[Drama 2020] Nobody Knows, 아무도 모른다

0ly40

jhWWn3t.jpg

This Caravaggio painting is in the Millennium Hotel 10th floor room where BSH, DS, WS and MJ meet and sit down at the yellowish ochre sofa. I noticed it two times in this episode, especially at the ending. 

Caravaggio paintings are known for the intense lighting and dark backgrounds, which reflects upon the dark, ominous shots in some scenes. 

I will share a this blog from this blog which resonates with the story of this drama

In The Incredulity of St. Thomas, Caravaggio portrays in rather grotesque detail the scene of John 20: 24-29, where Thomas proclaims that he will not believe in Christ’s resurrection unless he feels the wounds himself.  In this portrayal we see Jesus guiding Thomas’s hand deep into his wound, with two onlookers studying the event from behind.  Jesus appears completely calm and unaffected by the inspection, while Thomas’s face holds wrinkles of concentration and awe.  The placement of four heads united in the center of the painting is a classical depiction of the search for truth, and the search here ends in the detailed inspection of the body of Christ.  The black background provides further illustration of this discovering of truth, with the four men illuminated from the darkness by the light which appears to emanate from Jesus.  The scene is at once shocking and complex; the extreme familiarity with which Thomas’s finger digs into Jesus’ wound is startling, but it simultaneously reveals an aspect of spiritual discovery.  Thomas here gains knowledge of God through a personal examination of Christ, and the physicality of it reveals a very real and tangent search for truth.  Thomas’s inspection of the wound is very much of this world, but the result of that inspection is a knowledge which is entirely spiritual.  We find this scene shocking because it seems so realistic, and the realism is a means of showing how an ordinary person can discover spiritual truth through worldly interactions.  Here Thomas literally pulls the skin of Jesus back to understand Him as God, but Caravaggio demonstrates through this that physical encounters with the world can provide a spiritual knowledge, and that in searching and finding knowledge of God the truth transcends the person from the physical world to the spiritual one.

On another note, outside of EH's hospital room, we see one of Van Gogh's sunflower paintings and Monet's Woman with a Parasol. It has a lighter and brighter palette.  

----------

I also have a question about DS. So was it MJ who decided to cut off DS? Or was MJ acting upon BSH's orders to cut off DS? The actress's tone and voice for MJ always gives me the chills. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

@ponderings I have the impression that MJ decided to cut off DS on her own, when she noticed CYJ. In my opinion, she was acting behind BSH's back but realized that it was too late for DS...

I have to say that I was wrong about JKH. He is not a bad man per se, but like I had pointed out before, he was way too passive. Even here, he complained that he was often left out and the chairman Kwon would prefer SSW and LHJ. I really loved CYJ's advice to him: "Become a protagonist of your life!" Her words outlined exactly that JKH had lived too passively all this time. And I pity even more BSH because it seems to me that no one knew what SSW did to the child BSH. He wasn't an accomplice in reality, as he was forced to follow SSW. However, I sense that BSH realized that he could manipulate SSW, hence he killed LHJ.

For me, the chairman Kwon was the real villain. He covered up for SSW's murders, he even forced BSH to kill someone, he allowed SSW to abuse BSH all these years, he allowed LHJ to be greedy... Finally, even JKH realized the true nature of his father... he couldn't believe that his father lied to him! It seems that he had idealized his father for too long and way too much. For SSW, miracle and resurrections were connected to death, even the young BSH thought, living was not worthy (full of pain) and JKH's speech contrasts so much to this belief. JKH is saying that they should enjoy life and give joy to others... For SSW, you needed to die in order to resurrect... while JKH thinks, resurrection means coming back to life: discovering life, enjoying life... JKH focuses on life, while SSW was focused on death. I hope, it is comprehensible.

I believe that JKH won't abandon BSH, even after his arrest and sentence. For me, it looked more like JKH was acting as a father who knew that he needed to stop BSH.

I hope, there is much more than BSH's sin in the last episode. We don't know why YSH and LHJ quarreled and why YSH was looking for deacon JKH. It is related to the foundation. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 2

@bebebisous33, I don’t think BSH was forced by the cult pastor to kill. It was a choice BSH made for himself. He didn’t have to do what the man said in order to get the land. I would say “forcing” someone to kill someone else would be what BSH and his lackeys did to the drug dealer and his side kick. They put them in a room to kill each other and the one who wins would survive. At least self-defense could be claimed by either guy. I love what you said about JKH acting like a belated father to BSH. It would be good if he indeed stands by him assuming BSH survives in the end. 

I have to say these people are a cult through and through. Everything about pastor Kwon, his daughter and SSW is so deeply perverse and more like the seat of the devil. I hope YJ will expose them all.

Today’s episode was so good. I love the way YJ beat down that guy. Reminds me of Jang Hyuk in his recent drama Tell Me What You Saw. I also loved the scene with Eun Ho, his friends and the cops. The warm sides of this show really does it so well. I hope we see YJ taking charge of the three boys in place of her mentor. 

