[Drama 2020] A Piece of Your Mind, 반의 반

0ly40

36 minutes ago, lshadowl said:

I'm actually confused as to why it is confusing.  I mean It's pretty straight forward unless I'm not seeing like others are.  I find this drama so calming and melancholic and a nice change from all the other dramas currently airing.  The OST and music used throughout the drama syncs perfectly with the atmosphere.  After watching EP.2, I'm already invested.  The only thing I didn't like is what happened to Jisoo and I question her choices.  I mean realistically, who does that?

Same, I don't understand Ji Soo at all. She had Won by her side all those years, but she settled for someone who wasn't good for her well-being. It never occurred to her to leave the situation she was in and also refused help from Ha Won. Maybe it had something to do with her mental health? 

After watching episode 2, now I get why Jisoo wasn't in the poster. Lol. The drama is indeed relaxing and isn't too complicated like the rest, probably why some viewers would think of it as "confusing." Our usual Korean romcom/drama would oftentimes involve a lot of tragedy, which can be really stress-inducing. This drama is recommended to those who don't want to exhaust a lot of energy to understand the story. Looking forward to next week now, since it will be more focused on Seo Woo and Ha Won. 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, sal2 said:

CP Kim Jin Yi of the drama said, “First, I’d like to thank all of the viewers for their interest. After the first episode, some viewers said the drama was ‘difficult to understand’ and ‘unfamiliar.’ There were certain scenes where there was no explanation to aid understanding, but in planning the drama, we wanted to relay a feeling of unfamiliarity rather than familiarity and comfort.”

The CP added, “From episodes two, three, and on, the unexpected elements from episode one will be resolved. From what it is that Ha Won does at work, to how Seo Woo feels when she meets him, all will be revealed.”

Okay. Here's the theme they brought up then. I feel what they mentioned here. No wonder I'm torn into a confusion during the first episode. Lol. But the good thing is, I feel like how the directing feels like a movie style. They intentionally shows things in random then one by one answered by itself later on. 

4 hours ago, sal2 said:

“We hope viewers watch for what kind of feelings Han Seo Woo feels towards Ha Won, who has only had eyes for Ji Soo thus far, and how her feelings toward him deepen. It will slowly be revealed how the drama’s subject of ‘one-sided love’ can be a source of comfort.”

Eeh.. wait.. is this being a trend now? It's usually the guy who has one sided crush to the girl or his best friend. But now it's reversed. It has three dramas that the FL seems falling for ML first, confess first or has one sided. Well.. let's see how it played out. I hope it will goes nicely and without too much angst.

4 hours ago, sal2 said:

“Jung Hae In readily signed on to do the drama. He has a high level of understanding of his character Ha Won. Though the character isn’t a common one, Jung Hae In is portraying the character well, going along with the flow of the drama.”

I skipped his noona's drama and just watched around 4 eps of Spring Night. I agreed that he did good and matched to these kind of characters. And HW is likely similar to his character he played in SN. 

Again, thank u for sharing the article here. I enjoy reading it. 

5 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Okay. Here's the theme they brought up then. I feel what they mentioned here. No wonder I'm torn into a confusion during the first episode. Lol. But the good thing is, I feel like how the directing feels like a movie style. They intentionally shows things in random then one by one answered by itself later on. 

Eeh.. wait.. is this being a trend now? It's usually the guy who has one sided crush to the girl or his best friend. But now it's reversed. It has three dramas that the FL seems falling for ML first, confess first or has one sided. Well.. let's see how it played out. I hope it will goes nicely and without too much angst.

I skipped his noona's drama and just watched around 4 eps of Spring Night. I agreed that he did good and matched to these kind of characters. And HW is likely similar to his character he played in SN. 

Again, thank u for sharing the article here. I enjoy reading it. 

Me, too. I didn't finish Spring Night haha. Ha Won isn't also too far from his character in Tune in for Love, which also had a calming vibe to it. Loved his chemistry with Kim Go Eun there.

I've only seen Chae Soo Bin in Where Stars Land, which I dropped after a few eps because I didn't like the way they wrote her character. 

Will we get to see Seo Woo playing the piano in front of Ha Won :rolleyes:

“A Piece Of Your Mind” Producer Responds To Premiere Reviews And Talks About What’s To Come

“A Piece Of Your Mind” Producer Responds To Premiere Reviews And Talks About What’s To Come

Mar 25, 2020
by R. Jun

The chief producer (CP) of tvN’s newest drama “A Piece of Your Mind,” which premiered Monday, responded to initial reviews of the drama and shared what viewers can look forward to in the coming episodes.

“A Piece of Your Mind” stars Jung Hae In as an artificial intelligence (AI) programmer named Ha Won and Chae Soo Bin as a classical recording engineer named Seo Woo as they meet and tell a story of unrequited love.

