[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

17 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I told you he is writers fav. He won’t die :lol:

They did not even upload his YouTube clip doing that brave act. May be you see it in main episode . Every preview seems same . Chois are getting scrapped out since ages now . Poor guys ! Will CJH ever have good day . Am really cheering for him but he seems to have nothing left .This revenge is no fun . 

• Like 2

On 7/27/2020 at 12:55 PM, Lmangla said:

was trying to think of a short drama and this is what popped in my head @maribella ~ mask has a pretty wild story but has great actors who put in strong performances and there is lots of chemistry. if you haven't seen it, definitely worth checking out...

here is the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSHaPpaeo5k

I had a look at ep 1, the soompi forum had 400 plus pages!!! The guy was in Goong but can't remember where I saw the woman.

I think I'll watch the end only. :hwaiting2:

we should be talking about this show.:dead:

• Like 2

Just saw the preview . Now that I have officially become CJ H fan suddenly  I am loving the drama . He is so expert in getting scapegoats :joy: . HW is already on roads,  now he dragged Chairman Han into it.  This is interesting . I know CJ H will end up in jail for sure but before he goes he will make sure to drag everybody down . 

He is Satan but fact remains he saved Chairman Han life. So Chairman Han must pay for it. TI already paid by living seven years in hell while Chairman Han and his crybaby son enjoyed the life in ignorance . ED may have forgiven them  but  their gain from sin must pay. 

I feel CJH did not order Mr Cha  murder . He ordered the secretary to get hold of proof Mr Cha had recorded. But things escalated and Mr Cha died . So he covered it up for his secretary. He has all chances to avoid full murder charges . 

At least EC can say in future my father was not a murderer . 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, shana0127 said:

Just saw the preview . Now that I have officially become CJ H fan suddenly  I am loving the drama . He is so expert in getting scapegoats :joy: . HW is already on roads,  now he dragged Chairman Han into it.  This is interesting . I know CJ H will end up in jail for sure but before he goes he will make sure to drag everybody down . 

He is Satan but fact remains he saved Chairman Han life. So Chairman Han must pay for it. TI already paid by living seven years in hell while Chairman Han and his crybaby son enjoyed the life in ignorance . ED may have forgiven them  but  their gain from sin must pay. 

I feel CJH did not order Mr Cha  murder . He ordered the secretary to get hold of proof Mr Cha had recorded. But things escalated and Mr Cha died . So he covered it up for his secretary. He has all chances to avoid full murder charges . 

At least EC can say in future my father was not a murderer . 

Of all the stupid things to do was yell at a murder suspect to confess? May be the writer could have Ko confess and we can move on to another show? Sorry @shana0127 still cannot like  the show or the actress either. I'm reading the forum for the previews and spoilers, then the last episode.

So the chairman and MH have made up? 

• Like 2

@maribella me too not watching .But what say previews keep popping  and I click it for old time sake :facepalm:

.... seems like they did make up  ...her crocodile tears did work .....chairman was holding her hands to console her . 

The show is already over . There is nothing to reveal or solve. It’s all repeat . CJH will keep findIng ways to run till the last episode . And suddenly writer will send him to jail . You just need one episode to wrap up the whole show. 

• Like 3

finally have the time to comment after catching up on episodes 

Whew! Just want to say that if ED didn't have writer-nim on her side, she would have been blown out of the water. CJH is still trying to keep his cool and fight his way out but ED is struggling DESPITE having nearly every powerful faction on her side. 

In another life, CJH would be king lol morals aside, he and seo ju's mum have the most brains 

• LOL 2

Why aren't you writing, people? @Lmangla what about you dear? I feel quite guilty here, wanting to know what's happening but self preservation stops me from watching:hwaiting2:

Anyway, I had watched ep 1 of Flower of Evil, I need something  inane like this to balance my blood pressure. That show is suspense and suspense. I'll drop by later. 

• LOL 2

@maribella there is nothing to write . It’s merry go round ! It’s all about Chois now . Papa Choi is on run such a weakling ! I wonder if a smart and shrewd guy like CJH is really his son! TI dad standing for Hans looks so OTT. Crybaby trying to act responsible is even more funny ! The actor needs to learn acting . He just can’t act mature! 

ED is being highlighted more . Though I am really hating her don’t know why?

SJ trying to impress TI parents brings no spice , it’s irritating  and looks overly fake. We know drama is over . But then writers need to add some extra scenes... so well.....ED and TI are both robotic now and into business , they don’t care anything personal around ! 

Actors playing CJH and HW are good in acting. They had maximum character growth in this drama! They really can act mature childish villainous and pitiful. In the end it’s all about how you act.

Go sewon as TI did exactly what he did in his last show  Return of Fortunate Bok. ( 2017 drama) I am waiting for it’s sub.Same writer more or less same side actors . Though here TI character was made extra mature . But screen time and centralization of character is the same. I was expecting same in FP but here story has never been about couple or romance . No kisses at all except for CJH and HW that too to show that HW is cheating  ! 

It was always TI CJH and ED and how Chois come down. It is still the same. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, shana0127 said:

@maribella there is nothing to write . It’s merry go round ! It’s all about Chois now . Papa Choi is on run such a weakling ! I wonder if a smart and shrewd guy like CJH is really his son! TI dad standing for Hans looks so OTT. Crybaby trying to act responsible is even more funny ! The actor needs to learn acting . He just can’t act mature! 

SJ trying to impress TI parents brings no spice , it’s irritating  and looks overly fake. We know drama is over . But then writers need to add some extra scenes... so well.....ED and TI are both robotic now and into business , they don’t care anything personal around ! 

I just love your post @shana0127

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shana0127 said:

Actors playing CJH and HW are good in acting. They had maximum character growth in this drama! They really can act mature childish villainous and pitiful. In the end it’s all about how you act.

