[Drama 2020] Unbelievable Inheritance, 기막힌 유산

0ly40

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mocharel said:

@Manora thanks for the information! Gee, 35 episodes left to wrap up all these tangled mess? That’s not much time left really. I agree with @RobinM that the fake marriage’s early discovery was kind of a relief and with the lawyer. They should do the same with how they dealt with lawyer and cut off all these pointless plotlines that go nowhere early!

@Mocharel You are right, there's not much time left to resolve everything. I wrote this 10 episodes ago, just when they've started Ga-On's mother's plotline.

The plotlines can be resolved in parallel, but if not, I think the chronological order of resolving them (in general) should be: 

Ga-On's mother => Seorak & Gye-Ok's relationship => Conman Chef & Minjoo => The restaurant/soup room's successor => Mr. Boo's inheritance division (and in-between solving Geum-Gang's family situation). 

Unless, of course, the writer wants to leave Seorak & Gye-Ok's relationship to the very end, which will be very disappointing (at least to me), because they deserve more than 5-10 episodes to be happy together.

If Writer was going to do a fake marriage plot line, then it should have been a fake marriage!

If Writer was going to do a birth secret plot line, then it should have been a birth secret!

If Writer was going to do a conman/disappearing dad plot line, this is the only plot line that seems to be following an expected trajectory.

At this point I am only watching bit/pieces of episodes and reading comments, can't take any more wandering-in-the-wilderness, intend to watch only the final 7-10 episodes.  

Aren't we all thinking that if these series were at least 25 episodes shorter, there would be much less wandering-in-the-wilderness for the characters and plot line?  However, we assume that the writer knows there will be approximately 100 episodes in a story and can write a 100-episode drama that doesn't go wandering all over the place.  Alas, after watching at least 100 dramas, I can assure you that not a single such writer exists.  

@RobinM, it would be hilarious if the baby boy turns out to be Han Ra and Bo Mi’s kid. :lol: I certainly would like to see a scene where Bo Mi is introduced to the Boo family.

Well, I guess the conman recorded everything Min Joo said about her clueless husband and taking over Buruna Noodles. Good blackmail dirt straight from her lips. I wish I can see her humiliated very soon. Everything she has should turn to dust and she’s forced to walk away without a penny because she overplayed her hand. I do wonder who was taking pictures of the conman and her. Is it his cohort in the long con or is it entirely someone else? 

Gye Ok is so clingy. In reality, most people who made the decision she did, would walk away from the scene she saw outside with SA and his daughter. Instead, she lingered to ask him if GO is okay. I mean, clearly they aren’t telling her anything but she’s still sticking her nose in. She needs to get a clue. Both SA and Ga On don’t want her to know anything so she should respect that. I hope she goes back to help out her mother’s restaurant as she told Mr. Boo. She seriously need to regain the dignity she had at the start of the series. A person shouldn’t have to abandon his/her dignity for love. 

This week's episodes left a lot to discuss, but I'll just write two things:

(1) Megan/Cheong-Ah: There's really so much to say about her and her behaviour, but I'm only going to refer to a certain part in her conversation with SA in ep89 (though the entire conversation made me furious).

The words and expressions she chose to use to say she wants both SA and Ga-On, such as: "setting goals", "get things I want", "challenge", etc - clearly show she sees both of them as toys, trophies she MUST win at all cost. This use of words is when you're talking about getting a degree, a job, a promotion, but it's not the case. One can't say these kind of words when people's lives and feelings are concerned, it's not how it works.

All the supposed motherly feelings she has showed towards Ga-On are just her greed and desire to get what she believes is rightfully hers, as though Ga-On is an object and not a person.

(2) Mr. Boo vs. his sons/family: Just a small highlight. In ep86 Geum-Gang and Halla called their father old-fashioned because he objected Halla moving in with a woman, unmarried. But, when introduced to the idea that Gye-Ok and SA might have a relationship, they think it's an absurd and nonsence.

And it's actually Mr. Boo who was (though not from the beginning) open about it and accepted it, saying that the most important thing is SA's feelings, and that if they like each other, he won't object.

So the real narrow-minded here are the rest of the family, who can't come up with a real reason why it can't be (regardless of Gye-Ok being in charge of Mr. Boo assets, that's another issue). They should really take a look in the mirror.

Anyway, I still LOVE this drama and can't wait to watch more.

18 hours ago, watchumlots said:

If Writer was going to do a fake marriage plot line, then it should have been a fake marriage!

If Writer was going to do a birth secret plot line, then it should have been a birth secret!

If Writer was going to do a conman/disappearing dad plot line, this is the only plot line that seems to be following an expected trajectory.

At this point I am only watching bit/pieces of episodes and reading comments, can't take any more wandering-in-the-wilderness, intend to watch only the final 7-10 episodes.  

Aren't we all thinking that if these series were at least 25 episodes shorter, there would be much less wandering-in-the-wilderness for the characters and plot line?  However, we assume that the writer knows there will be approximately 100 episodes in a story and can write a 100-episode drama that doesn't go wandering all over the place.  Alas, after watching at least 100 dramas, I can assure you that not a single such writer exists.  

