Quantcast
angelangie

[Official Thread] Wang Yi Bo 王一博

hahaha this is my fav clips :P not because of anything else, all because my GuiGui is in it hahahhaa....

and i love YiBo comment when they asked GuiGui on what type of guys she like :D

to me YiBo reaction was a very normal reaction however the way it came out and the way they do it...they do make it more than what it appear to be :D 

This is a great clip where you get to see what Yibo would be like on a blind date:

But I would actually recommend watching the entire episode so you can compare/contrast all the blind dates that took place in this episode.  It's actually a really fun episode.  They did a similar type of episode several months later, which I also really enjoyed.  This time Yibo got to be with the other MCs on the panel and I just had fun watching his expressions the entire time, haha.  He even spoke up... twice!  Towards the end.  Because even he couldn't stand what they were watching.  LOL. 

Speaking of what Boyfriend Yibo would be like, this is my favorite DDU episode (and it's subbed!).  The first 40 minutes are Pure Gold entertainment.  And then there's a nice documentary that follows for a bit after the first part of the episode that covers Yibo's participation in this past summer's ARRC:

• Like 2

This is a nice compilation video of classic Yibo moments.  I think my favorite ones are where they show him saying something and then the people around him don't know how to continue the conversation.  It reminds me of a recent episode where Li Yuchun guested and the MCs tell the two of them to try talking to each other because they're both renowned introverts and, well, let's just say: it's a struggle.  Haha!

I also like the first part of this episode because you get to see the DDU MCs living together for a night.

This episode also has some great Yibo moments:

My favorite moment is when he's made to perform a skit to demonstrate how he'd handle a high-maintenance spouse. The "wife" pouts and when he asks what's wrong, she says she's not happy because she hasn't had anything good to eat lately, and he just says, "Then go find something."  Which, honestly, is pretty much what I would say too.  :D 

Anyhoo... that's it from me (for now).  As I mentioned earlier, watching these episodes is often like searching for the golden Yibo nugget moments so it's hard to recommend episodes when really it's just one short bit that captures my attention.  Oh, but that does remind me.  I should share the best moment from this past week's episode (I've linked the video to start at the golden Yibo nugget moment):

• Like 2

This is a good Actor vs Character analysis for Wang Yibo in The Untamed. There are 4 videos dedicated to Wang Yibo  :love:

The comparison between Actor Wang Yibo's Lan Wangji and the character in the book.

1st on 8 July 2019

2nd on 29 July

3rd and 4th is in Bilibili

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av64526544

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av66127490

As my Mandarin is not so good, I can only understand bits here and there. I particularly love the 3rd and 4th as she focuses more on her detail analysis pointing out what we missed, especially Yibo's microexpressions, and the difference in expressions in different scenes. I'm truly impressed by Yibo's acting ability in protraying Lan Wangji.

Enjoy!!

Edited by Michelleho71
  • Like 1

I started watching after reading that there's no BL. Then watched it with an open mind, innocently thinking it's love and care between family, brothers and soulmates... :P

Spoiler

After 40+ episodes, it was revealed that Lanzhan cares so much for Weiying has something to do with Lanzhan's mother! Omo!

On 9/13/2019 at 3:02 PM, angelangie said:

dunno i could never bring myself to watch it.....seeing couple of pictures seems pretty okie for me....however just not the drama itself i guess :) 

Haha... Just watch it with an open mind :P 

On 9/26/2019 at 9:55 AM, themarchioness said:

Speaking of what Boyfriend Yibo would be like, this is my favorite DDU episode (and it's subbed!).  The first 40 minutes are Pure Gold entertainment.  And then there's a nice documentary that follows for a bit after the first part of the episode that covers Yibo's participation in this past summer's ARRC:

This was the only episode I've seen from beginning to end... agree it's a good one!  I will definitely add the other episodes to my to watch list.  Too bad not more of these are subbed.. I feel like I miss a lot trying to watch variety shows without subs.

On 9/26/2019 at 9:55 AM, themarchioness said:

This is a great clip where you get to see what Yibo would be like on a blind date:

I watched the subbed clips of that date and felt kinda bad for the girl but the whole thing was hilarious!  It's like Yibo has no filter and just says whatever pops into his head.

Speaking of no filter, this little gem totally cracked me up. :lol:

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote vids
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, owlstar said:

Too bad not more of these are subbed.. I feel like I miss a lot trying to watch variety shows without subs.

You're not alone.  I find watching C-variety shows without subs difficult sometimes, but Yibo is worth the effort.  :P 

12 hours ago, owlstar said:

I watched the subbed clips of that date and felt kinda bad for the girl but the whole thing was hilarious!  It's like Yibo has no filter and just says whatever pops into his head.

Haha, I kind of love his lack of filter.  It's refreshing how he just speaks what's on his mind and doesn't play games.  It's also worth noting what happens after those subbed clips.  Going off my memory here, but they go out to join the MCs, the guest panel, and the other couples who have already gone before them.  The guest panel greets them by complimenting Eleanor on her efforts to keep the conversation going and then they ask Yibo if he's ever been in a relation before.  He says he has and they ask him who did all the talking.  He supposes it was the girl who did more of the talking, and his response prompts the guest panel to basically say, "Oh, we see, he's just like this," whereas the MCs, who know him well, say, "See?  This is just how he is."  And poor Yibo stands there and asks, "Is there something wrong with me?"  :sweatingbullets:  The show also rewinds back to the end of the meal and this time, we see that when Yibo asked if it was time to go, he was actually responding to the PD who had called time on them, so it wasn't self-initiated as originally portrayed.  

