[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

My take on the preview for next week’s episode is that they will not break up. (I hope I’m correct about my intuition.) but i think haehyo will confess his feelings for jeongha in her house. (but of course, i’m not sure about it.) I hope... i hope she will friendzone him and say that she’s very very much in love with hyejun. I also think that the reason why jeongha answer haehyo’s call first because haehyo confined to her about discovering his mother’s nosy job on his career and social media. I hope... i hope that HH and JH didn’t do anything stupid that rainy night. Waaahh. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Video Preview for Ep 13 of ROY...

Hae-Hyo speaking : She (Jung-Ha) is going to have an interview with Hae-Ji regarding a make-up job for today...

Hye-Joon texts Jung-Ha : Are you sleeping?

Min-Jae is lamenting : Now! Are we gonna have scandals around the clock?

Min-Jae continues saying : What exactly do you people want to find out?

Lee Tae-Su : To know who Hye-Joon used to date...

Lee Tae-Su meets up with Hye-Joon's brother, Gyeong-Joon...

Gyeong-Joon tells Hye-Joon : He (Lee Tae-Su) appears to be really capable and competent...

Hye-Joon tells Lee Tae-Su off : Just stay away from my family!

Park Do-Ha tells Hae-Hyo : Didn't you know that all you need is to pay to increase the number of followers?

Hae-Hyo reproaches his mom saying : I just wanted to prove that I will be able to make it all by myself...That's the last thing I have asked of you to do for me!

Hye-Joon's grandpa gives Hye-Joon's dad something....

Dad is asking : What is this?

Grandpa : I just wanted to make it up to you for being such a terrible father....

Hye-Joon asks Jung-Ha : Why did you choose to call Hae-Hyo first instead of me?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

36 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

Correction the the Text Preview for Ep. 13

It's "underhandedly" not " under the table". Sorry about that. We can no longer edit our posts.:sweatingbullets:

We can edit our post using the 3 dots on the right hand corner of the post @gumtaek, they changed the location :D

my fangirling moment... love his smile :wub:

acQ83cJ.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Opening scene...

Spoiler

Hye-Joon tells Hae-Hyo that the truth will soon come to light and all he needs is to hold it in and the truth will eventually be revealed though the latter disagrees and tells him that it is better to clear things up once and for all. He keeps reminding Hye-Joon that he has changed because the old Hye-Joon he knows will be very thankful and grateful for his help. He tells Hye-Joon that he always seem so busy now and they are hardly able to spend time together because whatever little time he can spare, he will spend it with Jung-Ha...

Hae-Hyo is also upset with Hye-Joon that he didn't tell him about Jin-U's relationship with his sister, Hae-Na and realises that he is the only one who is kept in the dark though Hye-Joon tries to tell him that it is only right for Jin-U to tell Hae-Hyo about it and he shouldn't be hearing about their relationship from Hye-Joon's mouth...

Hae-hyo meets up with Ji-Ah and tells her that she shouldn't have done what she did that is revealing about the truth of her past relationship with Hye-Joon as her parents wouldn't be pleased to know about it...

Ji-Ah then tells Hae-Hyo that she wants to protect Hye-Joon because of what she has done in the past putting their love and relationships through all kinds of tests and she feels that Hye-Joon really makes a worthy boyfriend to have and now that he is taken, she desires to have him even more...Hae-Hyo then tells her that he is glad to know that she can't always have it her way...

Ji-Ah then reminds Hae-Hyo that if she can't have Hye-Joon then Hae-Hyo shouldn't be harbouring any hopes either of him being together with Jung-Ha. She is certain that Hae-hyo would want things to work out between her and Hye-Joon...Hae-Hyo tells her that he agrees with what she has said but also reminds Ji-Ah that Jung-Ah is not one person who will date just anybody even if she were to break up with Hye-Joon...

Ji-Ah goes to look for Hye-Joon at the agency...

Hye-Joon makes it very clear to Ji-Ah that he doesn't want her to enter into his life again...Ji-Ah reminds him that she would always behave in the opposite manner and ways like how she has put their relationship and love to test in the past...

Hye-Joon then tells her that it took him a long time to finally realise that it's just her way of putting him through all the tests in their relationship...and he just doesn't want to go through all these tests again...

