[Drama 2020] Unbelievable Inheritance, 기막힌 유산

0ly40

SA: How did you find out?
GO: It must be true. 
SA: What?
GO: I made it all up. I thought it might be a possibility but it was true! It was true! That dad, you are not my real dad!
SA: Ga On-ah
GO: When people said that you and I looked nothing alike, I just ignored their words thinking that it was nonsense. No matter how I think about it,  if you weren't my dad then why did you raise me? I was scared thinking about it. If it is true, what am I to do? If you aren't my dad, what am I to do?  Why did you keep this hidden from me until now?
SA: Ga-On ah! Look at me/believe me (?)
SA: Ga On-ah! Where are you going?
GO: Let me go! 
SA:  Can we talk about it?
GO: I don't want to hear a word you say. Let me go. 
SA (to GGO): Later, I'll tell you about it later 
GGO: He isn't her biological dad?

GGO: It's ok, I'll wait for a little longer and then leave. Mr Boo still doesn't know anything. Alright, (SA) please call me when you meet her.
Meg: We meet again. 
GGO: Hello. 
Meg: You know who I am, right? 
GGO: Have you heard any news from Ga On?
Meg: Right now, are you here waiting for our Ga On? Can we have a word?

9 hours ago, celebrianna said:

SA: What did you say to that person?

Meg: Why are you here waiting for our Ga-On?

GGO: Our relationship is that of family

Meg: Family?!

HR: Excuse me, have you seen a person with long hair and bangs?

Aladdin: Can you believe me? That you are someone I have been missing?

Mr. Boo: What did you say to her to make her run away from home?

Meg: Father, you and the rest of the family. There is something you must know. 

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank @heartslined. I don’t know why that lady keeps calling Mr. Boo, FIL. I assume daughters in law call him by that “nim” honorific, right? Anyway, I hope Gye Ok didn’t let her talk down to her. Regardless of Sul Ak, it’s Gye Ok’s job to be involved in the family’s business now that Sul Ak’s business is out in the open.

Also, I think the only person who can understand how Ga On feels is Gye Ok. Knowing that her only biological parent died and her stepmom wasn’t her biological mother and how she probably felt as though she had to work harder out of gratitude. These are the feelings Ga On will wrestle with if she decides to stay with Sul Ak. I think Gye Ok will be able to empathize with her more than anyone else.

@hell59, since previews can be misleading I can only hope that the consultant lady will reveal the truth that Sul Ak is not Ga On’s biological father. It might be painful for all involved but I think it’s important to settle this matter so that Ga On doesn’t feel like everybody in her family is whispering behind her back. She already told her father she was living in fear about this suspicion. Once everybody in the family accept the truth then they can move on from this matter. As much as SK society doesn’t seem to accept adoption well, I hope the family members will be supportive of Ga On. It’s not like they haven’t watched her grow up for 16 years now.

Regarding the consultant lady, she basically confirmed to Ga On that she hid the teacher from everybody and “used” Sul Ak as a scapegoat. One would think that this fact would make her ashamed but I guess her shame box was thoroughly destroyed. The way she walks in and out of the Boo house, I can only conclude that she has no common sense nor manners.

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@hell59, since previews can be misleading I can only hope that the consultant lady will reveal the truth that Sul Ak is not Ga On’s biological father. It might be painful for all involved but I think it’s important to settle this matter so that Ga On doesn’t feel like everybody in her family is whispering behind her back. She already told her father she was living in fear about this suspicion. Once everybody in the family accept the truth then they can move on from this matter. As much as SK society doesn’t seem to accept adoption well, I hope the family members will be supportive of Ga On. It’s not like they haven’t watched her grow up for 16 years now.

Regarding the consultant lady, she basically confirmed to Ga On that she hid the teacher from everybody and “used” Sul Ak as a scapegoat. One would think that this fact would make her ashamed but I guess her shame box was thoroughly destroyed. The way she walks in and out of the Boo house, I can only conclude that she has no common sense nor manners.

I can't wait for this character to disappear. Just go back to China as soon as possible! She is so annoying!

I hope Gye Ok would be the one to “slap” the sense into Ga On (not literally) like, sure, Megan is her mom, but where was she all this time? SA was the one who raised her lovingly like his own daughter, shouldnt that be enough to look past the whole “blood related” deal? If the whole family knew and they still treated her like a family it should help her overlook this matter too. 

