[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

1 hour ago, shiqin3381 said:

credit to owner

Okay, before reading this, let us put our best clown makeup and costume:))

The subtitle for EP 19 is "The One Who Come Back From Hell"

SO..

EMM..

WHAT IF?

"The One" here refers to real Kim Soyong not CJ?

Why hell? Because she maybe being judged by the deity because of the suicide incident, abandon your body is a sin, but since she did it out of desperation, maybe the deity will forgive her:)

This is the 1% chance that we're talking about, actually 99% of me believe that the writer won't make Soyong comeback no matter what happen, so I don't want to hold on to a false hope, but yeahh, I'm just missing Real Kim Soyong so much right now, then what could I do?

Another 1% chance theory, this pic

Spoiler

The way she sits is way tooooo ELEGANT for someone like Jang Sobong, and as long as I remember I haven't seen that scene before, so I predicted that she might be Real Soyong who came to the lake and thanked Bong Hwan (after he went back to the future).

spacer.png

Yes but anyway, this is 1% chance theory, so let's just pray, and be prepared to accept everything, one more week to go, we can do this!

• Like 10

49 minutes ago, laivla said:

So far.. I can conclude (without subs) if CJ not intent to hurt himself and faking his own death. . But, maybe it more BI's plans. 

Hmm... understand who that spread news about CJ already death and use false corpse. I think its CJ.  KJG tell GDE that he was sceptical with that corpse. 

It seems BI and CJ allies for this scene. 

They don't let YP known about this because it will make more suspicious, GDE and DE, or KJG's spies everywhere. If both of them also disappear, it will more easily tell everyone if he just faking his death. Just like the attack before, it's both CJ wish and also someone who wish his death in that party. 

For the sparring... BI only let himself attack CJ, although he can let his subordinate attack CJ together if he really want to kill CJ. He also said if only CJ that can save SY. BI don't have intent to kill CJ.

CJ also let BI's anger toward him, because he realize if BI care to SY, it's his redemption for his wrong doing before. He also tried kill SY in the past.

Although in the end, BI anger to SY because he realize that she's not really her in his memories. But, in the end his mission is only to make SY's safety.

i really hope it is like this during the grand finale.. because i have a feeling , despite what he did in the past and obsession about SY, he still can’t kill her ( see from the preview of ep 19) and the conversation between him and CJ that night seemed to be sincere .. 

and the thing is, he is in the room with the king’s squad on the spin off teaser.. i also think that the spin off is a combo between their meeting before she became queen AND after they got married .. and I didn’t see YP there .. but , why is the GQDW and her brother still there, makes me also confused.. :surprisedwut:

hope they will wrap everything nicely on the last two ep.. :Pandabulous:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

39 minutes ago, Yeojachingudeul said:

i really hope it is like this during the grand finale.. because i have a feeling , despite what he did in the past and obsession about SY, he still can’t kill her ( see from the preview of ep 19) and the conversation between him and CJ that night seemed to be sincere .. 

and the thing is, he is in the room with the king’s squad on the spin off teaser.. i also think that the spin off is a combo between their meeting before she became queen AND after they got married .. and I didn’t see YP there .. but , why is the GQDW and her brother still there, makes me also confused..

hope they will wrap everything nicely on the last two ep..

Hahaha.. do you think if this drama wouldn't make us satisfied with the ending?

no resolve about the conflict in the palace..:brokenheart: and make a spin-off if we want to know about the real ending. 

The best ending is director said 'CUT' and the writer said ..  I have no idea how to end this movie, so lets take a break for a moment. :happydance:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, cenching said:

Apparently BI realised there is something odd about SB after she injured him with an arrow. He was squeezing her neck and dangling her over the cliff while screaming at her asking who is she? and where is SY?? what she has done to SY?? Something along that line....haha. Let's see when it fully subbed tomorrow....