Ji-Ah then finally relents and gives in telling Hye-Joon to relax because now, she is fully aware that things will never be the same between them again and that there is no way that they ever get back together or even become friends again...She tells him that she is glad to see that he is doing so well now...

She tells Hye-Joon that she can't let others hurt nor harm him because she is the only one who can destroy him...She is glad that she is able to prove to others that Sa Hye-Joon indeed likes women...

She feels relieved knowing that she doesn't need to feel that she is indebted to him in any way now that she has pay back by helping him...

She tells Hye-Joon that she has her regrets too for all the things that she has done to him so he must think of her as being a horrible person...

• Thanks 4

I think the last resort about HyeJun’s dating scandal is his relationship with jeongha. I think he will admit it to the public how much she loves her and some will accept it and some won’t. After watching tonight’s episode, It shows that the two love birds are very much in love and the love they have for each other become deeper and deeper. If only i can punch the reporter in the face!! Arggh plus i love minjae noona but I don’t like how she handles her panic attack when she faces a hyejun’s scandals. 

As for HJ and JH, I don’t think HJ will let go of JH that easy when she mentions about them breaking up. I love seeing jealous Hyejun, i feel really good for jeongha it like she’s getting her lowkey revenge of the things HJ put her to stress. But still this is just all my judgement of what’s going to happen next week. Hehehehehe. 

• Like 4

The next scene...

Spoiler

Hae-Hyo asks Jung-Ha when was the last time when Jung-Ha has met up with Hye-Joon so the latter tells him that she has been sending him text messages but because of his busy schedule, she did not ask him to meet up with her...She didn't ask Hye-Joon to explain about the rumours too so Hae-Hye reminds her that since Jung-Ha has mentioned before that their relationship is very solid and is going well, she shouldn't have any reservations about asking him questions. Jung-Ha then tells him that she wants to wait for Hye-Joon to tell her about all these first before she brings the topic up. Hae-Hyo then tells her that this shows she really loves Hye-Joon...Jung-Ha then teases him saying how come he is still single when he knows so much about love...

Hae-Hyo then tells Jung-ha to pack up and tells her that he will give her a ride home though this should be Hye-Joon's job. Jung-Ha then tells Hae-Hyo that she wouldn't ask Hye-Joon to send her home. Instead she will send him home to take a rest.

Jin-U meets up with Hye-Joon and the former remarks that Hye-Joon is fast becoming a workaholic as he seems to be working non-stop...

Jin-U tells Hye-Joon that he would need to postpone his enlistment into the military as long as he could so that he can still continue working while he is still in his 20s...

Hye-joon tells Jin-U that he is excited about working together with Hae-Hyo in their next show together...and Hye-Joon tells Jin-U that it's really wonderful to have childhood friends like him and Hae-Hyo...

Hye-joon tells Jin-U that he snapped at Hae-Hyo earlier because of Ji-Ah's interview. Jin-U then reminds Hye-Joon what's gonna happen if Jung-ha comes to know about the interview...

Jung-Ha is doing a live broadcast on her YouTube channel entitled Confession so Hae-ha asks Hae-Ho if Jung-Ha will be bringing up about Hye-joon then...

This is when she receives a call from Hye-Joon...

Hye-Joon then apologises to Jung-Ha about not giving her a heads up regarding an article that is going to be published soon so Jung-Ha is puzzled and asks him what the article is about and who is the person involved in the interview...

When she wanted to resume her live broadcast she realised that her viewers have left the channel and they have switched over to watch the interview done with Sa Hye-Joon's ex-girlfriend...

This is when Jung-Ha realises what is going on....

A viewer is still asking Jung--ha who her boyfriend is and if she is planning on telling them...

Jung-Ha then adds that she wants to tell her viewers that they are all considered her boyfriends and she wants to give away vouchers for then to patronise her make-up studio...

Hye-Joon advises Jin-U that he should call Hae-Hyo so that they can make up today and not to let it drag any further...

A fan asked to take photo together with Hye-Joon and the latter reminds her not to post and upload on her SNS but thereafter the fan has posted on her IG account...She also writes that Hye-joon really has a small face but really flawless skin and he was together with his boyfriend...

