[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

5 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Cha In Young the only adult in this drama which is actually worth being an adult came to the college to give a special lesson to the students. Professor Lee told her that she praised Song Ah so much, she made her her assistant.

She is basically telling Cha In Young, she and Joon Young have great eyes to spot someone like Song Ah who will make a great wife to plan the schedule and so on.

And Jung Kyung's grandmother is hearing this as well and says that she doesn't think Joon Young is dating and of course Professor Lee is like "I told you they were dating." OMG!

Cha In Young takes Song Ah aside and tells her: "Some people talk without thinking first. And not all adults act likes adults just because they're older."

WORD!!!

Song Ah: "I'm still envious of people who say what they want to say. At least you can protect yourself. I just don't want to hurt other people." Song Ah!!!! :(

aigoo!!! SA!!!! don’t let me end up kicking your butt too!!! 

you rather let them hurt you then instead of protecting yourself!!!! Aigoo!!!! Why be envious when you can simply do it too??!!

Man!!

tenor.gif

• Like 11

Ep 13:

That was another intense episode, less frustrating than episode 12, but I wish the screenwriter stops applying a series of unfortunate events to our OTP every episode. It's becoming a dreaded formula.

The good: SA telling Prof Duster that she's quitting the chamber orchestra (more accurately the assistant role, since she's not part of the chamber itself). JY telling Director Nah that he cannot stay beside JK. JY telling JK that he cannot remain as her accompanist and that they should stop meeting each other.

The bad:  JK giving money to JY's father to pay off his debt. Prof Duster humiliating SA about being the wife who will help JY manage his musical career and life behind the scenes in front of Kyunghoo staff, Director Nah and Haena.

The ugly:  JK having the audacity to tell JY that "he needs her just as she needs him" after disclosing that she again lent money to pay off JY's father's debt. Emotional blackmail at its finest. After the debt problem is temporarily resolved, we get another spanner in the works: Prof Yoo stole JY's piano recording and masqueraded it as his own. JK sent a text message to tell JY because he refused to pick up her call. But this incident causes JY to rush to Prof Yoo's place, while SA walks into JK leaving JY's apartment building. SA confronts JK in the final scene.

The uglier:  Prof Duster, Prof Song and now Prof Yoo can all go into the Hall of Shame. And to think we gave Prof Yoo the benefit of the doubt in the earlier episodes.

Dear writer-nim, please give our OTP a break. We have enough problems to resolve without new ones being added every episode. Only 3 episodes to go...

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, minsunie said:

I think she said to the director something like I've lost my talent, I've lost my mum, I threw away HH, I cannot lose JY. She's holding on to him as the only thing she has left. it's not true love. but oh. I have to say her prof is a piece of work too. her ego is like wow. when Jk said she did the lesson because she felt like she understood how Jiwon felt- Prof actually said to JK:" What? you think Jiwon is like *you*? no way... *she's* not gonna fail like you."  OUCH. and this is the woman who was smiling and being so nice to her all these years. the two profs are just the worst. I just want their academic career to crash and BURN pronto. wait. add JY's prof to the mix too. are there no decent teachers in this messed up school?!!?

Unfortunately I think these two miserable, awful professors will continue as they are. Like you, I would honestly love to see them fall. They must have been behaving this way for years now because their antagonistic relationship is notorious in the music circles on campus. Notice how HH realized right away why he was kicked out of the chamber orchestra group. Personally I think JK could become a good teacher. She seems to pay attention to the student and offer good instruction. Even JY’s piano instructor has a self-interest motive when taking JY as his student. They all suck. 

• Like 13

Preview :D 

Translation By joey in the comment. 

Sungjae: A teacher stole his student's performance... How ??? would a story like that be?

Joonyoung: I want this to be taken down as soon as possible. I feel like Songah will be upset.

Jungkyung: Do you know why you hid this from Songah?

Joonyoung: It's because I like Songah, not because I can't get over you.

Jungkyung: The fact that he played this song again... Do you know what this means?

Songah's sister: No matter what others say, you just have to do what makes you happy.

Songah: I want to deal with these feelings face to face. I'm having a hard time... and I wanted to lean on you for support.

Joonyoung: It's all my fault. So lean on me.:wub:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 17

I seriously felt SO bad for JY when the money thing came up and Director grandma heard it all. It was SO embarrassing for JY who just doesn't want to be at the receiving end anymore (he told JK I don't want to just be the receiver anymore). So humiliating and pathetic it makes him feel in front of the person he loved. The reason why they could never be together even in the past is because of this money and piano thing in between them. 

