[Drama 2020] Nobody Knows, 아무도 모른다

0ly40

I was only able to catch up with ep5 and 6. Things seems to be moving too slowly for me. 

I'm starting to dislike BSH, on the outside he seems nice acting cool with the kids and all but he has an ulterior motive especially with EH paying his hosp bills and having installed a listening device under his bed. The other character that is not to my liking is SunWoo. Not because he is bad but for a teacher he just plain clueless and his expression are too animated at times.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

After watching the last episode RAW, I have the impression that BSH is trying to raise an army of young people who were victims of injustice due to their social situation (neglected or abandoned children from a low social class). It was as if he was aiming at creating a new belief/religion which would explain why he wanted to become the chairman of NLC and why JHK is running away from him. The latter is a really strong believer and I doubt that he would accept BSH's new philosophy.

The fact that BSH is now approaching DM and the caregiver was the student whom LSW wronged in the past, are huge indications that BSH is really dangerous despite his laughing and smiles. The preview showed that LSW will become a target and I suspect that YJ will appear on time to save him. Striking is that YJ had the reflex to put between DM and BSH. It was as if she was protecting the student from the chairman. Unlike LSW, YJ is a good judge of character. She could tell right away that DM was innocent and MS had injured himself in order to put the blame on DM. LSW almost fell for the same trick like in the past. He started implying that DM had done something wrong but he was stopped by YJ right away.

BSH's speech for KEH in the last episode from last week is now more understandable... he will come back to him because he believes that he will be able to influence KEH so that the latter will join his side. However, he is wrong because KEH has always had a good role model next to him: YJ. I also hope and think that DM will be able to perceive the chairman's dark side as DM has YJ and the other police officer by his side.  

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

The deceased chairman and pastor Kwon is clearly involved in the stigmata killing as the blue book was hidden after the chairman's death. This would explain why the murderer told CYJ that this was his last killing because the chairman could have died after the murder of SJ. Sure, the murderer was young nonetheless we can assume that he was not acting on his own. Like I had written last week, it is definitely related to people who were orphans or were raised by a single mother. What caught my attention was that JHK and the director IHJ and SSW had all no family and the mother was deceased. 

From my point of view, BSH could have decided to use the chairman's idea (using younger people for his own benefits, abusing them and even forcing them to kill someone) but with another intention: use the abandoned and neglected children who are weak and left unprotected in order to seek "self-justice". I have the feeling that the person attacking LSW could be the caregiver...

All this leads me to this idea that the driver ChoiDH was killed after assaulting KEH as a way to retaliate for KEH's suffering... "self-justice".

Since the bag was with Kevin Jung and the latter died after meeting BSH, we can assume that one of BSH's minions could have been the one who stole KEH's bag, while they were looking for the NLC book.

KMS will now tarnish KEH's reputation as he has the backing of the chairman's school and his mother's. But the more he goes in that direction, the more wrongdoings he will commit. Now it is not just lying... 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

I love it that YJ lose calm it with her :D

YJ kept  herself out of it when she was negligence towards Eun Ho  , turn blind eye when she was abuses toward him anyone else would have try to report it but clearly YJ didn’t want to separate him from his mom . so It’s feel good to watch that she told her she is nobody &  she wouldn’t allowed her to put her insecurities & incompetence as mother on her . 

15850063161585006241.gif

15850065961585006526.gif

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

I'm intrigued by the theories of each of you from this forum. I agree with some of you on the point that BSH was sexually abused as a kid by SSW. And I fear that others were as well esp, the kids from the photo. From his childhood experience, I believe BSH was able to notice kids and teens who experience same or/and similar kinds of injustice as he had which is why they become loyal. I'm just annoyed that even he may save these kids/teens from bad situations, I find that how he using them to do bad things is just as manipulative as what they suffered before. BSH seems to have bigger goal which may be a good deed by the methods in how he is achieving is really pulling him down a peg in goodness. I suppose his past makes his behaviour and actions more complicated. I feel though he may be a redeemable by end of the show.

