[Drama 2020] Lies of Lies/ Lie After Lie, 거짓말의 거짓말

larus

I rarely watch any dramas that star Lee Yoo Ri as they all tend to lean toward the heavier end. I was hesitant in watching this for the same reason but I enjoyed the first ep.  Hoping it won't disappoint. 

The actor who plays her abusive husband was equally a jerk in his previous drama. I am curious to see the kind of chemistry Yoo Ri will have with Jung Hoon.  

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I rarely watch any dramas that star Lee Yoo Ri as they all tend to lean toward the heavier end. I was hesitant in watching this for the same reason but I enjoyed the first ep.  Hoping it won't disappoint. 

The actor who plays her abusive husband was equally a jerk in his previous drama. I am curious to see the kind of chemistry Yoo Ri will have with Jung Hoon.  

I like her characters, strong and focused. Except at the end, the kumbaya  effects might roll in, in her Nayeong role for example. Although annoying, it is at the end.

1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

I’ll still be using them off an on until April. I checked, and the subscription is until then. But what a waste of money!

I just took a peek at the percentages of subbing for weekend dramas for the site you mentioned. Lie to Lies ep1 and 2, zero %.  Alice ep4, 1%, Once again ep 93 100% ep 94 zero%, Missing 80%. I don't know about Viu and such sites but over here, I think they are on us labor day holiday. I wish the site volunteer subbers well. Cheer, cheer. Subbed eps are coming. There is a reason why the threads are moving slowly. We can go to Netflix and get caught up in watching Forest Seasons 2. The Unlucky Ploy is good too.

So Woo Joo picked her dad LoL. Good choice ha-ha! She must have been terrified that a random ahjumma hugged and kiss her hand..  only that's her real mom.

I can already sense the heaviness ha-ha.. 

Yoo Ri need to deal with her daughter's foster family, not to mention Ji Min himself and then there's evil MIL aish. Did Ji Min's wife have an affair? Will she try to get back with Ji Min? 

Now I am getting a little bit of the picture. Second episode, Woo Joo's father came back from work ( unexpectedly?) and found his wife at it with another man. WJ was rushed to hospital because of smoke inhalation, fire in the kitchen. I can't figure out yet, why the adulterous couple was not affected. So now we find out why he is a single dad. She is coming back to Korea after living in the US. So another character is coming in. 
I don't like WJ's grandma's family- really overacting. Maybe they are the comic relief, still not cute.

Lee Yoo Ri got bumped over the head a few times in her encounters with the Chairwoman. I hope she gets her revenge later. 
The chairwoman actually 'bribed' her  ex-secretary to kill Yoo Ri's child :crazy:, her own GF??

The first contact is made, we should  see how Lee's character starts the fake love.

wow, ep 2 really stepped up a notch and is now interesting! @maribella ~ couldn't believe that chairwoman actually ordered the killing of her own grandchild and also had her driver/bodyguard make sure it was done! that is seriously one demon right there!

@Jillia ~ won't be surprised if it turns out that the chairwoman was the one who ordered the killing of her own son and then turned it around to blame it on eun soo. this is a woman who was willing to snuff out the life of a baby who was also her own blood! for what? to basically ensure eun soo is forever in pain. this is one villain that feels really disturbing to me. it seems like sort of ironic cruel joke that she opened up a charity to help single mothers specifically -- like ji min, part of me scoffed. it also seems like there is some corruption and possible money laundering through art happening...

eun soo is going to realize woo jin and ji min have a tight bond and so the way in is to romantically court him and get in that family. given how his wife cheated on him, he is probably going to be lot more sensitive to any lies and will find it difficult to process eun soo's behaviour. it looks like we are in quite a ride -- looking forward to it! should be fun.

“Lie After Lie” Ratings Double For 2nd Episode; “Alice” And “Missing: The Other Side” Both Hit New All-Time Highs

b6880fd9358d42ffb76a56771ecaa25d.jpeg?s=

Sep 6, 2020
by E. Cha

Channel A’s new drama “Lie After Lie” is on the rise!

