Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

Bare with me 'til I figure out how to highlight a name :confused: Raziela I would watch your version any day. :blush: Also to Fluffyloaf  I was obsessed with the OST. Almost looked to see if I could download it. Alas it just doesn't evoke the same deeply moving feelings anymore. I want to forget this drama ever existed. Nothing would change how great I think JKY is or my great appreciation for Lee Soo Hyuk. He is amazing.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

To be honest, i quite satisfied with the story. I think it is about redemption, do not judge people from their cover and everyone is make a mistake even your love one.

I don't think GJC/JB near psychopath. They're raised in unhappy family and that's affect their personality. Even JB has an inability to recognize emotion.

Probably you guys need to watch mary and max, animation from 2009 telling story about a guy that have an asperger syndrom. You can tell after watch the movie, that he has similarity like JB.

People have their on way, some is smooth, have a two lane or even rocky. And that's happen to JB, yet he is still a human. Even when he stalked SB in the past, it is caused by his innability to handle with people and their emotion. 

In the end, he's still human. Like what SB said to him. So, why we bashed him and not seem him just as a human and repenting what he did in thr past to become a more good person at least for people around him and he deserve to be happy which is with SB.

In most drama or movie that the story tackle past live or heart transplantation, their family or colleuge always told them that their judgment is not clear becouse of that. And i assume that was happen to SB. Her past love to HB doubt her feeling toward JB. Her heart indeed race when she with SH and even confess that she love him. But during the 16 episode, her heart is more clear toward JB even if it is started with pity or brotherly love. Like what her uncles said "true love is when you see the guy in a pity way"

So, despite the bad writing, lets just see the character as themselves, not a psychopath or something. 

There were tons of misconception about this term. People just keep calling people that didn't do in a normal way as psycho. What is normal anyway.. it is just a term of standard. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

hello,from reading all ur comments, i'd like to share my understanding for the end ..as i think from the Epilogue, Sa bin was showing Jong Bum the things he used to give her , the necklace and the juice as if she was trying to make him remember as he lost memory as an aftereffect of the surgery... so when he went to the old book store he was reading the book "Wuthering Heights" but with the look of someone reading the story for the first time and as if he never lived all the past pain of Gong Ji Chul  ... and when sa bin saw him inside ( and she actually saw him and not an imaginagion as prosecutor saw him too) she called him wondering " Chun Jong Bum? " and he repeated her name jong sa bin as he remembers her as  jong sa bin ( not ha eun)
i think he finally let go  Gong Ji Chul  soul as he had his justice and now Jong Bum derserve peace and true love with sa bin and both finally fond there peace ... 

actually i'm quite satisfied with this ending as jong bum had his justice and deserve to be happy with his beloved ones sa bin and Tae Ha and sa bin uncles a real family and above all he don't have to live with all pain of Gong Ji Chul foe another lifetime.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted (edited)

Wow I richard simmons can't with this drama, what a huge disappointment.

So basically what the show did for the majority of the time was establish Haeun and Hyungbins love for each other, they had far more romantic scenes together (and mutual ones at that) and were just way better developed. I went into this drama for JSY and LSH fully accepting that he will probably be the second lead but they pushed their "eternal love" (lmao) so much I was convinced he would get the girl this time.

What richard simmons me off is that JC/JB is depicted as this misunderstood and innocent person while Soohyuk is made to look bad or at least that's what they tried to do I think? Well they failed anyways.

So Hyungbins only fault was accidentally causing the death of her parents, which really wasn't his fault and he shouldn't blame himself for that, he was literally just doing his job wtf. Can anyone explain why he "deserved" a death like that. And Soohyuks fault was altering evidence to get longer prison sentences for literal criminals after being traumatized by his fathers suicide and shooting JB in the head thinking he was about to hurt Sabin.

Jichul on the other hand stalked Sabin, killed the woman from the hairsalon, killed Hyungbin infront of Haeun, traumatized Sabins dad. Jongbum stalked Sabin, kissed her while she was unconscious (literal sexual harassment) and was already in a relationship, wanted to have Soohyuk killed, almost let his brother drown, watched as a man was murdered infront of his eyes and withheld information from the police and basically put Sabin constantly in danger. Sorry but you can't tell me he was better than SH or that they were equally bad. Why do they act like he suddenly is a saint. Jichul was still a murderer that deserved to be in prison.

