[Drama 2020] Unbelievable Inheritance, 기막힌 유산

0ly40

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Manora said:

@hell59 According to Wikipedia, they extended it once to 124, and now it's 122 episodes.

I suppose it has to do with the deadline of the drama's ending - October 9th (it's rather that or having a minimum of 120 episodes).

Thus, the number of episodes might still change.

Thank you for clarifying this!

Writing this before watching properly with subs:

So Megan/Cheong-Ah just can't control her rage and anger when things are not going her way, and she even uses physical violence toward people, like when she pushes Seorak? (we still don't know why, but whatever the reason, it's not an acceptable response, especially not in front of Ga-On who she claims to care about).

I can think of two possible reasons why this character behaves this way:

(1) The writer has decided to insert dramatic elements to the story, because this is how characters in a Korean melodramatic daily dramas usually behave. They scream and hit when they are angry that other people "defy" them and when they feel they are losing.

(2) The character herself has serious rage/anger issues, possibly mental/psychological problems as well, but most of the time she manages to hide them, so from the outside she looks normal.

My bet is option (1).

Minjoo and crazy Megan are going to join forces against Gye-Ok/Seorak/both? I just hope that they won't cause too much damage.

Right after watching today's episode I too have to agree she is clearly unhinged. Ga On's best interest is the furthest thing on her mind. She's just hell bent on causing chaos for Sul Ak because he doesn't want her and he didn't thing she's fit to be Ga On's mother. She's a very twisted individual. Min Joo will be putting a nail in her own coffin if she teams up with this nutter. Grampa Boo will for give lots of things but not this, if she helps the woman who is trying to take his precious Ga On away she most definitely will not be part of the family come they end, possibly leaving in cuffs. 

On a sidenote why is this woman allowed to come in and go as she please. When she came into the yard and these idiots are like come take a seat, I'm thinking hell to the no. What they should have done is point out the fact the that she's being extremely rude just busting in on there dinner like that and she needs to leave and Ga On will contact her when she's ready. They should have all gotten up and marched her RickRoll'D out. The dang cheek. Anyhoos...... remember it's not real tas, remember it's not real...humph large.gif

@Manora I think it’s shock value as well. My indifference to the consultant has officially turned to hate after I saw her outrageous behavior today. She’s definitely unhinged and I can only think of her as a nutcase. And now Mrs. Greed will join hands together with her to attempt to make GYO’s life miserable. I’m hoping that GYO’s talk today with So Min is a foreshadowing of her returning to her old lively self. I hope she stops putting up with other people’s crap. Maybe that’s why in the preview she tells Mrs. Greed that she’s like a dog barking because it’s scared. Enough is enough! 

GYO is also going back to work deboning. Maybe in her absence the Boo family will fall apart. Too bad for them because they haven’t a clue what Mrs. Greed is plotting. Well, I hope in the meantime Jang Won continues to be wary of the “swindler” like he labeled the dead beat father after he heard he’s an ex-convict. I hope Jang Won overheard his conversation in the men’s room for a reason. I also hope Jang Won continues to be suspicious of him.

Regarding Conman, boy do I want him and Mrs. Greed to destroy each other. It seems Conman was going to blackmail Mrs. Greed all along. From his conversation in the bathroom, it’s clear that him and his partner planned it. 

Regarding Ga On, maybe it would be necessary for her to live with the biological mother in order to ascertain what she wants. Right now she doesn’t say much so it’s possible that she doesn’t entirely reject her biological mother. 

@tas82 but in the preview Mr. Boo said he wants to send Ga On to her biological mother. I guess he sees she intends to burn down the world to get what she wants so he’s succumbing to her harassment of them. He even tells Seol Ak that if he can’t give up on Ga On, he should get together with Nutcase. See the preview translation in my previous post.

28 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@tas82 but in the preview Mr. Boo said he wants to send Ga On to her biological mother. I guess he sees she intends to burn down the world to get what she wants so he’s succumbing to her harassment of them. He even tells Seol Ak that if he can’t give up on Ga On, he should get together with Nutcase. See the preview translation in my previous post.

It's shocking and outrageous Mr. Boo even suggested such a thing! Maybe in tomorrow's episode we learn more about his way of thinking, but still I just can't believe it.

I don't know what will happen regarding Ga-On in the next two weeks, but I'm 90% sure Megan will finally leave, and of course without her.

The reason for her to leave can be that she realizes that Ga-On's place is with the Boo family, which means it will be simillar to the stalker lawyer departure.

BUT since she doesn't look like this kind of person, and her point of view is of a game she must win (and don't forget her instability), maybe it will be something else, more interesting.

She told SA she'll pull the card of "didn't know all these years her child is alive". If SA and Gye-Ok manage to refute her story, her chances to proceed with the custody claim will drop immediately.

I just hope she won't be threatening Gye-Ok with the trial as well, bringing up the fake marriage contract, saying it will reduce SA chances to win if she stays with him.

