[Drama 2020] A Piece of Your Mind, 반의 반

0ly40

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] A Piece of Your Mind / Half of Half, 반의 반- Mon & Tue @ 21:00 KST - Jung Hae In & Chae Soo Bin - Premieres TONIGHT
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chae Soo Bin And Lee Ha Na Show Their Characters’ Different Personalities In “A Piece Of Your Mind”

Chae Soo Bin And Lee Ha Na Show Their Characters’ Different Personalities In “A Piece Of Your Mind”

Mar 22, 2020
by C. Hong

tvN’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “A Piece of Your Mind” has released stills of Chae Soo Bin and Lee Ha Na embodying their respective characters.

“A Piece of Your Mind” is about the experience of unrequited love. Jung Hae In stars as the artificial intelligence programmer Ha Won and Chae Soo Bin stars as the classical music recording engineer Seo Woo.

Seo Woo is described as a lovely, refreshing character who transmits her trademark energy to viewers across the screen. She has a clumsy side that only adds to her aura of clarity and youthfulness. In the new stills, Chae Soo Bin smiles brightly whether she’s with someone or alone, and her optimism can be felt even when she’s just walking down a street listening to music.

Lee Ha Na plays the gardener Moon Soon Ho. Her character has more of a cool and tough aura and her wardrobe in the new stills reflect both her attitude and her job: fleece coat, jeans, and leather boots. Like Seo Woo, her character is photographed as enjoying her time outside, but her expression is more thoughtful and reserved than Seo Woo’s.

Introduced by Jung Hae In’s character, Chae Soo Bin and Lee Ha Na’s characters will meet by chance in the classical music recording studio and begin their “womance.” There will be a surprising chemistry between Chae Soo Bin’s lovable optimism and Lee Ha Na’s “girl crush” vibe.

“A Piece of Your Mind” premieres on March 23 at 9 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

semen

30 minutes ago, ChunSungIm said:

too bad seems this drama isnt aired in netflix at this time 

i thought it was on netflix because i read it on whats on netflix..

such a shame that i need to rely on viu to watch this. they take like 12 hours to upload the drama after airing compare to 30 minute with netflix. but i will still watch this drama for chae soo bin 

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] A Piece of Your Mind / Half of Half, 반의 반- Mon & Tue @ 21:00 KST

I plan to give this drama a lot of love as I like the feel of it and of course because it is all about sound. And the ML tends to pick nice stuff (and I am hoping my faith is not misplaced!)

Will wait for a few episodes to accumulate before i start.

Following this thread. 

Just tried first episode. 16 minutes passed. I didn't really get the point what is this story all about. Some AI devices which talks like a real person developed by the ML. They still figured out how to perfect the technology of how it supposed to react to people's talk? Eehh... it's still unclear for me too. Lol. Ok. Let's keep watching. I don't really get the full picture of this but somehow I slowly get a gist of it. I guess a peaceful drama with slow pace is being a trend now. I feel some sort of IGTWTIS's vibe here. Not that similar but it's kind of that feeling. You don't really get it what's all about. Lol

I try to chew all the scenes and find it pretty sweet that clueless SW is running an errands for HW to meet JS. He knows her but she doesn't. Well. So far. It's not that bad. I'm curious why is HW and JS separated like that. Who is that guy who lives with JS, perhaps her husband? And she is not in her good condition, kind of depression patient? What makes her depressed?? And how would SW react when she knows that the guy shared the same studio with is HW that she's looking for. It seems that SW will keep being in touch much closer to be a friend with JS. It might help JS solve her problem maybe. But in short, with all the confusion the drama gave me, I think I will continue watching to know some more of those. 

The Cinematography is insane. Its really good.

The pace is just alright although maybe a bit too slow.

Chae soo bin is Love.

If u wonder about jisoo go scroll a bit and you will see why jisoo and haewon got seperated.

The ost is so good too. One to watch!

I agree, pacing seems a bit slow, but I feel it’s because the characters aren’t as aggressive as your typical k-drama couple. 

The vibe of the drama is so relaxing, and I like how no one’s being too loud about anything, which I think is an underrated trait in k-dramas. 

So basically, they’re developing the program in such a way that it will only be able to detect one voice? And their purpose is to use it for therapy? The way I understood it is Ha Won is creating this for Ji Soo to help her with her depression, which is why he needed her voice so they could test it out...?