I mean even still I wanted a happy ending for JB but not for him to be with Sabin. How come she literally forgives him for everything he did but not SH when he did things far worse. What's with that hypocrisy this literally made me sick. What happened to Haeun saying that no matter what killing is bad but suddenly she apalogizes to him like WHAT? He stabbed her fiance to death infront of her eyes she had all the right to hate and curse him. And Haeuns vow to always love Hyungbin was literally a joke. 

Like did they decide in the middle of the drama to change the endgame couple because this surely makes no sense. All I ever saw was Sabin feeling sorry towards JB, they gave me nothing reasonable to make me believe she would suddenly love him. It was a constant pity party for JB and I ended up hating his character even though I enjoyed him in the earlier episodes. Never before has a drama made me feel sick like this.

Edited by Haeun
  • Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

what the fudge is this shiitake drama? Born Again, please more like Died again and don't get reborn ever please.  

I can't believe this is the ending.  I want all the minutes I watched from the drama back in FULL. 

also, how ridiculous is to make JB the hero. He was not a hero to begin with.  He have sins and committed more serious crimes than SH.  All HB did was accidentally kill HE's parents trying to catch the bad guy. SH shot JB to protect SB and he's evil from all those actions. OH Please. 

even when SB have HE's memories back and chose JB - I think is more JB choosing JB instead of HE. I know my girl HE"s would never hurt HB.  How dare you JB, you are mean and heartless.

now I'm gonna delete all this drama forever from my life.  

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

Based on the Epilogue when she is crying over JB’s hospital bed, her comment to her friend and uncles that she finally feels at peace and Taeha‘s smile/wink when he tells SH about SB’s store opening, I thought JB died and donated his heart to her. The ending of JB  in the store is not reality but the constant reminder that JB is always with her and SH will be in the same position of GC was in the prior life—on the outside looking in on the two of them. But given the plot twists, who knows... 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

10 minutes ago, 4JennieN said:

now I'm gonna delete all this drama forever from my life.  

If it only was that easy, I can't even listen to the beautiful OST without feeling frustrated.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

12 minutes ago, Haeun said:

If it only was that easy, I can't even listen to the beautiful OST without feeling frustrated.

I'm dropping fast both the drama itself and the soundtrack.  I'm gonna complete erase it and not remembering ever.  I just jump in to watch a new Chinese series called You are my destiny and is good.  I'm gonna stick with it because is actually a legit drama to invest it. I guarantee it

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
Spoiler

Duplicate

Edited by Mary123
Duplicate

6 minutes ago, Mary123 said:

why she decides to take over the store so she can live with these memories.

I hate that thought considering the bookstore was usually a place for happy memories between HB and HE, I was disgusted when they had Soohyuk stand outside the store while the stalker and his prey where shown inside. Again what did HB do to deserve to be reborn into a life like this? 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, nitttss said:

i only watched 2 of his drama actaully. this one and the scholar who walks at night. didnt give much attention in scholar, but im mesmerized by him here! any nice drama of him? im thinking of local hero, is that any good?

6 hours ago, nitttss said:

@Plummpychan scholar is just so-so for me. and fyi he didnt get the girl as well there haha.  yes please, its time for LSH to get a lead role already!

@nitttss @Plummpychan i am honestly unsure what i can recommend you guys because LSH is always playing the guy who doesn’t gets the girl ....and tho yeah scholar was so so for me too, i think LSH did a v good job right there!! Right now i’ll just wait for his new film with Seo In Guk :)

6 hours ago, yusefull said:

Maybe for the writer, SB love JB and HE love HB. As long as SB didn't remember HE life, she was both character but then, after she recall everything,  she dissociate what HE felt for HB and what she felt for SH.

6 hours ago, PeVe said:

please, don't mix actors with characters, virtual with real world - they work hard and need our full esteem. To understand it better we can try to imagine ourselves in their, actors shoes...

@PeVe @yusefullyes please . I hope people do not hate on the actors just because of the character itself. I am sure no one would sign themselves up for this richard simmons knowing how ridiculous this was? I also understand although the first 10 episodes was written by JSM, they added 2 other screenwriters for the last 6 episodes (if you look at the opening credits). So probably they were tryna save the ratings by idk, trying to change the main romance pairing? I wonder if the production team even watch what they are filming ... even JKY’s confuse during the mid-way drama production on what type of character JB is. :joy:

7 hours ago, ErikaJ said:

I just wish that they had pushed JB-SB more in the beginning and hadn't made this love triangle straggle on for literally the entirety of the drama.

