[Drama 2020] We were in Love, 우리 사랑했을까

0ly40

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Nodame said:

@partyon Thanks ODO all the way.

Please make sure to click on Oh Dae O in the poll box at the top of the page so that your vote is registered officially. :kiss_wink:

So many votes for Oh Dae O so far.

Didn't Ryu Jin seem like a potential father candidate in ep 4 and in the preview of ep 5?

And we have the baby book with Oh Yeon Woo's name listed as the father....?

:joy:

3 minutes ago, partyon said:

Please make sure to click on Oh Dae O in the poll box at the top of the page so that your vote is registered officially. :kiss_wink:

So many votes for Oh Dae O so far.

Didn't Ryu Jin seem like a potential father candidate in ep 4 and in the preview of ep 5?

:joy:

I think that the writer is trying to trick us into thinking that Oh Dae O isn't Ha Nee's father. But I will believe my intuition this time haha

@partyon OMG oops.Thanks for telling me where to vote correctly. I screwed up. LOL.

:hotinhere2:

@triplem Welcome my friend! Always great to see you in forums! I am loving Son Ho Jun (always love him) and I love Song Ji Hyo in Running Man. I know her dramas were always a mixed bag but I Iike her alot. I hope you continue with us for this ride! I like it is on NETFLIX for me here in the USA.

1 hour ago, partyon said:

I think this is classic drama trying to confuse us but I still believe that it's ODO!

58 minutes ago, triplem said:

I’m team ODO too @partyon because I am using the law of kdrama logic . The ML has to be the chosen one !  

Haha! I totally agree with you on this one @triplem!

I am 100% Team ODO.

IF and I say IF the drama ends up revealing that Aejong does not know who the real father is because she slept with all 3, then wouldn't that mean Aejong was a t.r.a.m.p.?! :scream:

I still suspect Yeonwoo knew about the pregnancy and cared about Aejong so much that he was willing to be with her and be a father to her unborn child. Maybe the notebook that Oh Ha nee found belonged to Yeonwoo...

As for Ryu Jin, I do believe he liked Aejong and may be knew what lead to the misunderstanding between ODO and Aejong but I don't think he knew of the pregnancy.

@mouse007 yeah to me it is a big minor chance that the father would be someone else.  Just IF was someone else, AJ should not be called a tramp.

Here is #1 reason why AJ is not one:

Slang definition of tramp:

tramp noun (WOMAN)

[ C ] US slang disapproving. a woman who has sex often, with a lot of different partners.

There could be a bad circumstance and if something bad happened to her, she shouldn't be called a tramp I know she is a fictional character, but I admit as a female, the blame on the woman calling them "tramp" or other unsavory terms doesn't sit too well with me. Why does the "male" who got her pregnant get away scott free with no blame? The way society finger points it is the women's fault is not fair. Plus if a woman get pregnant she usually ends up taking care of the child (with our without the help of the father).

Words have power and my mom reminds me to be careful as they cannot be taken back. So I do wish that some terms be thought about. AJ as a character from what I can see in College was sweet and hard working. When she was interacting with ODO, she did not look like she had much experience with guys. So when she decided to have further her relationship with ODO her boyfriend, it is not out of the ordinary.

Just hope we can rethink about using terms "tramp" or  other words of that kind with a bit more thought and consideration. 

Spoiler

I have a close friend who is a young mother. She has three beautiful girls but her ex is horrible. He cheated on her, lazy and always breaks promises. He has given no child support and postures for time with the kids and always breaks appointments and doesn't respect her the kids schedules and only thinks of himself. When they are with him, they end up on ipads or stuck with the bio dad's mom home. With the single mom , she plans activities, gets NO support from him. (She is lucky her family -mom and sister shelter them, provide childcare and give support overall.) 

I know not all dads are bad. 

If the dad is ODO as we all think, he did not know she was pregnant. I feel he would step up and be a great dad to HN. 