I was stating the obvious - that he knows her well and realizes she is not the SY he used to know  - I understood those lines - :heartxoxo:

• Like 4

I know Byeong In will help So Bong escape in the next episode but it still makes me angry he choked a pregnant woman. Jesus Christ, he was willing to kill both mother and baby!

Looks like we’ll get more flashbacks of So Yong.

Could it be that Byeong In will give on So Yong when he realises the girl he loved doesn’t exist anymore? He might look at So Bong with a different (non romantic) light after that.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, smitten1710 said:

So, SB and CJ made another aum moment :D During the make out in the public scene, CJ said he will visit the Queen's Hall that night to continue the make out session. And the day after, SB tells the 3 concubines about what happened between her and the King that makes all the women there blushed and very much excited.

Too bad they do not share their "aum" moment with us viewers

I don't want to be rude, but 'aum' is not the correct pronunciation for tiger's roar in Korean - it may sound similar - but the word  is 어흥  - rom: eo heung / pron: eo euN - these vowels' pron is a bit tricky for en speakers. there is no 'm', but a /ŋ/ sound which is pronounced as the one in /thiNG/ goiNG/iNcredible/. Hope it helps!I Love You Heart GIF by New York Comic Con 

• Like 7

I've just managed to watch the ep, and what prompts him to believe that something strange is going on with SY "lies" in their dialogue  [ when she tries to escape the palace and injures him by shooting an arrow at him - archery is not for everyone - don't try it at home!!!].

harry potter lol GIF by MatPrat

- she practically tells him "she is not Kim SY [ he doesn't get it]-  long story short - she answers his question[ from 2 - 3 eps ago /if i'm not wrong/ - "Why the king?" - she is quite straightforward with him. 

That's all for today -- see you here from time to time while waiting for the GRAND FINALE! 

Have a great week!

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Okay the that OST Like a star! :wub:.

5 hours ago, fangirlatnight said:

Hi Everyone! newbie here! I just purposely created a soompi account just to share my love to this drama! this was such a breathe of fresh air for me.  I think i closed 2020 and welcomed 2021 having a good laugh because of our favourite couple. I really enjoyed all your meme's and reactions whenever I lurk and read in this forum. You guys are amazing! thanks for all the updates! and my heart...they're closing and giving us a gift of epilogue on Valentines day! im soft...i dont think im ready to say goodbye yet! Again, thanks guys for sharing all your thoughts and updates! 

HI and welcome!:)

3 hours ago, cenching said:

YES!!! CJ is alive!! #PretendingToBeSurprised

I knew it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, aisling said:

Can anybody help me finding this song, please? I love it so much!

Yes, I noticed that too. Stirs the heart...It's a female artist and with some lines in English? May be the next to be released for the OST. Yesterday's release was Onestar/Im Han Byul (임한별) - 'Like A Star' [별들 중에서] Mr Queen OST 8 [철인왕후 OST].

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 1

21 minutes ago, kara_mella said:

I've just managed to watch the ep, and what prompts him to believe that something strange is going on with SY "lies" in their dialogue  [ when she tries to escape the palace and injures him by shooting an arrow at him - archery is not for everyone - don't try it at home!!!].

- she practically tells him "she is not Kim SY [ he doesn't get it]-  long story short - she answers his question[ from 2 - 3 eps ago /if i'm not wrong/ - "Why the king?" - she is quite straightforward with him. 

That's all for today -- see you here from time to time while waiting for the GRAND FINALE! 

Have a great week!

So did So Bong indirectly admitted she loved Cheoljong? 

Edited by Jillia
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, aisling said:

I know Byeong In will help So Bong escape in the next episode but it still makes me angry he choked a pregnant woman. Jesus Christ, he was willing to kill both mother and baby!

Looks like we’ll get more flashbacks of So Yong.

Could it be that Byeong In will give on So Yong when he realises the girl he loved doesn’t exist anymore? He might look at So Bong with a different (non romantic) light after that.