Thissss!! They’re dumping so much of cliched K drama plot stuff into the story that it’s all a goopy mess, and add more stuff before finishing one plot. I’ve come too far with this drama I just want to see it properly resolved ;-; at this point i don’t know what to focus on anymore except on biting on my nails chanting for Minjoo to quickly gets what’s due for her

:lol: I understand your complaints but I still think this drama is far more tolerable than the current daily shows. While the consultant lady, Min Joo and Conman are a pain, this show in comparison is not nearly as painful to watch as the other dailies where there are “several” villains since the beginning of the show right through current episodes.

I find the consultant lady annoying but not evil. I reserve evil for Conman and Min Joo because they are premeditatedly trying to steal Mr. Boo’s hard work. Not to mention Min Joo also went as far as voicing thoughts of hurting Gye Ok in an accident. It shows that she doesn’t have a conscience. Even the conman had to calm her down and discourage the idea of hurting Gye Ok. In other daily shows, people are actually killing people and framing innocent people for murder so I really appreciate that kind of plot hasn’t happened in this show.

I agree ! Of the couple daily dramas I sampled this was the only one I even got to episode 20 on. 

I already see the daily drama heroines are... special. Why only the evil girl can dress Decently ,plan, use logic??? Why do they have to Alternatively whine or shriek ?  Anyway from my observation Gye Ok is Not all that obnoxious just naive and confused.

@celebrianna Agreed with the consultant lady she’s just like a minor setback compared to the greater evils, she’s like a mosquito?? I think? Meanwhile the conman is a literal cancer and so is Minjoo. I feel you that they’re definitely not as bad as some villains in the drama but their plots are soooo dragged on i feel kind of tired? Agreed tho that this is tame compared to other kdramas, HAHA, still, as someone who studied story writing I can’t help but feeling like pulling my hair on several instances! But the actors are doing good in making their characters detestable, while not being over-the-top villainous, i’ll give them that.

@Mocharel, I have never watched a daily show with minimum of 100 episodes that didn’t drag. The daily shows that I managed to watch to the end had draggy plots too. I suppose that will happen with a show that length. I’m just thankful that I don’t have to watch 100 episodes of a villain or villainess getting away with his/her schemes. I endured that in Love Til the End. 

In comparison, a lot of Chinese drama shows have at least 50 episodes. There is “always” some point at which they become draggy. Even the better written ones suffer from this. So, I suspect it’s a weakness that most writers possess. Sometimes even 16 episodes drama suffer shabby writing at some point too. 

I don’t mind SA, the consultant and Ga On’s current story. It doesn’t really inspire much feelings in me either way. The part I found most interesting is finding out that he really does not seem to be the father. I’m also interested to find out what kind of reaction Ga On and his family will have if they find this out. I don’t believe he would tell anybody so I’m thinking that maybe a situation will occur where the consultant woman spitefully reveal the truth. Like maybe if SA adamantly refuses to allow the woman in Ga On’s life at present and she resorts to revealing the truth since he’s not Ga On’s biological father. 

Regarding her hitting on SA, it really doesn’t bother me. I feel differently about his situation with this lady versus the lawyer girl in the beginning. As long as that lady doesn’t employ tactics similar to the lawyer girl in dragging in GYO or confronting GYO, the consultant lady’s presence doesn’t bother me. 

@celebrianna hdgdkdf hearing Love Til The End gave me traumatic flashbacks, I had to watch it since dinner time = kdrama time for my mom, and it made me eat dinner early/late or finish it up quick just because I can’t stand the plot. Dramas like that made me appreciate this one and dramas like Once Again.

I have the same feeling too, like she would drop the bomb that SA isn’t Ga On’s biological dad, like, hey if you marry me you’ll finally be Ga On’s “real” dad. I feel the same way about her too! The reason why I don’t particularly care about the mom was that at the very least she wasn’t the self-entitled wench that threaten the “competition” like the lawyer..... so far. But we all know she’ll fail in the end, just that I appreciate at the very least she doesn’t add more fuel to the salt level, we have enough conman and Minjoo to deal with already :< I love how you refer to the mom as lady and the lawyer as girl, she really is that, a girl, a kid, like those in school dramas where a popular, richer girl looks down and talks to the unpopular, poor main character to “stay out of the boy i like or else”.

Urgh......the way how madame rolled up on restaurant the selfish cow. She most definitely the spiteful, vengeful type. She's the type that drops bombs just to cause grief with no care for how Ga On will be affected. She thinks she's the bee's knees and so they should both welcome her with open arms. If not she'll just bulldoze her way through. She's sneaky and will try do things behind Seol Ak's back to force the issue. Like I said before a very me me me mentality, Ga On feelings be damned. If she can't get her way she'll sink the whole ship, and take the one life boat, leg it, and leave them to sort the mess she created. Seol Ak is about to go on a rough ride. Hope to God writernim doesn't use GYO to try redeem her and build bridges. 

