[Drama 2019-2020] Selection: The War Between Women, 간택 - 여인들의 전쟁

0ly40

Text previews for Episode 11 (thanks to lighthoney1610 for the translation);

Eunbo is shocked when Baek Jayong threatens her to kill the King while making her mother as hostage. Meanwhile, without knowing anything, Kyung take Eunbo to the place full of his memories. Both are describing/talking about the happy future together...

Kyung had a dream again about Eunbo. For all this time he felt strange where is the old dead Queen Eunki, the girl’s(Eunbo) appearances one by one, it starts to come to mind.

Eventually, he heads to Eunbo’s chamber to confirm his suspicions!!!

So looks like finally Kyung is going to find out about Eun Bo. Thank heavens they aren't dragging it until the end:w00t::w00t::w00t:

The last day of filming was on the 22nd January.  This director works quickly as they only started filming mid-September! 

Coffee truck from JSY fans for the last day of filming:heart:

New making video (thank you to lighthoney1610 IG for the English subs:):

So much respect for the whole drama team because it is absolutely freezing:tears:

Another translated clip from their vLive (thanks to lighthoney1610 IG. They are so funny:lol:

17 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Wow... this is the real beginning of the war in the palace.

Of course LK wants to spend the night with EB.

I liked her smile when he told her that. 

But the king may have to spend the night with the queen too.

It is a state matter.

I dont know how LK can get out of it.

They are so adorable and in love! Kyung is so excited for their first night together.  He keeps mentioning it and Eun Bo is so cute and pure:wub:

I wondered if he might get out of bedding the Queen by having the shaman say he is in poor health because of his dreams or something...but only on the Queen's night lol! He will suddenly be extremely healthy when it's Eun Bo's night:lol:;):P

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New article on Naver about our KyungBo OTP and 4 levels of Royal Palace Romance:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003260729

lighthoney1610 translated part of it and looks like we have lots of romance to look forward to:wub::wub::wub:

The 4 levels are: Protect, Confront, Confess and Be Together:heart:

New Making Video:):

“Queen: Love And War” Cast Shares Lunar New Year Greetings And Behind-The-Scenes Photos

TV Chosun’s “Queen: Love and War” has revealed new behind-the-scenes photos of the cast!

“Queen: Love and War” tells the story of Kang Eun Bo (played by Jin Se Yeon), a woman who wants to bring her twin sister’s murderer to justice. To do that, she has to compete with every eligible noblewoman at the palace to win the heart of King Lee Kyung (Kim Min Kyu), who has been troubled with strange dreams after being shot in the head.

Along with the photos, the cast shared their greetings and well wishes for everyone in the lunar new year.

Jin Se Yeon said, “I’m happy I could spend the new year with ‘Queen: Love and War.’ The drama is now about halfway done, and I hope you’ll stick with the drama to the end. Happy new year!” Kim Min Kyu said, “I hope you have a happy new year, and that you have safe travels. Have a lot of good food and good times with family, and I hope you’ll tune in to ‘Queen: Love and War’ over the holiday.”

A source from “Queen: Love and War” revealed that the drama will be broadcast as scheduled over the lunar new year holiday. “We hope you have a fun holiday, and that ‘Queen: Love and War’ will add enjoyment to your family gathering.”

“Queen: Love and War” airs Saturdays and Sundays at 10:50 p.m. KST.

queen-love-and-war-0.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1379211wpp/queen-love-and-war-cast-shares-lunar-new-year-greetings-and-behind-the-scenes-photos

New stills for episode 11:kiss_wink::

New Year's greetings from Jin Se Yeon and Kim Min Kyu:heart:

I was just rewatching episode 10 and it was so so sad in the scene before the marriage ceremony/concubine induction ceremony Young ji and Song Yi had their families with them to prepare but Eun Bo was sitting in the room completely alone with no one to support or comfort her.  Poor Eun Bo has suffered so much and now that snake, Baek Ja Yong, is threatening the only family she has left:bawling:

I am always eager and happy to see news, stills for episodes, clips, anything that has to do with this drama.