IKR, And even before that..i hardly say the F-word but when the cam went from SB to him glaring down at her, it just popped right out of my mouth like that arrow she shot at him. Hmmp.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 4

As written in the recap, So Bong does say explicitly that she is not So Yong and Byong In acknowledges that.

BI – How can you point your arrow at me? You know how I think.

Q – if you like me this much then you know the changes I have had. Look at me. Am I the same woman? Inside is totally different but you do not recognize it. What you liked is the flesh. The So Yong you liked is gone.

BI – What are you talking about?

Q – *shoots arrow*

Q – If I am the real So Yong, she would not be able to fire an arrow at you because she likes you at least like a brother. But I am different. I can shoot you.

Hwan asks if he is heading out to find the Queen. Byong In tells him that the Queen is not the sister he knows anymore. He hops on his horse and heads out with his friend.

Byong In holds the Queen by the neck over the cliff. She tries to break free, but his grip is too strong. 

BI – Who are you? What did you do to So Yong!

Source: https://www.dramamilk.com/live-recap-mr-queen-ep-18-part-2/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

27 minutes ago, aisling said:

So did So Bong indirectly admitted she loved Cheoljong? 

Guys, I write what I do understand - sometimes more, sometimes less - it depends - but no, she doesn't say that  - the dialogue is quite long -  she doesn't mention affection or love, just the fact she supports the King because he is the best - or something similar. Translations are different, and adaption is a very important translation technique bcuz it makes the translation culturally appropriate and accurate. so you will get to see various versions of the same scene or dialogue bcuz people who translate the drama interpret and adapt the messages differently - so do I, even I'm not a translator; I can watch dramas without subtitles most of the times, but I don't get 100% of the Korean source, I'm around 70% more or less. 

And I don't speak and write English that much. Hope you understand my point of view, thank you!

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

If So Bong has a free pass to act wildly in the palace and gave threat verbally to grand queen dowager/queen dowager/court officials/royal chef/royal physician and even the king himself (who is the high status people that still left in the palace that she still doesn't threaten yet LOL) because she is the current queen,

then Cheol Jong has a free pass to still looks hot and has a gorgeous face with only some scratches and scars that healed quickly even after he stand near an explosion and fell off a cliff because he is the current king ahaha

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

So, maybe this drama might end with our royal couple retired and then spending their remaining time together after their son becomes the reigning king?:D

credit to the owner

• Like 9

4 hours ago, zzang phoenix said:

Okay, before reading this, let us put our best clown makeup and costume:))

The subtitle for EP 19 is "The One Who Come Back From Hell"

SO..

EMM..

WHAT IF?

"The One" here refers to real Kim Soyong not CJ?

Why hell? Because she maybe being judged by the deity because of the suicide incident, abandon your body is a sin, but since she did it out of desperation, maybe the deity will forgive her:)

This is the 1% chance that we're talking about, actually 99% of me believe that the writer won't make Soyong comeback no matter what happen, so I don't want to hold on to a false hope, but yeahh, I'm just missing Real Kim Soyong so much right now, then what could I do?

Another 1% chance theory, this pic

Reveal hidden contents

The way she sits is way tooooo ELEGANT for someone like Jang Sobong, and as long as I remember I haven't seen that scene before, so I predicted that she might be Real Soyong who came to the lake and thanked Bong Hwan (after he went back to the future).

Yes but anyway, this is 1% chance theory, so let's just pray, and be prepared to accept everything, one more week to go, we can do this!

The writer are going to either disappoint So Yong's fans or So Bong`s fans . Because this isn't my happy ending.  If So Yong was supposed to come back to her body I would preferred to more internal conflict between the two souls. I would have wanted reason for the switched, at least in C-drama a reason. I haven't formed an attachment to So Yong.  I am hoping for happy ending  for the King.  Anyway  after  Mr. Queen I will wait til a drama finished before I start.  I don't like waiting. 

Edited by Jillia
  • Like 6