[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

0ly40

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

aside the comments sections is going crazy for this LOL, and the amount of dislikes is no joke...

lol did you read this comment?? 

" this drama wanna show sasaeng's fantasy visions after stalking idol for 20-30 years" HAHAHAHAHAH. OMG this comment make me laugh so hard!!!

10 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

Okay so KBS uploaded the ending scene and i am confused again. Is JB really alive/ just a figment of imagination??...sigh why must it be at the bookstore out of all places :( 

we will never figure it out. what can we expect from an insane writer!

Hide contents

Okay so KBS uploaded the ending scene and i am confused again. Is JB really alive/ just a figment of imagination??...sigh why must it be at the bookstore out of all places :( 

aside the comments sections is going crazy for this LOL, and the amount of dislikes is no joke... 

I gave my dislike too.

I'm not flustered just because the loveline, but all the mysteries end up in a weirdly way.

I had so many questions, they didn't answer all.

The Sang Ah, Gong In Woo, Hye Mi, JB's daddy end was horrible too, so anti-climatic.

The yellow umbrella case - wow, I was expecting so much more.

In early episodes They gave us so many pieces, I was trying to understand all, but that's not a thing I could understand, because is a problem with the script.

37 minutes ago, nitttss said:
48 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

lol did you read this comment?? 

" this drama wanna show sasaeng's fantasy visions after stalking idol for 20-30 years" HAHAHAHAHAH. OMG this comment make me laugh so hard!!!

@nitttss i know right , i think alot of fans are pissed at the way the writer was romanticizing a stalker/ psychopath. I mean i think it could have been portrayed better with better writing...

37 minutes ago, nitttss said:

we will never figure it out. what can we expect from an insane writer

Sigh it would have been fine if they didnt have SH looking at them at end? Like why make him such a miserable character right til the end... he could have a whole new life away from SB , be a successful lawyer and have a love interest. SH aint no doubt is this drama’s most pitiful character !!! ...sigh 

30 minutes ago, jeilopes said:

I gave my dislike too.

I'm not flustered just because the loveline, but all the mysteries end up in a weirdly way.

The Sang Ah, Gong In Woo, Hye Mi, JB's daddy end was horrible too, so anti-climatic.

In early episodes They gave us so many pieces, I was trying to understand all, but that's not a thing I could understand, because is a problem with the script.

@jeilopes yeah ikr... the romance part aside, the ending was also kinda crappy? The mystery and all the revenge plot lines were all mediocre and lack substance im sorry. And the other subplots??? They still hadnt explain those that i mentioned in my previous post?? 
Sigh thank god this stupid drama is done , i am just gonna skip the subbed last episode ...probably wait for more BTS to be posted and hopefully for these actors to lead a better script next time.

Really hope to see LSH getting a girl for god sake in his next production . Is he cursed or what? Its the same in all his past dramas oh gosh

35 minutes ago, jeilopes said:

I gave my dislike too.

me too! 

Sigh thank god this stupid drama is done , i am just gonna skip the subbed last episode

yes im relieved we r now free from this mess! this drama end at episode 10 for me. when he shot JB and carry SB outside. thats the ending for me.

12 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

Really hope to see LSH getting a girl for god sake in his next production . Is he cursed or what? Its the same in all his past dramas oh gosh

i only watched 2 of his drama actaully. this one and the scholar who walks at night. didnt give much attention in scholar, but im mesmerized by him here! any nice drama of him? im thinking of local hero, is that any good?

13 minutes ago, jeilopes said:

I gave my dislike too.

Yes honestly I am still so frustrated with this. I cannot believe they ended this so sloppily. Some stupid movie investor must have said, "No the people just want the romance, let's not waste more screen time on the mystery." But honestly I cannot understand why they had to end with JB and SB. Like it was too forceful. I think the writer lacked experience in managing expectations and tried to please too many parties involved in this drama. Ended up losing her own perspective.