The pace of the drame is quite slow, no twist so that may not atract many viewers, I guess. Though I like it. Beautiful scenes, emotional actors. Some details are not yet clear but I will patiently waiting till those are unwrapped. And The music is so so good

Soooo... I really loved the first episode. I don't know if I understood it well from the website's description of the program, but I think the device is for a therapy through dialogue, and the program is designed to bring out a person's personality by patterning his/her memory and experience and behavior and psyché. To fill the feeling of alienation? To cure depression? Mainly pure therapy-like, but for me it's a little bit creepy and I can't really imagine, how it's gonna work. The healing of sound is gonna play a big part of the story because they showed us that the female lead is replaying her late mother's words on lonely nights...

Spoiler

and I think maybe that first love will die soon too.

The voice recording part is creepy. Period.

But other than that, I looooove it. It's melancholic and a little slow, and beautiful. I really enjoyed the music as well, I instantly knew that I would fall in love with the soundtracks, from the scene with the particular classical musical choices (when they introduced the AI program and when the leads first met), then we could hear Mayu Wakisaka's 24 hours playing in the background at the coffe shop... and then they put Lasse Lindh's voice (Be Your Moon) in the longing scene (at min 48). That was the point with no turning back for me. Love the soundtrack.

And the camerawork and the photography is awesome too, plus the editing is flowing really well between cuts. The director of photography and the sound engineers are doing great job so far.

The non-linear storytelling could improve a little bit, and some parts of the drama are a lil unclear for me, but the atmosphere is enough for me for the first week. Definitely gonna watch more episodes.

(Off topic: I'm sure I was a member here before, but couldn't remember my username/pw, so I re-registered. This drama made me to do this. So it's gotta be good! And sorry if my English is awful.)

2 hours ago, dairymilks said:

So basically, they’re developing the program in such a way that it will only be able to detect one voice? And their purpose is to use it for therapy? The way I understood it is Ha Won is creating this for Ji Soo to help her with her depression, which is why he needed her voice so they could test it out...?

Ah... you could be right. I thought They have already plan to launch their new theraphy devices. And this is the secret project between him and the CEO friend. Was his friend the CEO?? Well, anyway that reason sounds believable to me. Thanks, at least it helps me a bit to digest what's really going on here. I thought why he wouldn't meet JS and doubts he needs her voice only for his longing of their old childhood memories back in Norway. But it sounds too cliche and somewhat emotional. And I think your idea is more logical. So if your guess is right, then the speaking device could be something which also can heal SW's longing feeling of her late mom and other people. Since HW is someone who works with AI technology, I bet he didn't just plan it randomly. 

And another thing I'd like to know why would the lady manager is HW's niece?? Are they really blood related? Well, I might get my answer as the episodes progress more. 

The ending ost is pretty good. Gonna look for it. Hope it has released. 

@Alice Wonderland

HW is the founder/CEO of the AI company. From what I'm understand by watching the 1st episode, HW & his colleague/friend is creating an virtual assistant like Siri. HW is inputting all his personal data into the device & testing it to get a reaction point. The only thing is I'm not sure why he needs JS's voice? It's obvious she has depression but I'm not sure is HW knows that because they're basically estranged from eachother. I dont think the manager SH is HW's blood niece. I think HW is someone shes respects so she just calls himself that. Theyre like friends whom I'm assuming known eachother for a long time. She said her grandma supports people? 

SW is like cupid lol. She likes the story between HW & JS. Interesting lol. I believe her parents die from a flooding so the only remnant of them is a voice message on her phone. 

Overall I like the first episode. CSB & JHI are really pretty people lol. The story telling isnt straight forward & jumps around a bit but the music/ost in this one is beautiful. The cinematography is nice too. I think theres some overlay filtering happening onscreen. I want to see where the story goes.

@greenwatch08 thanks for lifting out my confusion. It makes much clearer now. And I start to like it more. Echoing everyone that the cinematography and its music are just great and pretty. I like SW's character. A cute cupid among the two. I wonder how they would make HW and SW fall for each other later. And I wonder of the last episode which shows how SW sees HW in a different light. I mean did she realize that the guy face? someone she knows from the studio. She keeps looking at his back. And she said that man burrowed into her heart. I'm going to watch episode 2 after this. It's already up so will be back with different thoughts later. 

P.S.

Spoiler

Hi, I noticed you. :lol: Itawon's class discussion had given so much fun. Glad you pick this one as well. So it's nice to meet u again here. 

I initially dropped it during the first ep. because I felt it was really..boring LoL. I tried again in watchin' ep. 02, and it wasn't bad but dear GOD the pacing ahahah. It's waaayyy too slow oy. Hae In looks the same as he did in his travel vlog in NYC. I guess that's how he dresses irl?

