[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

4 episodes down, and I can't get enough of this!

I would say Soo Ah has the courage to admit that she was the one who reported Sae Roy's bar to the police. She's just too confident about her relationship with him. I mean, how couldn't she? For the longest time, he's been telling her that he understands all of her life choices. That's why she really pursued her ambitions in reaching the top while still geting her relationship to him intact.

But Sae Roy telling her that he was a little disappointed had actually put a crack on that confidence. I don't think that what she feels is something that has to do with her being jealous at Yi Seo. Rather, I fell like Soo Ah no longer understands what Sae Roy feels about her. It is like she is asking "You said you understand my life choice. So why do you feel disappointed? Do you still like me?" 

I think it will still take some time before that doubt develops into jealousy over Yi Seo.

Anyhow, don't you think Sae Roy being hard-headed and a simple-minded clueless guy at the same time kinda cute? Haha! :lol:

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 02. 08. 9:13 PM

"Itaewon Class" hits rating of 10% thanks to intriguing development

%EC%9D%B4%ED%83%9C%EC%9B%90_%ED%81%B4%EB

"Itaewon Class" continued to show formidable momentum as it reached the viewership rating of 10% in the latest episode.

Episode 4 airing on February 8 once again helped the Fri-Sat drama "Itaewon Class" (JTBC) break its own record by gaining a rating of 9.4% nationwide and 10.7% in the capital area (Nielsen Korea, based on the standard of households using paid platforms). Kim Dami's (as Jo Yi Seo) straightforward love confession and sweet kiss after she felt Park Seo Joon's (as Park Sae Roy) unusual charisma shook audiences' hearts. Thus, viewers are paying close attention to the development of the love triangle Kim Dami - Park Seo Joon - Kwon Nara (as Oh Soo Ah) and Danbam restaurant, as well as the fierce, dramatic takeover of Itaewon of youths filled with burning enthusiasm.

Park Seo Joon had to close Danbam restaurant. Instead of compromising, he kept his faith and got his business suspended for 2 months. Park Seo Joon encouraged Ryu Kyung Soo (as Choi Seung Kwon), who was self-blaming for this incident, "It's over now. Can't take it back. Let's see 2 months of suspension as a chance for us to make up for what we're lacking."

Kim Dami began to feel curious about Park Seo Joon. After reading the article about the accident 10 years ago, she recalled the conversation of Park Seo Joon and Ahn Bo Hyun (played by Jang Geun Won) and knew about the truth behind Ahn Bo Hyun's murder. Kim Dami's age of 20 started with boredom. She passed all the universities that she registered, but she didn't feel happy though she was hanging out or laughing cheerfully with her brilliant friends. Nothing interested her after her encounter with Park Seo Joon.

After leaving the boring wine party, Kim Dami was dragged into a quarrel with the guy sitting at her table. Enraged by Dami's insolent reaction, he slapped her face. Right at the moment he was raising his hand again, she knocked the man down and ran hiding in men's toilet. Incidentally, Park Seo Joon was also there. After a moment of embarrassment, Kim Dami asked for help. Park Seo Joon took her hand and the two began to run aimlessly. Even Kwon Na Ra, who was waiting for him without knowing anything, also ran after them, which brought out a scene bursting with young blood on the Itaewon street in the middle of the night and excited the audience.

There was a strange tension when the three unexpectedly encountered each other. Kwon Nara tested Kim Dami by a provocation, telling that Park Seo Joon liked her. However, Kim Dami was not the loser in this mind game. Seeing through Kwon Nara's words, Kim Dami discovered that it was Kwon Nara who reported Danbam for selling alcohol for minors. Then, Kwon Nara admitted it straightforwardly, even so, Park Seo Joon still stayed calm.

When only the two were left, Park Seo Jun and Kim Dami drank and talked about promoting Danbam restaurant. Every idea from the genius girl Kim Dami added the "fire" to "Danbam restaurant owner" Park Seo Jun - who is always full of ambition and youth passion. With the question "Why named the restaurant Danbam?", Park Seo Jun made Kim Da Mi's heart flutter, answering, "My life is a bit bitter. I'm so lonely. There is no special reason. I just hope that the night with a bit of sadness and my life can get better." Kim Da Mi's kiss along with the line "Hope that the lonely night of this man will be sweeter. I want to make your life better" brought a fluttering atmosphere.