If they wanted to end this way, then they should not have romanticised HE and HB's loveline so much in the first place. So unnecessary. This is why I think her ending with JB in the end must be some last minute patch work for whatever dumb reason they came up with.

Why did they even need to talk about psychopaths as well? It did not give us much of a conclusion on what they wanted to say about psychopaths aside from the fact that they can be a murderer (shallow AF). Every other drama/movie talks about the same BS. I also didn't know why there was so much build up on JB's character being psychopathic. In the end, he was only understood as a very normal person (after his personality changed from the bullet) but not made understood as a psychopath. It did nothing to speak of how societal bias is towards those with antisocial disorders and how people can actually understand them more even if they are still affected by the disorder. Dull. All it did was to confuse us whether JC was the killer or not. Same dumb nonsense with JC's seizures/spasms/hallucinations. All just shallow tactics to confuse us instead of using it as a chance for a deeper discussion. Manipulating topics like mental disorders just to bait interest. I hope all the upcoming K-Dramas with the theme of psychopaths are not doing the same nonsense. I will be so angry seriously.

I started watching K-Dramas because I felt like they were less emotionally manipulative and more ethical in the messages they conveyed versus a lot of other Asian dramas that uses excessive bad characters, bad behaviour and endless loops of unethical values sown to society just to rig up the viewership. I don't know what to think of BA. If this is the kind of new frontier the writer is talking about them doing for K-Dramas then I am giving it up.

Mr Rogers Clown GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

This is all of us who continued to watch this drama, thinking that SH-SB was endgame. LOL, it looks like it was the majority of us though, which is why the backlash to this drama is so bad. I haven't watched the last two episodes, and I don't really have any intention of doing so. I started this drama because of Jang Ki Young, and I stayed for Lee Soo Hyuk. I'll definitely be looking out for his and the other two actors' work though.

I just wish that they had pushed JB-SB more in the beginning and hadn't made this love triangle straggle on for literally the entirety of the drama. They spent too much time developing SH-SB's relationship from the past and into the future for viewers to think that she was going to end up with JB. It would have been an easier pill to swallow if there was far less emphasis on SH. I wish SH didn't love SB as much as he did. It just makes the situation that much more tragic. Everyone loves the whole eternal love concept and were rooting for eternal love to be the main theme of the drama. I haven't felt this back stabbed in a long time over a drama. I guess the writer was more intent on emphasizing our ability to be new people and start fresh. It just wasn't necessary though. Like the mere fact that she was considering him as a partner before she got her memories back is proof that he's capable of love and that he is a human, not a beast. This was what he was struggling with the entire time.  It's upsetting that she didn't take this route since there was a way to validate all the time she spent on SH-SB/HB-HE whilst still giving JB the redemption he was looking for.

Like @nitttss mentioned, I'm confused about some of the metaphors that the writer made though. I haven't watched the last two episodes, so if someone could clarify it for me that would be great. So, in one of the early episodes, we had the metaphor of the red string. We see it in two instances. One, HE ties the red string around the two teddy bears that represent both her and HB. This is supposed to be representative of how they are meant to be together forever. The second instance is when SH and SA get the red bracelets. Here, again, they're referencing a fateful love connection. Interestingly here, the lady who gives them the bracelets explains that a bad previous relationship in the past life will come back to undo a good relationship. I saw this as a metaphor for how JB was that bad previous relationship that was coming to ruin SH-SB's new good relationship. At the same time though, they also said that a previous good relationship in the past life is only fleeting in the present life, which would foreshadow the end of SB-SH. It's just confusing. Mixed signals for sure. I was fairly confident that the red string metaphor was a good sign for SH and SB though. It was the connecting piece between their past life and their future life. Was this metaphor just filler? LMFAOOO like it's even in the main poster. LOL, I guess the point the writer is making is that fate is not real and that when everyone is born anew, they can live life however they want to. None of the past matters.... the problem with this though is that if it didn't matter that much, then why did they spend so much time on it :joy::joy::joy:  If that was the message that the writer was trying to convey, then they shouldn't have made SH's character so pathetically in love with SB until the very end. They should have let all three of them move on from their past lives like JB and SB were seemingly able to do in the end, based on the summaries you guys have given us (thanks @whiteclover!!). If JB is really dead, then SH should NOT be waiting for SB. It undermines and confuses the entire message of the drama. Is it fate is not real, or is it eternal love is real? Is it both? :joy::joy: It's just upsetting all in all. ALSO, the whole heart pain schtick was the worst fakeout. God.

