[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

Let's all hope for the best tomorrow!

I think the writer knows that she HAS to give us some sweet moments this week. After all, we had the trip to Daejeon last week. 

Despite being a bit disappointed with all the angst recently, I'm happy that we've seen some growth from our characters. 

Spoiler

Let's also keep our hopes up! After all, we definitely have a hug scene in the future. 

• Like 12

@Jillia Yes I agree about when JY plays Träumerei! That's what I meant to say in my last post, hehe, that when he plays, he's the most sincere. It's genuine and it's him actually wanted to play the piano.

Also I retract my questions about why Professor Yoo uploaded JY playing Träumerei. It's because he's a SNAKE :onfirex: 

I knew I shouldn't have given him the benefit of the doubt... Those past scenes that the drama shown of Professor Yoo made me pity and sympathize with him a bit, but after today's episode? :Furious:

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Ameera Ali

We gotta appreciate though... Joon Young never once in this drama did the horrendous wrist-grabbing we usually see from male leads in k-dramas. :lol: Joon Young always stops Song Ah by running after her until he is in front of her. 

It’s cute how he does that 

1 minute ago, rafeusjanela said:

Let's all hope for the best tomorrow!

I think the writer knows that she HAS to give us some sweet moments this week. After all, we had the trip to Daejeon last week. 

Despite being a bit disappointed with all the angst recently, I'm happy that we've seen some growth from our characters. 

Hide contents

Let's also keep our hopes up! After all, we definitely have a hug scene in the future. 

If this keeps up I need to see them getting married and having babies and playing on stage together and becoming a touring couple before I can be satisfied for all the pain writer nim put me through lol

• Like 7
  • Love 7

There are things I note, that this too makes sad. 

SA reminded if their promise to tell each other on good days / bad days. 

On the ep 5. When she about to tell him the good news about getting into graduate school, JY was not there for her. (by this means i mean whatever the reason it is). 

And this time, when she about to tell him that she is having a hard time(after hesitant for a bit bcs actually she rather calls him on a good day), he was not there for her neither. 

I feel sorry for SA, bcs on the opposite, it seems like she always on the side of the giver. 

At this rate, if JY still cant get anything straight. Im okay for (temporary) break up if thats what it takes for JY to clear his issues and having a personal growth himself. I just can't take any more pain on our girl SA. She deserves better than "something happened." or "i still have things to do." being the reason anytime JY's presence is absent to her. 

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 2

Another ep filled with rollercoaster experience :joy:

One thing that I really dislike - how come there are so much coincidences that create misunderstandings between the couple? They just happened at such RIGHT time that raise another misunderstanding before the previous one is solved? (I'm talking to you writer-nim)

And just when I'm about to think here comes another good adult and professor, he plagiarized his student's piece the next second:surprisedwut: I guess the writer doesn't like things to be good in the main characters life.

I feel really really bad for JY - it seems like all people in his life just wanted him to live the way they wanted him to be (his parents, Director Na, JK, SJ, Professor Yoo). Just let the boy breath! The boy can't do what he wants to do and doesn't have enough money for himself :cry:

At this stage I'm tired thinking about how everything can be solved (including the relationship), I just want SA and JY to get some rest:pensive:

Anyway, still glad that SA finally said no to the professor, it seems like MS wanted to make up with SA again, JY creating boundaries between him and JK, SA has Young In to talk to after the "good wife" event, and SA's sister seems to be supportive of her and wanted her have a happy life. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 4

9 minutes ago, Jillia said:

They remind me of my professors actually. I had some good but some were downright terrible. Which is why these 3 professors make me extra angry. They're too close to home.

I understand. I had some Professors I really liked and got close to. The ones that were terrible..well, I didn’t have many of these but i strayed from the horrible ones. I go in and do my work then leave. It hurts because SA and JY looks up to these professionals in hopes of better guidance but they are sleazy, unprofessional snakes. One is a duster. One is a plagerizer and one is..well..egotistical. Sighs. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jillia said:

They got to the top for a reason unfortunately for being sleazy and greedy.

agree!!

:facepalm:

1 minute ago, Melly Trw said:

Someone in twitter mentioned that they have a feeling that Director Nah (JK grandma) might probably pass away in the drama..

ohh..interesting theory! Didn’t think of this one yet. 

• Like 7

@Melly Trw Honestly I won't be suprised if they go that route. The episode today seemed to kind of hint it, when JY and Director Nah said good bye to each other outside of the school, and Director Nah said that JY should be able to play Brahms now and requested if he could play it for her once :unsure:

• Like 8
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

Since episode 13 might cause insomnia, here's an antidote:

On the bright side, at least the writer did not commit the travesty of making JY shelter JK with the umbrella gifted by SA. That would be high treason in DYLB nation.

Professor Duster and Professor Song received too much screen time today. Hope that they can improve the pacing in the last 3 episodes, because we need a proper resolution arc for the main characters. The villains can be taken offline surely!

• Like 4
  • Love 8

If anything at least JY is drawing boundary between him and JK. But then it is not so easy when she is not respecting or understand what he want. it is like having a leach around you. slowly eating your up.....

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, Jillia said:

They remind me of my professors actually. I had some good but some were downright terrible. Which is why these 3 professors make me extra angry. They're too close to home.

You're so right! I had to take a moment off to remind myself it's only a drama and to not react much to it... Such professors exist and are successful only because of the abuse of power and plagiarism they do and unfortunately no matter how successful you are outside of college ( like JY) there's hardly anything they can do without jeopardizing themselves..

Like SJ mentions, if JY were to sue Prof Snake for copyright publicly , it'll only become a sensational issue that will take attention off his piano playing

Given how important Traümerei has become in the story, I wonder if it has any connection to Brahms though..

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Sky8lue said:

Since episode 13 might cause insomnia, here's an antidote

On the bright side, at least the writer did not commit the travesty of making JY shelter JK with the umbrella gifted by SA. That would be high treason in DYLB nation.

omo. If the writer went that route, i will be kicking her/his butt more than any of the others 

:kicks:

7 minutes ago, Jillia said:

We needed:

haha or more like “unnecessary drama” lol. 

• Like 7