Hopefully EB will come clean with Kyung  in this week's episode.  Only when there is no more secrets between the two, their problems and manipulation by the evil ministers and grand prince can be put to a stop.

Thank you for posting.

https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/116243235.html?weibo_id=4464768406753791

Yes, she told him everything. He knows she’s Eun Bo now. She asked to see him one last time thinking he’s going to kick her out of the palace. He asks what he is to her and if she ever loved him and she said she did and she still does. He says he doesn’t believe her bc a woman who loves him wouldn’t try to poison him. She tells him then her cup of tea was also poisoned because if they can’t be together alive then she wanted to die with him. She says she doesn’t expect him to believe her now though. Then she goes to leave and he asks why she isn’t begging him for another chance and for him to believe her. Of course she feels she doesn’t deserve another chance and then he asks her what if I tell you that I want to try to believe you again? “Then I would love only you for the rest of my life.” 

Episode 12 trailer;):

4 hours ago, lizzyd said:

Yes, she told him everything. He knows she’s Eun Bo now. She asked to see him one last time thinking he’s going to kick her out of the palace. He asks what he is to her and if she ever loved him and she said she did and she still does. He says he doesn’t believe her bc a woman who loves him wouldn’t try to poison him. She tells him then her cup of tea was also poisoned because if they can’t be together alive then she wanted to die with him. She says she doesn’t expect him to believe her now though. Then she goes to leave and he asks why she isn’t begging him for another chance and for him to believe her. Of course she feels she doesn’t deserve another chance and then he asks her what if I tell you that I want to try to believe you again? “Then I would love only you for the rest of my life.” 

Thank you very much for the translation! :heart: That was so beautiful! I watched the clip raw more times than I can count:flushed: but I didn't know what they were saying.  Even after she tried to poison him and he is feeling angry and betrayed, it's obvious Kyung still loves her so much:wub:

@raziela Thanks for posting the preview for tomorrow. I’m happy the poor guy finally gets to have a wedding night (10 years waiting) but I am even happier that he finally calls her Eun Bo. Plus, I wouldn’t be surprised if something happens during that scene and nothing really happens so I’m not going to look forward to it too much. 

Honestly, I don't see war between women until now....not like in " The Empress Ki"

The Queen can do nothing bc The King is smart, strong and .....powerful !

Even The Dowager Queen can't control him and she's always be on his side !

Consort Kim is helperless !!!!! She had many actions before the selection but now...

she doesn't dare to go searching in his bedroom like someone here request :grin:

Follow the law, all the King's women must stay ay their chamber and wait until his coming !

and there's no law to oblige the King to go to where and where....he goes where he wants

except if he's afraid of the rumors but in this case, LK isn't kha kha kha he is strong right I'd like it hihihi

I searched news about the writer of this drama but I found nothing ????

btw in almost koreans dramas, the writers seek all the serious problems in the world to give

for the leading roles ( man or woman) and these problems will be solves in.............last ep !!!

like in TMETS !

Here EB had already many problems : her father is a traitor, she went to the selection with a fake name,

a fake identity, ... and now she tried poisonning the King ?????!!  even she has a good reason and tried killing

herself but if Kim family or Jo find out......it's the end for her. even LK loves her so much he can't save her !

What's the hell is this story ??!!!! Until now, even Me, I can't tolerate her !

she should believe LK and tell him; he already save her mother once he'll do the same this one !

and go searching the doctor to ask about the poison undiscret ?????

The writer makes so much troubles and now, she (he) solves very quickly bc there's left 5 ep only !

I like MK's acting, it's good, it seems this drama is for only him !

There is also the question of if LK knew how EB was seperated from her family and was raised by the Shaman lady.  Of course, the evil Kim minister is the culprit.  Now the Kim's are planning to poison EB so that she can never conceive. 

It does make more sense if EB goes directly to the King for help than giving in to blackmail order of poisoning him (then followed by her own suicide to be dead with the king).  I think the writer is doing this to settle  EB identity issue and at the same time creating a huge major conflict that the outcome is to bring our OTP much closer together.  I am happy that that we get to see that happy ending to episode 11.