The other thing that I'm confused about too is that HB had a role in HE's parents' death? I know they foreshadowed this or that HB at least had a secret he was holding over HE. That's a pretty big plot point to address until the last episode though. I feel like HE/SB should have forgiven him though?  In the past, HE said that she wouldn't reveal a secret like that and that if the person who committed the wrong saved her life/sacrificed his own life at least once, then the wrong could have been forgiven. SH did sacrifice his life in an attempt to save her life, even if JC wasn't going to kill her. Is the writer trying to say that SH didn't get the girl because he technically failed at protecting her? Like I'm confused about what the writer is trying to say?

Maybe we were all just watching this drama from the wrong frame or mindset. Maybe we weren't supposed to watch this drama from the perspective of a love story. Rather, we were supposed to watch it like a mystery thriller about the idea of fate. The problem is that the writer didn't do a good job of making us the viewer see it through this prism, and the actual crime part of the story was the least compelling and comprehensible part of it all. Plus, even if the end message of the drama was to say fate is not real and JB is not JC, SB is not HE, and SH is not HB, then they did a disservice to SH's character. They should have let him move on. :rage:

28 minutes ago, nitttss said:

me too! 

yes im relieved we r now free from this mess! this drama end at episode 10 for me. when he shot JB and carry SB outside. thats the ending for me.

i only watched 2 of his drama actaully. this one and the scholar who walks at night. didnt give much attention in scholar, but im mesmerized by him here! any nice drama of him? im thinking of local hero, is that any good?

I'm planning to watch scholar next, I hope he won't get me too heartbroken later :joy:

Can someone cast him as a main male lead already??? 

27 minutes ago, ErikaJ said:

I just wish that they had pushed JB-SB more in the beginning and hadn't made this love triangle straggle on for literally the entirety of the drama. They spent too much time developing SH-SB's relationship from the past and into the future for viewers to think that she was going to end up with JB. It would have been an easier pill to swallow if there was far less emphasis on SH.

this. exactly most of us here think. they spent an entire 10 episode believing that damned eternal love. and spent the rest of it with the FL two timing both men, and suddenly she ditch her eternal love and went to her stalker. i feel like i've been fooled. 

27 minutes ago, ErikaJ said:

The other thing that I'm confused about too is that HB had a role in HE's parents' death? I know they foreshadowed this or that HB at least had a secret he was holding over HE. That's a pretty big plot point to address until the last episode though. I feel like HE/SB should have forgiven him though?  In the past, HE said that she wouldn't reveal a secret like that and that if the person who committed the wrong saved her life/sacrificed his own life at least once, then the wrong could have been forgiven. SH did sacrifice his life in an attempt to save her life, even if JC wasn't going to kill her. Is the writer trying to say that SH didn't get the girl because he technically failed at protecting her? Like I'm confused about what the writer is trying to say?

as i understand, SB did forgive SH. but i didnt watch it with sub i might hear it wrong. i dont plan to watch either, so someone who watch later maybe can answer this. i agree thats a big plot hole. i know something happened between HB and HE's parent death, but not in my wild guess that HB is the cause. as for what's the writer trying to say, i got nothing to say. 

@Plummpychan scholar is just so-so for me. and fyi he didnt get the girl as well there haha.  yes please, its time for LSH to get a lead role already!

