[Drama 2020] Nobody Knows, 아무도 모른다

0ly40

12 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

@bebebisous33Ah now I see why the chairman of NLC and MH  Baek Sangho has an affinity towards KEH. They both keep saving people. His driver was also saved by him and their conversation about him saving children was interesting too . Can I blankly state that he has saviour complex. Whereas KEH does not have this word in his dictionary. Also BSH talk about KEH being 10 times better than any of them was an interesting statement. He feels a bit shady but maybe he is too over zealous!

Well, in my opinion, this shows how difficult his life as a child was and he had no protection back then. Since he said that he was powerless back then and he became powerful, I am thinking that BSH wants deep down to help children who are living in a similar situation: abandoned children with no protection. His admiration for KEH is sincere because unlike BSH, KEH did protect and help people without any power. That's why he said that KEH was so pure... It has become his life motto: save and protect weak children as much as possible because he had no one back then.

But the question is now: how did he get his power? Did he have to commit murder in exchange for his power?

From my point of view, BSH resents YSH and rich people a lot... He is definitely manipulating YSH, notice that he is trying to stop YSH's future plan. 

By the way, the money found at the hotel didn't belong to BSH... and he got upset to hear that something illegal happened at his hotel.  

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, brenda08 said:

I agree. I would also like to note, even though I'm pretty sure someone else has mentioned this, that KEH must had learned CPR from YJ. We saw him perform it on KJH in episode 1 and YJ perform it on SSW in episode 2.

I love this show and I just adore YJ and KEH's relationship. It was mentioned in yesterday's episode how adults and children can be friends if they understand each other. And that even if people aren't blood related, they can still have a connection. Those are examples of YJ and KEH.

First welcome to the thread and maybe to this site for the first time. Though I'm not the most talkative member here:blush:

You just stated what I love about this show. Today I watched live a bit of the episode and they keep showing glimpses of their interactions.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, angelbeast90 said:

First welcome to the thread and maybe to this site for the first time. Though I'm not the most talkative member here:blush:

You just stated what I love about this show. Today I watched live a bit of the episode and they keep showing glimpses of their interactions.

Thank you for the welcome! I took about a year break from K-dramas and this show got me started again. I haven't logged in my Soompi account in about 3 years and I forgot the login :sweatingbullets: so I had to create another account. I will be in the thread most actively.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, dzareth said:

I thought the voice of the mystery caller aka stigmata killer sounded a lot like BSH's driver..... :blink:

I was thinking about him too because of his hair color and cut, his body stature... and honestly, BSH's driver has the best position in order to get updated quite quickly. 

@Ameera Ali I am not bothered that the teacher is quite small compared to the others, even the students as I am myself quite small compared to my students. What distinguishes a student from a teacher is not his  height but his "strong confidence" .

In the last episode, BSH reveals more and more of his dark side, yet YSH is the person I dislike the most right now: his hypocrisy, his lies, his arrogant attitude as well. He is not bothered that MS has cheated, while LSW is really upset. YSH acts as if he is really superior to LSW...

• Like 3
  • Love 2

@bebebisous33 Thank you for sharing the title and author of the book and even the story. I have another book to read! (TMI but watching kdramas has influenced me to read more stories). I also love your insightful connections of the story to the characters in Nobody Knows. 

This is a generalization but the characters are so broken. There is an underlying sense of loneliness even though they are surrounded by people. I pity KEH's mother the most because she chooses to live in her own misery. She chooses to date men who don't treat her well. I am glad she had a slight wake up call in today's episode when she says to her boyfriend, "Out of all the jerks you dated, you are the worst." 

Also thanks @angelbeast90 for sharing the latest OST! NELL's voice goes so well with the drama especially with today's scenes!!!

• Like 6

Millennium Hotel CEO Baek SangHo is running around meting out vigilante justice through the lens of his life doctrine. We just saw a glimpse of his criminality though he feels he is doing good. Now we can add obstruction of justice to his crimes that's the minor one though. But did he go as far as murdering someone?

But I feel it is an injustice to compare KEH to BSH. What KEH has done is pressuring MS to blow the whistle on his mum who procured a test paper. KEH had dropped a hint about this to his homeroom teacher SSW. Also KEH took the money and it does not absolve him from that but did the person who was after the money catch on to him or was it someone else?

Homeroom teacher's sense of justice is awakening now only. Is it because he met CYJ who questions everything. There was a previous bullying case in his previous class a few years ago. Why did they only show the back of that student; makes me question if it is KTH (Seo Youngjoo's character) who is planted by BSH to gather information. Also SSW brother in law has always told him to keep a blind eye on everything while he handles it, I assume.