@Mocharel :lol: So sorry to hear about your trauma with Love Til the End. :lol: That show had at least four characters that drove me up the wall. After that experience, I quickly dropped daily shows that seemed to trend that way like Shady Mom where I would have had to endure the mother’s evil schemes for most of the drama. Mom Has an Affair started out not so overpowered by evil but then I couldn’t take the murder and frame up when that happened. I don’t have a problem with selfish and evil characters so long as the protagonist aren’t stupid and saintly. The problem with Kdrama shows are that they do the extremes. Most people dislike people who dislike them. Most people fight back against unfair treatment. In Kdrama the protagonist of these daily shows are almost always doormats. I don’t buy characters like these because I think it’s human nature for a person not to like those that treat them bad. 

@tas82, right now SA believes the story that the consultant lady told him. Ga On seems to want to reject the lady’s story though. What she believes about the lady will most definitely impact whether she wants to accept her as her mother or not. As to SA, I suppose the conflict will be the lady’s fight against his wishes to wait until Ga On is older to meet with her. In tomorrow’s episode it seems that SA and her will argue over Ga On. 

Kocowa Translation:
Sul Ak: Now I know how I feel. I can’t go back to that time again. I can’t even be friends with you.

Gye Ok: Sul Ak ssi.

Consultant: Can I meet that person too? The person you like. 

Geum Gang: Today is the day.

Woman: To rely on one man and live

Mr. Boo: A boyfriend. That sounds good.

Gye Ok: I’d rather go in.

Mr. Boo: He will go into the soup room with Gye Ok.

Min Joo: Father.

Mr. Boo better not train the Con man in making the soup. It will be his death knell. I like the alternative of Han Ra learning it because he’s a blank slate and he can be taught how to make it. However, I think it unlikely that the recipe will be passed to Han Ra although it would be nice. Bo Mi can help him if they get married. She’s already used to working in the kitchen and with meat. 

I have a feeling that the consultant lady will use Ga On to encourage Sul Ak to make them a family. *roll eyes* Just wait until the bomb falls that he’s not the biological father. However, the way the consultant lady talks about Sul Ak as Ga On’s dad makes it seem like he’s the biological dad at times.

Min Joo is going to hate GYO even more now that she’s going to be trained on making the soup together with Baek Doo. I hope Mr. Boo and GYO are not dissuaded from this course. Sometimes these people act as though Min Joo is their ruler.

Honestly it will be a great wrap up to the story if of all ppl, Halla will be the one to inherit the restaurant, it’ll be a closing to his arc too, when he has learned all of the lessons in his life and matured into a better person, rather than having Gye Ok inherit the restaurant, it will be more meaningful than just plain predictable, classic “happy end” trope. 

I’m sooooooooo tiiiireeeeed of this dragging conman-Minjoo plot just let Minjoo fall into a sewer ditch already and then the conman dumped her and have the rest of the episodes try to focus back to the final plot with Ga On. I’m sorry if I just whine about this all the time but I don’t want to waste 30 mins of my time to watch a rotting chewing gum of a plot being stretched out for a mile >< we don’t have much episodes left so the dragging plot is ridiculous

@MocharelWe have LOTS of episodes remaining, that's why the Conman/D-in-Law1 plot line is d-r-a-g-g-i-n-g along.  

I just watched a C-Drama that went from start to time-traveling finish in 12 episodes!  It zipped along, keeping me on the edge-of-my-seat (not really).  Take that same story and s- t- r- e- t- c- h- it to over 100 episodes... lots of yawns happen.  

Unfortunately I thing you're right @celebrianna. Her selfish *** will use the kid. She'll lay it on thick about how she's always missed her. If only her mum didn't lie to her.....yadda yadda yadda.

I second that thought @Mocharel. It would be awesome if it ends with Ha Ra and Bo Mi married and the camera cuts to Ha Ra in the soup room and Bo Mi outside greeting customers with her noodle baby bump.

Kocowa Translation:

Mr. Boo: How dare you come here? :popcornjackson:

Consultant: I came here to say goodbye. Thank you for raising my child so far. 

Ae Ri: Goodness me, is she Ga On’s mom?

Geum Gang: Shouldn’t they live together?

Min Joo: That’s why I told you to stop. Cut your coat according to your cloth.

Stepmom: Gye Ok.

Stepmom: Tell me. Why are you two together at this time? What’s going on between you two?

———————————

From today’s episode, I liked the way Sul Ak told consultant lady that it’s not her place to vet the person he likes. It was a nice slap across her face. It felt good to see her storm out of his office because of his response. I hope Mr. Boo cut her down straightaway and leave no room for her sympathy card.

Min Joo seem to be enjoying this new development though. I guess it happened just in time since she just found out that Mr. Boo will allow GYO to accompany Baek Doo in the soup room. Please, please writer give us a delicious takedown of Min Joo. Then again, I think it’s best if I lower my expectations to see her utterly exposed and humiliated. Even if she finds out that con man is conning her before their plans come to fruition, somebody already have her in pictures carrying on an affair. 

Archived