This drama in a way make me remember the king in love. Yoona who play the FL in that drama said in a interview that she wasn't told who her character loved until the last episode and couldn't show in her acting any sign that show it until the end of the drama.

I can't stop but believe that the writer never told JSY who SB loved so she acted like she what everybody in the world though was logical : SB loved SH and SB had only brother-sister/teacher-pupil feeling for JB.

Then, episode 15, she was told that her character don't know if she loved SH or JB and at the end, was told episode 16 that SB loved JB.

In episode 15, when HE take over SB body, she loved HB/SH then as soon as SB take back her body, she didn't know.

Maybe for the writer, SB love JB and HE love HB. As long as SB didn't remember HE life, she was both character but then, after she recall everything,  she dissociate what HE felt for HB and what she felt for SH.

I honestly just try to defend JSY who I believe is a better actress than what she was given to work with (I saw her in other drama being good).

17 minutes ago, yusefull said:

This drama in a way make me remember the king in love. Yoona who play the FL in that drama said in a interview that she wasn't told who her character loved until the last episode and couldn't show in her acting any sign that show it until the end of the drama.

BTW, I love The King in love! My profile picture is Rin and San.

It has some flaws, but nothing compares to the mess that was Born Again HAAHAHAHAHHAHAH

The male leads there are friends. And the FL never said I love you for any, because She admires their friendship.

The friendship there is way more important the love.

4 hours ago, raziela said:

Yes!  I give a lot of credit to the OST, cinematography, styling and production design.  The production team on this drama have done a great job at making the drama look and sound good.  They deserve a lot of credit.

...and I dare to add..acting. because there were 6 personalities, two time zones. The most requiring character - JB and really JKY's spectacular acting.

The trio leads had a challenge and they should have fulfiiled each other - was it easy? - only actors can tell and we could watch.

BUT

please, don't mix actors with characters, virtual with real world - they work hard and need our full esteem. To understand it better we can try to imagine ourselves in their, actors shoes...

As to a screenwriter - we will see, we will watch...just Kdramas and their uniqe charm.

Stay in a good mood in real life :)

3 minutes ago, jeilopes said:

BTW, I love The King in love! My profile picture is Rin and San.

It has some flaws, but nothing compares to the mess that was Born Again HAAHAHAHAHHAHAH

The male leads there are friends. And the FL never said I love you for any, because She admires their friendship.

The friendship there is way more important the love.

But in the end she end up with she SL and personally I wanted her to end up with the king for the same reason that I wanted the FL with the king in flower crew joseon marriage agency (the fact that in both case didn't happen truly made me feel that both drama are melo with sad ending).

Anyway it's true that unlike the king in love was about friendship, I would have love SH and JB has friend (I think the drama was so bad that anything can make it better) but even if the writer wanted to say that about the friendship, the true is san loved rin but yoona wasn't told and I believe that acting is also in act of restrain.

I was on the thread of the king in love and you take all episode exept the last and you can have as mutch proof that san loves rin than she loved the king.

The writer just wanted to have the triangle until the end.

Sorry for the off topic. My point is that for an actor to do the best job, he  or she must know what the character is supposed to feel. I am not sure that JSY was properly told.

Hi friends! My very first post here (I've been lurking forever) and it's this mess a drama that forces me out of the shadows.

@ErikaJ I couldn't agree more that the biggest problem was the writer dragging the love triangle on until literally Episode 16. We were sold a 'fated love' story and given a 'stockholm syndrome' love story instead. In the beginning, I was entertained enough and expecting that SB and SH would end up together even though the writer was being very heavy handed with the Wuthering Heights analogy. 

Where it really went off the rails for me was after the time jump. We went from SB being in love with SH to her treating him more coldly than she ever did JB who actively tried to harm/murder two people and stalked her! Once we hit episode 13/14 and it veered completely into majkang territory, I knew there was no hope. I honestly hoped all three of them would die. I had to rant about it on Tumblr.