That ending scene was scary; did that BSH threatening to comeback when KEH wakes up make KEH open his eyes in the final minute of the episode. Now what..! Will he fake it and keep his eyes closed or did he fall unconscious again.

I'd also like to add MS is another misunderstood child who is pressured to have his academic position as number 1 in his class/batch. The only comfort from his suffocating home life is to come and arrange all those expensive toys in his drivers home and this I agree with CYJ.

I only have two suspect but I might be wrong and they are the one who is hiding in the derelict shipping container home and the one who is looking for him( including his goons) who owns a hotel.

EDIT: Nobody Knows or will know if KEH is awake next episode???!!! :P:lol:

• Like 6

I adore YJ and KEH's friendship. Those flashbacks scenes :wub: KEH really looks up to YJ and he's more comfortable with her than his own place. I have never loved a friendship more than these two. I just want to hug them both!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Found this book propped up on the table where KEH was sleeping on the coffee table at CYJ apartment.

6EvweWw.png

Another hard read and this 15 year old boy reads hard stuff! lol . The correct title is A Bird's Gift.

https://koreanliteraturenow.com/poetry-fiction/growing-and-letting-go-gift-bird-eun-heekyung

I'll post the last paragraph of the review from the link.

"The insights on life, scattered here and there throughout the work, are enough to captivate readers. The narrator notes, “And that’s how life is, as well. Absurd, trivial coincidences lead life along. So don’t try to dig up meaning in everything. Life is a joke.” This is a work remarkable for its manifestation of the Nietzschesque that leads life into a realm of frivolity and pleasure, rather than one of oppression and responsibility. As we read A Gift from a Bird, we come to reflect on life as we go back and forth between tears and laughter.

And in that process, we are endowed with a renewed passion for living. "

---------------------

Now I wonder if Ko Eunho read that New Life Church's blue book and what mysterious knowledge does he hold after reading that book that he has to fight for his life!

• Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1

WOW EH have read really hard stuff for 15 years old boy.

BSH looks like a gangster who want to save some people and punish some people. And those who he will save end up working with him.

BSH is really intresting character.

I love that this drama shows that adults and teenagers can be friends.

• Like 8

@angelbeast90 @ktcjdrama @Ameera Ali @joccu @ponderings @brenda08

In my opinion, BSH's goal is destroy the NLC and take revenge. Actually, he doesn't believe in god and the scene at the church revealed his desdain for christian religion. He mentioned that a person is on his own and should only rely on oneself. This indicates that he is denying the existence of god and god's help but also he rejects help from anyone, especially from the adults. From my perspective, BSH must have suffered something terrible and everyone from the church closed their eyes: sexual abuse f. ex. BSH is not working alone and I sense that his "team" could have been hurt the same way in the past... which seems to indicate that adults from NLC abused their influence.

On the other hand, JHK is a strong believer and still thinks that he is doing the right thing. His words to KEH reflects a certain naivety. Since BSH was shown in a rather negative light, he is violent and acts as a judge (self-justice), we have all the impression that BSH is a really bad person, especially when we know that JHK has something that belongs to BSH and the latter is looking for him.

However, I would like to point out that we shouldn't forget two things:

- The former priest SWW killed IJH, the director of Shinsung foundation ... and was involved in the stimagta murders 

- SWW was close to JHK too

- SWW described IHJ as a bad woman and we know that she bought a lot of land with BSH's help.

As conclusion, I have the impression that SWW saw IJH as someone bad because she "received" help from BSH which indicates that BSH and SWW were also enemies. Yet, since IJH and SWW did bad things, we can not exclude that JHK might have done something wrong as well. 

Right now, JHK appears more innocent... but sometimes appearances can be deceiving.

I agree with @angelbeast90 that the old man helping JHK and YSH is indeed suspicious. He could be someone deceiving both JHK and BSH. 

In the latest episode, we can see that once neglected and abandoned children meet a nice adult, the latter serves as role model hence both teenagers decide to become the same like their role model. The problem is that for BSH, it is too late. He mistrusts everyone... his smile hides his desdain, hatred and lack of trust. However, I believe that BSH has misjudged LSW because the latter is the son of the former chairman.

My intuition is telling me that YSH, his wife and the old man could be more involved than it appears right now. LSW is on his way to discover that he has been deceived for a long time hence he didn't become the new chairman but YSH, his brother-in-law.    