And when JY told JK "let's not see each other again. ever." I legit had the chills. OUCH. I wouldn't want this face to say that to me ahahahaha. It was so well acted:) I think my heart would have been broken into smithereens if I were JK hahahah

• Like 14
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

@debbsthebee You are right, what I caught from the preview is that SA told JY that she wants to lean on him.. Idk man, from the preview, it looks like they were hinting that SA is going to leave JY side. However, we see that JY chases after SA and says that she can lean on him.

Also other thing, I really liked this scene from this episode:

I like how she said that the two times she gathered up courage was, 1) the violin and 2) love. However, she does continue to say that since she love (those two so much) even if she gets hurt and hurt, she thought she could continue to love them, but she said it might've been her being conceited.. :bawling: I wonder if this means she's going to give up a) violent or b) break up with JY?

• Like 10
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

can we kill all these annoying people 

@vangsweetie637 @Jillia I am crying , he said he will wait for her , but he have to leave because he got text for his ex 

Can we ?? do that to those annoying peeple through a slow process? So that each one of them feel the pain humiliation they made SA feel!!!

24 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Dana T the tagging is meant to specifically let the person know that what you want to say or reply to is to them :D it’s like quoting someone but if the quote was too long, you can simply tag instead ;)

@annamchoi i not only been kicking butts but been tempted to do this:

but like SA to her violin, I love my phone too :D

Those people!! Really are pain in the butts!! ILL  join you in kicking those butts!!!:kicks::fear:

@Jillia  it is only Ms Cha who truly understand! The others they can go to!!!

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

6 minutes ago, sal2 said:

Preview :D 

Translation By joey in the comment. 

Sungjae: A teacher stole his student's performance... How ??? would a story like that be?

Joonyoung: I want this to be taken down as soon as possible. I feel like Songah will be upset.

Jungkyung: Do you know why you hid this from Songah?

Joonyoung: It's because I like Songah, not because I can't get over you.

Jungkyung: The fact that he played this song again... Do you know what this means?

Songah's sister: No matter what others say, you just have to do what makes you happy.

Songah: I want to deal with these feelings face to face. I'm having a hard time... and I wanted to lean on you for support.

Joonyoung: It's all my fault. So lean on me.:wub:

thank you for the translation of the preview!!!! This park sungjae is only interested in making it a sensational story. he is such a lowlife.   I need some happiness tomorrow I cannot deal with this pain for my two puppies anymore!!!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 11

@sal2 Thank you for the translation of the preview! 

Jung Kyung is doing it again, she's getting on my nerves! That would've been painful to hear for Song Ah! It's such a simple question but it has so much meaning. 

On another note, why did Professor Yoo have to record Träumerei of all pieces? (i feel so exasperated) Although I might know why: isn't it because Joon Young hasn't played it in public before? It's amazing how this ties in with the earlier episodes where Song Ah searched up Joon Young's recording of Träumerei yet she couldn't find any. 

I'm a bit worried though. I think that parts of episode 10 to 13 could've been removed to make way for other developments in the plot. I do hope that the writer manages to wrap this up (in 3 episodes) without bad pacing. We still have a lot left to solve. 

• Like 13
  • Insightful 1

In the preview, she finally had support from her sister. Maybe the parents will follow up to be her supporter as well. 

Kyung Hoo foundation and Jung Kyung urghhhh, they are totally thinking that money can buy happiness 

• Like 11

@minsunie 100 percent agree about feeling bad for JY! If last episode, SY broke my heart, this episode JY broke my heart! Omg, when JK told JY that she gave the money to his dad because he called, I was like WHATT!! They are BASICALLY continuing to make JY UNHAPPY at this point and CONTINUING to make him FEEL IN DEBT of their family. He doesn't play the piano happily anymore because they keep doing this to him. What broke my heart even more is when JY was talking with his mom and he told her that he might've been HAPPIER in the situation before JK gave them the money. My goodness, doesn't that just speak words about how JY feels about JK and her grandma continuing to support him? Like we all know at this point, JY isn't playing the piano because he wants to and is happy to play. I really REALLY hope by the end of this drama, JY can play the piano on his freewill, happy and he WANTS to play!

Also about the preview and JK saying to SA, "you know the reason (or meaning behind) why he played that song again". I don't think it's because of JK or because it reminds him of her. I think it's because when he plays that song, it's basically what the professor has been scolding him from not doing. Playing the piano HE truly wants to. Him actually enjoy playing the piano. These are just my thoughts though

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I mean she probably got her own experience and life story how she became the Team Leader at the foundation. And she is simply empathetic. Unlike all the other adults in this drama. :D 

Ikr!!! She seriously needs to be doling out more advice to our poor SA and JY. Haha for once I'm glad I'm wrong and that JY was saying to lean on him. Cross fingers that means we might get some sweet moments tmr. 

• Like 7
  • Love 5