I hope the plot moving forward is for EB to be strong and wise, outsmart all the schemers, so she does not have to rely on the king too much to rescue her . The king's health is not doing well. It will be nice to see the role between EB and the King reversed a bit, EB protecting the King.

Let there be a good ending to EB and the King's story.!

After watching ep 12 no sub hehehehe .............I'm a little disappointed

as I said the writer seeked too much the problems and now she's toooo much tired

so she should solve the problems she created urgently and clumsy bc there's not much eps left

it says : elephant's head  with mickey's tail !!!!! a little shame but a lot of korean dramas are like that

No one told the thruth to the King and now everyone open their cards even EB ????!!!

In ep 12 Beack Ya Yong problem....solved !

I think in 2 eps next week, they'll solve Jo family & LJH

Kim family problem will be solve in ep 15

and ba da boum; happy ending in ep 16

I'd like there're more romantic scenes between LK & EB but .....no time left; c'est dommage !!!!

but I'll follow into the end 

End of ep 12 is quite suspense? Who did he shoot? Queen's maid took the bullet? Is it the same type of bullet used by the gunman to kill her twin thereby linking him to the present queen?

Just hope King will get another dream and forwarned about the medicine put inside EB's drink! Nice if King made the other concubine drink the potion instead?.

I think maybe EB's maid will take the bullet for her "boss" !

Hope our King will have some vacations in the end

he'll have a .............burn-out for sure 

poor LK, when we see him we'll see right away a phrase on his fronce

" I'm in love ' :blush:

Let's analyze the Kiss Ep 11.

- Eunuch covered his face knowing the King kissed Consort Hong, hahaha it's a real delight. Reminds me when I was a kid.

- It's their first kiss. It seems to me that he smooch smooch it several times. If I were there directing the scene, I would ask KimMinKyu to move/tilt his head left and right, left and right. :D

- It's in the open space and broad daylight. Sadly they did not continue it through the night.

- The Queen should cover her face too, run and scream "JeonHaaaaaa..."

I like this series, but the ending to the latest episode is a bit disappointing.  On one hand, it's good the evil minister and the queen' finally make their move again, and they will be caught.  Yet it is very stupid of EB  to place herself right in the middle and the front.  She makes herself to be the easiest target.  She at least should make an attempt to find cover/hide, and shouldn't all the servants have to come to the front to protect the queen and the concubines

Now that the evil minister and grand prince will be defeated soon, what remains to be taken care of is the Kim's.  My guess is the poison placed in EB's drinks will probably be revealed in one of the King's dreams.  The poor King' never gets a good night sleep and his  health seems to be really deteriorating from all these dreams.  I only hope he survives at the end. 

@PororoQueen Totally agree with your analysis and I too was wondering why haven’t we given a bed scene after that heart felt kiss. I really thought that the king should of stayed for the night after running to her after one of his premonition dream of EB being shot. Surprisingly no forehead kisses yet.

Why does Baek Ja Young think it’s impossible to start a new world or beginning with the king? There’s only 4 more episodes left. Looks like things will be rushed to resolve. Glad to see the king character development in the 2 lastest episodes. Crossing my fingers that PdNim gives us a much deserved romance like he did in his last project “Grand Prince.”

@diane90 Yes, there are still so many problems to solve including the big one of Eun Bo faking her identity as Hong Yeon and as her sister as nobody outside her family knows Eun Bo exists.  Still waiting for them to explain that prophecy too!  This drama really needed to be about 20 episodes and, yes, we need more romantic scenes between our KyungBo couple. 

You asked about the writer: she is a rookie but she did win a writing prize.  I agree KMK's acting especially in the last couple of episodes has been very impressive as he had had to portray a multitude of emotions.  I thought he started the drama a little shakily as it's his first sageuk and lead role but he has improved every episode and he is really good now.  I think the whole cast is great.  The only exception is the actress who plays Jo Young Ji.  She is really out of her depth with this role IMO.