6 hours ago, thingskateknows said:

We went from SB being in love with SH to her treating him more coldly than she ever did JB who actively tried to harm/murder two people and stalked her!

@ErikaJ @thingskateknows ikr ! Actually before the start, just by looking at the casting and character descriptions alone, i was quite sure SB was gonna end up with JB? But i was totally sold by the eternal love plot at the first two episodes. Couple it with HE’s vows, voila im in. I continued watching, without much expectations because like everyone, i was confused who the leading man was. And then they spent the next 8 episodes, showing SB x SH and how SB tries to draw her r/s with JB (seemingly non-existent tho) and telling JB her feelings for SH won’t change. LOL biggest joke was to ever trust HE/SB’s stupid vows. 

and another thing was the double standards placed across between the male leads. Sure both men had did regrettable actions, but i still can’t comprehend why JB gets more leeway than SH? HB indirectly caused HE’s accident while on his job while SH plays around with evidences to get longer sentences for criminals vs JC (tho being tragic) killing salonlady + HB and JB instigating murder against brother + SH & withholding crucial court evidences against a serial killer? Its a joke how the FL can be so understanding to JB but not even share the same level of understanding to her supposed boyfriend.

despite the case, i still wished JKY to have a happy ending, but not with SB because this stupid character doesnt deserve any of them!!!   

5 hours ago, an-naum said:

I am confused with this drama. I tend to read the review and comments before comitting my precious time to drama. I like both of the actors and kept hoping the drama to be good. But, from reading the reviews n comments, better stay away from this drama right? 

I dont mind sad or melodrama but must have a satisfied ending. If not, a lot of time will be wasted. 

Hopefully, will be seeing LSH n JKY in a better drama than this. TQ all n Goodnite! 

@an-naum please just steer away from this toxic drama... save yourself . There are way better melodramas out there than this. In my limited by not so limited list of viewed drama, this has got to be one of the worst.

4 hours ago, Swatkats said:

They have been giving use JB/JC SB in small dosage every episode from the beginning. Every interaction she has with SH, she also had with JB, I can't be the only one who saw this connection between them, I'm have seen a lot of people on social media recognizing this pair and making fan arts and gifs, and people shipped them when there was no chance of them being together:P I think its ones personal point of view what they want to see.

@Swatkats yes definitely. Everyone saw the connection she had with JB and SH! In fact JB x SB had more date moments than SB x SH. But i guess many viewers feel cheated because of the eternal love vows HExHB had and also the built up in attraction between SBxSH (thanks to SH tsundere moments). I personally was rather certain SBxSH was gonna be the end game and SBxJC will just be redemption path, but well guess this drama really opened a new horizon to me !!

5 hours ago, jeilopes said:

So guys, I watched the last 3 scenes with subtitles. And after the bookstore scene said - Epilogue - Sacrifice (the hospital scene) 

So, we can interpreted that he died.

Total a open ending, but not a better ending.

@jeilopes basically there are alot of discussions for the ending?

1. JB survived the surgery, but suffers amnesia . He finally recalls his JB memories at the bookstore and voila happy ending in the bookstore

2. JB died , hence uncle, friends + STH weird teasing and interaction? SB will continue to live on (not sure if its with JB heart tho) remembering JB while SH can only watch her from a distance. 

i am still leaning more towards the latter but i think its really up to one’s own intepretation. But i really felt disgusted that they made use of the bookstore and had SH to be so tragic at the end. Sigh.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

Usually after an episode I like to come and discuss and share my thoughts...but I just don't care anymore. I want to forget I ever watched this drama.  I'm sorry for the actors that they had to try to make sense of this rubbish.  The writing was a mess, questions were never answered, themes and ideas brought up and then discarded, loose ends were just ignored, characters and plot lines were pointless and character actions didn't make sense, the literary references were irrelevant, love triangle dragged out and unsatisfactory,  questionable morality, the ending episodes were totally anti-climatic and nonsensical.  I have no idea what this drama was trying to say or if it was trying to say anything at all!

