[Drama 2023] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim (Season 3), 낭만닥터 김사부 시즌3

0ly40

After yesterday's episode I'm curious about JDH. He said he was curious about Doldam. Why? He said he wants a relaxed life but unwillingly became a doctor because of his parents. And despite more opportunities in big cities he came all the way to Doldam because he was curious. About what? And the fact that he listens to a walkman instead of an mp3 player meant there is possibly a link between him and somebody in Doldam's past.

There's also seemed to be a theme about family this season. CEJ's dad is the new Trauma Centre boss. We learnt about JIS's daughter. The first case included a family from North Korea and that offhand comment that NDI knows all about Master Kim's family when they thought Byul might be his daughter.

I have a feeling that the walkman was probably Master Kim's in the past OR the cassette in it has the same song compilation as the cassette in his radio in his room. Either KSB helped his parents in the past, or it could be one of those story where KSB grew up in an orphanage and he passed the walkman/cassette to someone close to him.

No idea really.... but I'm intrigued.

• Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, dzareth said:

No idea really.... but I'm intrigued.

There's an on-going theory that

Spoiler

JDH is a younger brother of the KSB's first student who died during the surgery under KSB's name than made him being expelled from the "big hospital". It was around ep. 9-10 of the first season. In my personal opinion, it would make JDH more of her son with the age difference (14 years as the name appeared+years between seasons and the student was third year - also pretty significant - so around 22-23). 

Idk if that helps and if it's possible, but it's an interesting theory to consider. And match your guess about the season's theme...

• Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Jang and Prof. Cha remain the 2 most annoying characters this season. They actually make Dr. Yang look like a saint! 

All Dr. Jang does is whine. While Prof. Cha hasn't had his slice of humble pie yet. So glad Eun Jae ripped into her dad's priorities, that felt satisfying.

Oh poor Woo Jin.. what will this hold for his future? Ah Reum was acting like a clingy gf when her bf is out there saving lives for goodness sakes.

It looks like Master Kim's condition continues to decline.. who is Kang Dong Joo btw? I hope it's good news. And that assemblywoman I get she's still grieving but her life is at stake here. Is losing a limb worth bearing a grudge for!?

Also all lives matter. It doesn't mean 'cause you are a vip, you are above everyone. Unfortunately, it happens globally. Wealth and status - talks. It sucks.

• Blob 1

49 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

All Dr. Jang does is whine.

He's ISFP. In Dr Jang's book it explains it all...

He doesn't whine, he has hard time expressing his feelings, which Kim Sabu addressed in this episode. If he finds dr Jang funny enough to make jokes instead of being his serious self,  dr Jang is already growing and developing in the right direction in Kim Sabu's eyes. Let's trust his guts to pick the promising youngsters among the new doctors.

Definitely starts to warm up to Kim Sabu, compared to dr Cha who started on neutral ground with Kim Sabu, but now he's practically a hindrance at best. 

who is Kang Dong Joo btw?

The doctor with a lot of attitude from the first season who become Kim Sabu's student in Doldam Hospital after being transfered (and inspired to become a doctor by Kim Sabu himself as a teenager). Basically SWJ from the first season (but a different personality).

Is losing a limb worth bearing a grudge for!?

Grieving woman in a lot of pain, panic because something is happening to her body that she doesn't understand in a place where her son died after not being properly care for (from her perspective). With additional guilty for partially causing his death and powerlessness to take it out for anyone to feel a little better temporally... Are you honestly expect her to think rationally, not emotionally?

Ah Reum was acting like a clingy gf when her bf is out there saving lives for goodness sakes.

Hm, so it's completely normal for a man (a person in general, but we have a man here, so I'll just focus on "he") to think in a time of crisis about anyone else but a woman he wants to spend his life with?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, fieza1871 said:

ep 9 makes u cry but ep10 made u cry harder 

Both episodes were epic and the scenes where Dr Kim Sabu held on to Dr Woojin who were

agonizing in pain were so hurtfull that i cried along. 

All scenes were beautifully captured and  those doctors and nurses played their rolls so well

as though they were real doctors and nurses especially handling those medical equipments and

remember all the medical terms.  :heartxoxo:

Dr Lee & Dr Jang gave me a shocked when they can't even handle the ultra scan equipment, however with determination and never give up, they learned and finally make it.

By the way, I was having funny thoughts when they both were in the doctors lounge

undressing and lying on the couch :joy: I thought they were g*y.

No doubt Dr Jang seems to be in his own world & stubborn at times , he tried his very best

he can and finally won the hearts of SWJ & Kim Sabu, the same goes to Dr Lee who finally

get to hear good words from Dr Cha.