@Manora, I think I understand why Mr. Boo would say that. The poor man looks tired. First the shock of finding out Seol Ak lied to him all these years and then the constant demands made by Nutcase are enough to wear him down. Since Seol Ak is adamant that he wants to keep Ga On as his daughter, Mr Boo suggests that he consider getting together with Nutcase because it seems the easiest solution. Otherwise, Nutcase fully intend to continue harassing them to see her daughter and, of course, she will threaten them with a lawsuit. Her basis, according to her, is that Korean society is heavily kin-centered so she fully expect that the courts will hand Ga On over to her because she’s the birth mother and she didn’t know her baby was alive.

Yeah I saw that @celebrianna but it's a way to stop the madness and he probably sees it as a way of protecting Ga On and keeping her around to some extent. I very much doubt he truly means it plus he's still pissed with Sul Ak. It's totally different kettle of fish to finding out an insider, a trusted member of the p family at that help plotted to take his grand daughter away. She's adding to her transgressions and if she helps Unhinged Megan it'll be a huge unforgivable one. It's about her world start taking hits though it's all taking too long.

@tas82 Mrs. Greed always manages to escape the backlash or fallout of her schemes unlike Ae Ri. I just hope her downfall will be devastating. However, I know these writers like to redeem their villains in the lamest way so I shouldn’t expect too much payback for her. All I ask is that she’s exposed and the entire family finds out what she’s been plotting. Right now it must drive her up the wall that Seol Ak finally announced his intention towards Gye Ok. She’s like a mad dog and I hope her alliance with Nutcase causes her to crash and burn and then Conman finish her off.

Kocowa Translation: 

Nutcase: She wants to be by Ga On’s side after doing that?
Nutcase: I will never let her. Please help me.

GGO: What should we do Han Ra?
Han Ra: Me? Me?
Min Joo: He’s lying. I’m sure something is going on.

Conman: Thank you.

GGO: Someone reported the marriage contract to the broadcasting station. Also, about the fake marriage.

I wish GGO would run away from these nutcases. She’s always the one getting used and abused by this family. Now those two awful women have joined together to report the marriage contract to the media. If the writer can imagine this or take the story in this direction, will the writer also expose Min Joo and the conman in a similar fashion. No, right? Because Korean writers must dump all over the heroine to make her suffer through the end of the drama while the villains never get their just desserts. Contrarily, in the hands of a Western writer I am sure the villains would get what’s coming to them in spades. I understand the same thing is happening to the female protagonist in Mom is Having an Affair where her troubles are multiplied and the guy she’s dating is also a wimp much like Seol Ak. Where are the real men in these drama shows?

3 minutes ago, zoks said:

What kind of slow day they got over there for that to make the news. Seems like a Facebook post to me at best.

There's current worry about fake marriages especially for the elderly who sign everything over to these people and then they slowly start isolating them from friends and family and bleed them dry. When they do die there's nowt left for the kids and in some cases they ain't even a funeral relatives don't even know where their final resting place is.

No much to say about to episode really. All I will say if Mr Boo leaves GGO to take all the heat from these two witches getting the press involved then he is as right proper c...... GGO need to leave them to it let MJ and Conman bring the whole house down. 

@zoks, right? But as @tas82 said, I guess conmen conning the elderly and stuff like that make the news as a form of awareness to the elderly and their families. 

@tas82, Mr. Boo will probably act appropriately. The fault should land squarely on Seol Ak. I have to wonder if these people don’t know such a thing as lock and key. In my office my drawers were always locked even when I’m sitting at my desk. It’s the same with my cellphone. It automatically locks after a minute. I guess that’s not a concept recognized in Korean drama. I understand that it’s very difficult to crack passwords on phones too. But, I guess for the sake of drama common sense and common practice has to be thrown out the window even in an age where privacy and security are paramount issues.

So true @celebrianna the whole point of him taking it was to but it in his work safe wasn't it? The dog did a better job. Yeah must be for dramatic effect common sense and practices get tossed. Like over in the other daily letting a complete stranger stay in your house just because he suppose to be your dad.  <_<

11 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@zoks, right? But as @tas82 said, I guess conmen conning the elderly and stuff like that make the news as a form of awareness to the elderly and their families. 

@tas82, Mr. Boo will probably act appropriately. The fault should land squarely on Seol Ak. I have to wonder if these people don’t know such a thing as lock and key. In my office my drawers were always locked even when I’m sitting at my desk. It’s the same with my cellphone. It automatically locks after a minute. I guess that’s not a concept recognized in Korean drama. I understand that it’s very difficult to crack passwords on phones too. But, I guess for the sake of drama common sense and common practice has to be thrown out the window even in an age where privacy and security are paramount issues.

And for some reason, the ratings are through the rough; #1. It amazing how tastes differ. I could not completely invest in this drama for obvious reasons aforementioned by you and many on this thread. Kim Sang Soon need to transport from the past and come and get her big sister from the present.

22 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I wish GGO would run away from these nutcases. She’s always the one getting used and abused by this family. Now those two awful women have joined together to report the marriage contract to the media. If the writer can imagine this or take the story in this direction, will the writer also expose Min Joo and the conman in a similar fashion. No, right? Because Korean writers must dump all over the heroine to make her suffer through the end of the drama while the villains never get their just desserts.