I'm sorry to all the actors because they deserved a better drama.  I'm sorry to see how the HB/HE relationship was thrown aside and dumped in rubbish.  I'm sorry to Hyung Bin/Soo Hyuk whose character was treated so shabbily in the second half of this drama.  I'm sorry to LSH who turned in a fantastic performance and deserved so much better.  I'm sorry for JSY trying to make sense of the bizarre, confusing writing for Sa Bin.  I'm sorry to everyone involved in the making of this hot mess of a drama.  I'm sorry to all of us who had high hopes for the drama not too long ago and wasted our time analysing and trying to make sense of the story. Now I'm sorry to all of us viewers for wasting our time on this nonsense for the past two months. The K-audience were the smart ones for avoiding this drama. The ratings for this drama were terrible and it was deserved.

As a JSY fan I want to forget this drama.  I only started watching this for her and, frankly, I wish I hadn't. I'm so sad this is her last drama before she goes back to university (I think I will pretend her previous drama Queen: Love and War was her last drama instead:P) Feeling like one of these right now:Clown Face Emoji, Apple style

4 hours ago, GingerK said:

Bare with me 'til I figure out how to highlight a name :confused: Raziela I would watch your version any day. :blush: Also to Fluffyloaf  I was obsessed with the OST. Almost looked to see if I could download it. Alas it just doesn't evoke the same deeply moving feelings anymore. I want to forget this drama ever existed. Nothing would change how great I think JKY is or my great appreciation for Lee Soo Hyuk. He is amazing.

Awwwww! Thanks so much!:relaxed:  I have seen lots of other suggested plots from others on this thread which sound really good.  I think any of us could have written something better than whatever this drama turned out to be.  I loved the OST but I don't think I can listen to it again as it will remind me of this drama and I want to forget about this drama:dissapointed:

The only good thing I can say about this drama is I have really enjoyed following, reading and discussing this disappointment of a drama with all of you on this thread:heart:

• Like 7

3 hours ago, GingerK said:

. Alas it just doesn't evoke the same deeply moving feelings anymore

2 hours ago, Haeun said:
2 hours ago, 4JennieN said:

@GingerK @4JennieN yeah man, i cant listen to the OSTs the same way again... but no doubt they had a very good OST lineup. Just a pity the drama didnt live up to the standards of the OSTs...

3 hours ago, sweetnona said:

i think he finally let go  Gong Ji Chul  soul as he had his justice and now Jong Bum derserve peace and true love with sa bin and both finally fond there peace ..

2 hours ago, Mary123 said:

Based on the Epilogue when she is crying over JB’s hospital bed, her comment to her friend and uncles that she finally feels at peace and Taeha‘s smile/wink when he tells SH about SB’s store opening, I thought JB died and donated his heart to her. The ending of JB  in the store is not reality but the constant reminder that JB is always with her and SH will be in the same position of GC was in the prior life—on the outside looking in on the two of them. But given the plot twists, who knows... 

@sweetnona @Mary123 i think its up to one’s intepretation. I think its kinda like a joke for KBS to title the video: “Happy Ending? JKY and JSY meets again (feat. LSH watching over from a far) well it can be seen as a happy ending for SB x JB regardless whether JB is alive but no way for SH? I mean i would rather he just not be there at that scene. He didnt deserve this.

1 hour ago, Haeun said:

I hate that thought considering the bookstore was usually a place for happy memories between HB and HE, I was disgusted when they had Soohyuk stand outside the store while the stalker and his prey where shown inside. Again what did HB do to deserve to be reborn into a life like this? 

@Haeun i like that your name is Haeun haha , i wonder what you would think if you are HE in the drama . HAHAHAHA but exactly this. Why does it have to be the bookshop? Was what HB/SH did that comparable to JC/JB? I mean i really dont want to compare the extent of their sins and stuff but i really feel the drama is being overprotective over JB? And making him the hero with characters revolving around to satisfy or fulfill him? SH lost everything and probably even HE and that bookstore which he at least hold fond memories of. Sighs i just feel indignant for SH ...

2 hours ago, 4JennieN said:

also, how ridiculous is to make JB the hero. He was not a hero to begin with.  He have sins and committed more serious crimes than SH.  All HB did was accidentally kill HE's parents trying to catch the bad guy. SH shot JB to protect SB and he's evil from all those actions. OH Please. 