Jung-ha reads the article about Ji-Ah's interview where she revealed that she and Hye-Joon had dated each other when they were in college and Ji-Ah had told the reporter that Hye-Joon is not a gay...

In the interview, Ji-Ah states that if Hye-Joon comes to know about the interview, he will stop her from doing it as he does not like to impose on others...Ji-Ah also mentions that Hye-Joon is a really good person cum boyfriend too...Ji-Ah says that he wants to tell the viewers about this as she strongly feels that Hye-Joon does not deserve all these critisms and rumours being made about him...

Hye-Joon's mom says that she is really grateful for Ji-Ah for speaking up for Hye-Joon and his dad also voiced the same sentiments that he is thankful to her too...

Hye-joon's mom is reminded of Hye-joon's text message to her saying that he will keep his promise to his mom that he has once told her while he was still studying in middle school that when he grows up and is able to earn a lot of money, he wants to let his mom live a comfortable life. Hye-Joon has helped to pay off the family debts as what he has promised his mom earlier...

Hye-Joon's mom tells her husband that it really breaks her heart knowing what he has to endured and to go through to earn all these money...

She adds that he didn't forget about the promise that he has made to his mom...that when he grows up and is able to earn lots of money, he wants his mom to live a comfortable. Just like his mom has told Hye-Joon that she will give him all her support to do whatever he has always wanted and desired...but she is the one who didn't keep her promise to him so she feels bad taking his money...

1 hour ago, gumtaek said:

Correction the the Text Preview for Ep. 13

It's "underhandedly" not " under the table". Sorry about that. We can no longer edit our posts.:sweatingbullets:

Hi @gumtaekand all! You can still edit your posts by clicking on the 3 dots which you will see at the top right hand corner of your post. Thanks to @Lmangla for pointing it out to me earlier today. :fullofhearts:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Wiggle 1

I just watched Ep. 11 on Netflix. Normally the angsty episodes are Episodes 10-14 for a 16-ep drama so let's brace ourselves.

The character chart was really misleading as it didn't show a love triangle.:(

I felt really uneasy with Jung Ha's voice over "Out of sight, out of mind" and its implications on her relationship with Hye Jun and Hae Hyo. I know the situation differs for both Hye Jun and Jung Ha: Jia was an ex-girlfriend and Hae Hyo is a friend that Jung Ha is grateful towards...Jung Ha has quite successfully friendzoned Hae Hyo in the past but she was particularly vulnerable in the rain scene with Hae Hyo coming to the rescue...I want to continue trusting her that the only reason why she let Hae Hyo in her house was to dry himself or to offer tea as a gesture of gratitude but I honestly felt uncomfortable with the preview where Hye Jun confronts Jung Ha asking her why she called Hae Hyo and not him...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

After today episode, can we all come to a conclusion that the "bed scene" we thought would elaborate after ep 8, actually happened in ep 8, after the dance in rain scene. That's all we have for the bed scene. Because, c'mon, why do they make us wait for so long if it's not actually happened already.

I gave up hoping there will be another bed scene and like I said it was fine if it was done in a subtle way. But again, isn't it way too subtle and bringing up confusion?

• LOL 3

The next scene...

Spoiler

Hye-Joon goes to Jung-Ha's house to look for her...

Jung-Ha remarks that she can smell alcohol on him so the latter tells her that he has had a few drinks earlier...Jung-Ha offers Hye-Joon a can of cold beer and asks if he would like to have it...Hye-Joon tells Jung-Ha he will get it from the fridge...

Jung-Ha asks how did Hye-Joon get here so the latter tells her that he has taken a cab to her place and he was drinking with Jin-U earlier before coming over to her house...

He tells Jung-Ha that his guy friends are not too pleased with him right now as they feel that Hye-Joon has neglected them since he is paying all his attention to his girlfriend only...

Jung-ha then tells Hye-Joon that Hae-Hyo also told her the same thing earlier...

Jung-Ha then tells him that Hae-Hyo dropped by at the studio earlier and offered to introduce a famous actress to her so that she can do the make up for her...

She adds that she is really grateful to him so now she is preparing herself well so that she will be able to become the actress' make-up artist...