@Nodame I don't mean to offend anyone here. I actually used that word to emphasize my opinion that it is highly unlikely the drama would portray her as such. I do believe (from what I have seen of Aejong thus far) is that she is not one who would have slept around. I think she does know who the father is. I think the question here is why she hid it. 

Spoiler

I am single mother of 2 as well. I have friends who have children of different fathers - they aren't tramps. Just circumstances led up to the situation. 

@mouse007 No problem at all and thanks for being open to my post to you.  More just wanted awareness and not take lightly how words can represent a meaning that we don't necessarily mean but even in JEST to still take it seriously. 

Society seems to be harsher on women than men too overall. Just as a woman, I just wanted to respectfully bring it up.

Of course these are my theories:

We still don't know why AJ did not tell ODO. But it seems suspicious that RJ is nervous a bit when ODO talks to AJ. Plus when AJ asked RJ about why her relationship went south with ODO he said NOTHING.  He was their mutual friend who both talked to. He is very suspicious. So when he realized HN is 14 and at the time AJ was pregnant (when she broke up with ODO) he could have done something /said something or more did NOTHING to help both out due to inaction. I feel strongly GUILT had him run to HN to help her out.

Maybe he thought once AJ as free, he had a chance to date her. But when she was drinking with him, she only had ODO on her mind.

I don't think AJ deliberately wanted to NOT tell ODO. I think I read somewhere she might have seen ODO with someone --- Dasom's character who had a crush on him --kissing or physically close? (Seeing that kind of scene , she thought no point bringing it up now he has moved on so FAST.) 

But we won't know until the write nim wants us to know. Then again we have a while as this drama just started. 

I just thought I would bring in a bit of my own thoughts about this drama here as well - not as a poll organizer, but as a watcher of this drama. :kiss_wink:

One thing that struck me while watching ep 3 and 4 is how unfair it is that NAJ won't tell Ha Nee about her father. In my opinion, it should be Ha Nee's right at least to know who her father is. And in case it is ODO, it's quite cruel to have robbed him of the chance to see his daughter grow up.

No person (not even the mother) should have the right to keep a child away from his/her father regardless of the circumstances of a break-up. The only one to decide if a child and father should be kept apart is a court.

The only reasoning that would make sense for NAJ to keep her daughter away from the father, is that NAJ tried to tell ODO about being pregnant but that he shunned her and said that he wanted nothing to do with the child ever.

But it's clear that ODO doesn't know about Ha Nee, so I am inclined to believe there was a messenger that interfered with this and mislead NAJ to believe that ODO didn't want her or their child anymore.

Again, though, I would assume that this should have somehow become apparent in their discussions and she has never mentioned Ha Nee to him.

So, what did she witness or hear that would be so dramatic that led her to make that decision to keep father and daughter away from each other forever?

37 minutes ago, Nodame said:

@mouse007 No problem at all and thanks for being open to my post to you.  More just wanted awareness and not take lightly how words can represent a meaning that we don't necessarily mean but even in JEST to bring more awareness. 

Society seems to be harsher on women than men too overall. Just as a woman, I just wanted to respectfully bring it up.

Of course these are theories:

We still don't know why AJ did not tell ODO. But it seems suspicious that RJ is nervous a bit when ODO talks to AJ. Plus when AJ asked RJ about why her relationship went south with ODO he said NOTHING.  He was their mutual friend who both talked to. He is very suspicious. So when he realized HN is 14 and at the time AJ was pregnant (when she broke up with ODO) he could have done something /said something or more did NOTHING to help both out due to inaction. I feel strongly GUILT had him run to HN to help her out.

Maybe he thought once AJ as free, he had a chance to date her. But when she was drinking with him, she only had ODO on her mind.

I don't think AJ deliberately wanted to NOT tell ODO. I think I read somewhere she might have seen ODO with someone --- Dasom's character who had a crush on him --kissing or physically close? (Seeing that kind of scene , she thought no point bringing it up now he has moved on so FAST.) 

But we won't know until the write nim wants us to know. Then again we have a while as this drama just started. 