The final part of the episode shows Kim Dami making the ever greatest determination in her 20s. She went to the Danbam restaurant and confidently expressed that she wanted to work here. Park Seo Joon's gaze has heightened viewers' curiosity about the change in their relationship. Strange emotions and awakening have come to Kim Dami, who once believed that "love is the dumbest thing human can do", which promisingly brings changes to Park Seo Joon's life. 

"Itaewon Class" is broadcast on JTBC at 10:50 pm (KST) every Friday and Saturday.

Reporter Hwang So Young /hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home  

• Like 10

@Samuel Yohanes I can’t agree more! It’s such a feel good/refreshing song and I can’t wait for the OST to be released so I can keep listening to it on my drive to school. Sometimes I catch myself singing that “WOAH!”part whenever it comes on. 

@SaiSai1988, I’m so glad that PSR said what he said to Soo-ah. I think she needs to realise that even though he is for her and her choices, her ego needs to be turned down a notch. I think they have that honest and trust-like relationship that he can speak his mind to her. I think PSR wants the best for Soo-ah, of course he is going to tell her that he is disappointed. PSR cannot always hold her in high regards. His comments are always justifiable and righteous as he sees it. Soo-ah keeps him at a distance but likes it when Saeroyi sings praises to/for her. She can’t always be the best. 

I think that’s why this drama is so relevant. I’m rooting for the sociopath! 

• Like 10

Daebak

Love the story, very promosing plots strong decent character within their own scars, Seroy is the man with strong roots, his pragmatic decency lay within honest and kindness kinda absurd believable, the smart short hair girl is fun, the heroin  we the viewers loves , it will interesting to wait how she help Seroy to growth his business and to anticipate the trick and tripe of giant jenga dirty hands, in other hand seems so many person with their own agenda will stabbed each other to climb the Ladder of successor in Jengga when actually the ones  who's tried to growth himself independently is out of their radar.

Very interesting and intrigued 

Can't wait next week episode

Spoiler

Ps. It's really out of discussion but somehow one in a while i do imagines the Smart girl is IU as the writer wishes when first time the news to production is come out.

Sorry it's  just slight oponion, hence the actress whose take the role is pretty good too.

• Like 9

@serenilmauve

Thanks for the info & the link. That's sounds interesting. I always hear about the two sites. I'm never sure what it really is so I assume it was like twitter. That must mean IC is widely searched alot when it airs. Cool!

@Anjalifairy

KDM portrays JYS with great energy. I love how her face lits up everytime SRY say/do things. I think IC has a good chance reaching high rating consistently. Jtbc highest rated show is Sky Castle at 24%. 

JYS character is unique because I dont think there's ever a FL written that has sociopathtic tendecies or with her personality. Usually male characters are written with range/variety so its refreshing to see a character like JYS onscreen. Yes, JYS reminds me of Pucca, the Netflix 2018 show, in terms of her unconditional devotion/love for Garu lol. Although Garu is sorta of neutral/unsure about his feelings for Pucca. Not only that but personality wise too. Pucca is exceptional, bold/upfront, physically strong/can defend herself. When Garu is in danger/trouble & need of help, she is always there to protect him lol. JYS is there for SRY like how Pucca is there for Garu. The comparison, I find it very cute & endearing. 

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

@serenilmauve

Thanks for the info & the link. That's sounds interesting. I always hear about the two sites. I'm never sure what it really is so I assume it was like twitter. That must mean IC is widely searched alot when it airs. Cool!

On Naver you also can see demographic of people, who leave comments under videos and articles. And I see a lot of people in their 30-40's enjoying it. I was afraid that drama could be too much "hip" for someone older than 10-20's due to  the style and "young adults/misfits" themes, but I guess dreams about succeeding in life and achieving something big universal to all ages;)

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

please,help me to understand properly here.i know ma hyunyi suppose to be a transgender character.but i’m a bit confused.right now she is a guy to everyone and no one knows she wants and feels herself as a woman,right?and she/he will in the future transition to a woman?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, emollienime said:

please,help me to understand properly here.i know ma hyunyi suppose to be a transgender character.but i’m a bit confused.right now she is a guy to everyone and no one knows she wants and feels herself as a woman,right?and she/he will in the future transition to a woman?

This is question for @Anjalifairy ^_^ Because I can't read korean, I didn't understand that part myself;)

img.gif

Spoiler

img.gif

img.gif

credit:

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Love 2

OSEN | 2020. 02. 09. 2:33 AM

Park Seo Joon full of gangster feature in prison outfit on Instagram

0004162975_001_20200209171707301.png?typ

Actor Park Seo Joon unveiled photos taken at the set of the drama "Itaewon Class".