Go sewon as TI did exactly what he did in his last show  Return of Fortunate Bok. ( 2017 drama) I am waiting for it’s sub.Same writer more or less same side actors . Though here TI character was made extra mature . But screen time and centralization of character is the same. I was expecting same in FP but here story has never been about couple or romance . No kisses at all except for CJH and HW that too to show that HW is cheating  ! 

It was always TI CJH and ED and how Chois come down. It is still the same. 

CJH's father is the screentime man now?  I hope ED's chicken staff housemate won't be the centre. She acts as if she will not get another role. :lol:

I am still waiting for the 'fatal' part after Papa Cha. Even the guy with the baseball bat could not kill off HJH.

Well we may get good news tonight. All the Chois  and Hans and Kangs go on a reconciliation boat ride. :phew:

• LOL 2

kekeke.. @maribella ~ there isn't much to comment though I find parts of it rather amusing. the exasperated sighs of kang il seob whenever seo ju shows up are pretty amusing. even ji hoon's "what the?" expression was rather hilarious as he watched seo ju praise a plain bowl of rice. hahahah... but yea as @shana0127 notes, crocodile, goldfish chairman, abba mama and hye won are killing it with their acting.

this is really one backstabbing family where they all keep turning on each other but they won't get out of each other lives. maybe the fatal is for goldfish chairman? if he does something, then jun hyuk will take revenge on them or something. then maybe end of story. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2

@maribella I wish the boat turns down and all die together :joy:

Anyways all seem immortal here . Have never watched any drama after episode 60 so never had the idea that they repeat so much !!

@Lmangla I hope something like that happens. CJH needs motivation to turn fatal again . May be his Papa will be the one . 

Must say long Family dramas belong to veterans and villain  It’s they who spice up the things . Plus all crux lies in first 60 episodes rest is repeat. FP taught me this :smort:

• LOL 1

11 hours ago, shana0127 said:

@maribella I wish the boat turns down and all die together :joy:

Anyways all seem immortal here . Have never watched any drama after episode 60 so never had the idea that they repeat so much !!

@Lmangla I hope something like that happens. CJH needs motivation to turn fatal again . May be his Papa will be the one . 

Must say long Family dramas belong to veterans and villain  It’s they who spice up the things . Plus all crux lies in first 60 episodes rest is repeat. FP taught me this

I have watched 100 plus episode shows many times, when things got bad, someone usually reminded us that these daily shows cater to the tastes of Stay at home ajummas. 

Because ajummas like uncomplicated shows ( my guess) we will see real resolutions, not the hanging type. Also they like kumbaya endings ( again my guess) the writer has chosen Ko to be the bad guy. He might be overzealous. So our spectacled villain will be whitewashed to be a filial son, a protective son since the father is jelly like, the mother is weird. Or will they kill him and get HW and TI to walk away into the sunset?  :Please:just thinking aloud, don't hit me.

:) 

• LOL 2

@shana0127 ~ daily dramas are always about the veterans really; thats why they are able to sell crazy plots and make it seem somewhat normal. hahahaha... and many of these now famous actors basically got their training by acting in daily and weekend dramas. so for the younger ones, it is like school where they get to learn from their seniors.

@maribella ~ kekeke... I know that dailys seem uncomplicated with their over simple or repettive plots but I keep enjoying them. :sweatingbullets: hahahha.. I think it is because of how the actors bring nuance and make these characters seem real. what I like is that many are quite realistic of life. these are not oversimplified characters -- they are bad and stupid and equally loving.... and happy endings can be irksome at times but what I like is that even with those, most dramas give a good dose of karma to them. so it isn't a sweet ending necessarily but a bittersweet one. only the stupid ones give brain transplant to the bad characters and make everyone get collective amnesia by forgetting the evil deeds. :lol:

fatal promise is just badly written with no coherence and rather poor characterization of the main characters. only the villains are complex and hilariously entertaining. it has always felt like a hilarious comedy which I watch to unwind. :lol:.. so very low expectations that just went further down. LOL.

however, there are some good dailys out there. I am watching one right now and it is actually good that I keep wondering if it will go south soon and start going in circles -- yea fatal promise effect on me! :sweatingbullets: hahhahahha.... but so far, plot is moving fast and most secrets are out and we are halfway through -- am excited to see what the second half will bring. if you have time to catch up on 60 episodes, do watch "my mom has affair" and join us on the thread.

• Like 4

@maribella I do like actress playing HW but not HW. Maybe in next drama she can be FL . Coz of Park Hana can be FL then why can’t that actress . CJH shouldn’t be redeemed , it’s all about him now . He sure will prove himself a filial son by protecting his family and going to jail in the end. I feel first half of drama was for TI and second part is for CJH. 

TI redeemed himself by opening that case once again . CJH will redeem himself by going to jail. 

@Lmangla I did watch that  drama. It has story of my taste  FL is ok as well but ML is horrible there. I don’t like him euwwwww..... Same happened with Gracious  Revenge. I liked story and FL  but ML was horrible again. I had second lead Syndrom in that drama . So I left it . My biggest problem is that a drama must have good ML + FL+ Story combination of my taste else I don’t watch. FP had it all till episode 60 .After that it’s repeat. Plus I felt ML story ended by episode 70 when he got FL married to a child and redeemed himself of all burdens . So now FP is all about Vellain CJH reaching final destination : Jail  !  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, shana0127 said:

Wait did. Chairman ask TI to marry SJ

What??

Why am I surprised? The writer has no more avenues to keep people watching.  Choi papa is on the run from last episode. Did he manage to elude Seoul's finest? An unfit old doctor? :lol:

Girls, tell me, is it confirmed 100 eps all together?

• Like 1