[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

1 hour ago, aisling said:

Hide contents

From the Episode 6 preview:

Okay if they showed how queen in Chef Jang's body, so this drama more similar to novel than its Chinese drama adaptation.

Spoiler

And I have feeling that we will have happy ending °cross finger° because the novel has clear happy ending even though the king should pretended to die but later the king kidnapped the queen and also made the queen died. Both of them started their normal life.

In drama version, the queen ever said to the king. If he is the king and she is the queen, they never had normal couple life, because they're not equal, king has higher position & power than queen, and that's not normal.

Can someone DM me where I can watch the full episodes 5 without subs in this night? I'm so stressed because I couldn't did live streaming...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, enzek said:

The way our queen faked her faint ahahaha 

Preview for episode 6:

LOL @enzek  that fakey faint -Only our Queen can do it!   She made me rofl .. :Megalol:Even the booty twerky dance ,  and thanks for the Eng Sub Epi 6 preview.

14 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

1. No one is Cheoljong's mother.

The Great Queen Dowager is the great grandmother of Cheoljong. Cheoljong's great grandfather (The Great Queen Dowager's husband) was the 23th king. 

The Queen Dowager is Cheoljong's cousin's wife. Cheoljong's cousin (The Queen Dowager's husband) was the 24th king, his father was the crown prince, son of the 23th king, but died before became the king, that's why his son became the 24th king.

But the 24th king was hairless, that's why they chose Cheoljong as the 25th king.

Cheoljong's dad was the 3rd son of the 23th king.

2. I think both of the clan were bad. Because after Cheoljong's died, the Jo clan did manipulation same like what Kim clan did, they chose puppet king and cleanse the Kim clan, but they also did bad things like Kim.

3. For what I watch, Cheoljong's looking for some achievement in his era. But what he didn't know and didn't understand, human actually became greedy and forgot about humanity when they got power, so that's not about Kim Clan, but he should cleanse monopoly itself. The king should looking for balance.

Okay I did mistake about the history. To answer question 1 about the relationship between the king and both Great Queen Dowager and Queen Dowager, so we started with famous crown prince - Prince Sado (if you're one of fans colossal korean drama, you would familiar with this name). Prince Sado not became king, inherited his father, but his son as the 22th king, then later the son became the 23th king (and also the Great Queen Dowager's husband), but their crown prince not became the king, but inherited to their grandson became the 24th king (and also the Queen Dowager's husband).

So how they related to Cheoljong? Okay Prince Sado has another son, so that's the 22th king's brother, who lived outside the palace. Cheoljong is his grandchildren. So practically Cheoljong actually was the 24th king's uncle, because Cheoljong's dad was the 23th king's cousin. Nah that's why the Great Queen Dowager adopted the king. Cheoljong's son of his husband's cousin.

Seriously maybe because I read the novel and watched the Chinese version, I automatically compared the story line. Hupf...

When the cousin brother pick up the Queen because the king chose the concubine, that made me remember one of the scene in Chinese drama version when they played games and the ninth prince help the Queen because the king protect the concubine. The king already felt like bit jealous. Later the king also came to the queen, apologized. But the queen not accepted that apologize.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, maria_m2me said:

Seriously maybe because I read the novel and watched the Chinese version, I automatically compared the story line. Hupf...

When the cousin brother pick up the Queen because the king chose the concubine, that made me remember one of the scene in Chinese drama version when they played games and the ninth prince help the Queen because the king protect the concubine. The king already felt like bit jealous. Later the king also came to the queen, apologized. But the queen not accepted that apologize.

Me too... 

Spoiler

The preview showed that the Queen started to ponder why his soul was exchanged with the real one. 

From what I remember, in the beginning of novel there was revelation on soul exchange due to mistake from above. Which means the man was mean to be a queen & vice versa. 

Well, it seems that Bong Hwan was mean to be the Queen meanwhile we probably got a glimpse of the Queen soul enjoying her life in the present. 

