[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

hi everyone,  like most chingus here, i am also uncomfortable with the ending scene where Jeong Ha invited Hae Hyo in her house.   is it possible that the scene is just "a figment of Hae Hyo's imagination"?   

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Foreign media are also paying keen attention to the actors who are writing brilliant youth records. In particular, Time magazine and Forbes in the U.S. expressed interest in the "Record of Youth" chosen by Park So-dam, the heroine of the movie "Parasite," drawing attention through interviews. On "Record of Youth," Park said, "From the moment I turned over the first page of the script, I fell in love with it and read it at once. I've always been a big fan of Ahn Gil-ho and Ha Myung-hee's works, and it was an honor to work with them through this work," she said, explaining that it was a meaningful work for her. "We can sometimes feel sad, sometimes have fun, and get empathy and healing by watching each other grow together during our youth," she said.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Thank you all for the insights/opinions/recommendations. I think all of us here can be "relationship counselors.  

If ROY couple will only be able to read all our posts they will learn so many details about life, love and relationships.

Actually when it comes to relationship, HJ is the experienced one since he had long-term relationship with JiAh. I think it's five years or more. And as per his GJ hyung said also that he even had relationship when he was in his middle school. 

When it comes to JH she said the word 'love' means sadness for her because of what she experienced with her parents' love.  They both love JH in their own unique ways but that different wsay of love made her sad.

Added to this,  if you can still remember in ep 9 or 10 that JH described herself as a nine-year-old kid when it comes to love. She has dated before but she has never been in a committed one. 

The way I see it,  I'm really COMMENDING JH for learning fast and getting mature in the process of their relationship. We all know that JH is a straightforward person but polite. She isn't the type that will just stand in the sideline and will wait for someone to be her knight in shining armor. She is Jeongha - stability is the meaning of her name.

At her young age she had already a house of her own. She hates unpredictable people or situations.

However,  when it comes to HJ she is willing to just stand and wait in the sideline for HJ to have a peaceful heart. There are so many thoughts in her mind but she is unwilling to divulge it to HJ because she thinks it will make HJ to think or to be unpeaceful. She is adjusting so much to HJ when it comes to the bf's career.

But, I'm not saying she isn't frank to HJ. She is in many times and ways but if HJ doesn't disclose the issue to her yet,  she'll not delve into it more. 

JH has grown so much. I'm proud of her. She has learned so much from all the situation she has been through with HJ. But I'm not saying HJ is immature or has taken JH for granted. Please don't twist my words. HJ is also a good influencer to JH and a learner in their relationship. We can see that whenever they are chatting. 

At this time that we see "the rain of tribulation" in them, they are just in the situation that their love and faith with each other are being tested. If they accomplish this onstacle positively,  their level of maturity will soar up. 

The drama is showing us of how youth get to be mature in terms of careers and relationship. Anyway this is Record of Youth. The couple, in some point of their life, will make decision about love and loyalty. Be it a success or a failure,  it will help them to be wiser in the future decisions. 

But I will hope that the ROY couple will be more loyal to each other and contrariwise especially with JH's case. 

I hope this perspective will change in the last 4 episodes. 

Screenshot-20201017-112245.jpg

Btw, may I also remind everyone that Haehyo is from the golden spoon background. Her Mom won't allow JH to be one of them knowing her family background. 

My conclusion : being with HH isn't also a flower road option as we all know the reason. 

:coolshades:

• Love 1
  • Insightful 5

I didnt understand why by inviting HH in her apartment, it would a big deal? HH came all the way to help her in the middle of no where, in the middle of the night, picked her up during the rain and drove home with her. Is it not manners to invite someone who helped you, to at least drink coffee?

Yes, a lot of speculations of what HH is going to do, he hasnt confessed and JH should level headed enough to know that she is still HJ's girlfriend.

Is it wrong to have a bit of comfort, as in someone to talk to and not getting physical, when youre upset? Why do things have to be seen as if they are gonna do something sinful to HJ?  Cant friends just sit and talk?

No doubt JH is upset with the situation, but what can she do... she has to be supportive of her boyfriend's ambition and it takes courage and a lot of patience and understanding for an absent boyfriend.

When were are young, we wanted to do everything with our significant other everyday if possible; imagine that youre dating a *star* and not being able to go out to date, dont you feel tired of the whole situation? 