@celebrianna Instead of running away, I wish Gye-Ok and SA will finally realize they are at WAR. What Megan did/will do is an attack on both Gye-Ok and the Boo family. Instead of taking the hit and put out fires/respond only when attacked, SA should also find his weapons and way to fight her.

Enough with him trying to understand how Megan feels and why is she behaving like that. Stop asking her nicely to give up and treat her like a reasonable person who can be logically persuaded. Every time he did that she stabbed him in the back. She's not his close friend from 15 years ago anymore, but a declared enemy, willing to destory his life and the life of his beloved ones to get her way. 

I really hope that the attack using the marriage contract will open his eyes for good, and he enters into WAR MODE together with Gye-Ok (BTW the only time he did that when was he wanted to uncover the fake marriage).

That's at least the direction I hope the writer takes the story from now on, until Megan leaves, but I doubt it'd happen...

18 hours ago, zoks said:

What kind of slow day they got over there for that to make the news. Seems like a Facebook post to me at best.

@zoks Well, yes, it wasn't quite how I expected the revelation to happen, though I imagined something simillar, but of course without that nutcase woman... At least it finally happened and they don't have to hide and lie anymore. I hated when Gye-Ok was forced to lie to everyone like she's at the wrong.

Near the end of episode 96 I felt like SA wanted to propose or at least talk with Gye-Ok about their future lives together. They both already talk with others like they're going to get married, so maybe because of Megan SA can't properly propose yet.

@celebrianna @tas82 About the security and privacy issues in this drama, I was not even surprised by that. I mean, look at the house Mr. Boo lives in! From the very beginning of drama, this house doesn't have a proper lock, so everyone can just barge in (just like Megan did). There's also a free pass between the house and the restaurant, allowing basically everyone to enter the house, throw dirty water on its residents, burn a curse talisman and make a mess in one of the rooms. The rooms themselves don't have a proper lock either, not to mention how easily one can eavesdrop behind the doors. Does this make any sense to you?

So even though it's an office, I'm not a bit surprised it happened.

Two other things in this week's episodes:

(1) Am I the only one who think that the con-chef has plans to kill Mr. Boo? He said that he's waiting for him to fall since he's old, but if that doesn't occour soon enough, he'll take things into his own hands.

(2) Speaking of Mr. Boo, I'm disappointed at his attitude towards the Ga-On issue. His reasons to send her to her "mother" consist with an old-fashioned way of thinking. Just like he loves his children, SA loves Ga-On, so how can he tell him these words? It seems he should learn a lesson too.

@foreverempress, unfortunately this manner of treating the female protagonist like this is a repeat occurrence for the most part in these kinds of shows. Isn’t Pil Jung getting it from all sides. She has a bratty kid, a wimpy suitor, a conman father, a selfish sister, and several more disadvantages/troubles. I like Gye Ok because she usually put out fires even with nasty characters like Min Joo instead of starting them. My problem really is the way the writer keeps humiliating her “without” similarly humiliating the nasty characters. Can we even expect that Min Joo will eventually be publicly shamed much like the writer decided to have her and Nutcase publicly shame Gye Ok? I mean, they just got the media involved and we all know how kin-centered Korean society is and how scandalous this can turn out. Nutcase herself threatened Seol Ak that she can win custody over Ga On because Korean society thinks blood ties are paramount.

@Manora I really can’t fault Mr.Boo’s attitude regarding Ga On. Nutcase also mentioned that Korean society places a heavy emphasis on kinship. Since this is the case, Mr. Boo understands that the easiest solution would be to send Ga On to her mother to put an end to those unwelcome impromptu raging visits from Nutcase. The other option is for Seol Ak to marry Nutcase. To him they are rational decisions. Ga On herself doesn’t seem to reject her biological mother so sending her to her mother is not entirely a bad idea although Seol Ak rejects that option. As a matter of fact, Min Ho in Mom is Having an Affair shows more utter rejection of his biological dad than Ga On shows towards Nutcase perhaps because she feels sympathy towards Nutcase. So I don’t think we can speculate what will happen because Ga On doesn’t seem to reject Nutcase and she doesn’t seem to be entirely comfortable at the Boo family house now. Maybe in her mind blood ties are also important because I think those people generally think that they won’t be abandoned by their blood related family. 

About the Boo house, yes I see it’s the traditional family house but I somehow assumed the front gate to the yard can be locked. Notice the fencing is high so I thought that in houses like that the gate will be locked at night. 

@Manora No you aren't alone! Every time he comes with food saying how he prepared him some special meal I'm thinking not sure you should be eating that mate. I wouldn't put it past him he's a proper nasty piece of work and Min Jo would so help him season it too. 

Edit in regards to the house the gate can be locked and to get through from the restaurant you have to go through the kitchen. Guess they are just lackadaisical as they've lived there so long everyone knows everyone and folk don't tend to rob so much. Plus as there's so many people they're confident someone will always be about. Anyways time they but a key code on that door. 

Archived