[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

13 minutes ago, cenching said:

Wasn't he a cook in The Special Force??? 

In most special forces worldwide, everyone is a soldier first and gets the same training. I assume South Korea is the same.... So Bong just said she went through extensive cold weather combat training. (Speaking of which, it would have been nice to see some sign of that this weekend.)

• Like 10

2 hours ago, aisling said:

Is anybody else starting to have separation anxiety? I can’t stop thinking about how I’m going to cope after Mr Queen ends

I’ve been pumped up about Mr Queen long months before it started airing. And since December my everyday life has been filled with excitement, laughter, any happiness thanks to this drama. I’ve been watching k-dramas for over a decade but there were only 2 dramas that made me this crazy to the point I was willing to livestream it without understanding Korean :joy:

Mr Queen was basically my dream drama with the plot that sounded compelling and interesting and with the cast I admired. There was no single episode that disappointed me and it’d always remain the drama that was daring, bold, and audacious to the point that stunned me several times.

But of course this drama wouldn’t be the same without Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun. I will always feel thankful to the person who cast them together. The production team needed two actors who were willing to take risk, who were known for their monster acting to pull off dual roles, but also actors who had great comedic timing as well. There aren’t that many actors who can be both dead serious or dead hilarious like SHS and KJH.

I will pray to the drama gods to see them acting together at least once in my lifetime again

Oh dear, you articulated everything that most of us are feeling and thinking and wishing for right now. I think we need to start that prayer/manifestation circle right before this drama ends. There is power when fans get together, what more with antifans and future royal aunties and uncles? :hooray::dontwanna::gangnamstyle:

• Like 9

It would be awesome if the king's special forces, who trained hard using the manual that the queen helped compile will invade the palace and take care of those old dodos who cling to their court posts for the money and power.

The drama and the production may have some loopholes, but there are several things that are worth noting. For example, in the prenatal education book started by the queen, she wrote on the pages horizontally. On the other hand, the king wrote his messages to their baby vertically, according to tradition. While Hangul was already enforced during his time, isn't he using Hanja, while the queen uses Hangul?

Another observation, the queen was wearing suede boots when they trekked across the mountains. LOL. Where did she get that?

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, reddragon said:

It would be awesome if the king's special forces, who trained hard using the manual that the queen helped compile will invade the palace and take care of those old dodos who cling to their court posts for the money and power.

The drama and the production may have some loopholes, but there are several things that are worth noting. For example, in the prenatal education book started by the queen, she wrote on the pages horizontally. On the other hand, the king wrote his messages to their baby vertically, according to tradition. While Hangul was already enforced during his time, isn't he using Hanja, while the queen uses Hangul?

Another observation, the queen was wearing suede boots when they trekked across the mountains. LOL. Where did she get that?

As far as I know Hangul already use since 16th century but not for official in palace still use Hanja. Though King Sejong at 15th century intention when he made this for the people can read cause the hanja is too complex to reas and to write. The ancient hangul s not the same as modern hangul. They re start from right to left and from up to down such as discovered poem Songangasa at 1768.

So I think Joseon period of Choeljong already had hangul to write but for official palace write and read still in Hanja.

So for this drama when Queen write as modern from left to write horizontal but The King still ancient hangul from right to left and vertically.

• Like 11
  • Insightful 1

I can't resist to join at soompi forum thanks to this masterpiece drama. I have been a k-drama lover since Full House time (god knows what it was), been lurking at soompi forum for years, and only this drama finally got me here. For sure, I've repeatedly watched bed scene ep. 14 and outdoor moaning scene ep. 17 like xxxxx times lol.

Anyway, regardless how the ending will be, I personally think that as much as it's such a regretful story if BH is died during his vegetative state, I don't think it's a bad idea. It will give a clear closure to BH's 2021 story and we can get solid ending for Sb and Cj in the new era of Joseon (literally new history as he might be the King who starts constitutional monarchy of Joseon). I remember Sb's self conversation when she lied her head on table and looked at sleeping Cj (after midnight ramyeon) basically she said that she's been doing everything for the sake of future (history will change and Japan invasion would not happen and so on). In line with this, I can say that even though BH's life in 2021 has to end tragically, but his life as BH meets the full purpose by being SY in CJ's reign. It is not that bad (IMHO). I hope, ending will bravely go this way, be all clear than be grey, then us as audiences can feel satisfied - in a sense of watching k-drama which doesnt have sucks ending (we can list a lot here) like many others. So, I have big wish Mr. Queen would make different history in K-dramas' record (may Zeus grant my wish).