Yeah, I also think that Ryu Jin is guilty of something. He probably did nothing to help them reconnect back then. I guess that he thought that when Dae O is no longer around, Ae Jung will come to him instead. However Dae O was the one she loved so she didn't care about Ryu Jin in a romantic way. He was just her friend. 

@partyon I do believe that she was on her way to tell him she is pregnat but she saw him with someone, dropped her umbrella and walked away. I guess she felt betrayed and miserable. And on top of that I think that Ryu Jin knew that there was a misunderstanding between Dae O and Ae Jung but he decided to say nothing.  We will see. There are still 12 episodes to go :D

28 minutes ago, Nodame said:

@mouse007 No problem at all and thanks for being open to my post to you.  More just wanted awareness and not take lightly how words can represent a meaning that we don't necessarily mean but even in JEST to bring more awareness. 

Of course these are theories:

@Nodame I totally agree with you here - that society is harsher on women. For example, when a man cheats and has multiple girlfriends - "he's just being a typical man" but when a woman does it, the woman is severely criticized. 

I also find RJ suspicious. I don't know if RJ was the source of the misunderstanding (meaning that he caused it) or if it was more that RJ knew it was a misunderstanding, he could have done something about it but just chose not to for selfish reasons. 

I also am curious to find out when Aejong found out she was pregnant... the timing of this knowledge is also crucial. Did she know of the pregnancy before the breakup or after? 

4 minutes ago, partyon said:

I just thought I would bring in a bit of my own thoughts about this drama here as well - not as a poll organizer, but as a watcher of this drama. :kiss_wink:

One thing that struck me while watching ep 3 and 4 is how unfair it is that NAJ won't tell Ha Nee about her father. In my opinion, it should be Ha Nee's right at least to know who her father is. And in case it is ODO, it's quite cruel to have robbed him of the chance to see his daughter grow up.

No person (not even the mother) should have the right to keep a child away from his/her father regardless of the circumstances of a break-up. The only one to decide if a child and father should be kept apart is a court.

The only reasoning that would make sense for NAJ to keep her daughter away from the father, is that NAJ tried to tell ODO about being pregnant but that he shunned her and said that he wanted nothing to do with the child ever.

But it's clear that ODO doesn't know about Ha Nee, so I am inclined to believe there was a messenger that interfered with this and mislead NAJ to believe that ODO didn't want her or their child anymore.

Again, though, I would assume that this should have somehow become apparent in their discussions and she has never mentioned Ha Nee to him.

So, what did she witness or hear that would be so dramatic that led her to make that decision to keep father and daughter away from each other forever?

I also thought it wasn't fair for Aejong to have kept it from Ha Nee. I think she deserves to know. I suspect that the reason Aejong didn't tell Ha Nee was to protect her from disappointment/heartache. Perhaps Aejong was under the impression that ODO didn't care or wouldn't have wanted to have anything to do with Ha Nee and maybe Aejong felt that it would be best for Ha Nee to not know her father than to know him and know that he wants nothing to do with her. 

Personally, I think she should have at least told her his name and the circumstances that led up to their situation. I can understand her waiting until Ha Nee is of a certain age where she can understand but at this point in the drama, I think Ha Nee is of age.

3 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

I also thought it wasn't fair for Aejong to have kept it from Ha Nee. I think she deserves to know. I suspect that the reason Aejong didn't tell Ha Nee was to protect her from disappointment/heartache. Perhaps Aejong was under the impression that ODO didn't care or wouldn't have wanted to have anything to do with Ha Nee and maybe Aejong felt that it would be best for Ha Nee to not know her father than to know him and know that he wants nothing to do with her. 

Personally, I think she should have at least told her his name and the circumstances that led up to their situation. I can understand her waiting until Ha Nee is of a certain age where she can understand but at this point in the drama, I think Ha Nee is of age.

I agree with you 100%.

I am probably going to a bit direct with my opinions now, but I think it's important to talk about this.

