th. The song expresses how Kim So Yong (played by Shin Hye Sun) is reminiscing of her memories with Cheol Jong (Kim Jung Hyun). The singer made the drama even more immersive with her pure and mournful voice.

Most importantly, Park Gyeong Ree’s “But I Miss You” will be released once again in the epilogue Mr. Queen: The Bamboo Forest, which contains episodes that TVING did not air in the main episodes of the drama. Fans are excited at the news as the singer is to once again please the viewers’ ears.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cenching said:

@aisling

Are you shipping them in RL?? :coolshades:

You know how hard I tried to resist... But seeing those snippets makes me wonder how much has tvN hidden from us. They made it look they didn’t interact at all except for their scenes... but it’s more like they didn’t show us.

Doesn’t your heart waver a bit when you see them like this?   :please:

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, aisling said:

You know how hard I tried to resist... But seeing those snippets makes me wonder how much has tvN hidden from us....

Doesn’t your heart waver a bit when you see them like this?  

What do you mean "a bit"?

It's ALL-IN or nothing, Chingu! :kaching1::piggie::luvarrow:

gambling win GIF by South Park  

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Need enlightment from anyone who knows Korean......:sparklyeyes:

From what I know, love is sarang in Korean. But in Mr Queen the translation for love in the scene where BI-SB exchanged information about the person who tried to killed SB was CJ, he used the word young moo/young mool. SB used the same word in Tango scene but it translated soul,  in Mandarin 灵魂/Línghún. I am wondering......:brokenheart:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cenching said:

From what I know, love is sarang in Korean. But in Mr Queen the translation for love in the scene where BI-SB exchanged information about the person who tried to killed SB was CJ, he used the word young moo/young mool. SB used the same word in Tango scene but it translated soul,  in Mandarin 灵魂/Línghún. I am wondering......:brokenheart:

사랑 is native Korean
연모 is Sino [ Chinese origin] more like 옛날 표현 which means "old expression" "old way of saying".

some time ago I came across this person's post saying  that it would look like wearing jeans in dynasty of 조선, if the characters of the historical dramas or people of those times used 사랑해요... it's a funny contrast, but I did somehow grasp his idea. 

the verb is 연모하다  戀慕하다 - of Sino origin -meaning to love and long for someone [ pron: yeon mo a da ]

나는 첫눈에 반했던 그녀를 깊이 연모하게 되었다.

I fell deeply in love with her, whom I had fallen in love at first sight. [it's all over the internet] when i think of you love GIF

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, aisling said:

You know how hard I tried to resist... But seeing those snippets makes me wonder how much has tvN hidden from us. They made it look they didn’t interact at all except for their scenes... but it’s more like they didn’t show us.

Doesn’t your heart waver a bit when you see them like this?   :please:

Have you seen this IG live from KJH on 11/15/20? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQipPwPH2vc

He said he started this live streaming because SHS said she would join his IG live if he did live streaming that day. KJH then started his IG live on the way home. He mentioned the reason he started the live in the beginning and said he will be waiting to see if SHS will join. After 7 or 8 minutes SHS joined the live. The whole live was about KJH waiting for SHS to join and the conversation was so cute between them. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

I can’t get over how Kim Jung Hyun searched for Shin Hye Sun immediately after being hugged by Na In Woo. He looked like he was being caught in something extramarital  :joy:

spacer.png

And his little smile   :heart2beat:

I think I’ll faint if they play Kim Jung Hyun’s OST during So Bong/Cheoljong reunion!

I decided I’d just trust the writers with the ending. They wouldn’t ruin the amazing drama with terrible ending, would they? It looks like they’ll resolve the palace politics in episode 19 and they’re leaving the identity reveal for the last episode.

• Like 11
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

14 hours ago, Lillybleue said:

Found on tweet #MrQueen the spoil of the title of episode 20

Reveal hidden contents

the title for mr queen last episode will be "My Life Without Me"....spacer.png

Just brainstorming it :bawling: ....

That title does make me sad. Whether So Bong remains in Oz or returns to Kansas, our hero is saying goodbye to a life that is very important to him/her. Like marriage or moving to a new country, there is sorrow mixed with the happiness at saying good-bye to a familiar life, friends and family.

4 hours ago, DeluLunaUnnie said:

For you who also are preparing your sepanx-postdrama care pack, OSTs (minus the videos) are a must. So here...

THE MUSIC

* Instrumental tracks included

Thanks! But where' the Love Triangle "la-ah-ah..!" instrumental track? :smiley:

51 minutes ago, aisling said:

I decided I’d just trust the writers with the ending. They wouldn’t ruin the amazing drama with terrible ending, would they? It looks like they’ll resolve the palace politics in episode 19 and they’re leaving the identity reveal for the last episode.

