[Drama 2019-2020] Elegant Mother and Daughter/Gracious Revenge, 우아한 모녀

nohamahamoud2002

20 hours ago, tulip06 said:

The clothes in this show are GORGEOUS.  Especially Seo Eunha's coats.

what I like is how the 3 older ladies all have distinct styles.

8 hours ago, reydevan said:

I dont get why Mi Hyang onni does not want to tell the truth to her friend. Yes i know she feels guilty but after all these years im sure she wants her friend to be happy with her son right? And it's not like she even cares that EH wld be hurt cos she knows EH is evil. 

yea, I don't get it either. the nurse is feeling guilty whenever she's lucid and there are moments when she is mentally alert. is she afraid that if she tells the truth, then carrie will kick her out?

6 hours ago, crystaltears said:

ep 56 omg I died at this scene lmao the slow motion was cringe but I love it 

how do they just happen to land so that the two lips touch? :D

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

That happens in like 80% of dramas esp in the past. Im sure it happens like 1% in real life? And even if it happens, im sure your first reaction wld be to get up instead of staring into each other's eyes! LOL!

Honestly, i still find the so called romance betwn Danny and Sera random.Like they have to squeeze in a 3min part betwn them in evy eps.They should not have made Danny like Jenis at least. And can Danny and Sera run into each other at another place pls? I still think Sera is gonna fall for him first.

Waiting to know how the birth truth is going to come out. Nurse confesses first? EH makes a deal to reveal Carrie's son if Carrie tells her where her lost daughter is? Carrie confesses first if EH or IC decide to hurt Jenis badly and she wants to stop them? HJ or Sera overhear EH and IC talking about the birth secret? Omg, so many possibilities! And we have not one but two birth secrets!! People, do you have any other ways? Please comment away!

55 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

wait a minute, so this drama is like buy 1, get 1 free offer! :D

Hahaha yeah! And i find it weird that sometimes Jenis is so cold towards HJ and then suddenly on and off, she starts to be nice and smile-y. Same with HJ. 

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

yea, I don't get it either. the nurse is feeling guilty whenever she's lucid and there are moments when she is mentally alert. is she afraid that if she tells the truth, then carrie will kick her out?

Yes I also love the style of the 3 older ladies, but I notice in Korean dramas that don't make sense to me is, I understand product placement but they wear coats all day long in the office, home and while cooking. And go to bed with there clothes on. Love the fashions but at times they seem so out of place, because who wears outer wear inside for eight hours a day. JH mom looked like a cute little duck in her yellow coat. I think she is so pretty with her little tiny self.

Now as mean as the Doctor is, I can't wait to see what she will have on. I think she wears clothes really well, you can tell all three are sophisticated ladies. They just reek from head to toe how rich they are.

13 hours ago, reydevan said:

And i really pity YK. She seems to be 1 of the nicer ones in this whole thing.

she’s my favorite character! I feel so bad for her right now...

11 hours ago, crystaltears said:

That box at the end of the episode looked suspicious I thought there was a bomb in it..

And Carrie looked up too! 

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

I noticed that as well, great fashion choices!

3 hours ago, reydevan said:

People, do you have any other ways?

I feel like something drastic should happen. Like someone dying, or nearly dying...

Wow, that was an intense episode today!  We are sticking to 100 episodes, right?  If so, then we are getting to our last stretches, and things are coming to a head in the next few weeks.  

For those who haven't watched yet, be warned: J Thief is hilarious.

Another thought: this is a story of a "ghost" returning with a grudge.  No wonder we have exorcists!

10 hours ago, laura Washington said:

Yes I also love the style of the 3 older ladies, but I notice in Korean dramas that don't make sense to me is, I understand product placement but they wear coats all day long in the office, home and while cooking. And go to bed with there clothes on. 

Actually, after my many winter holidays, i reliase that i do not take off my coats in certain places cos it's still very cold indoors. Also, it's very troublesome to dress and undress at every place you go to so if im in that place for just a short while, i dont remove my coats. But i saw Jenis wearing her pretty purple dress to sleep so i find that abit weird though.

Ah ah....EH was telling IC n J thief that if they cannt hurt Carrie, they still have Jenis n Danny. So i think im right that they might plot something very serious against Jenis and that's when Carrie will be forced to confess to EH that she should stop it cos Jenis is her daughter. I don't see any other way that she will tell the truth cos she knows she will lose Jenis. Plus she is the only one who knows abt Jenis' birth secret unlike HJ's one cos 3 pple know abt it. I think HJ's secret will be out by the nurse. IC and EH are too evil to reveal the truth.