So, perhaps just give HH a break and lets keep our faith in JH? :phew:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

I didnt understand why by inviting HH in her apartment, it would a big deal? HH came all the way to help her in the middle of no where, in the middle of the night, picked her up during the rain and drove home with her. Is it not manners to invite someone who helped you, to at least drink coffee?

Yes, a lot of speculations of what HH is going to do, he hasnt confessed and JH should level headed enough to know that she is still HJ's girlfriend.

Is it wrong to have a bit of comfort, as in someone to talk to and not getting physical, when youre upset? Why do things have to be seen as if they are gonna do something sinful to HJ?  Cant friends just sit and talk?

I agree. I don't think there is wrong with that. Imho, it is a bad manner instead if jh didn't even invite hh in her house after picking her up from that far place and helping her to arrive safely home. 

HH is HJ's friend. It is better for HJ's friend to take care of her than she can be put in danger outside. I think HJ will agree about that also and he'll be thankful to HH. 

ALTHOUGH, we all know HH has this hidden affection towards JH. :Furious:

Must be the reason why others are feeling crazy about this. For me it is not wrong as long as the boundary is drawn. :isannoyed:

We need to see the following episodes so we can know what will really happen. 

2 hours ago, BogumNoona said:

Btw, may I also remind everyone that Haehyo is from the golden spoon background. Her Mom won't allow JH to be one of them knowing her family background. 

My conclusion : being with HH isn't also a flower road option as we all know the reason. 

My thoughts exactly. HH's eomma is so fierce and candid for her own good. She has so many ways to annoy JH. It will not be a flower path but a hellish path instead. :confounded:

On 10/15/2020 at 4:40 PM, LRM11219311 said:

He never went to help her in the process of fixing the make up studio and HH was the one who helped her. Maybe, that’s why she and HH got alot closer. :dissapointed: plus, the video call scene with Lee sung kyung i really felt bad for her at that moment. SHJ should’ve introduced her gf and that’s the make up artist he recommended to LSK that time becoz she knew his relationship to JH. 

I understand your POV but there are two points I would like to give an explanation, please:

1. Helping with the studio - HJ helped her to choose the perfect name for the salon. He helped her how to put her things to make a better and wider space. JH even complimented him for being good in that area. He bought also a refrigerator for JH.

So what is there for that HJ didn't do for JH? :huh: Ahh,  the moving of things but it can be done by moving company. 

2. I don't think introducing at that time a client  (SeoU) to the studio owner (JeongHa) and vice versa is appropriate.  For me it needs a formal time since it is business. They are shooting and everyone is only taking a break. It is just their co-actress called them. It's is an unexpected video call.

I think for a business related thing a formal introduction is better. 

Don't get upset with my observation. I'm just stating mine. :wub:

• Like 7
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

IMPRESSIVE!!!

:cutekitty:

IMG-20201017-155147.jpg

Spoiler

[News24 reporter] The'youth record' is generating hot reactions not only in Korea but also overseas.

tvN's Monday-Tuesday drama'Youth Record' is drawing attention by sweeping major topical charts at home and abroad.

Sa Hye-jun (Park Bo-gum), a youthful youth who has overcome the cold reality and achieved a dream, has a heart-throbbing impression beyond the excitement.

The youth who were moving straight toward their dreams are now at the forefront of choice and change. The ongoing crisis began to shake the youth.

The red light was lit by the romance between Sa Hye-jun and Ahn Jung-ha (Park So-dam), who seemed to be strong, and Won Hae-hyo (Byeon Woo-seok) is experiencing severe growth pain.

Youth meet an unpredictable tomorrow amid numerous variables. They are raising their curiosity as to whether they will be able to overcome the crisis by keeping their beliefs as they have been until now, and whether they can preserve their dreams, love, and friendship in the process.

The audience rating and topic chart 'All Kill' solo continued. The rating of the 12th episode soared to a maximum of 10.6% (based on the paid platform metropolitan area / provided by Nielsen Korea) on the paid platform that integrated cable, IPTV, and satellite, ranking first in all channels including terrestrial.

In addition, the TVN channel's target audience rating of 20-49 was broadcasted up to 12 times, followed by taking the first place in the same time zone on all channels including terrestrial.

In the topicality index for the second week of October released by Good Data Corporation, a TV topic analysis agency, Park Bo-gum ranked first in the overall drama category, including terrestrial, longitudinal, and cable, for the sixth consecutive week.