• Like 18
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

38 minutes ago, skinnyjeans said:

Want to share with you all the Eng-Sub version of BTS ep 17-18, subbed by erisintrouble

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CLCHKmsJ0hQ/?igshid=umvqxkm9xqnx

thank you!

I thought KJH was into caressing but I think it's more so because of the cold :joy: he even has a hot pack in his sleeves - found it cute that SHS was filming him 

Guys, chingus, my fellow-gutter mates - I'm also having pre-withdrawal issues - I'll miss all the bantering and theorising and being in the gutter :brokenheart:

• Like 5

I just had a random thought here after seeing kjh making out with seo yeji in a precovid drama.. if i could just ask the production team one random trivia question.. was the episodes after episode 8/9 hot kiss filmed with stricter covid precautionary measure that didn't allow real kisses? Scientifically though, to be that close without a mask is already at risk.. i guess i can kinda appreciate the production team dilemma here.. well anyway here's to hoping for at least one more real make out scene ala ep 8/9 either in the remaining episode or spin off episode

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, kwayteow_mama said:

I just had a random thought here after seeing kjh making out with seo yeji in a precovid drama.. if i could just ask the production team one random trivia question.. was the episodes after episode 8/9 hot kiss filmed with stricter covid precautionary measure that didn't allow real kisses? Scientifically though, to be that close without a mask is already at risk.. i guess i can kinda appreciate the production team dilemma here.. well anyway here's to hoping for at least one more real make out scene ala ep 8/9 either in the remaining episode or spin off episode

Can you provide some link for research purposes :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

I kept wondering why they name it zzang_cowdragon and iron_bell_2, then I found this enlightening explanation on Reddit. A moment of Eureka! :Woah:

spacer.png

Source: reddit

I did test it myself with google translate. It is pronounced as Cheoljong-ie when you click the Listen button. :blush:

spacer.png

Edited by Phillip Lundgren
typo
  • Like 10
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

51 minutes ago, cenching said:

I am sure it’s a tedious research, I offer my heartfelt help for the sake of womankind....:coolshades:

You know, I think we should form a gutter-mind's club for such purposes :ph34r::joy:

@aisling KJH is totally making me feel a lot of things and I still can't get enough of the tango scene; KJH-SHS combo is making me feel like I have a lot of heat in my body too :joy::joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

4 hours ago, kozukomi said:

I can't resist to join at soompi forum thanks to this masterpiece drama. I have been a k-drama lover since Full House time (god knows what it was), been lurking at soompi forum for years, and only this drama finally got me here. For sure, I've repeatedly watched bed scene ep. 14 and outdoor moaning scene ep. 17 like xxxxx times lol.

Anyway, regardless how the ending will be, I personally think that as much as it's such a regretful story if BH is died during his vegetative state, I don't think it's a bad idea. It will give a clear closure to BH's 2021 story and we can get solid ending for Sb and Cj in the new era of Joseon (literally new history as he might be the King who starts constitutional monarchy of Joseon). I remember Sb's self conversation when she lied her head on table and looked at sleeping Cj (after midnight ramyeon) basically she said that she's been doing everything for the sake of future (history will change and Japan invasion would not happen and so on). In line with this, I can say that even though BH's life in 2021 has to end tragically, but his life as BH meets the full purpose by being SY in CJ's reign. It is not that bad (IMHO). I hope, ending will bravely go this way, be all clear than be grey, then us as audiences can feel satisfied - in a sense of watching k-drama which doesnt have sucks ending (we can list a lot here) like many others. So, I have big wish Mr. Queen would make different history in K-dramas' record (may Zeus grant my wish).

Hi and Welcome! :)

2 hours ago, skinnyjeans said:

Want to share with you all the Eng-Sub version of BTS ep 17-18, subbed by erisintrouble

Thank-you!:)

• Like 2