A good way to make Sera and Danny fall in love wld be Sera to protect him when something bad is about to happen to him cos of the 3 evil pple above. IC n EH will feel very guilty too if Sera gets injured cos of them.

Dr. Seo warned Mihyang not to say anything as she is an accomplice since she took money from SEH to send her daughter to the US for treatment. I feel Mihyang is greedy too because she was angry that SEH backed out from continuing to pay for her daughter's treatment.

Just saw tmr's preview and Danny-ah Danny, why are you doing this?

Another theory - What if IC and EH find out that Carrie never had another guy after her husband passed away and begin to suspect that Jenis is their daughter, maybe do a DNA test? Though i doubt the writer wld want to repeat the same scenario again.

Don't know why but the more i look at Jenis and Sera, the more im beginning to find them pretty. Esp Sera. LOL!!

20 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Another thought: this is a story of a "ghost" returning with a grudge.  No wonder we have exorcists!

in one of the previous episode, they actually had ghost type music while eun ha realized that carry might be miyun. :D LOL.... so you may be right on that one!

J thief was both amusing and pathetic. he was full on panicking when he realized yoo kyung was hurt but she hilariously does a "hmmm" and cuts the call. LOL. it is actually kind of sweet how yoo kyung sees it so simply -- just apologize. it was interesting how she immediately says that if the elders don't apologize, then the kids will get hurt. up till that point, it never struck eun ha about yoo ra.

11 hours ago, reydevan said:

Ah ah....EH was telling IC n J thief that if they cannt hurt Carrie, they still have Jenis n Danny. So i think im right that they might plot something very serious against Jenis and that's when Carrie will be forced to confess to EH that she should stop it cos Jenis is her daughter.

yea, thats what I think will happen as well.

22 hours ago, reydevan said:

Hahaha yeah! And i find it weird that sometimes Jenis is so cold towards HJ and then suddenly on and off, she starts to be nice and smile-y. Same with HJ. 

this is called thunderbolt love! like thunder, it comes and goes! hahahah... no seriously, even I have no clue why these two are whiplash. guess, we are supposed to feel like they can't help but like each other but it just comes across as two very indecisive people.

I don't know if anyone else asked this already, I noticed a few times in the drama but why does Carrie sleep on that sofa/chair instead of her actual bed? like at ep 58 25:56 I see her like that whenever she has a nightmare about Yoo Jin. Is there a reason for this I forgot earlier in the drama? :huh:

20 minutes ago, crystaltears said:

I don't know if anyone else asked this already, I noticed a few times in the drama but why does Carrie sleep on that sofa/chair instead of her actual bed? like at ep 58 25:56 I see her like that whenever she has a nightmare about Yoo Jin. Is there a reason for this I forgot earlier in the drama? :huh:

Yeah i thought about that too. Maybe the camera angle? Hahah! 

14 hours ago, reydevan said:

Does J thief really love his wife? I thought no but he seemed very concerned when she was injuried. 

I think he does. she always seems like more than a meal ticket to him. if she was just a meal ticket, hae joon wouldn't annoy him so much. he would just ignore the two of them, move the company in his name somehow and wandered off a long time ago. part of his problem with hae joon is that he thinks hae joon is the love child (so a child of someone she loved) and therefore, resents the attention she gives hae joon. he sees hae joon as competition because he loves yoo kyung and feels annoyed that these two are a duo while he is left out of the group.

3 hours ago, crystaltears said:

it was one of the early episodes where jenis mentioned that carrie hasn't slept in a bed for years and has always suffered from nightmares. hence, she has been sleeping on the sofa for years because thats the only way she manages to fall asleep a little. it is part of the reason why jenis has always felt so terrible and she feels the need for revenge. jenis feels compelled to give her mother peace and sleep.

ep 58 thoughts ~ omo, sera sounds like a wannabe-psychotic murderer when she tells carrie that she never wants to see her sister and if carrie did kidnap her, please don't return her. ummm, what? now, with such psychos, there's no way that carrie will ever feel at ease when jenis finds out the truth. this is such a messed up family. so it looks like carrie is now going to be pins and needles hoping the truth about yoo jin does not come out. it will be interesting to see eun ha's reaction when she realizes that she attempted to murder her own daughter at one point while inchul just watched. yup, total psycho family. hope they give a realistic unraveling and not a drama reunion where everyone is happily reunited. that would be just weird!

much as danny and sera's interactions are kind of cute, it is hard to forget that she is a total psycho like in this episode. hardly a healthy pairing!

Archived