I keep thinking that the key evidence is in  YJ's home because perhaps what BSH is looking for is the so called book which would have provided evidence of sexual abuse going on in church by SSW. I think the dean of that church knew about it, like JKH and LHJ, but they choose to ignore until probably a child died. When I think about the photo of those kids, i sense that they were all orphans; or came from neglectful homes. The small boy on left side is definitely LSW, and I'm sure since he was younger than rest he must have repressed the bad memories. Perhaps, why we haven't been hinted at who the girl is from far right corner... she could be dead and the reason why the church finally kicked out SSW. And i think when SSW was kicked out of the church was when the Stigmata serial murders stopped. Which brings me conclude that the Stigmata serial murder is one of the kids in the photo and more i think about it the more I think it is YHS as he seems to be the oldest of everyone and perhaps the one who suffered from the abuse longer. He may have resented kids his age who may come from shitty background and were living better off than him OR maybe kids who SSW may have been targeting, he believed he was saving them from SSW by killing them first as to let them go to heaven sort of thing. I think that fact LHJ told JKH to dig up that book, has probably sent in motion for the real killer of Stigmata murders to act first and kill SSW and LHJ (probably will kill JKH since he is last one to know about abuse i think) to end it all without people finding out the more horrid truth of the abuse. Like the detective who doesn't want to investigate (KBH) said a few episode ago, that the more they dig into the case they may find something more rotten then what they know so far.

All in all, I find this show fascinating, from way its directed, edited, acting and everything just comes together so beautifully, esp depiction of relationships on the show as some of you had said between adults and teens/kids. (btw love YJ how she has become such a suggorate mother for Eun Ho and now for Dong Myung. I hope all the current teens are safe, don't get hurt and get the right help they need because they seem to caught in crossfire of the adults' past and adults' actions.

Look forward to continuing reading your comments as we nearly half way the show! It's good to be back on a kdrama forum. It's been a while since I wanted to comment on a kdrama on soompi forum. 

• Like 6

------------------------------------

I too was wondering where the Blue Book was. I was waiting for her to  check KEH bag for other things. But if the bad guys found the book there is no need to keep an eye on KEH. Damn I felt as if BSH just handed her a major clue with the Kevin Jung murder.

I need to watch with subs now so I can say more here.

Also @bebebisous33@squstar9 I too feel that the blue book is hidden in CYJ balcony of plants where KEH hides his most prized possession. Applied film theory suggest that the book should be there! Maybe he found something in the book so he had to hide it.

• Like 5

@bebebisous33 I also noticed the fact that the three people from the church all are from single parent family and their mothers all died. I also think the book is in the balcony of CYJ.

What I am still curious is how did EH fall from the rooftop? He jumped? Was pushed? Remember BSH was in his office then, and he didn't immediately go down when he heard the ambulance, but then it seemed that he decided at last minute to rush down, as if knowing what had happened outside (was not as planned) and immediately jumped into the ambulance. Almost like he is expecting EH to be dead, but when he realized EH is not dead, he must be kept alive. I am confused with his initial reaction. 

• Like 5

Here is for today's preview. Is that voice belong to one of BSH goons?

----------------------------------------------------

I hope BSH or none of his goons can lay a hand on Dongmyung and his brother!

Now they overdosed Kevin Jung and killed him . But why did he extort so much money from the man who had broken leg, who wanted to lessen the pain on his leg with drugs, without going to doctor.

-----------------------------

I did not like that Home Room Teacher SSW did not meet KTH when he saw him at the hospital and hid himself. Maybe he has not forgiven KTH for hitting him with the chair but wish he had gone and talked to him.

• Like 4

@angelbeast90LSW hid from KTH because he feels ashamed and embarrassed as he feels responsible for his misery. He knows that he misjudged the situation and because LSW got injured, KTH got expelled and it was already too late. LSW had not protected him well... he failed and seeing KTH made him feel so guilty. He is not really different from CYJ, both made mistakes und felt guilty/burdened by their "mistakes", while we can all say that nobody is perfect. LSW has been trying to keep his distance from the students as he feared, he might make a mistake again.

• Like 5

@angelbeast90 The children in this drama are suffering a lot or suffered a lot hence I hope, DM doesn't become a new victim in the sense that he is manipulated by BSH. On the other hand, I can imagine that HMS might become the next target. 

Notice that LSY (the drug dealer) had been injured by Kevin Jung (leg) and BSH asked his minions to hurt Kevin Jung the same way. In reality, the ending of the battle was already predetermined: I believe that BSH had LSY given Kevin the drug... It is just like the confrontation between the student DM and the school chairman, the latter is already determined to punish DM as he is a weak/poor student. Kevin was led to believe that the fight was fair but it wasn't.

It is not sure if DM will be able to meet JKH as we don't know for sure if the phone number is JKH's phone number. Furthermore, it is not sure if the older man (the one who gave the phone number to DM) knows that KEH has been lying at the hospital and if he has intentionally given a different number.