9 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Oh poor Woo Jin.. what will this hold for his future? was acting like a clingy gf when her bf is out there saving lives for goodness sakes.

It looks like Master Kim's condition continues to decline.. who is Kang Dong Joo btw? I hope it's good news. And that assemblywoman I get she's still grieving but her life is at stake here. Is losing a limb worth bearing a grudge for!?

the most precious body of a doctor is their hands, with that said, I'm sure SWJ is mentally and physically prepared that his career MIGHT be the end, but I am having another feelings

that Kim Sabu  who has been treating him as his prized son since S1 will never give up SWJ hopes.

• Like 3

Back from holiday!:lol: 

I read some comments with smile...*

^why do the writers want to keep killing SWJ^????

^why do the writers want to kill his hands^???

Man... yes why?... they want SWJ to leave the drama series is it? Haha...

I see less of SWJ and CEJ scenes and more of others... to me, yo writers what are you trying to do to our couple?? Why are they having less lovey dovey screen time together???

At least im glad in the next episode previous, its EunJae who pop out the question to get married with WooJin.. like yay! Go girl!...

Seeing the drama, such disaster response, (which was slow and bad) but the doctors dedication to save people... im skptic... most will not risk their lives in such circumstances... even the medical stuff that they do in the drama, i know its based on real medical cases, but, if it was the region im at  im sure none of the people will be able to be save in such dire circumstances coz they dont have the skills as the korean doctors do!... no offense, emergency response is terrible from what we have heard and read back home.... im sure it  due to lack of budget and skilled personnel, sigh.....

Ok one thing which is a question for me....

Why build a trauma centre building if youre not gonna fund its operation???? Silly isnt?... what will be the use of the building which is already standing if its not going to be used??? White elephant project???? What logic???

On 5/28/2023 at 12:23 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

New behind the scenes pictures :).

Why is this BTS is more feeling that the ones we get on screen????

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote tweets. Thanks!

18 hours ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

There's an on-going theory that

Excellent theory. However, if that were the case, JDH should be more interested in KSB instead of Doldam don't you think?

• Blob 1

48 minutes ago, dzareth said:

However, if that were the case, JDH should be more interested in KSB instead of Doldam don't you think?

Does he needs to have an interest in KSB to have connection to him?

If JDH was adopted and not informed of the details or didn't want to know more of the cause of death, then I don't think he even knows that KSB was involved...

Also his family forced him to be a doctor... It's both pretty common in the society, but might also be a unfinished dream of the other person that JDH should fulfill. 

On the other hand why protecting his walkman in the last episode (he seemed a bit in panic when he check if KSB saw the content label?). 

It's just a theory, so everything might be true or not have any significance.

• Like 1

JTBC DoctorCha actors and staffs reportedly will leave for Vietnam at the end of June for their reward vacation. The drama been receiving lot of love from viewers with almost 20% rating.

18 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Indeed... lets hope for a wedding scene in the end!

That would be awesome! :) lol.

Watch: Ahn Hyo Seop, Lee Sung Kyung, Han Suk Kyu, And More Show Close Attention To Detail While Filming “Dr. Romantic 3”

Watch: Ahn Hyo Seop, Lee Sung Kyung, Han Suk Kyu, And More Show Close Attention To Detail While Filming “Dr. Romantic 3”

“Dr. Romantic 3” has unveiled a new behind-the-scenes video!

SBS’s “Dr. Romantic” series follows the stories of realistic doctors working at a rundown hospital in the countryside. Season 3 features the return of Ahn Hyo Seop and Lee Sung Kyung alongside Han Suk KyuKim Min JaeSo Ju YeonJin KyungIm Won HeeByun Woo MinJung Ji Ahn, and more, joining several new cast members.

Ahn Hyo Seop and Lee Sung Kyung kick off the latest making-of clip with their restaurant scene. When they sit down to eat with Cha Eun Jae’s (Lee Sung Kyung’s) mother, who Seo Woo Jin (Ahn Hyo Seop) secretly invited, Cha Eun Jae suggests they leave. Ahn Hyo Seop replies with his line “They say this is a good steak restaurant” and Lee Sung Kyung makes everyone laugh with her honesty as she unexpectedly responds, “Really?”

While outside, the pair braves the hot sun while posing for the making camera and meticulously discussing their plan for the next scene. After a few takes, they’re joined by Kim Min Jae and Lee Shin Young. They’re forced to keep their greetings short as Ahn Hyo Seop ushers Kim Min Jae off with a laugh to go film his next scene with Lee Sung Kyung. During rehearsals, Kim Min Jae and Lee Sung Kyung show their professionalism as they get in sync while aiding a patient together.

Back at the hospital, Han Suk Kyu prepares with Lee Hong Nae as the latter gears up to perform his first ultrasound. Han Suk Kyu personally shows him how to use the tools, proving that he is a leader for the cast both on and off camera.