Agree! In episode 19 the prince will stab the queen in the back and in episode 20... oh, that was Game of Thrones. My bad! :naughty:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, Raffles said:

That title does make me sad. No matter what, our hero is saying goodbye to a life that is very important to him. Like marriage or moving to a new country, there is a lot of sorrow mixed with the happiness at saying good-bye to a familiar life, friends and family.

Bong Hwan’s body is in a vegetative state, so for me it’s still better if So Bong says goodbye to the body in the vegetative state and leaves a shallow life in the future than to leave Cheoljong, their baby, her friends, and meaningful life in Joseon. 

They’d better give us a satisfying explanation about So Yong/Bong Hwan connection, why their fates are intertwined etc. I still believe in the reincarnation theory, because if they make So Yong come back in the last 5 minutes to reap the glory, I’m going to puke and smash everything! I began this journey with Jang Bong Hwan and I want to end it with Jang Bong Hwan!

spacer.png

• Like 4

5 hours ago, cenching said:

Did she say yeonmo in the tango scene?

I recall this interview about this word: https://www.soompi.com/article/1448487wpp/exclusive-shin-hye-sun-and-kim-jung-hyun-share-message-for-global-mr-queen-fans-pick-other-roles-theyd-play-and-more

Kim Jung Hyun: Yeonmo is said quite often [in the drama]. It can be similar to sarang (love), but it also includes the emotion of earnest longing. I think it is a more rich expression of love.

Shin Hye Sun: One of So Yong’s lines is, “You have to yeonmo me.” How about using this phrase when confessing love in the future?

• Like 10
  • Blob 1

26 minutes ago, kwayteow_mama said:

I recall this interview about this word: https://www.soompi.com/article/1448487wpp/exclusive-shin-hye-sun-and-kim-jung-hyun-share-message-for-global-mr-queen-fans-pick-other-roles-theyd-play-and-more

Kim Jung Hyun: Yeonmo is said quite often [in the drama]. It can be similar to sarang (love), but it also includes the emotion of earnest longing. I think it is a more rich expression of love.

Shin Hye Sun: One of So Yong’s lines is, “You have to yeonmo me.” How about using this phrase when confessing love in the future?

They don't use this verb to confess because is outdated; I would say it is more like an obsolete word -> no longer in active use in speech and writing; from my point of view -"yeonmohada" is more pure bcuz revolves around affection - which may be seen as an emotional display of love, including words and physical touch whilst "saranghada" may sound superficial to describe the way people understood the whole concept of love back then.  Nowadays it is used only in historical dramas.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4

I think “yeonmo” is such a beautiful word however outdated. Or maybe because it’s archaic it sounds so poetic.

Even in English nowadays people don’t use a word “long for someone” so often. They usually say “I miss someone” which can’t hold the deeper meaning of “longing for someone.”

• Like 8

1 hour ago, kara_mella said:

They don't use this verb to confess because is outdated; I would say it is more like an obsolete word -> no longer in active use in speech and writing; from my point of view -"yeonmohada" is more pure bcuz revolves around affection - which may be seen as an emotional display of love, including words and physical touch whilst "saranghada" may sound superficial to describe the way people understood the whole concept of love back then.  Nowadays it is used only in historical dramas.

On the subject of Korean expression of love, in the king lake confession scene, I also noticed that the king has used 좋아 joa (sorry if this is misrepresented in any way but hopefully I get the message through). As I understand this to mean like and from my cultural lens, it feels like this is one step down before love. So I did wonder about this. Was there some "reservation" (for lack of a better term) because what he's feeling for the queen is new to him at that time or he wasn't fully sure about how the queen feels about him or just because this being a first love confession?

Anyway I feel this scene along with the background song here captured the feeling of yeonmo here.. credit to @aisling twitter

• Like 7

2 hours ago, kwayteow_mama said:

Yes, but it’s translated as soul by Viki and 灵魂 in Mandarin. Other sites (the ones shouldn’t be named here) translated “get into it”.

Minute 1:38 onward

@kara_mella

Thank you, so yeonmo is Sino origin. Well, that's explained since Joseon era was strongly influenced by Chinese. Their palace's halls were named in Chinese too.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

The eunuchs were already far away and CJ telling SY that they were still watching them. Naughty CJ... Just to enjoy his wife's hug a little more

:alegria: :alegria: :alegria: :alegria:

International fans needed a translation with ten thousand footnotes. As in the drama the modern words and the English words So Bong speaks are important, we end up losing a lot of things because we don't understand Korean :weary:

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

@Mila I second you.. 

Life after Mr Queen...

It would really help with my separation anxiety if KJH and SHS were to collaborate as romantic lead in another drama/ movie set in modern day or otherwise (I'm not picky).. and then of course what KJH and SHS choose to do with their personal lives is none of my business BUT in the unlikely event that they also become a real life couple.. I would cry in cathartic release!!! LOL

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1