CP Kim Jin Yi of the drama said, “First, I’d like to thank all of the viewers for their interest. After the first episode, some viewers said the drama was ‘difficult to understand’ and ‘unfamiliar.’ There were certain scenes where there was no explanation to aid understanding, but in planning the drama, we wanted to relay a feeling of unfamiliarity rather than familiarity and comfort.”

The CP added, “From episodes two, three, and on, the unexpected elements from episode one will be resolved. From what it is that Ha Won does at work, to how Seo Woo feels when she meets him, all will be revealed.”

On what viewers should look for in future episodes, Kim Jin Yi said, “We hope viewers watch for what kind of feelings Han Seo Woo feels towards Ha Won, who has only had eyes for Ji Soo thus far, and how her feelings toward him deepen. It will slowly be revealed how the drama’s subject of ‘one-sided love’ can be a source of comfort.”

Praising both of the lead actors, Kim Jin Yi said, “Jung Hae In readily signed on to do the drama. He has a high level of understanding of his character Ha Won. Though the character isn’t a common one, Jung Hae In is portraying the character well, going along with the flow of the drama.”

“Chae Soo Bin is also relating to her character well and portraying her emotions. There will be many more scenes to come that show the actors’ detailed emotional portrayals. There are heart-fluttering moments on the way, so we hope you will tune in.”

“A Piece of Your Mind” premiered March 23 and airs on Mondays and Tuesdays.

@dairymilks LOL. Same here. Those dramas have good cast. But too bad I couldn't watch the drama. Haven't seen TIFL tho. Just saw some trailers and they look cute. While for CSB, I've seen lots dramas of her before. And yup I stopped WSL right after ep 2. It didn't interest me further to keep watching. 

Oh.. is that from one of the stills poster. It was like from the teaser, SW would fell asleep on the piano and HW would block the dazzling sunlight from her with his hands. It's good if they really have that scene in the actual episode. But I bet it would be happened much later, let's say when both has developed deeper feelings for each other. ;) 

They make me curious of what happened to JS's marriage. How it turned out so unhealthy like that. His husband mistake might be kind a fling with other woman before he married her. All those years she knows HW always loves her even until they meet again recently, he still does. They're not fated to each other I guess. JS fell for her husband and decided to marry him. If she doesn't come back from that snowy woods in future episode, I guess the pianist husband will meet his new love. Lol. I got a feeling it would go that route. The actress who plays JS is just so pretty. Well, this drama full of pretty people. Ah.. the drama tone color also looks pretty. If I'm not mistaken this is a pre-produce drama. So no wonder it has good quality of cinematography. 

I'm done watching the first 2 episodes. Hmmm agreee it's so slowwwww. Wonder if someone watched this, could they understand the story without reading the character's description? It did but not really I bet.

Is it a trending now? Usually the first episode has a dense plot to catch the viewer's attention. But nowadays dramas tend to get better for later episodes. Uh please happen for this one too.

I know the writer wants to bring this drama to a melo-warm-indie concept. I imagine if adding a little bit comedic to the 'concept story' will give 'a refreshing vibe'. It's just my opinion hehe.

Spoiler

So Ji Soo's husband has something to do with Ha Won mother's death?

It's just the beginning. I will continue to watch this drama because Ha Won and Seo Woo's development. How they continue their relationship but there is Ji Soo between them. It's so hard in reality.

I’m honestly heartbroken over what happened to JS, there’s a chemistry between her and HW but of course SW will get the guy lol. Anyway, I’m quite confused cause it says it’s fantasy on the first page of this forum and romantic comedy but so far the series is more melancholic so I don’t quite understand that hahahaha. So far it’s pretty interesting, surely gonna continue watching.

I have watched the 1st 2 episodes. 1st episode wasn't really confusing per se but it doesn't also hint on what the story is supposed to be about, so it will leave you curious and wanting to see more. It's a good thing I guess. After episode 2, I can say I'm invested and I plan to continue watching. ALSO, I'm a huge fan of Chae Soo Bin but I have to say I'm not really a fan of JHI's choice of characters. He seems to have been typecasted. His roles often bore me, tbh. But his visuals make up for it LMAO 

8 hours ago, Josh Marquez said:

I’m honestly heartbroken over what happened to JS, there’s a chemistry between her and HW but of course SW will get the guy lol. Anyway, I’m quite confused cause it says it’s fantasy on the first page of this forum and romantic comedy but so far the series is more melancholic so I don’t quite understand that hahahaha. So far it’s pretty interesting, surely gonna continue watching.

Same with me. Through some teasers, clearly understand that It would be melo (adding some funny scenes) but did not imagine the tragedy gone this far (Jisoo's live in critical situation). But I think Jisoo will not die. Because, love line between Ha won & Seo woo is the main topic so the production team will create a proper reason for Ha won to leave behind his unrequited love to starting fall for Seo woo. And the drama will be more bright

Beautiful drama.