In comparison to Web drama, I love the novel version because of overdoing in Web drama. However, right now I love Korean version more perhaps due to well balanced story. Quite similar but not really similar. 

Anyway, I saw that they peaked at 15% yesterday? Daebak... 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, maria_m2me said:

Okay I did mistake about the history. To answer question 1 about the relationship between the king and both Great Queen Dowager and Queen Dowager, so we started with famous crown prince - Prince Sado (if you're one of fans colossal korean drama, you would familiar with this name). Prince Sado not became king, inherited his father, but his son as the 22th king, then later the son became the 23th king (and also the Great Queen Dowager's husband), but their crown prince not became the king, but inherited to their grandson became the 24th king (and also the Queen Dowager's husband).

So how they related to Cheoljong? Okay Prince Sado has another son, so that's the 22th king's brother, who lived outside the palace. Cheoljong is his grandchildren. So practically Cheoljong actually was the 24th king's uncle, because Cheoljong's dad was the 23th king's cousin. Nah that's why the Great Queen Dowager adopted the king. Cheoljong's son of his husband's cousin.

YES !! I saw that in the recent ep when the King apologize to So Bong in the rain, she just brush him off by saying its okay and nothing to worry about. She even chased him away and that’s make the King feels hurt by her action. Feeling unsatisfied, he walk away and come back to her and give her the umbrella while saying that he didnt want to sleep with her tonight since she hurt his feelings.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aisling said:

From the Episode 6 preview:

What I got from the preview, the Queen Dowager asked whose soul do you want to summon? I assumed she wanted to call Soyong's soul in the future. But eventually, she failed (This is my assumption). That's why later she said, "It seems that this woman is having fun there."

Maybe this drama is more similar to the original novel where the bodies swapped, the queen slipped into the man's body. However, since this is only a trailer, it might be Choi Jin Hyuk's scene is her imagination. Because I refuse to believe that the real Soyong is flirting with many men in the modern world, lmao.

I think the reason why our queen failed to summon Soyong's soul because the previous Soyong has passed away? So either the man's body is in a coma or he's dead. Especially if they show the real queen in the future and her/his behavior, the audience will start paying attention to her. And he/she would continue to be highlighted. Meanwhile, we all know that Choi Jin Hyuk is only a cameo.

11 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

Actually in novel it said it was a mistake from The God (I dunno how he said the name of the God), actually that man should be in woman form and the woman (the real queen) should be a man.

Yes, I got confused. I am just reading the novel now and currently in chapter 11. Their bodies swapped, and they are different souls. It's just that they often times used 'reincarnated' to explain the situation. 

• Like 3

I  just love the king’s expression in a lake when he realised that his queen was about to die. It’s despair! Now I’m convinced that he never could kill her even he said he would. And his true feelings about his wife are more complicated then they were showed to us. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lady_Lara said:

I  just love the king’s expression in a lake when he realised that his queen was about to die. It’s despair! Now I’m convinced that he never could kill her even he said he would. And his true feelings about his wife are more complicated then they were showed to us. 

Agree. He never could kill his own wife. Because he already had new perception about her, even though she's Kim, but she's different and plus she did all unpredictable. That way made The King became more curious about his own Queen, oh yah plus the rejection (that 'no touching' rule) would make The King faller deeper than he could imagined. Hahahahahahahaha. Yah you know, normal human (when you know someone who love you and then you realize that person start to not love you and even hate you, you start to put attention about that person - dunno why but that's from my personal experience)

But... But... His own brother, that prince who also fallen for the concubine, that would be a threat, maybe he would hurt to the queen for the concubine when he realized his brother fallen for his own wife...

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

Agree. He never could kill his own wife. Because he already had new perception about her, even though she's Kim, but she's different and plus she did all unpredictable. That way made The King became more curious about his own Queen, oh yah plus the rejection (that 'no touching' rule) would make The King faller deeper than he could imagined. Hahahahahahahaha. Yah you know, normal human (when you know someone who love you and then you realize that person start to not love you and even hate you, you start to put attention about that person - dunno why but that's from my personal experience)

But... But... His own brother, that prince who also fallen for the concubine, that would be a threat, maybe he would hurt to the queen for the concubine when he realized his brother fallen for his own wife...