@4JennieN precisely this. I have lost count of the number of times i questioned what HB/SH did to deserve such treatment. Sigh 

• Like 6

Are there no "after party" pics? Did they have one at all or people does not care anymore since really the last episode was a bummer :anguished:

I don’t think They had one. Dramas are not doing the after party because Covid.

2 minutes ago, Jalhanda said:

Are there no "after party" pics? Did they have one at all or people does not care anymore since really the last episode was a bummer :anguished:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, whiteclover said:

@Haeun i like that your name is Haeun haha , i wonder what you would think if you are HE in the drama . HAHAHAHA but exactly this. Why does it have to be the bookshop? Was what HB/SH did that comparable to JC/JB? I mean i really dont want to compare the extent of their sins and stuff but i really feel the drama is being overprotective over JB? And making him the hero with characters revolving around to satisfy or fulfill him? SH lost everything and probably even HE and that bookstore which he at least hold fond memories of. Sighs i just feel indignant for SH ...

If I was Haeun I'd take Hyungbin and never let him go, I love how most people still loved Haeun while hating Sabin but sadly Sabins stupidity won over Haeuns common sense.

The drama was extremely biased towards JB towards the end literally every character was there to serve him, the uncles were there to root for him, Soohyuk was there to clear his name and Sabin was there to love him. The double standarts made me sick in my stomach, let's just easily forgive JB for everything he did because he is so pitiful. And JC oh dear lord, why were they acting like he was a saint all of a sudden he murdered two people, he deserved punishment and the only reason he was there to help Haeun was due to him stalking her all the time lmao they are literally justifying his stalking I can't. Disgurstang richard simmons.

Hyungbin didn't deserve to feel guilty about the death of Haeuns parents, he didn't deserve to be stabbed to death infront of his fiance being worried about her in his last moments, he didn't deserve his body being mutilated and dumped somewhere and he didn't deserve to be reborn for such a miserable fate. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

45 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

I also understand although the first 10 episodes was written by JSM, they added 2 other screenwriters for the last 6 episodes (if you look at the opening credits). So probably they were tryna save the ratings by idk, trying to change the main romance pairing?

If this is true then this would explain a lot and maybe it's not the writer we should blame. Didn't everything go to hell after episode 10? 

It just doesn't make sense that they intended for SB and JB to be together from the start, however you look at it SH and SB looked like a sure deal. You don't waste so much time to establish the love between the two and add so much detail to their relationship to just throw it out of the window.

Someone mentioned how JB and SB had more date like scenes however how many of those were actually mutual? I still don't believe she actually loves him that's how poorly their relationship was developed. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

28 minutes ago, Haeun said:

If I was Haeun I'd take Hyungbin and never let him go, I love how most people still loved Haeun while hating Sabin but sadly Sabins stupidity won over Haeuns common sense.

The drama was extremely biased towards JB towards the end literally every character was there to serve him, the uncles were there to root for him, Soohyuk was there to clear his name and Sabin was there to love him. The double standarts made me sick in my stomach, let's just easily forgive JB for everything he did because he is so pitiful. And JC oh dear lord, why were they acting like he was a saint all of a sudden he murdered two people, he deserved punishment and the only reason he was there to help Haeun was due to him stalking her all the time lmao they are literally justifying his stalking I can't. Disgurstang richard simmons.

Hyungbin didn't deserve to feel guilty about the death of Haeuns parents, he didn't deserve to be stabbed to death infront of his fiance being worried about her in his last moments, he didn't deserve his body being mutilated and dumped slmewhere and he didn't deserve to be reborn to for such a miserable fate. 

:bawling::bawling::bawling:  This!  It isn't even just about ships for me - it was just so badly and lazily written.  This drama treated Hyung Bin/Soo Hyuk so badly after the timeskip and just totally whitewashed anythng JB/JC did and turned the JC/JB into a some sort of super hero and saint.  I totally agree that suddenly all the characters seem to just exist to serve JB.  SB can forgive JB anything from stalking, killing her fiancee, murder but can't forgive HB's accident which was an unfortunate consequence of his job. I can't even go back and enjoy the HB/HE scenes because they feel tainted now. I feel soooo bad for Hyung Bin:bawling::bawling::bawling:

Ugh! I need to forget this drama:confounded:

• Sad 7