On 1/26/2020 at 12:30 PM, kdramafan1 said:
Spoiler

There is also the question of if LK knew how EB was seperated from her family and was raised by the Shaman lady.  Of course, the evil Kim minister is the culprit.  Now the Kim's are planning to poison EB so that she can never conceive. 

It does make more sense if EB goes directly to the King for help than giving in to blackmail order of poisoning him (then followed by her own suicide to be dead with the king).  I think the writer is doing this to settle  EB identity issue and at the same time creating a huge major conflict that the outcome is to bring our OTP much closer together.  I am happy that that we get to see that happy ending to episode 11.

I hope the plot moving forward is for EB to be strong and wise, outsmart all the schemers, so she does not have to rely on the king too much to rescue her . The king's health is not doing well. It will be nice to see the role between EB and the King reversed a bit, EB protecting the King.

Let there be a good ending to EB and the King's story.!

EB didn't go directly to the king because she was scared he would punish her and the people she was trying to protect would suffer too.  She still wasn't sure of his feelings for her but, as you said, the whole conflict led to the truth being revealed and actually brought them closer together. 

I thought it was telling of how much Lee Kyung loves her that as furious and betrayed as he was after the poisoning attempt he was STILL protecting her the whole episode from anyone else finding out what had happened, shutting down any discussion and refusing to reveal any details, only putting her under house arrest when a crime of poisoning the King would have put her in jail or tortured to death, hiding the poison, trying to get the story out of Wal and Hong Ki Ho, going back to speak to EB, forgiving Yeol Woo so EB doesn't lose the only person she has in the palace, making sure her mother was safe. Even at the very end of episode 11 with their confrontation when EB is apologetic and willing to take any punishment, it's Kyung who tells her he wants to believe her.  Eun Bo is a a very fortunate girl to have a man who loves her that much!:wub:

About EB being strong you can definitely see a shift back to her old personality in episode 12.  I think all the lies on lies on lies, hiding her true self and the BJY/LJH blackmail and she was also not sure if Kyung loved her or her sister and it was weighing on her spirit.  Now she has revealed herself to Kyung, knows Kyung loves and supports her and all the people she needed to protect are now safe she is more confident again as we saw in her dealings with Young Ji and her father in episode 12.  I hope EB finds out about his illness soon.

On 1/27/2020 at 2:33 PM, diane90 said:

I

Spoiler

think maybe EB's maid will take the bullet for her "boss" !

Hope our King will have some vacations in the end

he'll have a .............burn-out for sure 

poor LK, when we see him we'll see right away a phrase on his fronce

" I'm in love ' :blush:

Yes, poor king must be exhausted but he is re-energised whenever he sees EB.  He was in such a good mood after the kiss:lol:

On 1/27/2020 at 8:51 PM, PororoQueen said:

Let's analyze the Kiss Ep 11.

Spoiler

- Eunuch covered his face knowing the King kissed Consort Hong, hahaha it's a real delight. Reminds me when I was a kid.

- It's their first kiss. It seems to me that he smooch smooch it several times. If I were there directing the scene, I would ask KimMinKyu to move/tilt his head left and right, left and right. :D

- It's in the open space and broad daylight. Sadly they did not continue it through the night.

- The Queen should cover her face too, run and scream "JeonHaaaaaa..."

:lol: Eunuch Hwang's reaction was so cute and funny. He is such an entertaining character!  Young Ji is so delusional. She had probably thought she was finally in with a chance after the house arrest saga - even though Kyung has made his feelings clear to her.

Kyung has been controlling himself for a long time.  He's been waiting and in love with her for ten years! No wonder the kiss was so passionate:wub::wub::wub:

On 1/27/2020 at 9:03 PM, kdramafan1 said:

I like this series, but the ending to the latest episode is a bit disappointing.  On one hand, it's good the evil minister and the queen' finally make their move again, and they will be caught.  Yet it is very stupid of EB  to place herself right in the middle and the front.  She makes herself to be the easiest target.  She at least should make an attempt to find cover/hide, and shouldn't all the servants have to come to the front to protect the queen and the concubines

Now that the evil minister and grand prince will be defeated soon, what remains to be taken care of is the Kim's.  My guess is the poison placed in EB's drinks will probably be revealed in one of the King's dreams.  The poor King' never gets a good night sleep and his  health seems to be really deteriorating from all these dreams.  I only hope he survives at the end. 