On September 5, viewership ratings for the new suspense-romance drama starring Lee Yoo Ri and Yeon Jung Hoon more than doubled for its second episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the second episode of “Lie After Lie” scored an average nationwide rating of 2.6 percent, marking a significant jump from its premiere the night before.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1423908wpp/lie-after-lie-ratings-double-for-2nd-episode-alice-and-missing-the-other-side-both-hit-new-all-time-highs

I watched the first two episodes. My favorite character is the reporter, Kang Ji-Min (Yeon Jeong Hun). I like his scenes with his daughter and his personality.  I knew from the beginning that this is not the drama that usual draws me and I was right. I admit that I have stuggled to finish the first two episodes. I am not a fan of plots that makes one the epitome of misery and the other the evilness. At this point I am just curious who killed the husband. They were in the house so it was someone who got access to their home. I will give it a try to the next episodes. I hope it will catche my attention more.

7 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

couldn't believe that chairwoman actually ordered the killing of her own grandchild and also had her driver/bodyguard make sure it was done! that is seriously one demon right there!

This reminds me of Secret Boutique plot. The Chairwoman there ordered the killing of two children to secure her access to the family. I liked Secret Boutique from the first episode, this one.... We`ll see.

yeah the chairwoman really could have killed her son. 

it was funny how she talked about domestic violence in her charity event and her  own son was as a** who assaulted his own wife.  

Why did semi go when her child was sick?  the meet her lover? 

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

for what? to basically ensure eun soo is forever in pain. this is one villain that feels really disturbing to me. it seems like sort of ironic cruel joke that she opened up a charity to help single mothers specifically -- like ji min, part of me scoffed. it also seems like there is some corruption and possible money laundering through art happening...

I didn't watch the first episode. There was a flashback of her in hospital clothes trying to strangle Lee Yoo Ri - ES. So it seemed a rather elaborate scheme for her to kill her own son and plant it on ES. If she were complicit in his death, it could be being overbearing.
she seemed comfortable  enough being the benefactor of single mothers but wanted her grand daughter dead and put her ex DIL into prison. 
When ES tried to kill the chairwoman/commit suicide at the graveyard, she did say that she was framed for killing her husband.  

I am going with suicide. The Chairwoman drove him to it and she refused to accept that.

2 hours ago, memory magnet said:

The first two episodes hooked me already. Just the right amount of makjang. Lee Yoori is such an excellent actress, too. I'm looking forward to seeing how the pacing of the story will go—how early on will she become the "stepmother"?

am thinking it will happen pretty quickly based on the synopsis. eun soo is going to figure out that she needs to get close and so will seduce ji min to be able to get close to woo jin...

1 hour ago, joccu said:

Why did semi go when her child was sick?  the meet her lover? 

that's what it seemed like; think se mi was not really for adoption like @Jillia suggested and so never really took to woo jin the same way ji min did.

liked the end scene, we see ji min pause at the orphanage as he looks down and sees a child holding his hand. so perhaps it was as simple as that -- in a tv talk show, this lady was talking about her own adoption and she said it basically happened that way. her parents were there to adopt a boy but she (as a toddler) grabbed her father's hand and he basically lost his heart and said this was the child. so sometimes it can be just as dramatic in real life. :)

am normally not a fan of OTP swirl by a traffic signal routine but in this case, it seemed strangely appropriate and fit the mood of this drama. it is not going to be a regular relationship but rather something disruptive and sudden. and a bit of fate!

Just watched both the episodes and I'm up for it. 

Can you fall in love with something you already loved? Yes, with Lee Yu Ri's acting. She never fails to impress me, and wow, her acting is something I can talk all day. The scene when she shoots the photo with her daughter, trying to smile while trying not to cry and still doing both. Amazing. 

Apart from that, plot is really good so far. First episode was all about nothing working out for Eun Soo. Her evil Mother in law's evilness don't look to be having any bounds. She is a rather hypocrite person too, organizing events to support single moms. 

On the other hand the reporter seems to be a nice guy. His divorce with his wife seems to have based on some misunderstanding, on Woo Joo I guess. Her coming back was something I guess everyone had guessed, I mean how can the Love triangle be complete then, right? I do think their divorce was simply because of one event which led to Eun Soo getting hospitalized. At the same time we see Eun Soo missing her, so looks like she was a fine mother to her.

@Jillia, @joccu As for Eun Soo having enough money, I think she must have inherited stuff from her father, right? Plus she looked to be a competent employee in her husband's company, she must have had some savings of her own. Plus working in prison too pays I guess, not much, but still they pay. 

As for the murderer, many have commented that the mother-in law could and I do agree with them for now. She could have ordered someone to do it for her.

Looking forward to the next episode.   

Archived