Showed off his dignity. The Contents Influence Index (CPI Powered by RACOI) was also ranked #1 in the 2nd week of October, sweeping the rankings.

The overseas reaction is also explosive. As it is streamed to more than 190 countries in the world including Asia and English-speaking regions through Netflix, the'Youth Record' is not only in Southeast and Northeast Asian countries such as Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, and Japan, but also in South American continents such as Brazil, Bolivia, Peru, and Chile. It is loved by Nigeria and Australia in the African continent.

According to'FlixPatrol', which provides a video content ranking chart, it reached No. 1 in the Netflix domestic ranking in the first week of broadcasting, and entered the world ranking TOP 10 in two weeks. In particular, on the 7th, it was the only Korean drama to rank fourth in the global Netflix TV drama rankings.

In addition, it was ranked at the top in major Asian countries such as Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam, which made me realize its popularity.

Foreign media are also interested in the actors who are writing down the dazzling youth records of youth. In particular, Time magazine and Forbes in the United States showed interest in the'youth record' chosen by Park So-dam, the heroine of the movie'Parasite', and focused on the topic through interviews.

Park So-dam said about'Youth Records': "It was a work that I read at once because I fell in love with the first chapter of the script. I was a big fan of the work of director Ahn Gil-ho and writer Ha Myung-hee, and it was an honor to be able to work together through this work." She explained that it is a work that is meaningful to her.

She said, "You can get sympathy and healing by watching different youths grow up together and each other, sometimes sad, sometimes having fun."

In the Philippines, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Japan, articles on'youth records' are pouring out day after day.

Overseas viewers said, "It's different from the K-dramas I've seen so far", "I'll support the challenge of youth", "The novel description of life and love is impressive", "I've never seen such a perfect romance drama", "The first episode. I was strongly attracted to seeing and soaked in."

"Youth Record" Chief Producer Kim Sun-tae said, "I am grateful that I can receive a lot of love despite the differences in emotional consensus in Korea and abroad. The power of the script, which expresses the family story of universal emotion in a realistic and deep sense, and to overseas viewers. I think it is thanks to the influence of the leading actors who are loved a lot."

On the other hand, tvN's Monday and Tuesday drama'Youth Records' is broadcast every Monday and Tuesday at 9 pm

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/404/0000273325

Contains the same content. 

Screenshot-20201017-160728.jpg

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003354958

IMG-20201017-160137.jpg

Spoiler

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000341902

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone, I've read your reading of the final scene of 12th episode...
I do not deny that I did not like what apparently anticipates.
Now, I am open minded, I have male friends, whit which I went out even when I was as a girlfriend.
But every situation is different, the reality in which Jeong-Ha lives is not mine. I wonder how a girl of her age could be so naïve, hhow she didn’t understand that behind Hae-Hyo's attentions there are feelings that a loyal friend shouldn't have towards his best friend's girlfriend...
She seems to live in a world of her own: she accuses Hye-Jun of not telling her immediately about the interview with her ex, but in turn she never reveals what she really thinks and feels to her boyfriend. And let's not talk about the ambiguous relationship with Hae-Hyo, of which she looks not have awareness.
We now come to the scene we are talking about.

Hae-Hyo went to get her (or she called him), it's raining, it's night. Can you explain to me why she should invite him in? Because she lives alone, it is dangerous and compromising to have a man in the house at night, because she already knows that people's chatter has already hurt her boyfriend a lot and then... as someone noted... if the scandalistic photographer was still lurking in front of the house her?

I am disconcerted by her action but even more by Hae-Hyo's disloyal and ambiguous behavior, who has no scruples to seek his chance. In that scene he really looks like a predator.

I fear that in all this it will always be Hye-Jun who will suffer, to whom I honestly do not attribute great responsibility in the distance that has been created in their relationship. Basically he cannot behave differently from how he is behaving. In every way he tried to reassure her about his feelings. Maybe contrary to what Jeong-Ha's voice says, it is love that is not solid if faith falters.

My hope at this point is like yours, that the director shuffles the cards, that she decisively rejects Hae-Hyo and clearly mark the boundaries. I add, that afterwards she tells Hye-Jun everything, also confiding to him her feelings.  

Again, I cheer on this couple and wish to see many more passionate scenes between them.