I agree I was underwhelmed by the cliffhanger at the end.  Firstly, the soldiers who were supposed to protect them were useless. They are all waving guns around but doing nothing with them and they weren't even protecting the women properly.  They should have gathered them closer together, have them crouch down and covered them properly from the front but they were just standing around them with lots of gaps making all of them nice and easy targets. And the women-especially EB-all just standing there staring was annoying:rolleyes:

I agree the anti-fertility drug will be the downfall of the Kims.  I am so worried about Kyung's health and the fact that he is putting off getting treatment.  He looks so unwell in the next episode:bawling:

On 1/27/2020 at 10:06 PM, emmaleigh said:

@PororoQueen Totally agree with your analysts and I too was wondering why haven’t we given a bed scene after that heart felt kiss. I really thought that the king should of stayed for the night after running to her after one of his premonition dream of EB being shot. Surprisingly no forehead kisses yet.

Why does Baek Ja Young think it’s impossible to start a new world or beginning with the king? There’s only 4 more episodes left. Looks like things will be rushed to resolve. Glad to see the king character development in the 2 lastest episodes. Crossing my fingers that PdNim gives us a much deserved romance like he did in his last project “Grand Prince.”

They both looked so beautiful together in their fancy night clothes:heart: I thought he would stay the night too!  If not the consummation, then at least a little sleepover and snuggles and forehead kiss would be  nice. I do like how they act like a married couple now, discussing everything whilst holding hands^_^

I think Baek Ja Yong is just a fanatic.  He can only see things his way and won't consider that there might be alternatives.  Even Kang Yi Soo who actually wrote the Theory of Enlightenment felt that the King was their hope for the future and a long time supporter like Hong Ki Ho can see the error of their methods and the potential of the King.  Speaking of Baek Ja Yong,  did anyone think episode 12 when Lee Jae Hwa got all emotional abouts his suicide was kind of random?  Suddenly, LJH revealed all this new info that BJY was like a surrogate father to him and rescued him from his abusive father and LJH is all broken hearted about leaving him behind.  There was no evidence of this relationship in any of their previous scenes together!  They just seemed like political allies.  The writer should have used some of the numerous scenes of them conspiring in their hideout to develop their relationship a bit more then the scene in episode 12 might have had more emotional resonance. It's  a shame because I actually think Baek Ja Yong was an interesting character and having a bit more understanding of his backstory with LJH would have helped develop both their characters and the rebellion aspect of the plot better.

Not sure  how much romance we will get with all the various plotlines to untangle and only four episodes left :(I love this OTP so I am definitely crossing my fingers for more romance too:w00t:

Quickly caught up with ep. 11 and 12 last night, and I agree with all of you. I've really enjoyed the drama thus far, but ep. 12 particularly was suddenly underwhelming. There were plenty likable points of course, like the anticipated kissing scene, Kyung being furious after discovering EB's identity yet still helplessly in love with her,  Kyung putting JYJ in her place (harsh but well-deserved), etc. But there were less than satisfactory parts too like @raziela mentioned above, the sudden revelation about BJY and LJH's relationship. We weren't allowed to develop any attachment to their relationship beyond being conspirators so the plot fell flat. GP's blind loyalty to JYJ too was ridiculous, and it wasn't helped by how weirdly incredulous the scene at the end of ep.12 was. Everyone was just standing there, waiting for what? PDnim/Writer-nim should've used a different setup.

All that said, I still enjoy the drama, and hopefully we get an enjoyable ending. I don't mind a sad ending either, as long as it makes sense and serves to conclude/complete the whole story.

Archived