[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

Ep.9

The romance between Sa Hye-joon and Ahn Jung-ha (Park So-dam), who pledged to continue their love despite their busy daily lives, added excitement. There was still a crisis on days when everything seemed to go well. Two young people who were not frustrated by the harsh reality and were moving toward tomorrow. Questions are mounting over whether he will be able to keep his dreams and love in the face of the changed reality and numerous variables.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/382/0000859037

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Before the start of ep9, i just wanna say how it triggered me , to see PBG drove so fast in the BMW.... reminded me of how PBG hit a car in Youth Over Flower: Africa and how Ryu Joon Yeol tried to assure him that its okay.... great to know that the cast of Reply 88 are still in touch... and Bo Gum's driving skill has improved... hahhaa

Makes me really me curious what happens to JH that both men, HJ and HH have regrets over.... did she leave both men...i hope HJ will be able to find her in the end... his first and foremost  fan before his career took off... 

• Like 5

hi chingus, thank you for all the thoughts, insights, news and articles which make the thread insightful, informative, enjoyable and entertaining. :heart1:

as to my thoughts on the "bedroom scene" below,

BR1-1.png

the scene was shot inside Jeong Ha's room and not from somewhere else. the scene below was from Episode 1. Compared with the "bedroom scene" above,  same lamp shade, same curtain and same hanging decor.

BR1-2.png

as to the question if it is a "bed scene", my answer is NO. i think the expressions on their faces do not suggest it is a romantic scene, i agree with @gumtaek. also, Jeong Ha's position on the bed does not suggest it as well, as also observed by @touchthesky99.

at this point, we are unsure when this scene happened. in Episode 8, it was shown after the car scene and before the rain dance which is confusing. it cannot be after the rain dance as their clothes are different (looks like Jeong Ha is wearing sleeping clothes and Hye Jun is wearing a different long-sleeves shirt) and they should have been wet from the rain. as @gumtaekalso mentioned, the PD has a knack for surprises in a way that what you expect is not what will happen. 

i think this episode happened before the date in the convent. maybe they have something to talk about, or maybe they are supposed to meet but Hye Jun became so busy and can only come during the night when Jeong Ha could already be sleeping or about to sleep that's why they are in the bedroom. the lights in the other part of the house has already been turned off.

BR-3.png

also, i want to believe that there will be NO BREAK UP.  i am basing this on our OTP's characters. they persevered and did not give up on their dreams. They will do the same with their relationship no matter what and how many challenges they will face. i am hoping that the "rain dance" will be their monument, something that will always remind them of their commitment to one another.    :heart:

excited for tomorrow's episode.  happy watching chingus! :issohappy:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Lovely insight! @Badette Aguilar 

All this discussion of the bedroom scene is making me nervous at the same time excited for what’s about to unfold. :please:

I would like to reiterate your view on our OTP’s characters as I also see Hye Jun and Jeong Ha as the type who are both steadfast in dealing with hardships. Just seeing what they go through with their family and in their workplace, the situations they have been through, that takes a lot of resilience. It takes a strong character not to have their spirit crushed when dealing with such blows. Hence, I would also conclude that this character trait both of them have will help them to overcome challenges ahead.

In addition, we also got a glimpse of how Hye Jun has dealt with his past relationship. He was not the type to give up on someone (his ex girlfriend was the one who chose to let go). The fact that they got back several times means that he was willing to work out whatever issues they had. 

On top of this, I am confident of a stronger underlying foundation for their relationship as @gumtaek has pointed out. I believe that scene with the two of them praying gives a clear insight of this. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1