Hye-Joon then adds that Hae-Hyo may just win her over so Jung-Ha assures him that this will not happen because Hye-Joon will always take the top priority on her list.

Hye-Joon then tells Jung-ha that he loves her and the latter adds that she loves him twice as much too...

Jung-Ha tells Hye-Joon that she will have to make a business trip next week to do the make-up for Kim So-Ran for her coming movie...

She is glad that she is able to get a celebrity customer by using her own efforts...

Hye-Joon then congratulates her and asks if Jung-ha has watched the interview of Ji-Ah in it...

Jung-Ha then nods her head that she has watched the interview. She admits that she doesn't feel good about it...and she is merely telling him about her feelings before he starts asking her about it...

Hye-Joon thanked her for being honest about her feelings with him...

Jung-Ha then remarks that Ji-Ah is pretty but then Hye-Joon reminds her that she is not as pretty as Jung-Ha...

The next scene...

Spoiler

Hye-Joon goes to Jung-Ha's house to look for her...

Jung-Ha remarks that she can smell alcohol on him so the latter tells her that he has had a few drinks earlier...Jung-Ha offers Hye-Joon a can of cold beer and asks if he would like to have it...Hye-Joon tells Jung-Ha he will get it from the fridge...

Jung-Ha asks how did Hye-Joon get here so the latter tells her that he has taken a cab to her place and he was drinking with Jin-U earlier before coming over to her house...

He tells Jung-Ha that his guy friends are not too pleased with him right now as they feel that Hye-Joon has neglected them since he is paying all his attention to his girlfriend only...

Jung-ha then tells Hye-Joon that Hae-Hyo also told her the same thing earlier...

Jung-Ha then tells him that Hae-Hyo dropped by at the studio earlier and offered to introduce a famous actress to her so that she can do the make up for her...

She adds that she is really grateful to him so now she is preparing herself well so that she will be able to become the actress' make-up artist...

Hye-Joon then adds that Hae-Hyo may just win her over so Jung-Ha assures him that this will not happen because Hye-Joon will always take the top priority on her list.

Hye-Joon then tells Jung-ha that he loves her and the latter adds that she loves him twice as much too...

Jung-Ha tells Hye-Joon that she will have to make a business trip next week to do the make-up for Kim So-Ran for her coming movie...

She is glad that she is able to get a celebrity customer by using her own efforts...

Hye-Joon then congratulates her and asks if Jung-ha has watched the interview of Ji-Ah in it...

Jung-Ha then nods her head that she has watched the interview. She admits that she doesn't feel good about it...and she is merely telling him about her feelings before he starts asking her about it...

Hye-Joon thanked her for being honest about her feelings with him...

Jung-Ha then remarks that Ji-Ah is pretty but then Hye-Joon reminds her that she is not as pretty as Jung-Ha...

Jung-Ha then teases Hye-Joon that so he is admitting now that Ji-Ah is indeed pretty...

Hye-Joon then apologies for it...Jung-Ha then tells him that she likes the fact that he is apologising so quickly to her...

She asks Hye-Joon why is it he didn't discuss it over with her when something like this happens...She also asks him why is it he is making her getting all worried about it by herself...

Hye-Joon then remarks that Jung-Ha still appears to be very calm when she is upset...and he says it's all good...but it seems rather scary to him...

Hye-Joon then explains himself saying that he only wants to show all the good things to her just like he only wants to tell her about the good things that has happened to him too...

He continues telling her that he wants...but the latter cuts him off and asks him if he regards her as a kid...

She then goes on to say that this is what the parents would usually tell their children...

Hye-Joon tells Jung-ha that he can endure all these hateful comments being made about him because he knows they are not based on the truth...But he adds that he doesn't want his family to find out nor know about it...

The fact that all the people whom he loves have already seen the comments...really hurts his pride and self-esteem...

Jung-ha then adds that the people who love Hye-Joon also want to share to be able to share the burden with him...and she reminds him that they will feel hurt if he is keeping all these away from them...

Hye-Joon then moves closer to Jung-ha and holds out his hand for the latter to take it...

They then start holding hands as Hye Joon tells Jung-Ha that he really loves her more than she thinks he does...

His words then bring a smile to her face...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, MinLyn said:

Jung-Ah is not one person who will date just anybody even if she were to break up with Hye-Joon...