Eun Ho’s father seem to want to get to know him. Things are complicated though so I can’t imagine what their conclusion will be. Maybe they continue life as strangers or maybe they come to an understanding. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

@bebebisous33, I don’t think BSH was forced by the cult pastor to kill. It was a choice BSH made for himself. He didn’t have to do what the man said in order to get the land. 

I agree I think he saw a chance & take it . He so destroyed mentally he would have killed , he probably would have killed any woman/ anyone that give him bad eye looks that reminds him of his mother that abandoned him , or anyone that looked down on at . 

15874221941587422187.gif

15874219451587421940.gif

15874220301587422021.gif

he is such a joker :D

Spoiler

15874245921587424586.gif

• Like 7

@bebebisous33 do you think MJ would cut ties from BSH and take over the Millennium Hotel? BSH is a monster. But I felt like he nurtured a monster in MJ who decided to act behind BSH. there’s so much distrust and fear in this group. 

I am getting antsy in how they would end this drama! The drama doesn’t feel like it is going to end and usually I don’t even like watching this genre! 

• Like 7

Great episode! 

So BSH killed the 8th victim as a guarantee for Pastor Kwon that they each have a hold against each other. Having that evidence in his hand, Kwon can be assured that BSH will not betray him by outing SSW. Twisted indeed... 

I will be sad too when this drama ends. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

when will you think about us ? 
I won’t, you’re already mine :joy: - it’s so true they are married after all :D

Wait she is his real life wife ?

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2

@celebrianna @Ameera Ali Yes, he made the choice but in his eyes, did he have really a choice? In my opinion not because I can not forget the speech in the beginning about power. He said that he was weak and only with power, he could protect himself. For him power meant the land. We shouldn't forget that BSH has been abused for years and neither HJ nor Kwon nor JKH who were supposed to be his family helped him. Finally, back then he was a teenager and as such not an adult!! So surrounded by adults who used power to get what they wanted (SSW used the cult and religion in order to kill, the father Kwon used his children to get more wealth, HJ used her father to get rich), BSH had internalized their way of thinking.

He followed the priest SSW but was it really his choice? We saw that BSH would punish him harshly, if he said one word wrongly... so BSH had to follow his "father". Did he like what SSW did? No, he clearly knew that this was wrong... but could he go to the police? In his eyes, not really as he had been held captive by his mother and could have died back then. No one, not even the police came for help. He knew no one outside the church and LSW was not even close to him. His loneliness was the other reason for his choice. As he had no one to rely on (not even God from the prayers), he could only rely on himself hence he came to the conclusion, he needed power to get respect and stop the abuse.

BSH's words to LHJ outlines his trauma from his childhood. He could never forget the way his mother looked at him, which explained why he was raised by SSW and father Kwon. He resented his mother and HJ acted just like his mother.

As conclusion, he had internalized the way Kwon and his family was thinking and he had been abused for so long as a child. And notice that even JKH who did nothing and was not abused had worshiped his father for so long. CYJ has realized the power of pastor Kwon, just like JKH got aware of the true nature of his father: he was a liar and manipulator. 

And his behavior towards his minions underline to me his trauma and the impact of the way he was raised: he is abusive (just like SSW), he is ordering (just like SSW, HJ and Kwon), he is acting like a god savior... just like Kwon and SSW. He is greedy just like LHJ... but he is not passive like JKH who was kept at a certain distance by the others. JKH could have been BSH's father but he never acted as such. His passivity is the reason why BSH was on his own as he was the only one close to him who could have helped him. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

Who is MJ!! Aah the real name of the character  Bae Sunah. I think she had some restrained tears when BSH said DS will be thrown away! I think if she gets a chance she will throw that red phone of Soojung's from the top 10th floor of the building!

Or maybe BSH is using this red phone to scare Youngjin into silence but she will say "I'm not the CYJ of the past!"

She can't live in the past now coz she has somethings to look forward to like Eunho going to college and become a productive member of the society along with her other ducklings!

JKH seems to have illusions of grandeur! He wants to  be a great man who wants to inspire others.Did he have to go about it giving a living eulogy for Eunho! To him it seems Eunho is like an angel! But is he not putting more danger on the boy again by telling BSH not to touch him.

---------------------------------------------------------

Papago trans:

Ryu Deok-hwan Disappointed by Kim Seo-hyung, who can't be reached
a puppy worried as soon as he gets in touch.
-------------------------
Summary a puppy is worried and guess Hwang seems to know exactly what LSW is feeling. He reminds me of The Old Fox ( A German detective show! "Der Alte") lol
  • Like 7

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Nobody Knows, 아무도 모른다
16 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

@Ameera Ali Why did BSH take Eun Ho and beat up LSW???

Aargh..............

Looks like I'm gonna watch it without sub now!

he taking it to the last wire , he so desperate now he facing a lot murder cases 

15874871101587487100.gif

15874869991587486989.gif

15874872321587487226.gif

• Like 6
  • Sad 1