Something a little bit different.

The first encounter between HW and SW was unusual and natural.

Their scenes are somehow warm and lively.

He only smiles a little when he is with her. I like it. :)

12 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

And alexa isnt?

AI is all bout creating something which then has a mind of its own... this is what scares the world but fascinates it too.

I will wait for a few weeks and then binge!! Yay

Oh no, I thought about the part where the guy wants to record her first love's voice with a help of a stranger and no full on direct consent. lol The therapy AI is kinda cool, I'm interested! :D 

___

The running away scene from the end of the first episode seems unlogical now, that we know how they said goodbye to each other. Overall, Jisoo's choices are kinda confusing? I can see that she has mental health issues, and her life turned upside down because of his husband's past, but what the hell, woman. But I totally saw the second episode's cliffhanger coming. 

2 hours ago, Kadope said:

The running away scene from the end of the first episode seems unlogical now, that we know how they said goodbye to each other. Overall, Jisoo's choices are kinda confusing? I can see that she has mental health issues, and her life turned upside down because of his husband's past, but what the hell, woman.

One day Ha won left Norway to Usa (havent known the reason yet, maybe because his mother died and he was adopted) for continuing study. Ji soo remained staying in Norway and during that time she met her husband. At the time she decided to get married, she did not realize her feeling for Ha won for years was love. So she think she loved her husband (as she answered) because there was only him with her in Norway, he filled the empty that Ha won left. Then she discovered that her husband somewhat linked to Ha won's mother death (she cried in front of her grave). That led their relationship worse and she became depression since then. Moreover she felt guilty behalf of her husband's fault so she could not dare to contact Ha won 

1 hour ago, katty27 said:

One day Ha won left Norway to Usa (havent known the reason yet, maybe because his mother died and he was adopted) for continuing study. Ji soo remained staying in Norway and during that time she met her husband. At the time she decided to get married, she did not realize her feeling for Ha won for years was love. So she think she loved her husband (as she answered) because there was only him with her in Norway, he filled the empty that Ha won left. Then she discovered that her husband somewhat linked to Ha won's mother death (she cried in front of her grave). That led their relationship worse and she became depression since then. Moreover she felt guilty behalf of her husband's fault so she could no dare to contact Ha won 

You pretty much summed up what I was thinking.  I find it strange how people can say this is boring...maybe I am just a boring person for enjoying the first setup.  But people have different opinions so oh well. 

The way they filmed is movie quality..although I have to agree that too many blurring going on but also...for some reason it adds to to confusion.. especially the Hawon and Jisoo scenes over the phone.  I actually enjoy when SeoWoo came to a realization regarding who her "before dawn" person was and the fact that he had told her to "stay" which she had expressed her sadness about it to him earlier in their convo.  I can see why she would start to fall for him.

Anyway.  I can't wait for the OST.

Btw.  The actress Jisoo and Chae Soo Bin are real life friends.  They were from same agency but Chae Soo Bin has joined new agency now.

17 hours ago, lshadowl said:

You pretty much summed up what I was thinking.  I find it strange how people can say this is boring...maybe I am just a boring person for enjoying the first setup.  But people have different opinions so oh well. 

The way they filmed is movie quality..although I have to agree that too many blurring going on but also...for some reason it adds to to confusion.. especially the Hawon and Jisoo scenes over the phone.  I actually enjoy when SeoWoo came to a realization regarding who her "before dawn" person was and the fact that he had told her to "stay" which she had expressed her sadness about it to him earlier in their convo.  I can see why she would start to fall for him.

Anyway.  I can't wait for the OST.

Btw.  The actress Jisoo and Chae Soo Bin are real life friends.  They were from same agency but Chae Soo Bin has joined new agency now.

I cant wait for the OST too!  I did enjoy the drama although many people said it's boring.. Cant wait for the next episode

Love...love...love it so far.  :wub:

It’s exquisite.  Gorgeous introspective dialogue.  Beautifully filmed and framed scenes.  It ebbs and flows like a beautiful musical piece with no overly long pauses that leave you antsy.  Only 2 episodes so far but I really like it.

Really enjoyed the first 2 episodes. I like it because it is not just another K-drama with familiar scenarios (enough with time travel and reading people's mind already!). I find the side story about the AI development interesting as well. The two leads are insanely likable, especially together.

It is pretty obvious that Jisoo's husband was directly responsible for Hawon's parents' death (and Jisoo did not find out about it till well into the marriage). I guess we will find out how over the next 10 episodes or so. Pretty random to choose Norway for the remote, but it is quite beautiful (did they film in Norway?)

Archived