Filming continues with Han Suk Kyu’s emotional phone call where he learns that Ahn Hyo Seop’s character has gone dangerously deep into the site of a building collapse. Following his first try at the intense scene, Han Suk Kyu shows his dedication to perfection as he immediately calls for another take.

Catch the full making-of video below!

The next episode of “Dr. Romantic 3” airs on June 2 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1591058wpp/watch-ahn-hyo-seop-lee-sung-kyung-han-suk-kyu-and-more-show-close-attention-to-detail-while-filming-dr-romantic-3

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Hmm mysterious work from Dir. Park and Dr. Lee :ph34r: 

Tonight episode is building up the drama back from last week's high packed thrill but cant stop laughing w Dr. Yang. 

Dr. Kang will be appearing tomorrow ^_^

• Love 1

Spoiler

Lee Kyung Young’s Rage Leaves Han Suk Kyu Speechless In “Dr. Romantic 3”

Lee Kyung Young’s Rage Leaves Han Suk Kyu Speechless In “Dr. Romantic 3”

“Dr. Romantic 3” has teased an intense confrontation between Han Suk Kyu, Lee Kyung Young, Kim Joo Heon, and Im Won Hee!

The “Dr. Romantic” series follows the stories of realistic doctors working at a rundown hospital in the countryside. Season 3 features the return of Ahn Hyo Seop and Lee Sung Kyung alongside Han Suk Kyu, Kim Min JaeSo Ju YeonJin KyungIm Won HeeByun Woo MinJung Ji Ahn, and more, joining several new cast members.

In the previous broadcast, Cha Jin Man (Lee Kyung Young) left the hospital for a trial amid a situation of disaster, leading to conflict with Dr. Kim (Han Suk Kyu). While Cha Jin Man believed he was putting up a good fight on behalf of the doctors entangled in what he deemed a pointless lawsuit, Dr. Kim accused him of not fulfilling his duties as a doctor. Eventually, it was revealed that Cha Jin Man was only hired as the head of the trauma center as a plan B, surprising viewers.

Ahead of the drama’s new episode, “Dr. Romantic 3” unveiled stills previewing the tense air at Doldam Hospital due to the case regarding Cha Jin Man from three years ago. This leads to a meeting between the key personnel at Doldam, including chief of surgery Dr. Kim, director Park Min Guk (Kim Joo Heon), center head Cha Jin Man, and chief of administrative office Jang Ki Tae (Im Won Hee).

Amid this conflict, the atmosphere at Doldam Hospital has shifted. The latest stills depict the stiff tension between the hospital’s key personnel as they gather in one space. As Cha Jin Man pours out all his fury in front of everyone, Park Min Guk watches intently with a sharp gaze. As if looking through the situation, Dr. Kim’s eyes look intriguingly focused, leaving viewers wondering what he is thinking about. What exactly has made Cha Jin Man so angry and what’s going to happen now at Doldam Hospital?

Lee-Kyung-Young.jpegKim-Joo-Heon.jpegHan-Suk-Kyu.jpeg

Spoiler

Im-Won-Hee.jpeg

Catch this episode of “Dr. Romantic 3” on June 2 at 10 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1591387wpp/lee-kyung-youngs-rage-leaves-han-suk-kyu-speechless-in-dr-romantic-3

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 11 :).

“Dr. Romantic 3” Remains Most-Watched Show Of Friday With No. 1 Ratings

“Dr. Romantic 3” Remains Most-Watched Show Of Friday With No. 1 Ratings

SBS’s “Dr. Romantic 3” is holding steady as it heads into the final weeks of its run!

On June 2, the hit drama successfully defended its title as the most-watched program of Friday.

According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Dr. Romantic 3” scored an average nationwide rating of 13.4 percent—the same figure that it achieved last Friday.

“Dr. Romantic 3” also remained the most-watched show of Friday among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned an average rating of 4.6 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1591509wpp/dr-romantic-3-remains-most-watched-show-of-friday-with-no-1-ratings

Looking forward to see Kim Sabu's replica, Dr Kang.  Maybe it's just cameo. 

Prof Cha seems less irritating now. The first lawsuit he was in ended with his student killing himself. Now I understand why he was so determined to defend In-Soo. It was technically unnecessary for Prof Cha to appear in court but the morale of his subordinates will nose-dive if he didn't  protect the dignity of his team. 

I have less sympathy for Dr Seo though. He is one cowboy who breached all protocol. For his 'heroic' act and lack of training in disaster relief,  he has put a few others at risk while protecting/rescuing him. To save him, the medical team had to divert their resources from other patients. 

• Like 1