My point of view over Megan is that she views SA as a “trophy”, a director, good looking and from a well-off family, it would bolster her position and prestige and feed her ego. At least with the crazy lawyer witch she did seem to like SA, even though she was being a self-entitled delusional fangirl about it, Megan was more concerned about herself, she saw SA as conquest and Ga On as an “accessory”. It’s kind of fascinating to see this trope of shallow, selfish narcisstic person like Beauty and The Beast’s Gaston played in a female role tho.

rough subs as I don't have much time today :((

SA: you should've told me when GO went to you! what did you tell her? 
Meg: the truth
SA: what? 
Meg: she should know the truth. SA, we should take responsibility for GO together. its been 15 years that you've lived as GO's dad, it shouldn't just be your responsibility
SA: what are you saying?
Meg: I ran into GGO near the entrance of your house waiting for GO. She's the person you have in your heart, right?
SA: yes, that's right
Meg: how long has it been? what sort of relationship is it that she waits for GO? she said that their relationship was that of family. why was that person waiting for GO? 
SA: what did you say to that person
Meg: why? are you worried? 
- something about how the reason why he likes GGO is that Meg was gone. but now that she's back, she knows that his heart will choose her again 
SA: no, it's not that easy. that person is in my heart (basically he said that he was serious about GGO)
Meg: think about it again 
SA: stop doing this, we need to find GO
Meg: when you contact GO, let me know first 
SA: ok

@heartslined, thank you for the preview in today’s episode and translation. I’m just so annoyed today about Seol Ak leaving it to the consultant lady to expose the truth to his father. Utterly disrespectful.

Kocowa Translation:

Mr. Boo: You completely deceived me for 15 years. 
Seol Ak: Ga On is my daughter. Nothing will change.

Shameless: Did you find her?
Seol Ak: How can someone who’s worried about her do something like that?
Ga On: Don’t tell me what to do from now on.

Ae Ri: What if she really takes Ga On?
Min Joo: She may not be able to endure and leave this house. (I think she’s talking about Gye Ok)

Ga On: Me, you and the whole family were fooled.

Han Ra: Boo Ga On!

6 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I’m just so annoyed today about Seol Ak leaving it to the consultant lady to expose the truth to his father. Utterly disrespectful.

@celebrianna I don't blame SA entirely for that... He thought he was dealing with a woman who cared, even just a bit, about Ga-On, so it has never occurred to him that Megan would come to his house and spill the truth like that (though yes, she was there before without telling him). I know he should've probably expected this from her, but I guess he's too naive and beileves in the good nature of people.

After watching the entire episode, I felt really angry and pissed at the two current female villains: Megan and Minjoo. These two are so clueless.

First, the conversation Megan had with Seorak in the coffee shop was just so UNREAL and delusional. Megan really thinks she is such an unforgettable woman and that if SA dates/loves other women it's only because he can't be with her, not because he really likes them for themselves?! And that feelings he might have had for her 15 years ago when he was a 17-18 kid can return after all this time?! Did the writer intentionally put these words into Megan's mouth to annoy me? As usual, SA replies to her endeavors were not strong enough, in my opinion.

Second, Minjoo really thinks Gye-Ok is as greedy as she is (or more). The "deal" she offered her - giving up being Mr. Boo's guardian so she would help her become SA's wife, was even more delusional than Megan's words. What? "Make an effort for you to become my sister-in-law"? Minjoo really believes Gye-Ok wants/needs her help in this matter and that it's up to her if SA eventually marries Gye-Ok?!

Right now I'm waiting for Ga-On to finally calm down and put her thoughts in order, and then see what happens next with Megan. Will Megan start a legal battle? I hope not.

She can try but Ga On isn't a little child. She is mature enough to decide where she lives. The Boo family simply needs to let her know she will always be part of the family. That's the benefit of having Han Ra find her. Selfish as he is he wears his heart on his sleeve so she'll know it's true when he tells her to come home.

@Manora, No matter what, Seol Ak keeps making the wrong decisions in my opinion. I don’t care if it’s his usual modus operandi to keep everything secret, the fact is he should have predicted that the consultant would have showed up a second time to spill the beans much like she did before in barging in to announce to Mr. Boo that she’s back. I think it’s very disrespectful for him to completely disregard telling his father the truth before it got out. That’s why the consultant lady used this opportunity to make Mr. Boo look like a fool for not knowing the truth while simultaneously declaring she will be taking back her daughter who is not Seol Ak’s biological daughter or Mr. Boo’s biological grand daughter. I hope GaOn finds out it was the consultant lady who exposed everything to the Boo family.

As to Seol Ak’s usual weak responses, it’s the same way he reacted with the lawyer girl. He always made allowances for the lawyer girl’s accusations just like he makes allowances for the consultant delusional conclusions. Rather than firmly standing up for the woman he claims to love and setting firm boundaries, he once again wimpily responds to the consultant lady’s assertion that they should get together to create a family for Ga On. 