If they would have just stuck to the love triangle and left out all the other ridiculous storylines, it might have made for an interesting character study. Unfortunately, they didn't give SB any personality besides her Mother Theresa complex so watching 16 episodes of her bad decision making would have been torture.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one disappointed in this drama and sad that the three leads didn't get a better script. All of them deserved better and I feel bad that they got stuck in such a mess of a show.

So guys, I watched the last 3 scenes with subtitles. And after the bookstore scene said - Epilogue - Sacrifice (the hospital scene) 

So, we can interpreted that he died.

Total a open ending, but not a better ending.

I am confused with this drama. I tend to read the review and comments before comitting my precious time to drama. I like both of the actors and kept hoping the drama to be good. But, from reading the reviews n comments, better stay away from this drama right? 

I dont mind sad or melodrama but must have a satisfied ending. If not, a lot of time will be wasted. 

Hopefully, will be seeing LSH n JKY in a better drama than this. TQ all n Goodnite! 

@an-naum Personally, I would recommend to stay away from this drama. The entire show is a mess, the romance isn't done well (it's not done at all, really) and the ending is a huge disappointment.

If you like Jang Ki Yong, go watch Come and Hug Me if you haven't seen that already. He's AMAZING and the show is one of my favorites. That show also has a serial killer theme but it's done right and the romance is fantastic.

From reading your guys comments I can figure out that the ending of the drama was not what we wanted. I am actually glad that I dropped this drama before I sank deeper into the characters. Even though I love the main leads, the storyline and some actions didn't convince me enough, and at times I wanted to pull my hair out. I'm curious though, does anyone have the link of what people wrote about the drama and the ending?

After watching the finale without Subtitles, Finale was not executed well, I guess they had less than a week to shoot? And whats with Editing, they should have showed Sabin trying make JB remember first then the old library shot. Anyways I'm relieved JB is alive and being a JB/SB shipper from the beginning I'm happy. But SH emotional journey in the show was hard to watch and LSH was very good in portraying KSH.

Things I loved in the show:

I personally loved all emotional scenes between JSY and JKY, they are always very good hits you in the feels. I think its JSY and JKY eyes. I cant appreciate enough of JKY eyes acting :P LOL. He is so subtle, especially in romantic and emotional scenes he just tops the scene with his eyes expression:P. Todays scenes where SB stops JB from taking the injection scene was so tense and I loved the pain, fear depiction from JSY, She truly was petrified seeing JB like that. I know many of you didnt like JSY's portrayal of SB , I'm guessing because you are viewing from KSH/SB point of view, because she is very good in scenes with JB. Her apology to JC on the terrace  was another tear-jerker. I was impressed  with today's hospital terrace scene with JB too. I guess both JKY-JSY were really crying it made me cry too. And I noticed JKY said in radio show He liked working with JSY because their's something which makes him concentrate more on....  I can see that, they both reciprocate through their eyes, that makes the scene better for me.

I think SB character is well written and narrated with JB. I saw some of you said they introduced JB and SB all of a sudden, but I disagree. They have been giving use JB/JC SB in small dosage every episode from the beginning. Every interaction she has with SH, she also had with JB, I can't be the only one who saw this connection between them, I'm have seen a lot of people on social media recognizing this pair and making fan arts and gifs, and people shipped them when there was no chance of them being together:P I think its ones personal point of view what they want to see. But I liked many people's comments and view here. Thanks for that.

Hope all the actors get good work in coming future.

Also why hasn't JKY and LSH updated any photos in their instagram? Have they left that job to JSY and her staff:P

Bare with me 'til I figure out how to highlight a name :confused: Raziela I would watch your version any day. :blush: Also to Fluffyloaf  I was obsessed with the OST. Almost looked to see if I could download it. Alas it just doesn't evoke the same deeply moving feelings anymore. I want to forget this drama ever existed. Nothing would change how great I think JKY is or my great appreciation for Lee Soo Hyuk. He is amazing.

Archived