At least haehyo knew that thing about jeongha. She will never date haehyo even she and hyejun break up. I think haehyo and jeongha’s friendship is becoming more like him and hyejun’s used to be but with a twist of one-sided crush. They will just become best friends that help one another. :)

• Like 8

Just want to share my thoughts here after watching some parts of our OTP..

Im beginning to hate the distance between our couple. From the gap while they were seated on the sofa to when he was in the plane and she was in the province, alone while it was raining hard. Its just becoming too obvious that maybe the sad parts are about to come. 

I hate the color of their couple jacket/blouse in the preview. Why black? Plus his question about her not calling him first didnt sit well on me. He wasnt in SK while she was getting drenched from the heavy rain...I can sense that the thought of HH meeting JH without his knowledge could be bothering him but thats when they need to trust each other more...

I can also feel HJ's pain/sadness in the preview while getting his make-up done. We only have 4 eps left i hope the writer will be able to close all the issues nicely if we really have to go through the break-up part or maybe in case HJ will suddenly be in deep trouble and will have to leave the entertainment industry.

• Like 8

The last scenes...

Spoiler

Lee Sung-Kyung tells Hye-Joon that her make-up artist has gone on maternity leave and the new make-up artist is not very detailed nor considerate enough so Hye-Joon offers to introduce another make-up artist to her who is really good with her hands and is warmhearted too...

Lee Sung-kyung asks Hye-Joon if he is referring to his own girlfriend...so the latter is surprised and asks her how does she know...She asks him to give her Jung-ha's cell phone number. She then adds that Hye-Joon will need his phone to retrieve his girlfriend's number but the latter tells her that he has already memorised her phone number...

She then starts teasing Hye-Joon for being a lover boy...

While Hye-Joon is keying in Jung-Ha's number on Sung-Kyung's cell phone, all these are being captured and recorded by a staff who is holding a video camera in her hands...

Min-jae asks Hye-Joon how come his face can still be glowing when his work schedule is so hectic...and the new assistant also mentions that Hye-Joon will be going overseas soon for his fan-meeting and adds that he has already memorised his schedule by hard...

Min-jae has hired another make-up artist to do Hye-joon's make-up for his shooting as she doesn't want more rumours nor scandals to spread about Hye-Joon since they are being watched by so many people so it wouldn't be very convenient for Jung-ha to do the make-up for Hye-joon...

Min-jae adds that it will be better of Jung-ha can act as the observer now...

This is when Min-jae receives a call from Reporter Kim asking her if Hye-Joon is dating the make-up artist, Jung Ha now...

Min-jae denies that they are dating and ticks the reporter off for having written an article about Hye-Joon being linked with Charlie Jung...Then next his ex-girlfriend's interview...She asks Reporter Kim why can't she just leave Hye-Joon alone...

After she hangs up the phone, she then turns aound and tells Jung-ha that the reporter is planning to expose her relationship with Hye-joon...and she adds that this will really do harm and greatly affect his image and reputation...Because with the earlier news about his ex-girlfriend and then now, his current girlfriend...

She tells Jung-ha that she can foresee something really bad will come along too...

Reporter Kim is looking at the pictures of Hye-Joon taken together with Jung-Ha...

Lee Sung-Kyung makes a video call to Hye-Joon and is happily chatting with both he and Hae-Hyo...She then jests that she is now dating Hye-Joon and adds that she needs to think about them dating each other while they are filming the drama series...

A concerned looking Hye-Joon is worried about what Jung-ha would think about it...

She continues to tease Hye-Joon calling him "her boyfriend" as she tells Hae-hyo to take good care of her boyfriend...

Jung-ha feels really awkward while listening to their conversation...

Hye-Joon then remarks what's wrong with Sung-Kyung for making jokes like that so Hae-Hyo remarks that's her personality and she is just playing out her character in the show...

Hye-Joon then asks Hae-hyo to take a photo of him and Jung-ha together as he would like to capture that moment of them being together at the place...

Inside the car, Hae-Hyo offers to drive Jung-ha to the shooting site outside of town where she will be doing a make-up job and he tells her that Hye-Joon would be busy that day since he has to attend a fan meeting too...