On February 9, Park Seo Joon uploaded a picture onto his personal Instagram. In it, the male actor is standing in front of the jail in prisoners' outfit. He has all eyes fixed on him when looking straight at the camera with a pose showing opposition.

It can be seen that this photo was taken at the filming set of the Fri-Sat drama "Itaewon Class" (JTBC). Park Seo Joon is captivating the small-screen audience as the main role Park Sae Ro Yi.

Episode 1 of "Itaewon Class" aired in January heralded a smooth beginning with a 5% rating, attracting attention as this is the highest rating among first episodes of JTBC's dramas so far. Only after 4 episodes, this figure has increased to 10% and still shows an upward trend.

"Itaewon Class" is a work depicting the "hip" rebellion of the young gathering together in an irrational world thanks to the toughness and bravery. The drama stars actors such as Park Seo Joon, Kim Dami, Yoo Jae Myung, Kwon Nara, Kim Dong Hee, and Ahn Bo Hyun.

OSEN = Reporter Park So Young /comet568@osen.co.or
Photo = SNS
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 5

@SaiSai1988

SRY & SA both like eachother but are conflicted

with their feelings because they are on the opposition. Atleast that's how I see it, judging from ep. 5 preview, SA went in for a kiss, SRY seems to reciprocate when he closes his eyes even though it seem they had a argument with eachother. Right in front of JYS :sweatingbullets:<_<. I love seeing the tension & drama unfold lol. 

@Samuel Yohanes

I love the theme song. I didnt realize it was Gaho. I listened to the whole track & yes, it really suits the tone & setting of IC. It's very befitting of the show. The music is great too & the other songs are also nice. I love the lyrics to "Still Fighting" by Lee Chan Sol :tears:

@serenilmauve

Thats neat. 

I can see the appeal of IC among all ages. Having a universal message does attracts all kinds of viewers. Btw, I love that gif set of JYS & SRY at the end of ep. 4 when she looks at him with a big o' smile, saying she'll make his dream happenB)

• Like 8

8 hours ago, emollienime said:

I understood differently. I haven’t read the manga so correct me if you have. For now all I know is that she crossdresses. Just because someone crossdresses does not mean they’re transgender so I didn't assume so.

Based oh how she reacted when Choi Seung-kwon laughed about sizes

assumed she dresses so to feel comfortable and appears as a boy but deep down she wants to be treated as a girl.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlackKimchi said:

I understood differently. I haven’t read the manga so correct me if you have. For now all I know is that she crossdresses. Just because someone crossdresses does not mean they’re transgender so I didn't assume so.

Based oh how she reacted when Choi Seung-kwon laughed about sizes

assumed she dresses so to feel comfortable and appears as a boy but deep down she wants to be treated as a girl.

I don't know korean (language nuances), but I think everyone right now refer to Ma Hyun Yi as a guy, because at this stage she is a guy. Just a pretty one, in their eyes. Even CSK specifically said "What do you mean "you guys", aren't you guy too? Also... you look like a girl" and asked go with him to sauna and joked about manhood sizes. Teasers even hinted, that next episode we will see Ma Hyun Yi's story. 

In webtoon with drawings it easer to convey something, and production team apparently spend a lot of time trying figure out how to handle this sensitive casting, but Ma Hyun Yi's story a bit bigger, than the story of tomboy;)

@greenwatch08 I would go as far and say, that at this point people in their 30-40's enjoying it even more;) 

I love, how characters have narration, btw. It makes me understand them even more and I like hear inner thoughts;)

Kim Da Mi also have such a cute big expressive eyes, she looks like anime to me;)

EDIT: 

2020-02-10-1-09-48.png

Daily character search on Naver

#1 Jo Yi Seo

#4 Park Sae Roy

#5 Ma Hyun Yi

#7 Oh Soo Ah 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2

Can we talk about humor in this drama? It’s so good in it’s own way, and I don’t know how they do it, so it doesn’t even look out of the place and it follows flow so good; they don’t break narrative or mood for those funny moments, for some reasons they just feel like naturally happening))) 

Also, I died, when Park Saeroy was okay with his  employees causing him monetary damage, but no-no to touching his singing abilities :joy:

@Yana Mujay

Spoiler

Funny thing is Park Seojoon and IU will be playing leads in movie Dream together soon))) 

@Deepakmahajan It’s kinda scary at this point predict ratings; it can go any way. But I’m so happy for the cast & crew with what they already achieved:)) It’s still incredible, because internationally there is still no big buzz, but in SK people already gasping how good is this drama;)) 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1