Gye Ok is forever everybody’s doormat. I don’t mind if she let foolish people ramble on in their delusions but she always seem to allow Min Joo’s tyrannical tongue lashing to affect her. I don’t get her saintliness at all. Just treat Min Joo like a drunk customer or with apathy. Then to add insult to injury, she also allows the shameless consultant to order her to go home because she’s not needed at the Boo’s home. I mean seriously, how many people in real life would take that talking down to? 

As Min Joo, I just love that even if she discovers the conman is conning her, he already has evidence to blackmail her. Let her and conman duke it out to their own detriment. Most of all, I hope she’s publicly exposed. I’m tired of watching that smug expression on her evil face.

Spot on @celebrianna  he is completely at fault for how that just played out. Once Megan showed up he should have expected all to come out. I was so pleased that Ga On told her off. She couldn't give to shits about Ga On or Sul Ak. She had the career nite she wants a ready made family. The selfish cow.

Min Joo really keeps dropping pieces of her camouflage. How twisted is she that she so truly believe all of Gye Ok's actions are all for some sort of nefarious purpose. She has gotten way to bold for her boots. Time for the whole facade to fall, her smirking face is getting right on my RickRoll'D now. Time for her and conman to start fighting each other. 

I'm looking forward to seeing  Ga On and GGO spending quality time together  in tomorrow's episode.

From the preview, it seems like Meghan runs into GGO waiting for Ga On at her school and is just plain rude to the both of them. No surprise here.

Judging from her scream of frustration, it won't go as planned and Ga On will reject her mom and hang out with  GGO instead.

@heartslined, I just saw the preview at the end of today’s episode on Kocowa and that lady seems unhinged. I noticed that she doesn’t have any self control. To me it seems like this is all about winning for her. It also seems like she makes no allowances for the fact that reality exists. It seems she already carved out how Ga On, Seol Ak and his family should act. They must act according to her delusions. I just hope that Gye Ok does in fact get to speak with Ga On because she, more than anybody else knows what it feels like to live with people who aren’t related to her by blood. Gye Ok’s stepmom has improved and she does act like a Korean mother now. Notice she’s very worried about Gye Ok getting involved with a single father. 

Preview by Kocowa:

Han Ra: What’s going to happen now?
SA: She’s going to be my real daughter and our family. 
GGO: Let’s go.

Shameless: What do you think you’re doing? Leave. I will take Ga On. I said I will take her. 
Shameless: (screaming and carrying on like a nut in her car)

Shameless: You can never take her away from me.

Conman: Are you saving the audio files and photos of Yoon Min Joo?
SY: The chef at the noodles shop is your dad.

Conman: We only need the old man to fall.

Conman: You’re Jang Won, right?

15 minutes ago, heartslined said:

Looks like KBS1 is broadcasting a typhoon update tonight instead of Brilliant Heritage :cry:

What? Again?! Every time it happens they reduce the number of episodes by one. Now the drama has 122 episodes :bawling:

Thanks for the update...

Edit: I've just read the news about the new expected typhoon there, I hope it ends well for them and they'll have minimum casualties :heartbreak:

In the meanwhile, to all the Minjoo-Con chef "fans":

This image is taken from tomorrow's episode preview, in which Minjoo checks something on her (?) phone.

Google Translate to the title means: Identity authentication service

VideoCapture_20200902-162418.jpg

4 hours ago, Manora said:

What? Again?! Every time it happens they reduce the number of episodes by one. Now the drama has 122 episodes :bawling:

Thanks for the update...

Edit: I've just read the news about the new expected typhoon there, I hope it ends well for them and they'll have minimum casualties :heartbreak:

I thought there were 120 episodes. Have they extended the amount of episodes?

19 hours ago, hell59 said:

I thought there were 120 episodes. Have they extended the amount of episodes?

@hell59 According to Wikipedia, they extended it once to 124, and now it's 122 episodes.

I suppose it has to do with the deadline of the drama's ending - October 9th (it's rather that or having a minimum of 120 episodes).

Thus, the number of episodes might still change.

Kocowa Translation:

Seol Ak: I will be with Gye Ok and Ga On.

Mr. Boo: If you can’t give Ga On up, think of getting together with Nutcase. I want to send Ga On to her.

Gye Ok: Mrs Yoon. Why do you hate me so much? You’re like a dog barking because it’s scared.

Min Joo: A dog?
Min Joo: Can I have your number?

Min Joo: I think I have something to tell you about Gong Gye Ok.

Archived