It's amusing how 3 characters watch one another from afar. Social distancing done right huh LoL? Although why did Ji Soo break up with Ha Won if she still has feelings for him? It just seem really cruel is all.. I wonder what's written in the note(?) she left for Seo Woo..?

Now is where Seo Woo & Ha Won's love story begins. The speaker thing is like Alexa or the Echo Dot, only it's rectangular with 5/6 lighted dots on top. I like one too myself LoL. During times of self isolation like now it'd be nice to have something to talk to LoL.     

@greenwatch08

It (device) reminds me of that Joaquin Phoenix movie Her. In the movie Joaquin's a loner who develops a romantic connection to a virtual assistant, only she sounds like Scarlett Johansson.   

And agreed on the aesthetics of this drama, the glowy/dewy effect gives it an added dreamy effect.  

Seems like it is not just us being a little confused about the first episode as Chief producer have responded :) 

“A Piece Of Your Mind” Producer Responds To Premiere Reviews And Talks About What’s To Come

Mar 24, 2020
by R. Jun

The chief producer (CP) of tvN’s newest drama “A Piece of Your Mind,” which premiered Monday, responded to initial reviews of the drama and shared what viewers can look forward to in the coming episodes.

“A Piece of Your Mind” stars Jung Hae In as an artificial intelligence (AI) programmer named Ha Won and Chae Soo Bin as a classical recording engineer named Seo Woo as they meet and tell a story of unrequited love.

CP Kim Jin Yi of the drama said, “First, I’d like to thank all of the viewers for their interest. After the first episode, some viewers said the drama was ‘difficult to understand’ and ‘unfamiliar.’ There were certain scenes where there was no explanation to aid understanding, but in planning the drama, we wanted to relay a feeling of unfamiliarity rather than familiarity and comfort.”

The CP added, “From episodes two, three, and on, the unexpected elements from episode one will be resolved. From what it is that Ha Won does at work, to how Seo Woo feels when she meets him, all will be revealed.”

On what viewers should look for in future episodes, Kim Jin Yi said, “We hope viewers watch for what kind of feelings Han Seo Woo feels towards Ha Won, who has only had eyes for Ji Soo thus far, and how her feelings toward him deepen. It will slowly be revealed how the drama’s subject of ‘one-sided love’ can be a source of comfort.”

Praising both of the lead actors, Kim Jin Yi said, “Jung Hae In readily signed on to do the drama. He has a high level of understanding of his character Ha Won. Though the character isn’t a common one, Jung Hae In is portraying the character well, going along with the flow of the drama.”

“Chae Soo Bin is also relating to her character well and portraying her emotions. There will be many more scenes to come that show the actors’ detailed emotional portrayals. There are heart-fluttering moments on the way, so we hope you will tune in.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1390268wpp/a-piece-of-your-mind-producer-responds-to-premiere-reviews-and-talks-about-whats-to-come

It's complicated now. They all intertwined each other like six degrees separations. And it remind me to this song. It's such an old song that I suddenly found out not long ago. And it's fascinating their situation somehow relatable to this. 

Spoiler

Don't tell me that they're going to do what I'm thinking about. The ending is just too cruel for both SW and HW. And what makes me sad is when things becomes much easier for JS and as she grows more like SW's best friend. Again, SW might have to suffer another loss of losing someone she really cherished. The preview also looks pretty intriguing. I wonder will SW tell HW about what happened to JS now. So I feel like foreseeing how it's coming. These two will bond for each other with the piece of JS memory in their mind. Now this turned around, SW knows HW but HW is still thinking she's not. Interestig. Enough to make me excited for next week's episode. 

Hope I'm not spilling out too much here. Sorry, if I did. I wonder where's everyone, I keep coming to an empty house here. Lol. 

10 hours ago, Kadope said:

The voice recording part is creepy. Period.

And alexa isnt?

AI is all bout creating something which then has a mind of its own... this is what scares the world but fascinates it too.

I will wait for a few weeks and then binge!! Yay

I'm actually confused as to why it is confusing.  I mean It's pretty straight forward unless I'm not seeing like others are.  I find this drama so calming and melancholic and a nice change from all the other dramas currently airing.  The OST and music used throughout the drama syncs perfectly with the atmosphere.  After watching EP.2, I'm already invested.  The only thing I didn't like is what happened to Jisoo and I question her choices.  I mean realistically, who does that?

Archived