Monday's episode will also be special for another reason, because with Hyeri's cameo one of my favorite couples of all time will reunite on the screen. I can't wait.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

glad to read so many different opinions and ideas in this thread...im always excited to visit this forum and read all your interesting thoughts about this wonderful series :) lets enjoy this together, chingus!

after watching both episodes i'd like to share what actually caught my attention:

- HJ's approach towards work. While HJ was parking his car and was told not to be workaholic he just said that he wanted to work and make up for the lost time. Then,  I remembered MJ's words about working in your early 20s will give you the luxury to have a comfortable life in the future. This is so true and I hope that young people watching this show will learn how to value time, work and money.

- I like how both HJ's parents dont ask about his pay. This truly shows that this is the new generation of parents. Older generations would always ask for this information and would often require their kids to give them allowance.

- I didn't like HH's mom statement about him getting everything without him working hard for it. This isnt the kind of support that he needs from a mom. She was the only one who wanted to do those dirty tricks now she made it look like he owes her everything without having knowledge about what she had done. Not to mention how he instructed HH to answer HN's phone. Cant she respect her kids' privacy. Why do I feel like HH's mom is trying to make her kids' life miserable just like how she had it when she was still living with her parents :(

- The reaction of HJ's dad upon learning the amount of money that he transferred to his mom to pay their debts. He didnt even show the slightest disappointment about his oldest who wanted to enjoy his freedom after landing a job with a good pay. The culture in Korea may be different but didnt like how the dad never asked the GJ to help them pay their debts. Good thing the mom raised that point during the family meeting.

- The battle between the two moms are so fun to watch. One is will to do just anything without considering its consequences while the other one is just as supportive but with an open mind.

- I love MJ's and HJ's talk in the company van. One is realistic and the other is an idealist. I hope that they'll be able to survive all these tests even with different views. These two need to have another "Paris talk over beer" to understand each other more. 

- I like how JinU is trying to stay calm after they got discovered. But i can sense that he meant it when he said that he love HN.

- While JiA's reappearance was just as bad as how HJ phrased it in ep 10, "Its not good to ever need a lawyer" 

- I like JH's sincerity towards her clients. You can feel that she truly cares about them and just about their make-up. Just like how HJ loves his job and the people he works with. 

my thoughts about our OTP:

- i like how JH isnt demanding too much from HJ and how she is trying her best to understand HJ's situation. She knows that her support is what he needs the most right now.

- I just realized how hard it is for two very independent individuals to be a couple. I'm just happy that JH is adjusting well. While i think we have to understand that HJ has his pride too and wouldnt want his love ones to be burdened by his problems.

I trust that this two are strong enough and will stay together til the very end. Let's not be bothered by HH's one-sided love for JH.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

i am glad that we saw a rare "happy moment" in Episode 12 between Haraboji and Appa. i hope the relationship between them will get better especially now that Haraboji is really doing his best to prove to Appa that somehow,  he is not what he believed him to be.  :glee:

Haraboji-and-Appa-1.png

Haraboji-and-Appa-2.png

Haraboji-and-Appa-3.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Boj said:

Hae-Hyo went to get her (or she called him), it's raining, it's night. Can you explain to me why she should invite him in? Because she lives alone, it is dangerous and compromising to have a man in the house at night, because she already knows that people's chatter has already hurt her boyfriend a lot and then... as someone noted... if the scandalistic photographer was still lurking in front of the house her?

Like many have already posted,  I too don't find anything wrong in JH inviting HH inside her house.. yes its late at night but she views HH just as a friend n nothing more.. it's HH who has all these feelings fr her.. since its late night ppl r speculating on the reason.. maybe HH complains to her thst you never invite me in...

One observation is.. what would JH have done if she didn't have a bf or HJ/HH.. being in makeup field she woukd have expected late  night shifts. N being independent she would have booked a taxi or planned something ahead had she been single!!

N I don't think HJ would have problem with HH dropping JH late night..but HJ is observing that HH keeps visiting JH n he pbly is suspecting HH a bit... like his ex warned HH, I think JH is going to confront HH very soon on this n they may have a fallout.. like HH'S voiceover says " I chose friendship at that time.." implies that they aren't friends anymore...

I think JH n HJ wud pbly take a time off.. hopefully not a breakup but just time apart to reevaluate n get back together strongly..

Eagerly waiting fr tomorrow's episode!!

• Like 4