• Like 6

I just love the flashbacks of YJ and EH's friendship. They are too precious! And I love how close YJ and DM have gotten.  YJ is probably my favorite female character of all time. The way she grabbed EH's mother and told her not to say those words in front of EH and that she is the only mother to EH. But what broke me with yesterday's episode, when YJ found her book in EH's bag and saw the writing in the back of the book. The way YJ just broke down crying, knowing that she could had done something when EH meet her at the police station and prevented EH from being in the hospital. I'm loving this show more and more everyday. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I have just finished watching the latest episode RAW and saw the preview. It looks like BSH might kidnap DM's little brother in order to force DM to work for him!:dissapointed_relieved::rage: 

CYJ is not just a great friend to KEH but also to DM and HMS. Her greatest strength is that she never judges the people right away.  She knows that despite HMS's secret that the latter must be suffering. She didn't pressure LSW as well. She listens and observes them carefully so that she can figure out their personality. She is in fact very protective and deep down, she senses that BSH is not just a smiling guy.

Since JKH listened to the voice recorder, he must have heard CYJ's words to KEH hence he might try to meet her at some point. I was glad that DM is not so easily influenced by BSH's generosity and nice words... due to his past experience.

Nevertheless, I was disappointed by LSW because it looks like he still remains silence about the cheating. I have the impression that he was not honest with the detective from the youth department. YSH's words seem to have a huge effect on him as he doesn't dare to disobey.

But okay, this is just my interpretation as there were no subtitles and there is no guarantee that I understand it correctly. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

It is not sure if DM will be able to meet JKH as we don't know for sure if the phone number is JKH's phone number.

Yep. DM started inputting KH's number but stopped. Then we saw him confront MS in the school.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, brenda08 said:

Yep. DM started inputting KH's number but stopped. Then we saw him confront MS in the school.

And I was right... it was the old man's phone number so that BSH discovered that the old man had been lying to him (he was in touch with JKH) and he followed him to the cabin in the woods. However, I doubt that JKH was there...

• Like 5

YJ was asked again which case did she want to solve first and she chose EH both times. EH is helping YJ, in a way, move on from her obsession of finding out who killed SJ. The connections and friendships between the characters are the best thing about this show.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, bebebisous33 said:

And I was right... it was the old man's phone number so that BSH discovered that the old man had been lying to him (he was in touch with JKH) and he followed him to the cabin in the woods. However, I doubt that JKH was there...

I will watch the episode later but I think you are right. KH read the newspaper and saw that a middle schooler survived from falling off a building. I think KH is trying to go to the hospital to visit EH.

• Like 5

I'm enjoying the conversations between the adults and teenagers. 

My favorite scene in today's episode was when Min Seong was at the hospital. Initially his mother and the teacher was present and the mother figured out Min Seong hurt himself. When the teacher was excused to let the mother and son talk alone, the mother advised the son to mix lies with the truth. 

Superintendent Hwang comes in to question Min Seong about the situation with Dong Myung. At the last moment, Superintendent Hwang says, "If you lie because it's easier and less scary than telling the truth...it will make you cross a bridge that will only make your life harder." I'm glad that Min Seong ended up telling the truth, but I feel bad for him. His mom thinks that his hurting himself is shameful. She even reprimands him! 

The following scene between Superintendent Hwang and the teacher was short but worthwhile. Superintendent Hwang says that we all tell that kind of lie once or twice in our life and admits that he told one to protect someone, who we viewers know it is Cha Young Jin. He questions the teacher, who are you protecting? 

And now that I think of it...Superintendent Hwang decided to transfer to the Child and Youth Department because he saw something more. He probably wanted to protect the children and youth who are at the age in figuring out this chaotic world for the first time. And that is when they lose their innocence... 

This drama is so emotionally tolling...I am contemplating whether I should drop it or not...but then I want to see how Cha Young Jin finds her way through the cases. I want to see Ko Eun Ho wake. up ....ahh the struggles ):

• Like 4
  • Love 1

We are half way through and there is still more to discover in how the two cases converge.Now EH fall seems to point to BSH but my hunch is that it's not him and but will point to real killer of Stigmata case. 

When YJ and LSW talked about his fall and how it was a miracle, I wonder if it is a miracle or more to it than that. Quite a long fall for EH to have no huge physical repercussions. 

As I watched ep 8, I was sad to see how these teens/kids are being used and not heard/seen for their suffering. I wish YJ can just sweep them all up and adopt them and keep them safe, with other police characters as support system.

And as a side note, I wonder if the blue book is on YJ shelf as lol EH puts books he read and may think is safe there in open site or like YJ keeps telling us that EH might not even know reason for what happened to him as ended up being a bystander as he was last person holding on to the blue book.

Can't wait till next week!

• Like 6