• Like 1
  • Insightful 8

@bebebisous33 I have no idea what the old man with the white hair's name is , but yes he has very sinister theme music for him when he arrives and the camera lingers a bit more on him when BSH leaves the room/ corridor.

----------------------------------

Here is highlight reel of BSH perspective on the story!!!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

@angelbeast90 First, the old man told BSH that he had a good memory of the past and he was the one who showed the picture to BSH. image.png (episode 4, 33:12) Notice that there are 6 children, among them only 2 are not identified: the small boy on the left and the other girl on the right. The fact that he called the chairman of NLC BS first, is a huge clue that they used to know each other very well in the past. The old man mentioned that he was the one who identified SSW with the angel... the fact that he was talking about memories and past is an indication that this man knows more... he is definitely shaddy.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 7

@angelbeast90 This drama underlines many things:

- friendship between a child and an adult is possible

- having a family doesn't necessarily mean happiness, see f. ex. DM/KEH, it can be a burden

- destroying the myth: being a mother implies that you are a good mother

By the way, I am wondering if YJ was supposed to be the target because she is an orphan. Until now, she was shown alone... and I am suspecting that she has no family. Her friend was not selected because she had a family... maybe the common point between the victims was their social/familial situation: like one child could have been neglected or abused (but it was never investigated or discovered), YJ seems to be an orphan... like lost children with no real guidance.

• Insightful 7

@bebebisous33 Yes. After saying I realized something that DM has given something to KEH by being a companion to him , his time and even he visited KEH at hospital bed. I think that is more better than a monetary gift or a physical gift. The gift of listening to each other and being beholden to each other with this bond of friendship is more expensive. But both are now equally in trouble. Thank god there is a CYJ who came into their life.

But BSH will not agree with me though that god helps who helps themselves:lol: As he is an atheist , I guess he believes that we are left with our own consequences so we should seek our own justice because a hero will not come to help you.

Yeah I too am curious about YJ 's childhood and her parents. We as viewers met her in the forest with her friend. Maybe we will get a flashback of them in school with other friends of them at a later episode.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, angelbeast90 said:

@bebebisous33 Yes. After saying I realized something that DM has given something to KEH by being a companion to him , his time and even he visited KEH at hospital bed. I think that is more better than a monetary gift or a physical gift. The gift of listening to each other and being beholden to each other with this bond of friendship is more expensive. But both are now equally in trouble. Thank god there is a CYJ who came into their life.

But BSK will not agree with me though that god helps who helps themselves:lol: As he is an atheist , I guess he believes that we are left with our own consequences so we should seek our own justice because a hero will not come to help you.

Yeah I too am curious about YJ 's childhood and her parents. We as viewers met her in the forest with her friend. Maybe we will get a flashback of them in school with other friends of them at a later episode.

That's why I am hoping that CYJ might change his perspective, once he witnesses her dedication to uncover the truth... BSH is just a disillusioned and resentful man as he has a very pessimistic vision of the world due to his past and childhood. Furthermore, he has a black and white mindset. I am quite sure that he considers LSW is the same than his sister and her husband YSH. But CYJ represents such a contrast to him due to her selflessness. Sure, both have something in common: their painful past and their loneliness. Yet CYJ didn't resent SJ's mother for her harsh words. She is still in touch with her. Moreover she is still seeking justice with legal means. She might have been hurt a lot in the past but unlike him, she helps others without asking anything in return. She is totally selfless while I believe that BSH's help is not entirely free.

CYJ has been able to move KEH and to some extent DM... It would be great if CYJ got aware of her impact on others. She still feels guilty and has somehow a low self-esteem. She doesn't consider herself as a good person or cop, since her only reason to become a detective was to catch her friend's murderer. She became a police officer in order to relieve herself from the guilt by catching the culprit. Yet she doesn't realize that during her career, she did so many good things as a cop. She feels empathy and is a good listener (most of the time), she doesn't judge people right away and she doesn't let a social status affect her judgement. She comforted DM and didn't criticize him for anything...  

By the way, I had another idea: what if JHK is really innocent but his only "misdeed" was to be so blinded by his faith that he didn't notice what was happening around him? Imagine the irony...

I am still bothered by JHK's words, when the latter told KEH that his good deed would be soon rewarded. The irony was the opposite happened.

Let just say that when he took the blue book from BSH, he wanted to reveal the chairman's plan to ruin NLC, unaware that the book might contain another signification. I have the impression that BSH might not be the only one who wants that book back.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1