From my perspective, it's not NAJ's call to decide if her child has the right to know her father. It is the father's right to decide this. Both parents have equal rights and responsibilities, and neither party has the right to decide for anyone but themselves. This is equality between mother and father, and it's the right of the child to know who her parents are.

So, if NAJ never even told the father about the existence of a child, I would say it's actually pretty cruel for both father and daughter. :(

I will be interested to see how the writers will handle this issue...

I think that episode 5 & 6 will lift the veil a secrecy a little bit. There was a scene in one of the teasers when Ae Jung is drunk and Ryu Jin and Dae O are helping her walk and Pa Do is calling someone and carrying her bag. I think they will help her get to her home and will meet Yeon Woo, Ha Nee and Ae Jung's mom waiting for her. I am curious what will happen XD I do wonder whether Ae Jung's mom know who the father is. Because I get a feeling that she knows that Ae Jung knew Dae O back then but she didn't know he was her boyfriend 14 years ago.

1 minute ago, phikyl said:

@partyon You already know I'm Team ODO also but I expected to encounter at least one vote for someone else. :lol: 

Yes, I am quite surprised the votes are so unanimous. :D It's the first time I created a poll, and I made a little mistake by making it a closed poll, so that members can't see who voted what. But then I thought, oh maybe better in this way so everyone can vote anonymously for anyone without feeling pressured to choose ODO.

But I guess everyone is quite certain that this drama will go down the traditional k-drama route....? haha :D

By the way, I am always amazed by the lack of communication in dramas. People just don't talk to each other here haha I wonder if Ae Jung cut ties completely with everyone on the campus and she didn't know that people say that she dumped Dae O. Because that's  what everyone was talking about on campus back then.  I mean, poor guy was running all day, not eating and crying very loud. Anyway, tomorrow is Wednesday and we all know what it means :happydance:

1 hour ago, partyon said:

I agree with you 100%.

I am probably going to a bit direct with my opinions now, but I think it's important to talk about this.

From my perspective, it's not NAJ's call to decide if her child has the right to know her father. It is the father's right to decide this. Both parents have equal rights and responsibilities, and neither party has the right to decide for anyone but themselves. This is equality between mother and father, and it's the right of the child to know who her parents are.

So, if NAJ never even told the father about the existence of a child, I would say it's actually pretty cruel for both father and daughter. :(

I will be interested to see how the writers will handle this issue...

NAJ could've kept it a secret not only to protect Ha Nee but it could also be to set ODO free if Aejong was under the impression that that is what ODO would have wanted. Perhaps Aejong thought that by not knowing about Ha Nee, ODO could be free to pursue whatever it was he wanted to do without being tied down. Who knows what really happened but at this point, by keeping it a secret from both dad and daughter, NAJ's actions could be interpreted as being selfish. A situation where I can see this being extremely tricky is if the mother was raped (which I doubt is the case here). In the case of rape, I can understand why a mother would want to keep it a secret from the child because imagine the impact on the child knowing that.

45 minutes ago, chatterbox22 said:

By the way, I am always amazed by the lack of communication in dramas. People just don't talk to each other here haha I wonder if Ae Jung cut ties completely with everyone on the campus and she didn't know that people say that she dumped Dae O. Because that's  what everyone was talking about on campus back then.  I mean, poor guy was running all day, not eating and crying very loud. Anyway, tomorrow is Wednesday and we all know what it means 

LOL I know! I am also amazed by the lack of communication in dramas and had they just been open from the very beginning, they could have had their happy ending years ago!

A part of me thinks that both ODO and NAJ were unaware of the depth of their feelings toward each other which is why they are both so bitter about it. ODO felt that NAJ did not love him as much as he did her while NAJ gives me the impression that she felt ODO didn't treasure her. 

11 hours ago, strongtower said:

Edit: @partyon  do we win points if we choose the correct father? 

Haha :joy: Sorry, there is no reward for guessing correctly in this game except for a pat on the back that you know your k-drama world pretty well. :kiss_wink:

Episode 5 is on tonight! Let’s see how things progress for Ha Nee and her quest to find her father!

Archived