As for Yibo's comment to Show Luo, haha, thank you for reminding me of that clip.  I can't say anything though... I totes did that to a coworker earlier this week.  It was also not appreciated by the other party.  :lol:

Speaking of Produce 101 though, this vid is worth sharing.  He's a great mentor:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i wonder does YiBo goes everywhere with his skateboard? :)

Yes.  And if he could, I bet he'd take his motorcycle everywhere too.  :P 

• LOL 1

6 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

lols no wonder i always saw him holding his skateboards everywhere he went lols....

maybe in future where they are able to fold the bicycle to as small as a keychain ;) 

• Like 1

He was recording for the skateboarding show One More Try, right? I thought the recording was completed? I only watched until ep 5 where his taiwanese co-star in previous drama was the guest leading the third team. 

On 9/27/2019 at 11:26 AM, themarchioness said:

He was recording for the skateboarding show One More Try, right? I thought the recording was completed? I only watched until ep 5 where his taiwanese co-star in previous drama was the guest leading the third team. 

On 9/27/2019 at 10:49 AM, angelangie said:

i wonder does YiBo goes everywhere with his skateboard? :)

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not Quote Twitter

1 hour ago, Michelleho71 said:

He was recording for the skateboarding show One More Try, right? I thought the recording was completed? 

He was participating in that show, but I don't think that's the only reason he carries the skateboard around with him. I think he has a sincere interest in skateboarding and likes taking it around with him to practice and use as an outlet during his downtime.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, themarchioness said:

You'd win that bet lol.  :lol:

Haha, I kind of love his lack of filter.  It's refreshing how he just speaks what's on his mind and doesn't play games.  It's also worth noting what happens after those subbed clips.  

I just watched the part of the show following his date, and poor Yibo, he totally got edited to look bad!  He was like a deer in headlights lol, but adorably.  I'm surprised he's actually been in a relationship before, since he always seems so so awkward around girls.  And I totally agree with you, I love his lack of filter as well, and I like that he managed to stay that way despite all his years in the industry (and it also makes him super fun to watch :P).

Speaking of Produce 101 though, this vid is worth sharing.  He's a great mentor:

Yes!  His story about getting myocarditis and being so happy just to be able to work hard to get back on his feet was really touching too.  Pretty faces are a dime a dozen, but I have huge respect for talent and hard work, and he's got them both in spades.  He's got serious work ethic, which is probably why he excels at everything he does.  Pretty amazing and rare in someone so young.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

tonight DayDay Up will be in sync with the China Golden Week holiday 

the clips of YiBo flagging the Red Flag is awesome :) 

cB2JZ8PJnvNyOcZX75sMYR8Ak3mtoNQnbbt4rL4w

• Like 1

11 hours ago, angelangie said:

the clips of YiBo flagging the Red Flag is awesome :) 

Yibo waving the flag is shuai!  :wub:

But there are some other golden Yibo nugget moments in this episode where Yibo is being . . . well, Yibo.  :lol:

For example, there's the part where the MCs play a game to test their chemistry.  GTH goes first while the others wait in a bus.  He guesses that QF will be the next to get off the bus, but it's Yibo.  Since they fail they're both ushered back to the bus to start over.  They explain to the others what happened and the older MCs say, "No problem, we'll go by age then."  So this time Yibo goes out first and when he meets the person who gives them the question, he innocently reveals, "We've already discussed things."  So of course she says she'll have to change the question then, and asks him to guess which foot the next person to get off the bus will land with.  He guesses left and when GTH lands with his left foot, celebrates.  The others on the bus don't realize he already revealed their plan so when they see him celebrating, they praise his acting skills as they think he's trying to not let on that they had already planned for GTH to be then next person to get off the bus.  LOL.

Once they're back in the studio, there's also a part where it's revealed that there are transcribers in the audience who have been typing out everything they've said.  Immediately, everyone starts joking and teasing that Yibo's transcriber must've had the easiest job.  They're surprised though when she reveals that he had over 800 words (Yibo, himself, was especially impressed) and even more surprised when it's revealed GTH spoke a handful of words less than him.  For context sake though, DZW spoke something like 2500+ words and QF was just under 3000.  The main MC Han Ge was in the 7000!  (And he joked that despite his efforts he's paid the same as the others.)  What was most hilarious, however, was they took a look at Yibo's transcript and it's revealed that most of his "words" were all nonverbal reactions like, "Oh," "En," "Mm."  It also recorded the sidebar conversations that he frequently has with DZW, and his longest sentence was the one he had to recite for the sponsorship ad at the beginning of the show.  No wonder why it didn't feel like he'd said a lot despite his 800+ words... he really hadn't!  LOL.  

• Naughty 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

ezgif.com-optimize-143fbf954ff1e5303.gif 

Who knew flag waving was such a... stimulating activity lol.  :wub::wub:

So this time Yibo goes out first and when he meets the person who gives them the question, he innocently reveals, "We've already discussed things."  

I saw this clip but I thought it was from an older episode.  He looks so young!  Maybe it was all the hair flipping. :lol:

Once they're back in the studio, there's also a part where it's revealed that there are transcribers in the audience who have been typing out everything they've said.  What was most hilarious, however, was they took a look at Yibo's transcript and it's revealed that most of his "words" were all nonverbal reactions like, "Oh," "En," "Mm." 

This was so hilarious and such classic Yibo! :D

• LOL 1

2 hours ago, themarchioness said:

true true.....very the 帅!!!!

not to mention i love something that border on the tradition however they still maintain the new world concept......somehow it reflect in me how they havent forgotten their roots :) 

I seen him commenting and how he very momentum just go with the flow.....it wasnt intentional however it was almost like someone post a questions and he will answer in the most logical sense possible....

however his most logical sense possible sometimes make him so cute you want to pinch him :D