On the bus, Jung-ha receives a text message from Hye-Joon who has sent her the picture of them taken together, His text message reads, "Having you by my side is always the best for me"...

Jung-ha's voiceover saying "Out of sight and out of mind...not being with each other within sight...causes us to become more distant..."

"I had faith that our relationship was solid and was going well..."

"But my faith is much more fragile than my love..."

It's almost midnight and they are still not done with the shooting yet...

Shooting has finally ended but Jung-ha is caught in the heavy downpour...She is reminded of Hye-Joon's question when he asks her why is it she doesn't like rainy days. She has told him that rainy days seems to make her feel that she is all alone by herself in this world. This is when Hye-Joon tells her that he would call her when it rains so that she wouldn't feel like she is all alone by herself...

She takes out her phone wanting to call Hye-Joon but the latter couldn't pick up her call as he is onboard the plane...

Instead, Hae-Hyo arrives at the scene to pick her up...

Jung-ha invites Hae-Hyo to come into her house...

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

About 12

Again, we see people trying to solve problems for someone who is not in a coma, or having cognitive difficulties WITHOUT consulting them. Seriously WTH!?!??!!?

Spoiler

whywouldyoudothat.jpg

HJ "Am I your/a child" need to be said to so many people, including the parents.

I understand his family's concerns. AND  I also understand JH sense of privacy.  I assume he never brought the difficulties he was having in the business home to the family for fear that his father and brother would say--as they did without even knowing the true complexity--if you are not doing well, join the army then join my construction company.

Like this.

Spoiler

50181851.jpg

His family has no idea how the entertainment business works and now this father is pushing his nose into something he knows nothing about.  YES, work to protect your child. But you don't call up your ADULT son's business partner and start questioning her.  He has no right. 

I know this is the thing that makes for drama, but it also the thing that just boils my blood. 

Lee Tae-Su meets up with Hye-Joon's brother, Gyeong-Joon...

Gyeong-Joon tells Hye-Joon : He (Lee Tae-Su) appears to be really capable and competent...

Spoiler

tenor.gif

WTH--manage GJ--I hope he is smart enough to stay in his own lane.  He never was helpful to HJ. I hope HJ explains that TS wouldn't pay him what he's owed.

I know this "in your family member's life" is cultural, but damn.

JH has matured a lot.  It was very adult of him to pull his father aside and to politely ask him not to interfere in his career.  Perhaps that could happen now because his father is now showing him some respect. 

I'm also glad that JH stood up for Min-Jae.  HIs brother was so out of place to be asking Min-jae for a ride as if she were the family's lackey to be made to fetch this and that.  Min-Jae is a professional. The head of her own company.  She is not a lackey. And even if she functions as JH's lackey, it doesn't give GJ the right to exploit her.

At the end, the drama sets up expectations that are unlikely to be met, because they are against HJ's personality.  I don't think HJ would be interested in HH even if JH isn't around.

The drama also shows how everyone one just wants to feed of "stars".  Everyone wants to be star-adjacent, in the circle of influence to get attention.  Even the "fan". People don't see "stars" as human, from the fans to co-workers.  Being beside a star is just another way to make cash or get attention.

TS can work as deceptively as he can to get JH back as as an actor, BUT he is doomed to fail because--

1- The drama already showed us that even when JH's career was going nowhere and it didn't look like things would work out, his choices were made on integrity, which is why he turned down Charlie Jung.

2- JH decision is based on relationship not on guarantee of success.  

The only way TS can get to represent JH is if GJ or their father do something stupid as to sign on JH's behalf. I can't understand any legal system that would allow anyone to enter into a contract for a 28 year old mentally competent MAN. 

EDIT:  I appreciate the way this drama is dealing with sexual health contraceptive.  It's interesting they are keeping those issues from the lead couple, but they are dealing with it in the drama. I guess they feel a responsible approach to sexual activity won't come off as romantic. In the drama sex is suggested more that illustrated.  Sexual relations between the leads is only lightly suggested, I assume it is to protect the innocent eyes that might we watching.  The audience can decide for themselves if the main couple are or are not sleeping together.   Hae-Na, despite being a little pouty, is a good example of an adult woman taking care of her sexuality and sexual help. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2