Yes, his half brother looks adamant about it. His expression when the King smirked after giving umbrella to the Queen seems like he did not worry about walking in the rain but afraid the King will fall in love with the Queen. 

• Like 3

I understand how mad and unfair the King and Prince YP feel about their family being executed by the Kim clan but can Price YP not be so blind about everything the Queen does? He is getting on my nerve. He is afraid of the King falling for the Queen & also falling for the Royal Concubine. He will harm the Queen someday. I don't have good feeling about him. 

OMG we will get to see Queen Cheorin in Jang Bong Hwan's life tomorrow?? 

• Like 4

I keep asking.. if chef and queen really switched souls, what happen to the real queen. I can not imagine queen soul in the playboy chef body, here in this modern world, lol. I guess the preview of Choi Jin Hyuk on eps 6, is just an imagination or unreal. 

-just found out this video from tvndrama IG-

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJSJ5KbHoeb/?igshid=8yrytjfylsci

Choi Jin Hyuk spc appearance is really special. He's quite busy as a cameo lol

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nat_phoenix88 said:

I keep asking.. if chef and queen really switched souls, what happen to the real queen. I can not imagine queen soul in the playboy chef body, here in this modern world, lol. I guess the preview of Choi Jin Hyuk on eps 6, is just an imagination or unreal. 

I think this drama i grounded on the foreplay of confused sexualities and identities.Just like chef here is trying to hit it with the Royal concubine, queen is wilding out in modern times. I think the preview showed her/him in a club, approaching a cute guy. I thought she deeply loved the king but looks like she got over him quickly lol. I think they both don't think about how it makes them appear, the queen looks strange and"deviant", while the "chef" probably is mistaken for being gay. I think those elements will be deliverd subtly, given how conservative Korea is. The Cdrama its based on, got censored and banned for it's content i think.

Choi Jin Hyuk is probably is a regular cast memeber at this point.

• Like 4

I’m intrigued about what the concubine was hiding, what secrets and lies did the real Cheorin talk about? Also the real Cheorin tried to kill the king? Oh this gets more complicated than ever!

If Cheorin and the chef aren’t the same soul and their souls got swapped (though I don’t understand how the chef’s body could have survived that fall and bleeding head), could it be that her “Desert your false self” was about her identity all along? That she was struggling in a woman’s body while she felt like a man? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nat_phoenix88 said:

-just found out this video from tvndrama IG-

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJSJ5KbHoeb/?igshid=8yrytjfylsci

Choi Jin Hyuk spc appearance is really special. He's quite busy as a cameo lol

omg that wink xD hahahaha

i would really love it if the real kim so yong is just living her best life in the chef's body tbh. but man she lived her whole life preparing to be queen and then have her entire life purpose be burnt to ashes the moment she entered the palace. so go soyong! collect all them gays! :'D

i do wish that the queen will switch back eventually though, seeing as people said in the original c-drama the chef just stayed in the body for the rest of her life. from what other ppl said, the real so yong in this version has more of a backstory and i kinda really want her to see that she has a happy ending in her timeline as well. 

ep 5 spoilers

Spoiler

gosh when the queen gave cheoljong a dressing down about her grievances, the crap she had to endure because of them, and how his understanding came too late, damn. it felt sooooooooooooooo good. the way shin hye sun delivered the tirade was SO LIBERATING. bong hwan delivered the wake up call for the king that so yong wasn't able to do so herself. 

at the same time, i also felt bad for cheoljong (kim jung hyun's acting there really brought tears to my eyes, the way he showed his guilt without uttering a single word... honestly thIS CAST).

of course that scene where cheoljong slips the umbrella over to the queen deserves an honorary mention :3 so cute hehheheh

• Like 2